3325 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cstreetrva.com/
- Phone: 8043552200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from C Street
We feature a spaceous patio overlooking Carytown, a lovely dining area and full bar. Book your parties in our Courtyard for catered events and special occasions. Catering in-house by Hazel-Ruth Fine Catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C Street reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Hidden Gem in Cary TownRVANYCDined on 10/18/2014Very Good restaurant that was not crowded, service was great. Did not even know the place was there. A true hidden gem in Cary Town.Special Features:
- Glad We Chose It.pohare52Dined on 10/18/2014Four + overall rating. Our first visit. Very nice. We went on a Saturday for lunch and were impressed - pleasant atmosphere, good service, and great crab cakes. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventDuckmanDined on 10/16/2014Food was superb, service excellent, ambience left nothing more to be needed. We enjoyed the entire meal, even if I did not "need" the Krispy Kreem" bread pudding. The entrée selection covered the spread of choices so that everyone in the party had an appropriate choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeTboneDined on 10/12/2014needed a place for Sunday brunch for 9 on short notice and Open Table came through with this lovely experience. All the food here was good and flavorful. The huge settee inside allowed nine of us to dine together very comfortably. Our vegetarian, no gluten diners were very happy too. The eggs benedict with savory bread pudding was enormous and we brought home the bread pudding, which I have enjoyed for lunch for 2 days. The turkey panini was really delicious, too. The Asian slaw had a real kick to it that made it stand out among Asian slaws I've had. And the curried chickpea salad I tasted was also delicious.Special Features:
- WebbVIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent experience in every way. Service was impeccable, timing was excellent at every step, food was excellent. One of the best dining experiences I have had in Richmond.Special Features:
- Visiting UR ParentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I wanted to take our daughter and friends to lunch. She had always thought she would enjoy C Street so we made reservations. Simply stated, we all enjoyed our lunch at C Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TenaLDined on 9/6/2014C Street wa an enjoyable experience. Great location and the patio dining is lovely. Good food and service at a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried it!vagentlemanVIPDined on 9/5/2014There are so many good restaurants in town that there is a temptation to stay with what you know and like. We tried C Street for the first time and are glad we did. Everything about our dinner was outstanding. We shared an appetizer of Shrimp on the Rocks (our waitress told us the shrimp are served by weigh and it should be big enough to share - it was) If you don't get anything else, try this! The whiskey-laced remolade is absolutely delicious! My wife's grilled tuna and my crab cakes were equally delicious. C Street offers 2 sides with many entrees - much more enjoyable than the customary "vegetable medley"I tried the Asian slaw - good companion to the crab cakes, and their baked sweet potato fries - very tasty! Give C Street a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MMACVIPDined on 8/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to C Street on Sunday morning and we will definitely be back. We actually arrived just prior to opening and were met by a very helpful member of the staff. Although the food took a little long to arrive, it was WAY worth the wait. We enjoyed the crab cake sandwich and the tomato pie special. Bothe dishes were outstanding and we would highly recommend C Street!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Wonderful outside dining on a pleasant summer eveningSpecial Features:
- C StreetladywholunchesDined on 7/2/2014Lovely spot in Cary Town for a long lunch. Have not tried dinner. Interesting menu, above average food, slow service.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the C Street reviews archive.
- Saturday nightloveatingDined on 6/28/2014Great meal on the patio with very attentive service.Special Features:
- Very nice experience, recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Superb food, beautifully presented and prepared. Lovely atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Superb on all counts.GiselaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had the most incredible dining experience at C-Street last night. From the moment we were warmly greeted and ushered to prime front porch seating, and from the best crab cake apps, flavorful entrees and gelato desert, to the heartfelt farewell handshakes from the staff, the evening was flawless. The adjacent parking lot was icing on the cake. Since moving to Richmond three years ago, our only complaint is that we didn't try C-Street sooner. Now we simply can't wait to return soon and often.Special Features:
- Great find in my neighborhoodLetsgoski2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014I checked out C Street and found the food to be excellent. We had a four-course meal with no disappointment in any of the food. The woman who waited on us was efficient and pleasant. They decorate beautifully with fresh flowers and candles on all tables! There was a group of people having a good time on the patio. They were drinking and loud. It did not bother me because I ate inside, but it seemed to bother some of the staff. Then a group of older, pleasantly dressed people happily came in to have drinks at the bar. I watched as they were greeted with a chilly reception and they felt uncomfortable and left. This restaurant has excellent food, but some of the staff need to be friendlier and more receptive to all types of people.Special Features:
- Memorable food!LetseatDined on 5/10/2014We gathered for lunch at C Street to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. The food was memorable – especially the spring pea, leek, and potato soup! All of the food was terrific, although it was very slow in coming. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant, but it appeared to us that they should have had more staff there to handle the lunch crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the crab cakes!JPaulVIPDined on 5/6/2014Our dinner at C Street began with a bumpy start (they were out of my beer request; appetizer and entrée must be ordered at the same time), but the meal made up for these initial disappointments. My entrée was the house crab cake platter, and the two generous-sized crab cakes were some of the best in recent memory. These were crab cakes for crab lovers, with little of the fillers and heavy breading one encounters so often. My wife enjoyed her fish du jour, and we both approved of our choices for side dishes: sweet potato fries and grilled asparagus. Dining on their front porch on a nice May evening was the perfect complement to our meal. We left full and happy, and our waiter seemed genuinely pleased that we had enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Food - ok, service - horrible, ambiance - very niceSpecial Features:
- Excellent dinner!FrancesDined on 4/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the evening at C Street. Private parking was a nice addition to the delicious food and friendly, knowledgeable staff. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment - we won't go backLoveRVADined on 4/11/2014The $12 burgers were decent (but the wrong temp).The server was nice but inattentive. The seafood stew was one of the worst dishes I have ever tried to eat - a greasy over cooked mess.They were not full when we arrived so why did it take over 1 hour for our entrees to arrive (it may have been 1.5 hours) We left hungry so we grabbed something on the way home! When we arrived, the hostess, who may have been a owner, was harried and not welcoming. If someone, anyone, had taken the time to apologize for the subpar service and food, we might go back. From the moment we walked in until we had to go to the bar to ask for our check, there was no effort to explain or apologize. Our money is better spent anywhere else. And the check was over $100.Special Features:
- Best RetaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food was the most delicious food I ever ate in Richmond. I took a Strip Steak and my friend took a filet mignon. It costs us around $70 in total and for this taste the price was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealBobTheBuilderVIPDined on 4/2/2014C Street has become our favorite 'go -to' place when we get fidgety at home. Wonderfully pleasant service, great food, and outside dining on nice evenings. We've probably eaten there more than a dozen times, and enjoyed every meal. Sunday brunch after church is a very pleasant experience here. I particularly abhor the boisterous noise level that seems so common in Richmond restaurants. (I actually enjoy hearing what my wife has to say). C Street is always calm enough for us to talk (not shout).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected romanceChurchHillConnoisseurDined on 2/28/2014I thought I would surprise my girlfriend by taking her to C Street for the first time, but by the end of the meal we were both surprised. C street surpassed my expectations. The server was pure class. The food was classic (I had the buttermilk chicken) but it was plated in a sophisticated manner that only enhanced the appeal. When we went, the place was very quiet and intimate. This was on a Friday night, mind you. The only drawback to the restaurant was the price. It was a little over $30 a person before tip. We did enjoy a great seafood soup de jour in addition to our entrees though. Overall I highly recommend C Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marks reviewMarkDined on 2/15/2014the restaurant was average. The place was well decorated inside. The food was good but nothing really to rave about. Not too many exotic dishes or risk taking. But I was still satisfied with the food and quality of service. And it was nice that they had their own parking lot so you don't have to find street parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDelightedDinerVIPDined on 2/15/2014We had a lovely time. I was very impressed with the quality of the menu and the specials. We had a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great Valentine's DayJamesDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to C Street for Valentine's Day and everything was very nice. No complaints. I had a steak and it tasted great. My wife had fish (I forget the exact dish) and she also enjoyed it very much. Our waiter was very nice and helpful. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines SpecialTmorganDined on 2/14/2014Spent our Valentines evening here and the food was breath taking. The service was on par for a restaurant of this caliber and staff were friendly and well educated about their menu items. Food was priced well for the quality and this will remain a top restaurant in Richmond for us to visit for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceLito301Dined on 1/10/2014Overall great experience. I proposed to my girlfriend during our visit and the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013I dined at C Street on New Year's Eve. The service was BEYOND TERRIBLE. The waiter did not read us any of the specials, he forgot our bottle of champagne and we never ended up getting it, our order was completely wrong, and we ended up cancelling the order to leave and just going hungry for the night. AVOID.
- Perfection as alwaysJamieCVIPDined on 12/31/2013We chose to have our last meal of 2013 at one of our favorite restaurants - C Street. We were not disappointed. We ordered the Airline Chicken Breast and it was delicious. I rarely eat chicken, but this is the only restaurant I will order it from consistently. This is a gem of a restaurant on Cary Street. When the weather is warmer, they have a fabulous patio for wonderful outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richmond is a city full ofDebbiDined on 12/6/2013Richmond is a city full of great and unique restaurants. We have some great chefs and restaurant groups. This restaurant is in a great location and has an interesting layout. Dining outside watching the happenings on Cary Street is an experience. The service was subpar with a meek server who didn't know the menu or bar well. Giving him the benefit of the doubt--maybe he was new. The food was good but I've had much better food for the price. I am glad I tried this restaurant but not sure I need to go back.Special Features:
- PerfectYummyDined on 12/5/2013Beautiful store front. Amazing decor. Friendly service. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2013Our first time at C Street was a good visit. Our server Lily was fantastic, going above and beyond the basics and elevating a good meal to great status. The Caribbean Stew was well seasoned and almost perfect although the scallops were a bit overdone. We found the skin-on aspect of the Buttermilk Chicken to be a bit messy and it was breaded excessively but it was moist and flavorful. The Manakintowne Salad was tasty and very fresh and the Lemon Cake with Pistachio Ice Cream was a fine finish to the meal. The surroundings at C Street were lovely and worthy of 5 stars except that the lighting was just too dim to read the menu comfortably. The front porch looks like a great place to people-watch while still enjoying a classy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very tasty!PrincessJudyDined on 10/18/2013Beautiful presentation and extremely delicious food . Also has own limited parking beside restaurant off Cary street . Fun to eat on front porch and people watch. Fancy dining! We had a great waiter too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night, quiet spotRVAWmVIPDined on 9/28/2013On a busy parents weekend Saturday, found C Street surprisingly vacant inside at 6:30. A few tables on cool front outdoors were occupied, but we were a first anyway alone with the bartender. Previous visits had been at lunch, this our first dinner visit. Exceptional table settings and broad based wine list were accompanied by a almost warm bread basket. One vegetarian fish soup and three more solid meals were nicely presented, yet over powered with garlic. My brook trout was bland and sprigged with what was supposed to be string sweet potatoes, but tasted more like shredded carrot. While the overall impression was good, just not as special as we had hoped. The atmosphere however will bring us back another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic HotspotNickscottiDined on 9/21/2013A great new place I found by doing a little searching. A cozy atmosphere with variety for everyone on the menu. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. NiceJBRVADined on 9/6/2013Great food and service. Nice patio and courtyard too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carytown FunGoldensDined on 9/6/2013C Street has a unique and varied menu--delicious, fresh ingredients and attentive waitstaff. We chose a table on the deck with a great view overlooking people strolling on Cary Street on a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has a fantasticKimCDined on 9/3/2013This restaurant has a fantastic front portch. It had a great breeze and the ambiance was awesome. Outside yet intimate. We got the meatloaf special, which is not something that I would usually order at a restaurant but it sounded so appealing when the server was describing it, that we had to have it. It lived up to the description and then some. It was awesome.Special Features:
- Enjoyed sitting on raised patioDelightedDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2013I wish this restaurant would capitalize better on the patio they have on the side. It seems such a wasteSpecial Features: