166 E. Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.c-houserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3125230923
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nicole Pederson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Set within the main dining room or a completely private space, Marcus Samuelsson’s C-House Restaurant is the ideal venue for your next event. C-House is available for luncheons, dinners and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Kearns 8776582703
- Special Events: C-House and C-View are available for Private and Semi-Private Dinner Functions.
A word from C-House Restaurant
C-House is a Modern American restaurant located in the MileNorth Hotel in downtown Chicago. Fun dining in a relaxed atmosphere with an emphasis on fresh, local ingredients. The property also features C-VIEW, our rooftop lounge and outdoor terrace located on the 29th Floor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C-House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great for lunch indeed!RSDarlingDined on 1/11/2013Great service - friendly and accommodating. The menu had nice variety.Special Features:
- Great experience at C-HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Went here for New Years Eve dinner. Although the menu was limited since they also had a fix-menu for New Years Eve, the meal my wife and I had was amazing. Although it wasn't a cheap meal (it's downtown Chicago, wasn't surprised...and we had 4 drinks total) I would 100% recommend this restaurant to anybody looking for a romantic (and very delicious) meal or even a special occasion if you are looking for a quieter experience that is close to Michigan Avenue.Special Features:
- great food, pricey winehvw54Dined on 12/28/2012we had a delicious meal at C-house. The food was tasty and beautifully presented. My only gripe: the wine glass was not quite half full -- for $10? really? A beautiful space, though, with great food.Special Features:
- We were in very early on aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012We were in very early on a Friday night, first table served, so it was quiet. The food was excellent. I would recommend the rooftop bar for an excellent view and romantic drinks.Special Features:
- mysteriously disappointingPaulVIPDined on 12/25/2012The food is consistently above average, the menu ecclectic enough and the ambience is elegant and understated. Yet the several times I've been here, there's always something that's just a little off. It just doesn't click. You expect a restaurant such as this to project an aura of professionalism, yet although the service is cordial enough, it's at about the same level as Giordano's Pizza and they always seem a tad disorganized and/or understaffed.
- Seemed like it would be aFaith1106VIPDined on 12/24/2012Seemed like it would be a nice place. We had breakfast Christmas morning. Restaurant was basically empty (as was the hotel, for the most part). Our breakfasts were okay. I had steel cut oatmeal which came with dried fruit, brown sugar & banana. I asked them to hold the dried fruit & brown sugar but they held the banana too. I didn't ask for it -- my fault. Husband asked for his scrambled eggs to be really, REALLY well done but they had to be sent back to be cooked more. For a basically empty restaurant (one other table seated) -- it was a bit off. Then again - it was Christmas and who wants to have to work that day. Another time it might be terrific. But it was kind of average.
- no people, food ok, expensiveSHIHTZUDined on 12/18/2012no people, food ok, expensive drinks. would not go back
- We went here recently on aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2012We went here recently on a business dinner with colleagues and had a wonderful dinner. The food was fresh and inventive and very delicious. We had fun tasting everyone's choice and they all seemed like winners. We especially enjoyed the black cod in miso glaze.Special Features:
- It was amazing everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012It was amazing everything taste really good, when we first arrived we were a little thrown off by the menu and wanted to leave but we stayed and I'm really happy we did maybe the best meal I've ever eaten my only complaint is that the desserts were pretty weakSpecial Features:
- Food at CHouse was excellent--withoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2012Food at CHouse was excellent--without exception. Service was less than great seemingly due to a shortage of servers. Ambiance is a little under-whelming. However, because of its proximity and the good food, I would go back.Special Features:
- Awesome peanut butter icebuckeyegirlVIPDined on 11/13/2012Awesome peanut butter ice cream and molasses cookie. Brussel sprouts and parsnips were delicious. Love the cheese bread...very unique.Special Features:
- An excellent quiet place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2012An excellent quiet place to dine serving delicious food...well worth the money.Special Features:
- service was poor. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012service was poor. service felt rushed and the server was not very helpful or friendly.
- Mixed resultsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/26/2012My scallops were cooked perfectly but the sauce was so salty I had to scrape it off and I love salt. This dish would have sent someone home on Top Chef. On the other hand, my husband said that the Mediterranean halibut was the best of his life. The desserts were superb. The pastry chef made me a cranberry crumble (not on the menu) when I asked whether any of the desserts were dairy free. Very interesting wine list including three French Macon chardonnays. The one we picked was delicious, with grapefruit notes.
- Fantastic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2012Hidden gem here right off N Michigan Ave at Superior. The menu is eclectic but the chef knows what he is doing with combining of flavors. The sun choke and homemade ricotta flatbread was incredible. Salmon was tender and moist. Baked apple with cashews brown sugar cinnamon croutons and cinnamon ice cream was heavenly. Attentive service. Not crowded. Attached to the very cool Mile North boutique hotel. recommended!Special Features:
- Very disappointing. Chef SamuelsonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2012Very disappointing. Chef Samuelson no longer owns C-house and it shows. Menu items sounded exciting but the real thing failed to deliver. Only one seafood dish (shrimp appetizer). Not worth visiting given the many other options in Chicago. On the plus side was our server. Very peasant, well informed and attentive.
- The appetizers we orderedSunshineVIPDined on 10/4/2012The appetizers we ordered were amazing. The house made ricotta and pork belly were phenomenal. The scallop entree was good in the sense that the scallops were perfectly done, but the accompaniments were not to my taste. I'd never had cooked celery (outside of soup), turnips, spinach puree, or the other accompaniments, and I didn't like them. But I'm not holding that against chef at all. Do remember that this restaurant also contains the hotel bar, so if hotel patrons spend the whole day and whole evening at the bar drinking, you may get to see & hear to chaos associated with their efforts to leave and go back up to the hotel. Not an ideal experience, but worth it for those wicked apps.
- Bone marrow dish was veryCinSeattleDined on 10/2/2012Bone marrow dish was very tasty, great oysters and rooftop bar!Special Features:
- Just average seafoodskidocVIPDined on 10/1/2012I was a bit disappointed in this place. I have been wanting to come here for a long time. The food was good but not special. Nothing was bad, just not special, sort of nondescript. That is probably why we were one of the few diners on a Monday night. I cannot say there is something that I could say I would definitely try here.
- This was our first time atTellyDined on 9/29/2012This was our first time at C-House. We were very impressed with the ambiance and decor of the restaurant as well as the service and the food itself. We really enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- My husband and I made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012My husband and I made reservations for 5:30 - turns out that is their earliest dinner seating. Everything we ate was delicious. I would come back just for the bread, which I think was stuffed with brie (!!). Not excessively pricy, about what I would expect from a fancy place. Service was very attentive- it probably helped that we were our server's only table most of the time there. We ordered the chorizo flatbread, pork chop, steak, and candy bar sampler. All very tasty, although my husband was surprised by the musrooms that came with his steak. Even the iced tea was delicious!Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious! We stayedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012Absolutely delicious! We stayed at the hotel and enjoyed several meals and appetizers in the restaurant. The gnocchi and bone marrow appetizer are out of this world. Service is excellent as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- The beet salad was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012The beet salad was outstanding, as were the scallops. Went with a group of 10 and everyone enjoyed it. We all stayed at the MileNorth hotel next door which made it very convenient to get our group together for a very good dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic food from startOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012Fantastic food from start to finish with a knowledgeable server recommending the perfect wine pairing for all courses. Have recommended to all our friends visiting Chicago!Special Features:
- Total hidden gem for foodiesSullyLoverVIPDined on 9/8/2012How I hadn't heard about this place earlier is beyond me. What a great foodie hangout. Their pre fixe menu for $35 is fantastic, and includes pairings! My meal, as well as my two fellow diners' were amazing. I am surprised the dining area wasn't full. I also enjoyed the rooftop patio...chic with a great view. Only downfall is we sat on the outdoor patio for dinner and the valet's (or bell hop?) whistling all night for taxis was totally obnoxious. It should be noted when asking to sit outside.Special Features:
- I was disappointed. The staffloveagoodmealDined on 8/30/2012I was disappointed. The staff were not well informed of the menu with the ability to give only general discussions of the entrees. Nothing was bad...but nothing outstanding. Potential is great however.
- C-House was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/11/2012C-House was disappointing. The waitress did not seem very knowledgeable about the menu. The menu had items that were not available to eat. The flatbread was soggy. We expected better, given the menu choices offered.
- Excellent food and service.LostInChicagoDined on 8/11/2012Excellent food and service. It was oddly quiet when we ate but picked up as we were leaving. The 29th floor bar (separate space) at C-View made for a great after dinner drink. It looked like you can get the full menu up there as well.Special Features:
- We were literally the onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2012We were literally the only people in the restaurant. Apparently this restaurant just changed hands and it probably just needs some time to rebound and reestablish itself. The food was good, but not great.
- Delightful Dining ExperienceCoLoR349Dined on 7/7/2012From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted warmly and with a smile. Our server was GREAT. She was helpful and friendly. The food at the C-House is simply DELICIOUS. I started off with the baby beet salad, which was quite tasty. My main entree was the Hay Roasted Half Chicken, which I shared with my sister. The chicken was incredibly moist and flavorful. My side dish was the Mac & Cheese with pork sausage & goat cheddar cheese (EXCELLENT & RICH). All in all it was a WONDERFUL dining experience and the next time I'm in the Windy City I would definitely return to the C-House.Special Features:
- The oysters were amazing.paddlegrl9VIPDined on 7/5/2012The oysters were amazing. The restaurant is next to Gino's East which is a tough location but really was a shining example of a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Eh. Absolutely nothing specialChitowndinerVIPDined on 6/25/2012Eh. Absolutely nothing special here. The restaurant needs an overhaul. Kind of dingy and dated.
- I went for a business lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2012I went for a business lunch, and the service was pretty good; we were out of the restaurant in a little over an hour. The portion size of the 1, 2, 3 lunch was perfect, but the food itself - i had the lobster club - was dry and tasteless. I particularly disliked the fries, which were not crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, and the spicy housemade ketchup. The lobster also tasted a little old and like it was not quite fresh. The snickerdoodle cookies were hard and dry, not moist and chewy like these cookies are supposed to be. I would not eat here again.
- Food very good, service perfectsexxyVIPDined on 6/19/2012Food very good, service perfect and outside peaceful.Special Features:
- The lobster club is divine!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2012The lobster club is divine! Good for brunch. There are a few creative dishes on the menu but I was expecting more of Mark Samuelsons African & Swedish background to shine in the food options. However, I would recommend this restaurant for brunch. The homemade ketchup is delicious!Special Features:
- Celebrity Chef is No Guarantee!AisleGalDined on 6/9/2012Had read about this renowned chef's Chicago location and were eager to try it, but we were terribly disappointed in the extremely ordinary and poorly presented food. Certainly not living up to its reputation. A celebrity chef owner is no guarantee!
- This restaurant has so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2012This restaurant has so much potential; excellent location, awesome decor, and incredibly knowledgeable bartender. Unfortunately, the food is stunningly average, but you would not get that from the prices on the menu that imply a top tier dining experience. The only thing upper echelon about this place is their pricing.
- Miracle Mile FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2012Interesting food that was perfectly executed at very reasonable price. I will return next time in Chicago.Special Features:
- This was disappointing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/1/2012This was disappointing. The spinach rhubarb salad utilized old, tough spinach and the tablespoon of rhubarb sauce did not enhance the salad. The three scallops from the entre had a rather peculiar texture and appearance that suggested they had been reheated. I was taking two other colleagues to dinner, and they politely did not comment on their food, which spoke volumes.
- Great menu, waitress was veryTenderearsVIPDined on 5/30/2012Great menu, waitress was very attentive Would definitely come backSpecial Features: