C & R Kitchen (Formerly Citron and Rose)
370 Montgomery Ave
Merion Station, PA 19066Neighborhood:
KosherPrice: $30 and under
C & R Kitchen (Formerly Citron and Rose)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citronandrose.com/
- Phone: (610) 664-4919
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch and Dinner menu all day 12:00pm until 8:00pm
Monday through Thursday Dinner 5:30pm until 10pm
Monday through Thursday Happy Hour 5pm until 6:30pm in the bar
Closed Fridays and Saturdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Kosher, International
- Executive Chef: Valentin Bay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Citron and Rose is a full service off-premise catering company. Please send inquiries to email@example.com or call Ron Didner at 610-664-4919.
A word from C & R Kitchen (Formerly Citron and Rose)
C & R Kitchen has a full bar. Kosher Casual Fine Dining. Also Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C & R Kitchen (Formerly Citron and Rose) reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved Citron and RoseCorkyDined on 12/29/2013Really enjoyed the whole experience. The food was outstanding and beautifully served and the waiter was very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJanetLynn60VIPDined on 12/25/2013Loved everything about Citron and Rose. Would definitely return. Something for everyone.Special Features:
- The best kosher restaurantDavidDined on 12/24/2013The best kosher restaurant in Philadelphia and surely one of the best in the country.Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchDaisyVIPDined on 12/15/2013This was our first experience at Citron and Rose. The bakery basket was filled with amazing scones, muffins and biscuits. It was very hard to believe that they didn't have any dairy in them! I would go back just for them. Excellent service, creative menu, and very cool atmosphere. Really a center city restaurant in the burbs!Special Features:
- Great place. Outstanding service.markjmarkDined on 12/12/2013Great place. Outstanding service. Very unique and tasty dishes.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencestevenDined on 12/9/2013The food was phenomenal the rib we ordered was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was horribleDisappointedDined on 12/5/2013We heard this restaurant was top notch so we traveled in 2 hours for this and we were so disappointed the steak was horrible it tasted like smoked and burnt meat, we had to wait 30 minutes until our food came out and than we left even hungrier than we came. Terrible food
- Great neighborhood restaurant!sashaVIPDined on 12/5/2013The food, service and ambiance were great. I ordered the Arugula salad and the Arctic Char entree. Both were delicious and beautifully prepared. I do want to make a special mention about the extraordinary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!Foodie1Dined on 12/1/2013Each dish was inventive, delicious, and presented beautifully. The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The restaurant was pretty and sparkling clean. I really enjoyed my meal (and those of everyone at my table)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citron & Rose keeps getting better!foodieforlifeVIPDined on 11/14/2013I looooove this restaurant!!! Can't go to Philly and not done here!!Special Features:
- Totally excelentparadeDined on 11/12/2013This is our 4th visit and the service, food and ambiance consistently excellent. Great to have a gourmet kosher restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- From the appetizers to theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2013From the appetizers to the main dishes to the dessert, all were wonderful. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- esrog and shoshanaibbergelenterDined on 11/10/2013i liked the food very much but i made a reservation and came a bit late and i wasnt able to sit at a table for the meal rather we had to sit by the bar which wasnt the ideal situation but the people working there were very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kosher burgers in PhiladelphiaAgf3Dined on 11/10/2013Best kosher burgers in Philadelphia. Highly recommed Citron & Rose for kosher and non-kosher eaters alike.Special Features:
- awesome findJordanDined on 11/3/2013We are so limited with local kosher eateries in the greater philly area and this one found it's niche! Not just great for kosher diners, but on the scale of dinning out- it gets a great mark. I would not suggest going for a special occasion unless you can be guaranteed a private table. The two tops are SO clse to one another that if you are larger than a size 2, you will most likely knock over drinks at the table next to you should you need to get in or out at all during the meal. Also, dont fall in love with your favorite dish, because the menu changes a lot. Its constantly changing menu has helped me to try new things each time I go! Thanks Magerman for seeing the void and filling it :)Special Features:
- A Rose without a thornFSSPDined on 10/30/2013This is the second time I have been to Citron and Rose , the menu is terrific. Every dish needs to be tasted along with every last item on the dish at once. The combination of tastes the chef has put together is a true masterpiece. The waiters and waitresses are friendly and professional , the place is manhattan setting , without the squeeze. A real enjoyable evening at a table for 5. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Portions and Strange SidesClassyDinerDined on 10/27/2013Portion sizes were small given the price. Sides were very strange, some were better than others but none were very tasty.Special Features:
- Eclectic menuJul1Dined on 10/27/2013The atmosphere at citron and rose was really pretty and romantic. The menu was somewhat limited and seemed to focus on adding unusual ingredients to each and every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerRiShaDined on 10/23/2013We read a real positive review in the Inquirer, especially about the aged steak for two. We aren't into unique seasoned food that is most of the menu so we ordered the expensive steak instead of the regular rib steak or lamb. We were disappointed in it. It was good but not great, especially for $84. The sides were miniscule. We appreciated the attentive service and comfortable seating though it was right next to the next diners so there was no privacy. The noise level was a bit high as the surfaces were all tile and hard. We will try it again knowing what to order & expect because we like to be able to go to that type of kosher restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMikeDined on 10/21/2013I thought the restaurant was outstanding and the beef was prepared exactly as I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citron And RosemurjayDined on 10/6/2013Enjoyed our 2nd visit to this restaurant. A few changes to to the menu but couldn't try them all. Of our party of 5, I was the only one who liked th Oxtail Mushroom soup. The Lamb Shank was delicious but a little salty. The steaks were prepared to requested specifications.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kosher meets TasteTripAdvisorDined on 9/24/2013My friend and I ordered from the Restaurant Week menu and the chicken soup and salmon were both very delicious. My salmon was roasted exactly as I ordered it. The price was steep for the lunch however and ordering from the restaurant's regular menu may be more economic, or perhaps it would cost more for the two courses a la carte. The wait staff was very solicitous and would help a sway a diner to make a return visit despite the price. One amenity that stood out for me was the large and very thick napkins, the touch of an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, and it's kosher!BarryVIPDined on 9/23/2013Who knew kosher food could be so tasty and creative? Can't wait to go back and try more thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterHeyyallDined on 9/22/2013Was a huge fan if c&r till they changed the menu. Won't be back unless menu is changed.
- DisappointingWisteriaDined on 9/9/2013Heard great things about this restaurant, but disappointed. First off, somehow it took the waitress 20 minutes to come back and tell us they were out of one of the main courses we'd ordered. There were only a few tables filled at the time and it doesn't seem as though it should have taken that long to figure that out! The brisket sandwiches were very peppery - not spicy in any other way, just way too peppery. They had only one very thin slice of meat, along with broccoli rabe, etc. I don't care for overly meat-filled, but this was definitely the other extreme! The interior of the restaurant is gorgeous - too bad the food doesn't match!
- New chef invigorates the menulocavoregalDined on 9/2/2013To the Eastern European menu, Chef Karen Nicolas has added flavors of the Mediterranean. There are more veggies (local and seasonal!) featured. The meat favorites remain on the menu. She comes from D.C.'s Equinox where she was named "Best New Chef" for 2012 by Food and Wine Magazine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumJeffDined on 9/1/2013Fantastic food, but together in ways you would never expect - but it works!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great serviceHowardDined on 9/1/2013The food was impeccably delicious, and the service highly attentive. My wife's Chicken Schnitzel was perfectly prepared, as was my olive-oil poached grouper. Although the grouper was very good, next time i would probably opt for a dish with a bit more crispiness or texture. This was our second visit, and we will definitely be back, this is now our favorite restaurant anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013Cool atmosphere, nice service and the best brunch burger ever. What else could you ask for? Oh yea, Philadelphia prices instead of New York prices! that was the icing on the cakeSpecial Features:
- Amazing ExperienceChazDined on 9/1/2013This was my first time experiencing Citron and Rose. It was not a kosher restaurant - it was a restaurant that just happened to be kosher. The food was excellent (in addition to the presentation) and the service was attentive but non-obtrusive. For Sunday brunch, the prices were very reasonable though should I will have to reserve lunch or dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inoffensive, decent but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/29/2013We chose Citron based on online reviews not knowing what to expect from the food or the menu. We were seated promptly by a very friendly staff. The waiter brought me my wine which was just a bit too warm, obviously not chilled, but he was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was OK, though far from great. Each dish was well prepared but if I can cook it better, then I am not that impressed. Overall, a good restaurant, but I probably won't return.Special Features:
- Great night outEliseDined on 8/29/2013We very much enjoyed our night out at citron and rose! The service was exceptional and the owner took a special interest in our experience. We are looking forward to going back again! I had the broccoli salad with duck which was amazing, the rib-eye also very tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceJasonDined on 8/27/2013I felt a little rushed waiters were coming and asking all the time if I'm ready and took the plate the moment I finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Believe. . .OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2013With such gourmet quality and unusual flavors, it's hard to believe the meal is kosher. This is NOT your deli but an elegant meal full of fabulous tastes. While there are things that remind you of Nanna's kitchen, when they arrive they taste nothing like your memory, but are elevated to a new level. This has been true of both kasha and falafel at separate meals over the summer. We've brought friends of all faiths to this really terrific neighborhood place that puts kosher food into a whole new light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, yet againNesanelDined on 8/25/2013Second time, and just as impressive. The food is exquisite and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experience. MyGDawgVIPDined on 8/20/2013Interesting experience. My trout sandwich was tasty, but overpowered by a "hoagie" roll that was way too much bread to handle the contents. The waiter even asked for suggestions when he noticed the mound of uneaten roll on my plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findDJSBCDined on 8/19/2013This is a great restaurant . Extraordinary food - delicately balanced but not afraid of strong favors. Well worth a try. I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place - second home!!foodieforlifeVIPDined on 8/15/2013the perfect restaurant - I'd love to see more beef dishes on the menu ;)Special Features:
- First Class KosherHPNJDinersDined on 8/15/2013Citron + Rose provides an extraordinary dining experience. The food is top notch, service beyond compare and the overall dining experience truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentALRODined on 8/12/2013My husband who is a banquet chef in New Jersey is already making plans to drive back for another meal. Excellent food, serivce and most of all ambience! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.