31 Washington Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cotrattoria.com/
- Phone: (310) 823-9491
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 1:45pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mateo Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please go to www.cotrattoria.com to review our catering menu and our in-house family style party packages for groups of 15 or more.
You may also contact our catering manager at:
- Entertainment: Nightly Sing Alongs
A word from C&O Trattoria
Great Regional Italian food, warm, friendly service, gargantuan portions, and unbelievably low prices make C&O a favorite of locals and first time visitors alike! C&O Trattoria was voted Best Italian Restaurant in the LA West Side by an Argonaut voters pole and best place for a first date by AOL City Search.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
C&O Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
C&O Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (83)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (36)romantic (35)kid-friendly (34)fit for foodies (30)hot spot (25)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- Hidden Gem in MDR/VeniceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/21/2014I never knew C&O was there and had been to many places nearby. Its a great basic Italian place with wonderful garlic rolls. The staff is very attentive. Its a lively atmosphere but everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spot near Venice BeachwicklowMtnDined on 11/16/2014Cute decor and courtyard seating. Menue is good would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalAH1993Dined on 11/15/2014It was my second visit to the reaturant and they did not disappoint, we arrived early and they were able to seat us, service was excellent and the food was outstanding. I live an hour and a half away and I would definitely make the trip again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic knots are their specialtySfcrnVIPDined on 11/9/2014People love the endless garlic knots they bring to the table. The food was average and the wine was ok for the price. It is like a courtyard dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PimiDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated my mothers bday with the whole family and it was perfect. Food is delicious. Those little rolls are to die for lol will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitkatDined on 11/7/2014Excellent in every way. The food, spirit, service, garlic knots and prices. You just can't beat this restaurant for a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad when ambiance tops allLeapingLVIPDined on 11/6/2014nice outdoor or courtyard dining but that is where it ends. food was blah. Service was SLOW.
- Nice Outdoor DiningConsultcaDined on 10/25/2014I live in San Diego but eat at C&O every chance I get when I'm in the L.A. area. This time I had breakfast on a Saturday. The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experiencevenicelocalDined on 10/22/2014No waiting; service was excellent; prompt refills. Pasta and lasagna were good. Garlic balls were excellent and we were warned about eating too many. Highly recommended. I parked a block away w/o any problem.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Everything was great about the restaurant. Choice of menu was great. Dessert was delicious. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C and O TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Great food and good portions. It is a little bit pricey and I wish our waitress would come and refill our waters and bread more often.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Surprisingly good food and wonderful service. As people have said, the garlic knots were delicious and ever present. Fun, vibrant and great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love-Love-LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This is our favorite place to go! This is the best place for Italian food! Everything is delicious! I have been a regular customer here for over 12 years and have never been disappointed by the food or the service. The killer garlic roles are delicious! My mouth waters just thinking about them. I recommend the patio seating area. It's right on the beach so the weather is perfect year round. They have out-door heaters when it is cool in the evening. The portions are huge! The individual is enough for two people to split and the gargantuan can easily serve 3 or more. So bring your appetite and either share with family/friends or take food home for your next meal.Special Features:
- Loved it, loved it, loved it!AnninVanDined on 10/17/2014We loved it, loved it, loved it! We went to C&O Trattoria for dinner with family and friends - all of us visiting from out of town. Superb food, outstanding service, amazing location by the beach, and fun! The garlic rolls are to die for. Thank you to the restaurant and to the staff - a truly wonderful experience that made our weekend even more special than we could have imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMoneyDined on 10/17/2014Nice Little place on Venice Beach. Garlic Knots are addicting. Food quality was great. Server was extremely friendly and made great suggestions.Special Features:
- awesomeLtThraceDined on 10/5/2014Came for an anniversary and the place was great. It was busy, but added to the great atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious and the hostess was very friendly and welcoming. Our waitress was personable and energetic. Overall this place is great for any kind of event several guests were celebrating birthdays. Loved coming here and would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Average food for an average price. Got what I paid for. But the patio and good company to eat with made it a fun experience -- and a block away from the boardwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPacksDined on 10/3/2014Friday evening a bit loud but great food! Bread and butter a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Customer ServicediningwithcmDined on 9/27/2014Our bread basket was never empty, our glasses were always full, the manager acknowledged us at least 3 times while we were there, it was just great:) The food was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualLspOTDined on 9/24/2014Sat with a friend outside on the sidewalk on a beautiful evening. Kept us away from the large groups and kids, which was great. Always great garlic knots and large portions of food to take home for leftovers.Special Features:
- Al FrescoDutchTreatDinersDined on 9/24/2014We sat on the patio and it was just delightful! We had a great waiter and the food was great. When the music started playing the song That's Amore....everyone was singing and the servers where going table to table and clicking glasses with everyone. It was so festive...I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCherryC9Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, service was so nice. Our waiter made thoughtful suggestions. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a destination for meChrisVIPDined on 9/18/2014The only thing I don't like about C&O Trattoria is that it's so far from where I live! I always make sure to have dinner here when I'm in the area, and I aways make sure to bring people who haven't had the pleasure of this place. It's laid back, fun, friendly, and always worth the trip (from Omaha for me currently)! Every person group I bring here says they loved the food and the ambiance. I have family that remembers having our wedding reheasal dinner here 6 years ago as the best part of the week. The food is so good that everyone is amazed they can still finish it after the great appetizers and the amazing garlic bread knots (can't eat just one). And for being 1 block from the beach, this place is the greatest value in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Tasty food, consistent with all of the reviews I've seen. Two had Shrimp Pappardelle and it was great!Special Features:
- Fun & yummyYummy63Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great time taking my son out to dinner on a Saturday night. Both my son and my husband were happy with those amazing, yet dangerously fattening garlic knots, and their pasta and short rubs. My veal was delish too. To stuffed for dessert so my son took home a chocolate lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtotravelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent dinner for my special birthday. We live in Kansas and requested outside and was given outside seating. The best garlic rolls and meal was very good and service excellent as well. They were very busy and still made time to sing happy birthday. Very nice evening and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine place after a day at the beachNeighborVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went there for my daughter in law's birthday. We were seated outside. Menu is "basic" Italian food. It was good our server Kevin was great. Good personality and food came out as ordered and timely. My only complaint would be that we drank our wine out of small water glasses. Every restaurant should have basic wine glasses. Especially if you have wine on the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious food / annoying outdoorsFliedOutDined on 9/7/2014We loved the food. Everyone comes here for the garlic knots, which are phenomenal. All of our pasta dishes and salads were so tasty and on-par with any other notable Italian restaurant around. Unfortunately, I won't be making the long drive again. People say the ambiance on the patio is lovely, but there were tons of flies everywhere. Yes, it's outside and what can you really expect, but it's exhausting to constantly swipe flies away. It kills the ambiance and there's the germ-factor. The restaurant needs to handle the situation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Great pasta, fun ambiance! Enjoyed eating outside, but very crowded. Good selection of pasta and good prices.Special Features:
- Great Food, Large PortionsDDDavidDined on 9/6/2014We've been here many times before. It is a great place for a group or family dinner, as the portions are large, and the food is great. Impossible to resist warm garlic bread balls are brought to your table right away, and they keep them coming as much as you want. We personally love their bolognaise sauce, but everything they make seems very good. Also the veggie chopped salad goes great with any of the pasta dishes. Can get very noisy. Arrive at 6pm if you want it a bit quieter and less crowded -- but it will be much busier by the time you leave!Special Features:
- FabulousTripple3Dined on 9/6/2014No our first time dining at C&O, great food, great friendly customer service. Prices are great as well. We love the Italian Cantina atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Knots!!!!Jessika72VIPDined on 9/5/2014I love the garlic knots. The food is good, we split a gargantuan salad, drank honor system chianti and stuffed our faces with garlic knots (ok, not really, cause they cannot be good for you) and it was all very good as usual.Special Features:
- Great Location & Food/pOoR sErViCe!DJJKDined on 9/5/2014Such a disappointing experience..Been there years ago & Yes, Food = Awesome! But Service, Service, Service is Secondary if not 1st, SUCKED! Lots of servers, but lacking service. Also sitting outside, too many "flies", not good....Google it! They need to fix that!Special Features:
- AmazingjkashDined on 8/29/2014Had an amazing first time experience and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- dinnerbreezyDined on 8/29/2014fun, relaxing and nice food. good atmosphere. it's LASpecial Features:
- Would not come back to this placeSeaand14sunDined on 8/24/2014Outdoor patio was very cheap looking ! There was no space for my group of five and I to sit comfortably. Cheap plastic chairs horrible scenery. Service was ok . I was very unhappy that I was charged for bringing cupcakes that I made for my friend's birthday what ??!!! Parking was terrible I paid almost $20 for it . You should have valet parking.Special Features:
- Needed: 12-Step Program for RollsjeffmeistermusicVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food here is good, the service is excellent, but the hot, buttered garlic rolls they constantly distribute if your basket looks even a tad spare, are the real stars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently EnjoyableConsultcaDined on 8/23/2014I live in San Diego. Whenever I'm close to C&O or can modify a trip to be close, I visit the restaurant. Over say 20 years I've been eaten there perhaps 30 times. During that time I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of the meals have been excellent. The menu has enough variety, Italian of course, for everyone. The portions are large; a smaller eater is getting a meal now and one later. I'm a big eater and I'm always satisfied. The garlic rolls add a fabulous touch to the meals. Eating outside really takes advantage of Southern California's weather. Combining C&O with a weekend morning walk on the beach (1/2 block away) is nice. An evening meal timed to allow a walk on the beach and an ocean sunset is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking is a Killjoy!KmberlyNLADined on 8/16/2014Enjoyable place to dine if you can find a parking sapce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteTamiDined on 8/14/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday....our waitress, Taylor made out night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.