31 Washington Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 3108239491x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 1:45pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Mateo Hernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please go to www.cotrattoria.com to review our catering menu and our in-house family style party packages for groups of 15 or more.
You may also contact our catering manager at:
- Entertainment: Nightly Sing Alongs
A word from C&O Trattoria
Great Regional Italian food, warm, friendly service, gargantuan portions, and unbelievably low prices make C&O a favorite of locals and first time visitors alike! C&O Trattoria was voted Best Italian Restaurant in the LA West Side by an Argonaut voters pole and best place for a first date by AOL City Search.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
C&O Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Marina del Rey ›
C&O Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (105)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (52)kid-friendly (45)romantic (44)great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (29)great for brunch (21)late-night find (15)scenic view (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Awesome Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Our bread basket was never empty, our glasses were always full, the manager acknowledged us at least 3 times while we were there, it was just great:) The food was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualLspOTDined on 9/24/2014Sat with a friend outside on the sidewalk on a beautiful evening. Kept us away from the large groups and kids, which was great. Always great garlic knots and large portions of food to take home for leftovers.Special Features:
- Al FrescoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We sat on the patio and it was just delightful! We had a great waiter and the food was great. When the music started playing the song That's Amore....everyone was singing and the servers where going table to table and clicking glasses with everyone. It was so festive...I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCherryC9Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, service was so nice. Our waiter made thoughtful suggestions. Just a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a destination for meChrisVIPDined on 9/18/2014The only thing I don't like about C&O Trattoria is that it's so far from where I live! I always make sure to have dinner here when I'm in the area, and I aways make sure to bring people who haven't had the pleasure of this place. It's laid back, fun, friendly, and always worth the trip (from Omaha for me currently)! Every person group I bring here says they loved the food and the ambiance. I have family that remembers having our wedding reheasal dinner here 6 years ago as the best part of the week. The food is so good that everyone is amazed they can still finish it after the great appetizers and the amazing garlic bread knots (can't eat just one). And for being 1 block from the beach, this place is the greatest value in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Tasty food, consistent with all of the reviews I've seen. Two had Shrimp Pappardelle and it was great!Special Features:
- Fun & yummyYummy63Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great time taking my son out to dinner on a Saturday night. Both my son and my husband were happy with those amazing, yet dangerously fattening garlic knots, and their pasta and short rubs. My veal was delish too. To stuffed for dessert so my son took home a chocolate lava cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtotravelVIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent dinner for my special birthday. We live in Kansas and requested outside and was given outside seating. The best garlic rolls and meal was very good and service excellent as well. They were very busy and still made time to sing happy birthday. Very nice evening and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine place after a day at the beachNeighborDined on 9/7/2014Went there for my daughter in law's birthday. We were seated outside. Menu is "basic" Italian food. It was good our server Kevin was great. Good personality and food came out as ordered and timely. My only complaint would be that we drank our wine out of small water glasses. Every restaurant should have basic wine glasses. Especially if you have wine on the menu.Special Features:
- Delicious food / annoying outdoorsFliedOutDined on 9/7/2014We loved the food. Everyone comes here for the garlic knots, which are phenomenal. All of our pasta dishes and salads were so tasty and on-par with any other notable Italian restaurant around. Unfortunately, I won't be making the long drive again. People say the ambiance on the patio is lovely, but there were tons of flies everywhere. Yes, it's outside and what can you really expect, but it's exhausting to constantly swipe flies away. It kills the ambiance and there's the germ-factor. The restaurant needs to handle the situation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Great pasta, fun ambiance! Enjoyed eating outside, but very crowded. Good selection of pasta and good prices.Special Features:
- Great Food, Large PortionsDDDavidDined on 9/6/2014We've been here many times before. It is a great place for a group or family dinner, as the portions are large, and the food is great. Impossible to resist warm garlic bread balls are brought to your table right away, and they keep them coming as much as you want. We personally love their bolognaise sauce, but everything they make seems very good. Also the veggie chopped salad goes great with any of the pasta dishes. Can get very noisy. Arrive at 6pm if you want it a bit quieter and less crowded -- but it will be much busier by the time you leave!Special Features:
- FabulousTripple3Dined on 9/6/2014No our first time dining at C&O, great food, great friendly customer service. Prices are great as well. We love the Italian Cantina atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic Knots!!!!Jessika72VIPDined on 9/5/2014I love the garlic knots. The food is good, we split a gargantuan salad, drank honor system chianti and stuffed our faces with garlic knots (ok, not really, cause they cannot be good for you) and it was all very good as usual.Special Features:
- Great Location & Food/pOoR sErViCe!DJJKDined on 9/5/2014Such a disappointing experience..Been there years ago & Yes, Food = Awesome! But Service, Service, Service is Secondary if not 1st, SUCKED! Lots of servers, but lacking service. Also sitting outside, too many "flies", not good....Google it! They need to fix that!Special Features:
- AmazingjkashDined on 8/29/2014Had an amazing first time experience and can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- dinnerbreezyDined on 8/29/2014fun, relaxing and nice food. good atmosphere. it's LASpecial Features:
- Would not come back to this placeSeaand14sunDined on 8/24/2014Outdoor patio was very cheap looking ! There was no space for my group of five and I to sit comfortably. Cheap plastic chairs horrible scenery. Service was ok . I was very unhappy that I was charged for bringing cupcakes that I made for my friend's birthday what ??!!! Parking was terrible I paid almost $20 for it . You should have valet parking.Special Features:
- Needed: 12-Step Program for RollsjeffmeistermusicVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food here is good, the service is excellent, but the hot, buttered garlic rolls they constantly distribute if your basket looks even a tad spare, are the real stars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently EnjoyableConsultcaDined on 8/23/2014I live in San Diego. Whenever I'm close to C&O or can modify a trip to be close, I visit the restaurant. Over say 20 years I've been eaten there perhaps 30 times. During that time I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of the meals have been excellent. The menu has enough variety, Italian of course, for everyone. The portions are large; a smaller eater is getting a meal now and one later. I'm a big eater and I'm always satisfied. The garlic rolls add a fabulous touch to the meals. Eating outside really takes advantage of Southern California's weather. Combining C&O with a weekend morning walk on the beach (1/2 block away) is nice. An evening meal timed to allow a walk on the beach and an ocean sunset is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking is a Killjoy!KmberlyNLADined on 8/16/2014Enjoyable place to dine if you can find a parking sapce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteTamiDined on 8/14/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday....our waitress, Taylor made out night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved C & O'sBigEaterDined on 8/14/2014Great food, amazing service, absolutely loved it! Our waiter made the made a great experience for all of us and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a great dinner here. The ambience is lovely, the food is delicious and the staff was wonderful. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They went that bit extraHarkinelliDined on 8/9/2014I had visited this restaurant 13 years ago, it was superb then. Came back to LA for my 25th wedding anniversary with my wife. When booking the table I made a note of this to the restaurant. Not expecting anything, we arrived and they had decorated the table cloth with " happy 25th wedding anniversary, welcome back" a really nice touch. The staff were excellent and the food was beautiful, and plentiful. Not forgetting the free Garlic rolls.....as good as I remembered....be careful not to have too many!!!Special Features:
- A great nighteatemupDined on 8/8/2014A wonderful positive dining experience, great food, excellent service. We had a booking but were early and we were taken to a great table early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared to eat when you come.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We had another terrific meal at C&O. The food is fresh, delicious, and plentiful with reasonable prices across the menu. the atmosphere is cozy when not crowded, vibrant when it is, but still keeps its charm. As for the food, the Italian chopped vegetable salad was perfectly dressed and filled with veggies, not just greens. Plus, three of us were able to share it as a first course. The garlic knots are scrumptious and were continuously served throughout our meal (I defy you to eat just one!). Our pasta dishes were cooked perfectly and the service was friendly and attentive, yet not intrusive.Special Features:
- host rudeRichguyDined on 8/6/2014Host rude to my large party before seating us. Had to call the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a reunion dinner!ZizzDined on 8/3/2014Recently a college buddy was visiting Venice with wife & kids, and a bunch of us got together to dine and meet. We had a reservation but were 20 minutes late on a busy Sunday at 7pm, yet C&O seated us promptly -- even giving us choice of indoor or outdoor. Great food and service. The family peeled off after dinner leaving 5 of us to continue reminiscing & drinking wine. We stayed 'til closing and they never rushed us out. My only complaint was the music was loud. Next visit I'll make sure I'm not underneath a speaker. We had the sense that C&O realized our occasion was a special event and they actually provided a perfect venue for us to come together and celebrate and eat and laugh, etc. So, "Many thanks", C&O! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of flies but good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014The food & service were great and the prices really reasonable for large portions (left-overs w pasta even though we didn't upgrade to "gargantuan" size anything except calamari). The problem was the flies. Annoying, creepy, relentless. Not sure what can be done about them, but our party of five spent all of our spare time wafting the flies away from the food & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!stormeewxDined on 8/1/2014There was a bit of a mixup regarding our reservation, but we were accommodated immediately by the hostess, who apologized. The food and service was amazing. Best italian restaurant I've ever been to. Would recommend to anyone living in or visiting the Venice Beach area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat placeIdocDined on 8/1/2014Cool location, cool little restaurant. Garlic bites they continually serve were awesome. Service was great. But the rest of the food, at least what my party had, was average.
- great customer attentionyummyfoodieVIPDined on 7/29/2014love the blonde gal who served us yesterday. so attentive and thoughtful. my only wish is that they get a fly-zapper, as seating is only outdoors. love the bread roll knots with olive dressing. and they keep 'em comin!
- Great food. But....ClassydinerDined on 7/25/2014I could certainly have done without the Frank Sinatra in the background and the tables rather packed too close. I had the wait staff's butt in my face a number of times. But the house wine and the eggplant Parmesan was simply fabulous.Special Features:
- A must for good ItalianConstantine94Dined on 7/25/2014Amazing garlic knots! They don't skimp on portion size. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere is cozy and casual. One if the best places I've eaten at since moving to LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Garlic Bread Ever!longlivelifeDined on 7/21/2014Took all our kids for the second time and they couldn't stop eating the garlic bread. We ordered the gargantuan size pasta bowls and there was left overs. We don't live close by, but whenever we are in the area, this is where we go. We went before dropping of our daughter to the airport and two weeks later when she got back because we didn't want to deal with traffic. So, twice in one month is the most we ever went to C&O. Don't know when we will be back, but we will be back!Special Features:
- Regular with angstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We love this restaurant but our last experience was not good. We did not feel valued. We made a reservation for a party of seven at 4:00 p.m. and were placed in a corner. Ten minutes later another large party was seated next to ours. They were loud, using profanity and we were very uncomfortable with our young children(7 and 5) hearing the content of their stories. My husband noticed the restaurant was not crowded and there were empty seats, however we did not see much of our server. My husband had to get up several times to ask for water or rolls. We have been coming to this restaurants for 20 years and this was one of the worst times we have had. We were celebrating a birthday and this was the the honorees restaurant of choice :(
- Wonderful ExperienceOneHappyMamaDined on 7/17/2014This is our daughter's favorite restaurant, so where else to celebrate her birthday. The food was fantastic. The service is always fantastic. And their chocolate lava cake is a great way to end the evening. BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMorganAshleyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great food, large portions and an awesome location. My friend had a hair in her food and they prepared it again for us but didn't take it off the bill which was shocking. I had about 3 bites left and found a hair in my food too but I didn't say anything, just stopped eating and asked for the bill. The food was good (until i found the hair) prices are reasonable. I might give it another try since my best friend LOVES this place otherwise I probably wouldn't be back.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The hostess was smiling when we walked up & our reservation was ready on time. As soon as we sat down & our waiter said hello & the manager set flowers on the table & said happy first anniversary. The food was delicious & they made us feel special. It was an awesome dining experience. We strongly recommend that you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.