601 Broadway E
Seattle, WA 98102Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.byzantionrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (206) 325-7580
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4 to 10 pm; Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Sotiri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Byzantion
Established in 1982, Byzantion is Capitol Hill's best and oldest Greek restaurant. We are known for our Wild Salmon, Roast Lamb, Spanakopita, Galaktoboureko, Calamari, Ouzo, and 7-star Mataxa. We offer a large and distinctive selection of wines to choose from in a romantic, candlelit atmosphere. We accommodate both intimate dining for two, and entertain large dinner groups. We are popular for parties. Check website for details. Book your next dining experience at Byzantion!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Byzantion reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (1)Show More
- Romantic o private momentsybaritaDined on 9/27/2014Special romantic and private place, I recomend this place for anniversaries or special dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Byzantion reviews archive.
- Greek done rightNYCdinnerloverDined on 7/19/2014I eat Greek food almost daily in New York, so I am always pleased to find a spot outside the city (in this case, Seattle!) that gets the home cooking that defines Greek food. The wines are pretty good, and the service friendly and accommodating. Nice spot ... I would eat there once a week if I lived in Capital Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a bad night?GoodfoodrocksDined on 5/31/2014Had been here a couple of times before and food and service were both really good; however, this time wasn't the case. Greeter/ server was almost rude and inatentive. Menu items were not available. Appetizer sampler looked disgusting and didn't taste much better. Entries were over cooked. New staff? New cook? Sad thing is we took some out of town guests and had raved about how good it had been before.
- WonderousBirdDined on 4/26/2014so many good dishs hard to decide! We loved it and were happy with the waitress and ambiance and will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service here was abysmal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The service here was abysmal. They said they could accommodate a large group, but that was not the case. They broke up our dinner for 12 by breaking up the table's orders. The food for half of the table came out 20 minutes earlier than the rest of the table, so half of us ate while the other half drooled over the other half's food. Additionally, I had to chase the waitress down to get a glass of water. I'm not sure why this restaurant was rated so highly. The food was decent, but the service was enough to make me never want to come back. This was my birthday dinner, it would have been nice to actually eat with my guests! *If you have any type of food allergy DO NOT COME HERE! They will not make any accommodations for your diet.
- Will definitely go againDebkrisDined on 2/8/2014I was visiting Seattle for the NW Garden Show and my son who lives in Bellingham was driving to see me for dinner. He loves Greek food as did the friend I was traveling with and after reading the reviews we decided to make reservations. We were not disappointed and all of us (4) enjoyed our meals and the old world family style in which the food was prepared and served. I would most certainly dine here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 1/2/2014I was so is appointed in the quality of our food. My frirnd's moussaka wax burned and the avolemeno soup tasted like it was out of a can!
- Good Food, OK service this timeseldomseenVIPDined on 12/13/2013This is the second time we've eaten at the Byzantion. We are looking for a new favorite Greek place after Panos Kleftiko closed (we loved that place!). The Byzantion is not quite up to Kleftiko standards, the menu is more conventionally American Greek food rather than Greek Greek food, but what they do have is very good. The first time we ate there, the service was great. This last time, the service was okay. We had a part of 4 who wanted to visit, and the server kept interrupting us to ask if we were ready to order with very little time between interruptions. Also, the server poured the into offering a sample prior to pouring, and also poured the complete bottle on the first pour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy Greek food with poor serviceMichaelVIPDined on 11/30/2013We dined on a Sunday night so the cook and waitress may not have been their best but the food was greasy and service poor. Lamb kebab was made from grissely tough meat that was inedible. I am surprised this restaurant is still in business.
- Only ones there....meh foodenjoyableVIPDined on 11/11/2013We were the only ones there and the service was fine but the food was bland across the board.
- Byzantion has some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Byzantion has some of the best Greek/Mediterranean food I've tried in Seattle, all for a fairly reasonable price. It's also surprisingly uncrowded for a restaurant in Cap Hill. You can probably get a table right away if you walk in on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- I hadn't dined there in probablyQwkslvrcatDined on 3/8/2013I hadn't dined there in probably close to a decade. I found the food was great, the service was terrific (had been very poor in past, a reason quit going). The waiter was knowledgeable, very helpful and accomodating. We all agreed we definitely need to dine there again soon! The portions was good sized, the prices very reasonable. The best dolmathes I have had in quite a while.Special Features:
- Soup was excellent. GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Soup was excellent. Greek Potatoes were excellent. Moussaka in a dish was something I had never seen. It had a different taste to Moussaka that I have eaten in other Greek Restaurants. Service was friendly, knowledgeable and quick.Special Features:
- Small mom-and-pop Greek restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Small mom-and-pop Greek restaurant. And, it shows. Dish serving is rightly-sized for one or two people, and the wait is no nuisance at all, considering the food tastes home made. Give it a try! It goes without saying that this establishment already enjoys some positive rep as it was a capacity the night my wife and I went.Special Features:
- Byzantion was amazing, I tookOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Byzantion was amazing, I took my long time girlfriend there on valentines day to try something different and everything was spectacularSpecial Features:
- It was great! We want forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was great! We want for Valentine's Day and we had a great time and we both thought the food was AMAZING!Special Features: