102 E State St.
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.byrsabistro.com/
- Phone: 6104443277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days/week 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact Ahmed at 610-523-3424.
A word from Byrsa Bistro
Welcome to Byrsa Bistro, House of Gourmet And Western Mediterranean Cuisine. Byrsa Bistro embodies a unique juxtaposition of rural Chester County charm with that of a warm, welcoming and intimate European bistro. The menu features authentic culinary delicacies of western Mediterranean nations like Morocco, Spain, France, Malta and Tunisia. There are vegetarian and gluten-free options as well as a variety of menu selections for all palates and preferences. Specialties include Vegetarian Byrsa, Crispy Skin Duck Breast and zesty Seafood Paella. Byrsa Bistro: fine dining in an upscale yet rustically casual atmosphere. We are BYOB and open 7 days a week!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Byrsa Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kennett Square ›
Byrsa Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (27)romantic (26)great for lunch (14)good for groups (10)great for brunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- StaceystaceyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Meal was amazing, great atmosphere and will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Terry and RussOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dining experience! The food and service were top notch. We are from New York and were pleasantly surprised with the NYC restaurant feel in a small quaint town.Special Features:
- Great find!BMT1Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I are both foodies and enjoy finding new and eclectic restaurants. This definitely fit the bill! It had a wide variety of well crafted dishes with great flavor. The staff were friendly and the owner was very personable. I would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ??????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The 6 of us had a very nice meal and the service was great. we had fun going to the Mystery Event and then going to an 8 o'clock dinner right in Kennett. we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Atmosphere!!!!IssamDined on 7/31/2014Last minute decision to go for lunch and we choose Byrsa Bistro. I was not disappointed. Food , service and atmosphere was perfect as always. I will definitely be back every time i get the chance to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 7/30/2014We ate at a sidewalk table on a nice evening, and, except for the odd motorcycle or truck noise, had a pleasant evening. The food and service were great. Byrsa offers a great variety of Mediterranean dishes, so of which are difficult to find elsewhere in Chester County.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicenogarlicDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at Byrsa Bistro. I have a food allergy and they were very accommodating to it. They had quite a few dishes that I was able to order or they would adjust. We both had a delicious, interesting meal. We would definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alternative Choice!ExperiencedEaterDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant has marvelous food - great quality, fantastic presentation, very tasty - served fresh and hot! Some may find the menu choices limited (i.e. this is not a '"steak and baked potato" place), and the accommodations a bit snug, but it is a terrific alternative to "routine" restaurants. Peruse the menu on line before dining so you can bring along your favorite suitable adult libation (no bar service) and enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- cozylovefoodDined on 7/25/2014everything were good need few more dishes ??? dessert?? love to introduce this place to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!Chardinay91Dined on 7/19/2014This was our 4th visit and the food was amazing as always. The owner is wonderful too. He speaks to everyone in a caring way. The staff try very hard to accommodate any changed to the menu. I highly recommend Byrsa Bistro!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood stewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Extremely tasty, the only improvement would be a small bowl to deposit the moule otherwise it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FELT LIKE HONORED GUESTSMissyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was the first time we had been to the restaurant. The owner and servers made us feel as if we were special guests in their own home. The food was very good, a little pricey, but since it is a BYOB, we saved on the wine. The place is small. I was say at least on a Saturday night reservations are a must. Every table seemed to be reserved. That speaks for itself.Special Features:
- DelightfulCallieDined on 7/18/2014Delicious food & good service. Menu is Mediterranean with a Tunisian Twist - something different & creative! The owner often greets us & takes time to talk with each patron- very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how amazing this place is!lisa108Dined on 7/18/2014We revisited brysa bistro after having not been there in over a year. The service and food were wonderful. As a vegan foodie, it is nice to have accommodating and superior chefs in te area. My husband also loved his seafood paella. Ahmed, the owner, has a warmth and personal touch that makes oen feel like part of the immediate family. Will put back in the monthly mix.Special Features:
- Great byob.KidfreeDined on 7/15/2014We had such a nice meal. The food was great! The fig, duck and blue cheese flat bread and the scallop entree were some of the top choices. The service was very good, we were not rushed at all. The brick walls and the old world charm were lovely. A great find.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!lovebyobsDined on 7/12/2014Cannot say enough great things about this wonderful restaurant! We were warmly greeted by the owner when we arrived and promptly seated. The server immediately greeted us, opened our white wine and brought a beautiful silver ice bucket. The food is incredible, a great mix of flavors from the appetizers (duck and fig flatbread, spicy carrot and goat cheese spread) to the entrees (lamb shank, scallops with corn risotto) to dessert (wonderful homemade baklavah). Service was impeccable as well. This will be a regular stop for us, without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food Again!7seasdinerDined on 7/12/2014After dining at Byrsa for winter, we were excited to try the summer menu. All was wonderful- fabulous choice of salads! Try the fig and duck flatbread, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Moroccan gem in Kennett SquaredlmsDined on 7/5/2014The only Middle Eastern restaurant in the area, Byrsa has a quaint interior, very friendly proficient staff, and good Mediterranean cuisine which would be better if it had more concentrated flavours. It can be a bit bland. The vegetarian melange is very good, chicken is passable (why with potatoes instead of couscous or rice?), and the salmon well cooked although not sauced. Be sure to save room for desert. Unlike most restaurants in the area, Byrsa has great deserts, Bakalava the best of all. Byob.Special Features:
- charmingbarbieDined on 7/1/2014because I love the fish that they serve here, it was absolutely wonderful. perfectly cooked and a pleasure to eat. the staff was the best. they prepared everything as we asked and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this experience.Special Features:
- foodie fanaticsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2014this restaurant was such a pleasant find. do note, it is byob and the food deserves a wine complement. the 1/2 salad portions were large and perfect for a first course. the dressings and presentation superb. paella and scallops marvelous and the mushroom soup is not to be missed. would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our experience was exceptional. We were greeted warmly, seated immediately and fussed over by several employees throughout our meal. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Just a great eveninggreat4usDined on 6/21/2014Lucked into a table and were not disappointed. As always the salads were made with only the freshest ingredients and delicious. The main course was special as well, the paella was presented with mussels crammed in so tightly I don't know how they did it. Paella is a signature dish and only gets better. The lamb special paired with rice lentils and peas was such a great combination. Add to that roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower and it made for the perfect meal. The consistency of this bistro is what keeps us coming back...always the freshest and always beautifully executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of TagineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014The chicken tagine was a good meal with excellent ingredients, but it did not catch the seasoned, dried fruit snap that comes with a true Moroccan tagine. Perhaps you are avoiding the sweet lightness that we found throughout Morocco. The dish I had tasted American. I was looking forward to the spices and dried fruit melting the vegetables into the chicken. The flatbread appetizer was wonderful and got that sweetness I was looking forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kennett dining excellenceMemlouiseVIPDined on 6/18/2014There's a reason diners love this bistro. This is Mediterranean fare at its finest - with subtle, well-balanced flavors, good portions, attentive service, all in an atmosphere comfortably suggestive of the cuisine itself. It's worth going out of your way to try this hot spot on Kennett's main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marywilcoDined on 6/12/2014I love Byrsa Bistro... each dish has a unique flavor and is of the highest quality... it is truly a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranea of KennettML4oodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Must have mushroom soup! Whether you get a salad, sandwich, omelet or lamb, you will not be disappointed! Nice presentation and delicious ingredients. Plus it's a BYOB, which is great for dinners or special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerMicheleDined on 6/6/2014We went with another couple for dinner. None of us had been to Byrsa Bistro before. The menu had lots of intriguing items on it, and everything we tried was very good. They did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteBeckyDined on 6/6/2014We have never had a bad meal, we enjoy both the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAJShepherdDined on 5/31/2014Food was fantastic, servers were attentive and it has a lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- NovarollDined on 5/30/2014Wait was a little long on the second visit. But, the food is worth the wait. Excellent.Special Features:
- JSD1Dined on 5/24/2014Nice addition to the Kennett Square dining scene with an ethnic menu .Special Features:
- ExcellentGrovepDined on 5/24/2014We brought out of town guests to Byrsa Bistro and they were very impressed. The service was efficient and friendly and the food excellent and well presented. My guests were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with friendsStephanieDined on 5/18/2014We met friends from Delaware and brought our cousins from Germany. We all agreed that the daily special, lamb chops, was the best choice, but we had several of the regular menu items as well, and all were delicious. The mushroom soup is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!GussyDined on 5/17/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Byrsa. The owner personally checked in with us several times and the food was fantastic. Definitely try the corn risotto if available! Pleasant, relaxing evening.Special Features:
- InconsistentTooBlueVIPDined on 5/15/2014Tried several dishes. Sampler had great olives and fresh pita bread, humus was bland and stuffed grape leaves tasteless. Mushroom soup was very nice. Salad was very lightly dressed and the Paella was not authentic but interesting, some of the food was mushy. Prices too high for this level of quality and inconsistency.
- UniqueRiverblues63Dined on 5/15/2014A cozy atmosphere. The raisin bread and type of cornbread were just perfect. We had the mushroom flat bread for an appie-very good. I had the grilled lamb chops with a delicious lentil risotto. My husband had the grilled Branzino-yum! The prices were reasonable and the food was unique. We enjoyed it and recommend it. We used open table for the first time here. Glad we did because it filled right up on a Thursday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food HeavenIssamDined on 5/11/2014This place was great and perfect to celebrate Mother's day. Took my two little ones and i couldn't be happier with the Staff and the ambiance. The owner very nice and welcoming. The food was out of heaven, Tasty and appetizing. The owner went beyond the menu and made special Pizza for my little Kid. We didn't want to leave. I will definitely go back and recommend to all the people i know. Thank you and Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Dinnerluv2dineVIPDined on 5/11/2014Excellent time with the family for dinner on Mothers Day. Food was excellent and this is a BYOB place. I am always a fan of BYOB because the food is just so much better. The only downfall would be that the space is tight so if you have kids it is hard to manuver around. This is not the fault of the restaurant at all. In fact all the servers and even the restaurant owner were extremely friendly, accomodating, and very nice. We got a personal greeting from the owner of the restaurant. This is definitely a place we will come back to again. Our area has very limited Mediterranean/Middle Eastern (Moroccan) restaurants so this is a huge plus.Special Features:
- Mother's Day LunchBankDined on 5/11/2014This is a really, really good restaurant. First time we've tried the lunch menu. All five entries were excellent. Special kudos to the french toast with nutella and the eggs benedict. In a town (Kennett) with a number of fine restaurants, this is the best.Special Features:
- esschVIPDined on 5/10/2014Disapointed in the Paella-a new dish--not very authentic-I would expect more from this chef. The vegetarian dish was pretty bland. Appatizers a bit expensive but good. Great olives!