102 E State St.
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.byrsabistro.com/
- Phone: 6104443277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days/week 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact Ahmed at 610-523-3424.
A word from Byrsa Bistro
Welcome to Byrsa Bistro, House of Gourmet And Western Mediterranean Cuisine. Byrsa Bistro embodies a unique juxtaposition of rural Chester County charm with that of a warm, welcoming and intimate European bistro. The menu features authentic culinary delicacies of western Mediterranean nations like Morocco, Spain, France, Malta and Tunisia. There are vegetarian and gluten-free options as well as a variety of menu selections for all palates and preferences. Specialties include Vegetarian Byrsa, Crispy Skin Duck Breast and zesty Seafood Paella. Byrsa Bistro: fine dining in an upscale yet rustically casual atmosphere. We are BYOB and open 7 days a week!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Byrsa Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kennett Square ›
Byrsa Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (42)romantic (23)special occasion (18)great for lunch (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- JSD1Dined on 9/19/2014Very friendly owner and staff. Good food,service and decor.has been a great addition to Kennett Square dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014Beautiful Presentation, great value, fabulous tastes.Special Features:
- loved it!marzia74Dined on 9/13/2014Byrsa was a great surprise. My husband and I loved it! The food was exellent and the restaurant was very cute. We had the paella and bronzino. Both very good. We will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYO find!ldrifVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had such a great time and tried a little of everything, from the spiced carrot dip and grape leaves to the cyprus salad, which were all amazing. We then shared the chicken tagine and paella, both of which were incredibly moist and flavorful. They were out of baklava, which was our only disappointment. Everything else was top notch--prices are reasonable, service was friendly, lights are dim, and there is an upbeat, happy vibe to this place. We brought a few bottles of wine to share (there was no corkage fee!) and had a great time. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Dinner was very good. A few of my party got yjr beet salad. The describition was that the beets were roasted. THey were not. You could see the impressions of a can on the beetas that were served. When we asked the waitress she relpied that they were roasted!Special Features:
- Favorite Local Med RestaurantPappyDaveDined on 9/7/2014Food as always was fantastic. We took another couple here for the first time and they raved about the food, ambiance and service. The Crispy Duck is my favorite however one in out group got the Paella and they said it was the best they have ever had. We keep coming back and it is a BYOB .... no corkage!!!Special Features:
- great place in Kennett SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Good food from the Med. Located in the middle of town. Quiet corner for talking and enjoying the group. Would recommend it to couples or small groups.Special Features:
- once again superbWDT1953VIPDined on 8/30/2014one new item on the menu, and the summer menu was already complete. we have eaten here about 15 times since they have opened, every course of every meal has been superb. The attention to detail is obvious. This is clearly the best restaurant in the area, regardless of price.Special Features:
- Good placeQueueDined on 8/30/2014At most restaurants, appetizers are better than the mains; not at Byrsa Bistro. My friend and I had the Mediterranean Sampler appetizer which was just ok. Neither the baba ganoush nor the hummus were very flavorful, although the pita bread was very good. With the bread they served a mostly flavor-free vegetable "pate". The Lamb Shank with Giant White Beans was very tasty, a very autumn type of dish (on the Summer menu). The scallop risotto was excellent. The baklava was OK, and not too sweet. I like that it was BYOB, and that our server asked if we were ready for the main course rather than just bringing it out before we finished the Sampler . Service was friendly but could have been more present after the main course was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mediterranean Find...CowboyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Quaint place on State St in Kennett Square. Charming, great service and a nice change of pace for a night of dining out.Special Features:
- StaceystaceyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Meal was amazing, great atmosphere and will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Terry and RusstandrnycDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dining experience! The food and service were top notch. We are from New York and were pleasantly surprised with the NYC restaurant feel in a small quaint town.Special Features:
- Great find!BMT1Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I are both foodies and enjoy finding new and eclectic restaurants. This definitely fit the bill! It had a wide variety of well crafted dishes with great flavor. The staff were friendly and the owner was very personable. I would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ??????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The 6 of us had a very nice meal and the service was great. we had fun going to the Mystery Event and then going to an 8 o'clock dinner right in Kennett. we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Atmosphere!!!!IssamDined on 7/31/2014Last minute decision to go for lunch and we choose Byrsa Bistro. I was not disappointed. Food , service and atmosphere was perfect as always. I will definitely be back every time i get the chance to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 7/30/2014We ate at a sidewalk table on a nice evening, and, except for the odd motorcycle or truck noise, had a pleasant evening. The food and service were great. Byrsa offers a great variety of Mediterranean dishes, so of which are difficult to find elsewhere in Chester County.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicenogarlicDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at Byrsa Bistro. I have a food allergy and they were very accommodating to it. They had quite a few dishes that I was able to order or they would adjust. We both had a delicious, interesting meal. We would definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Alternative Choice!ExperiencedEaterDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant has marvelous food - great quality, fantastic presentation, very tasty - served fresh and hot! Some may find the menu choices limited (i.e. this is not a '"steak and baked potato" place), and the accommodations a bit snug, but it is a terrific alternative to "routine" restaurants. Peruse the menu on line before dining so you can bring along your favorite suitable adult libation (no bar service) and enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- cozylovefoodDined on 7/25/2014everything were good need few more dishes ??? dessert?? love to introduce this place to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!Chardinay91Dined on 7/19/2014This was our 4th visit and the food was amazing as always. The owner is wonderful too. He speaks to everyone in a caring way. The staff try very hard to accommodate any changed to the menu. I highly recommend Byrsa Bistro!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood stewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Extremely tasty, the only improvement would be a small bowl to deposit the moule otherwise it is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FELT LIKE HONORED GUESTSMissyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was the first time we had been to the restaurant. The owner and servers made us feel as if we were special guests in their own home. The food was very good, a little pricey, but since it is a BYOB, we saved on the wine. The place is small. I was say at least on a Saturday night reservations are a must. Every table seemed to be reserved. That speaks for itself.Special Features:
- DelightfulCallieDined on 7/18/2014Delicious food & good service. Menu is Mediterranean with a Tunisian Twist - something different & creative! The owner often greets us & takes time to talk with each patron- very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how amazing this place is!lisa108Dined on 7/18/2014We revisited brysa bistro after having not been there in over a year. The service and food were wonderful. As a vegan foodie, it is nice to have accommodating and superior chefs in te area. My husband also loved his seafood paella. Ahmed, the owner, has a warmth and personal touch that makes oen feel like part of the immediate family. Will put back in the monthly mix.Special Features:
- Great byob.KidfreeDined on 7/15/2014We had such a nice meal. The food was great! The fig, duck and blue cheese flat bread and the scallop entree were some of the top choices. The service was very good, we were not rushed at all. The brick walls and the old world charm were lovely. A great find.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!!lovebyobsDined on 7/12/2014Cannot say enough great things about this wonderful restaurant! We were warmly greeted by the owner when we arrived and promptly seated. The server immediately greeted us, opened our white wine and brought a beautiful silver ice bucket. The food is incredible, a great mix of flavors from the appetizers (duck and fig flatbread, spicy carrot and goat cheese spread) to the entrees (lamb shank, scallops with corn risotto) to dessert (wonderful homemade baklavah). Service was impeccable as well. This will be a regular stop for us, without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food Again!7seasdinerDined on 7/12/2014After dining at Byrsa for winter, we were excited to try the summer menu. All was wonderful- fabulous choice of salads! Try the fig and duck flatbread, you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Moroccan gem in Kennett SquaredlmsDined on 7/5/2014The only Middle Eastern restaurant in the area, Byrsa has a quaint interior, very friendly proficient staff, and good Mediterranean cuisine which would be better if it had more concentrated flavours. It can be a bit bland. The vegetarian melange is very good, chicken is passable (why with potatoes instead of couscous or rice?), and the salmon well cooked although not sauced. Be sure to save room for desert. Unlike most restaurants in the area, Byrsa has great deserts, Bakalava the best of all. Byob.Special Features:
- charmingbarbieDined on 7/1/2014because I love the fish that they serve here, it was absolutely wonderful. perfectly cooked and a pleasure to eat. the staff was the best. they prepared everything as we asked and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this experience.Special Features:
- foodie fanaticsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2014this restaurant was such a pleasant find. do note, it is byob and the food deserves a wine complement. the 1/2 salad portions were large and perfect for a first course. the dressings and presentation superb. paella and scallops marvelous and the mushroom soup is not to be missed. would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our experience was exceptional. We were greeted warmly, seated immediately and fussed over by several employees throughout our meal. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Just a great eveninggreat4usDined on 6/21/2014Lucked into a table and were not disappointed. As always the salads were made with only the freshest ingredients and delicious. The main course was special as well, the paella was presented with mussels crammed in so tightly I don't know how they did it. Paella is a signature dish and only gets better. The lamb special paired with rice lentils and peas was such a great combination. Add to that roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower and it made for the perfect meal. The consistency of this bistro is what keeps us coming back...always the freshest and always beautifully executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of TagineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014The chicken tagine was a good meal with excellent ingredients, but it did not catch the seasoned, dried fruit snap that comes with a true Moroccan tagine. Perhaps you are avoiding the sweet lightness that we found throughout Morocco. The dish I had tasted American. I was looking forward to the spices and dried fruit melting the vegetables into the chicken. The flatbread appetizer was wonderful and got that sweetness I was looking forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kennett dining excellenceMemlouiseVIPDined on 6/18/2014There's a reason diners love this bistro. This is Mediterranean fare at its finest - with subtle, well-balanced flavors, good portions, attentive service, all in an atmosphere comfortably suggestive of the cuisine itself. It's worth going out of your way to try this hot spot on Kennett's main drag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marywilcoDined on 6/12/2014I love Byrsa Bistro... each dish has a unique flavor and is of the highest quality... it is truly a gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranea of KennettML4oodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Must have mushroom soup! Whether you get a salad, sandwich, omelet or lamb, you will not be disappointed! Nice presentation and delicious ingredients. Plus it's a BYOB, which is great for dinners or special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerMicheleDined on 6/6/2014We went with another couple for dinner. None of us had been to Byrsa Bistro before. The menu had lots of intriguing items on it, and everything we tried was very good. They did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteBeckyDined on 6/6/2014We have never had a bad meal, we enjoy both the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAJShepherdDined on 5/31/2014Food was fantastic, servers were attentive and it has a lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- NovarollDined on 5/30/2014Wait was a little long on the second visit. But, the food is worth the wait. Excellent.Special Features: