102 E State St.
Kennett Square, PA 19348Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.byrsabistro.com/
- Phone: (610) 444-3277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 7 days/week 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Nick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact Ahmed at 610-523-3424.
A word from Byrsa Bistro
Welcome to Byrsa Bistro, House of Gourmet And Western Mediterranean Cuisine. Byrsa Bistro embodies a unique juxtaposition of rural Chester County charm with that of a warm, welcoming and intimate European bistro. The menu features authentic culinary delicacies of western Mediterranean nations like Morocco, Spain, France, Malta and Tunisia. There are vegetarian and gluten-free options as well as a variety of menu selections for all palates and preferences. Specialties include Vegetarian Byrsa, Crispy Skin Duck Breast and zesty Seafood Paella. Byrsa Bistro: fine dining in an upscale yet rustically casual atmosphere. We are BYOB and open 7 days a week!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Byrsa Bistro - Best Restaurants in Kennett Square ›
Byrsa Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (19)romantic (17)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- New to us anyway... Great findRobNVIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been gone from the area for 3 years, and now that we're back, our friends took us here for dinner. GREAT! So good, we came back the next weekend. Within the group - we've tried most of the things on the menu. All interesting - each has something with a new twist (in a great way). Desserts are really excellent. BYOB, so don't forget to bring some for dinner! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Busy night, slow service, but the food was outstanding, as usual. We will be back and we will continue to recommend Byrsa Bistro to our friends. The food is worth the wait.Special Features:
- Great Med Food & BYOBPappyDaveDined on 11/7/2014Always friendly service and very accommodating. Food was superb as always. Lamb shank was delicious! Love this place!Special Features:
- delicioussuehwestDined on 11/3/2014Had my first experience at Byrsa Bistro on Monday night. The service and atmosphere was excellent. It was very quiet that evening which might have helped. The restaurant is very small only 16 tables, so I can imagine that on the weekend it could be very crowded. My friend and I had the sampling menu at 45.00 pp. The staff graciously provided extra plates so that we could try everything we ordered. All of the food was outstanding!!! I would however mention that the portions of the entrees are smaller than regular when you do this, so if you are a person with a large appetite this may not be the way for you to go. I ordered the scallop risotto which was wonderful! It only had two scallops however. I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Intimate dining at it's best.Live2eatwellDined on 10/28/2014Byrsa Bistro delivers in quality. I always bring anyone who is not familiar with Kennett Square to Byrsa Bistro. It definitely adds a distinct class to Kennett Square. The food is always exceptional, the ambiance is intimate and the staff is friendly and prompt. With it's delectable menu, it's the perfect place to indulge your palate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowFarhatDined on 10/25/2014Hands down, one of the best restaurants i've ever eaten at . The Lamb Shank is a lifetime memroable experience. Amazing food and ambiance. Probably the best food in teh region if not in America. Everything was tasteful, tasty and every bite takes you to a world filled with goodness. Very impressed . Thank you ! I'll be back again and again and again !! Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mediterranean foodDisappointedDined on 10/25/2014The roasted pumpkin in the Pumpkin and Pecans salad was marvelous. All of the olives were excellent. Great place to go in Kennett Square, PA. Parking in the public parking garage is free after 5pm. Great deal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good digsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We did the tasting menu which was a great way to try different items on the menu. The mushroom soup was suburb but take note it is rich!. The calamari appetizer was amazing, and I enjoyed my pumpkin salad. The paella was one of the best I've eaten.Special Features:
- Kennett KeeperBuntzVIPDined on 10/21/2014After our 10th. meal or so at Byrsa, we've decided that it is a true "keeper." Their food and service is great, menu choices are terrific and location makes for easy parking. Nice combination, indeed. This place is a true gem.Special Features:
- Disappointed.enjoyfoodDined on 10/18/2014We read the reviews before booking, and this place has a great following. The service was caring and excellent. Unfortunately, we were not impressed and will not be back. Firstly, the layout of the tables in the restaurant is strange, a wood tree trunk, booths, tables, sloping areas, just not appealing. The bread served was good, with a nice vegetable pate. Ordered paella and Moroccan chicken. Paella was supposed to have fish, it did not. It was mostly mussels and calamari - two clams, two shrimp, some lamb sausage (which was good) and chicken bits (the texture of which I did not like). The Moroccan chicken was supposed to have spices, but was not flavorful, and it was small portion of chicken for the price, which was exorbitant for what was served. Expensive dinner, not worth the money.
- Baba ganoush and hummusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The baba ganoush and hummus were among the best I have tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in Every Way!Bird1218VIPDined on 10/14/2014What a find! We were visiting the area (from Chicago) and OpenTable had Byrsa Bistro listed. It was as close to perfect as we've encountered: delicious mushroom soup, fresh, seasonal pumpkin and pomegranate salad, duck breast for me, branzino fish for my sweetheart, fantastic baklava to finish! Each dish was uniquely and exotically flavored -- fresh, seasonal ingredients prevailed. The owner is from Tunisia, so a north African seasoning thread runs through each dish. Service was impeccable. How refreshing to dine in a peaceful, quiet atmosphere and be able to converse! Also, the selection of world music enhanced the entire experience. What a fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectantly delightful BYOBTaffysMomVIPDined on 10/6/2014Looking into this restaurant from the street, I still wasn't sure I wanted to enter. But once in, it was quite delightful. A little eclectic -- definitely not designed by a big-wig restaurant designer -- but very pleasant, white table cloth dining experience. The duck and fig flatbread was excellent. It was definitely an appetizer the kitchen cared about producing... not a throw-away flatbread that many restaurants throw together. We ordered three different salads all beautifully prepared with fresh, tasty ingredients. The lemony, light dressing was delicious -- one that I'd love the recipe for reproducing at home. Three of us shared the Paella, which was quite good and would have been a huge meal for one person. Need to go again!Special Features:
- Better all the time.lisa108Dined on 10/3/2014Brysa has made a statement in Kennett Square...some of the best creative, local fare going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely surprise in Kennett SquarelovetodineoutDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I wanted to try a different kind of restaurant and Byrsa Bistro looked liked it fit the bill. What a lovely surprise....we made a reservation without any problem and were seated as soon as we arrived. The server was friendly and attentive and we had a delicious meal of Mediterranean fare. I kept commenting that it was so nice to find such a unique place in Kennett. My husband had the paella and I had the fillet of Branzino fish accompanied by a wonderful couscous. We had a rice pudding and Moroccan tea for dessert. We will definitely return to Byrsa Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marywilcoDined on 9/30/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and have always had a wonderful meal... the food is lovingly prepared, each item has a unique flavor and is the best quality. I have had just about everything on the menu and always look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delicious Mediterranean CuisineVoyageursNJDined on 9/27/2014Inspired dishes of French, Italian, Spanish, Greek, Morocco and Turkish flavors all well done by Ahmad Chraga. Friendly staff and very good service. The decor is not much to talk about, as this is all about the flavors! That evening I started with a Grilled Antipasto, followed by a Beet Salad and then a vegetarian dish of couscous and assorted Mediterranean vegetables. It was extremely flavorful. Finished the meal with a fabulous Fig Crepe Stuffed with Homemade Fig Comfiture. Worth the trip and yes you will need reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining with friendshappyeaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were a group of eight. Everyone enjoyed the wonderful food and we were accomodated so graciously by the owner and staff. It was a wonderful night!Special Features:
- great byob.jillbo0VIPDined on 9/26/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience. Loved the fig and goat cheese salad and sour dejour. The duck was nice with the risotto but a bit overcooked. I asked for med rare and waiter said they don't cook it like that??I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 9/25/2014A terrific dinner for three in a pleasant, relaxed atmospher. Byrsa's Mediterranean dishes are varied, including vegetarian, with offerings whose roots are in southern France, Spain, Northern Africa, etc. We've pretty much eaten our way through the menu and enjoyed everything. This time, the paella was particularly noteworthy as was the branzino special. I also love the Turkish coffee after the meal. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticmelBDined on 9/23/2014This is a "Mediterranean" restaurant and rarely do I think that many places can pull of cuisines from so many countries, but Byrsa Bistro does a great job. The fig and duck flatbread is not to be missed. We also had a seasonal green salad with pumpkin and pecans which was wonderful. Our table ordered several starters, salads, entrees and desserts and we ate them family style. The dishes were fantastic and the atmosphere is cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CchhDined on 9/20/2014wonderful service, delicious, absolutely would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSD1Dined on 9/19/2014Very friendly owner and staff. Good food,service and decor.has been a great addition to Kennett Square dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMY!!cweaterVIPDined on 9/19/2014My party of four adults were all new to Mediterranean cuisine, but we each LOVED what we ordered: Lamb Shanks, Scallops, Paella and the Mediterranean sampler and fig salad. I appreciated the restaurant's consideration of my wife's food allergy. Although a bit dark overall inside, the tables had adequate light and the happy Friday night crowd was not loud enough to prohibit our party hearing each other's conversation. Conveniently located in Kennett Square, I would highly recommend this restaurant. In addition to delicious food, the wait staff was pleasant, attentive, and efficient. Kudos also to the owner's table side visit.Special Features:
- TheGreatAteDined on 9/18/2014Beautiful Presentation, great value, fabulous tastes.Special Features:
- loved it!marzia74Dined on 9/13/2014Byrsa was a great surprise. My husband and I loved it! The food was exellent and the restaurant was very cute. We had the paella and bronzino. Both very good. We will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BYO find!ldrifVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had such a great time and tried a little of everything, from the spiced carrot dip and grape leaves to the cyprus salad, which were all amazing. We then shared the chicken tagine and paella, both of which were incredibly moist and flavorful. They were out of baklava, which was our only disappointment. Everything else was top notch--prices are reasonable, service was friendly, lights are dim, and there is an upbeat, happy vibe to this place. We brought a few bottles of wine to share (there was no corkage fee!) and had a great time. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- FwatDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was very good. A few of my party got yjr beet salad. The describition was that the beets were roasted. THey were not. You could see the impressions of a can on the beetas that were served. When we asked the waitress she relpied that they were roasted!Special Features:
- Favorite Local Med RestaurantPappyDaveDined on 9/7/2014Food as always was fantastic. We took another couple here for the first time and they raved about the food, ambiance and service. The Crispy Duck is my favorite however one in out group got the Paella and they said it was the best they have ever had. We keep coming back and it is a BYOB .... no corkage!!!Special Features:
- great place in Kennett SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Good food from the Med. Located in the middle of town. Quiet corner for talking and enjoying the group. Would recommend it to couples or small groups.Special Features:
- once again superbWDT1953VIPDined on 8/30/2014one new item on the menu, and the summer menu was already complete. we have eaten here about 15 times since they have opened, every course of every meal has been superb. The attention to detail is obvious. This is clearly the best restaurant in the area, regardless of price.Special Features:
- Good placeQueueDined on 8/30/2014At most restaurants, appetizers are better than the mains; not at Byrsa Bistro. My friend and I had the Mediterranean Sampler appetizer which was just ok. Neither the baba ganoush nor the hummus were very flavorful, although the pita bread was very good. With the bread they served a mostly flavor-free vegetable "pate". The Lamb Shank with Giant White Beans was very tasty, a very autumn type of dish (on the Summer menu). The scallop risotto was excellent. The baklava was OK, and not too sweet. I like that it was BYOB, and that our server asked if we were ready for the main course rather than just bringing it out before we finished the Sampler . Service was friendly but could have been more present after the main course was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mediterranean Find...CowboyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Quaint place on State St in Kennett Square. Charming, great service and a nice change of pace for a night of dining out.Special Features:
- StaceystaceyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Meal was amazing, great atmosphere and will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Terry and RusstandrnycDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dining experience! The food and service were top notch. We are from New York and were pleasantly surprised with the NYC restaurant feel in a small quaint town.Special Features:
- Great find!BMT1Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I are both foodies and enjoy finding new and eclectic restaurants. This definitely fit the bill! It had a wide variety of well crafted dishes with great flavor. The staff were friendly and the owner was very personable. I would not hesitate to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ??????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The 6 of us had a very nice meal and the service was great. we had fun going to the Mystery Event and then going to an 8 o'clock dinner right in Kennett. we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Atmosphere!!!!IssamDined on 7/31/2014Last minute decision to go for lunch and we choose Byrsa Bistro. I was not disappointed. Food , service and atmosphere was perfect as always. I will definitely be back every time i get the chance to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 7/30/2014We ate at a sidewalk table on a nice evening, and, except for the odd motorcycle or truck noise, had a pleasant evening. The food and service were great. Byrsa offers a great variety of Mediterranean dishes, so of which are difficult to find elsewhere in Chester County.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicenogarlicDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at Byrsa Bistro. I have a food allergy and they were very accommodating to it. They had quite a few dishes that I was able to order or they would adjust. We both had a delicious, interesting meal. We would definitely go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.