66 Wellington St. W
Toronto, ON M5K 1J3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bymark.mcewangroup.ca/
- Phone: (416) 777-1144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Mark McEwan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bymark
Bymark is Mark McEwan's (of North 44) new venture. The concourse level accommodates the Main Dining with three private rooms, each with a 14 guest capacity. Bymark's menu demonstrates a contemporary touch with a core of classic cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Bymark reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (36)romantic (25)great for lunch (21)hot spot (19)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great food and serviceMurlanDined on 11/13/2014Service and food as expected. Servers anticipate needs, and always seem to be around when needed. Food is fantastic as is presentation. Anything less than a well organized restaurant and great service wouldn't survive in this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleepyDined on 11/1/2014We got the best table in the centre next to a tree decoration for our anniversary dinner as requested. Photos are especially nice with the right backdrop. Service is attentive and food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under par...EMillerDined on 10/31/2014I ate there on Oct 31 2014 with my wife for her birthday. She loved it, I found it to be a bad experience for a fine dinning restaurant. Your FOH manager put her fingerprints all over my wife's wine glass, everyone knows you grab wine glasses by the stems! Rookie mistake, from a Manager! Apps were great, drinks were great. My entrée, the sea bream... came out two plated, I was shocked. How was I supposed to eat this? The fish took up one plate, the veg came out on a side plate. Two plating an entrée? I thought I was at Milestones or Jack Astors. My server (Tyler) was amazing. I tipped him proper on his service, not on the food, or the overall experience. In the end, it was my wife's birthday and I didn't want to make a huge scene.Special Features:
- Awesome food and fast serviceJBBBDined on 10/28/2014Loved the burgers and tuna! Very inventive takes on traditional staples with excellent service. Great energy and vibe to the whole place. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just a little quieter pleaseFrequentpatron1Dined on 10/27/2014What a fine place, with service that's good but not too in-your-face. But compared with an earlier visit this year the most recent lunch competed with music. Who needs it? Bymark should be the unhurried, relaxing, quiet bistro to have important conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good atmospherehomer1234Dined on 10/24/2014Started off with drinks at the bar. The appetizers were appealing and inexpensive as compared with other locations in downtown Toronto with the same level of ambiance. The dinner was terrific and would definitely recommend the lobster poutine.Special Features:
- IncredibleYUMMYDined on 10/24/2014Incredible, as always! I have never had even a slightly bad experience at Bymark. The food is always extraordinary! The service is always attentive, friendly and above the bar in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFMacDined on 10/18/2014Smelled fishy when you walked in and food was way too salty.
- Great MenuKimMunchDined on 10/16/2014I was very pleased with the menu, service, and ambiance. Great place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceAlbramVIPDined on 10/16/2014I've eaten here many times and they consistenly give great service and awesome food. The room is very cool, the bar scene is always buzzing, best patio in Toronto As far as i am concerned this is one of a few iconic restaurants in TorontoSpecial Features:
- great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014My wife and I had a great dinner on her birthday this week. We came in after the rush and had a quiet restaurant for a nice relaxing evening. Food was beyond exceptional! The tuna and foie appetizers were very well put together with balancing flavors. I especially enjoyed the duck breast for the entrée. There were many different flavors in the dish, all which made every bite very unique and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad I wentdiningdivaDined on 10/10/2014Octopus starter followed by shrimp tacos. Sea bream for the main. Tyler our waiter was awesome. He knew the food and was enthusiastic about it. It was quiet when we arrived at 7pm but started getting busier as the night went on. Best meal of my TO 4 night stay.Special Features:
- FoodieAshDined on 10/3/2014Overall Bymark was really good. I went for my birthday recently with a small group and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves even though they didn't do ANYTHING special to accomodate my birthday. The service was pretty slow but the food was really good. The lobster poutine is a MUST TRY. Also, the apple strudel cheesecake that my sister had was DIVINE; wish I got it. I enjoyed my main (got the black cod and octopus tempura), however my two guests who got the lobster spaghetti said it was nothing special. I'd definitely go again but I wouldn't rush to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as expectedfoofoonessDined on 9/30/2014Never disappointed at the quality of Bymark, ambiance and service are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat and drink!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Loved the tomahawk steak and dessert trio provided three excellent choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and patioGBodDined on 9/25/2014Great food esp the Lobster Poutine! Everything was served in a timely manner and tastes were excellent. Lives upto the name and reputation of this downtown resto destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place - Special OccasionKevinKDined on 9/6/2014I made reservations at Bymark to have a special occasion and was not disappointed. The food and wine were outstanding and the ambiance was perfect - quiet, beautifully decorated and romantic. While not inexpensive, the experience was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRushDined on 9/6/2014Yes amazing. Loved the food and staff!!! Try the bymark burger, it's worth every biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch service is slowSLDSCDDined on 9/3/2014If you have 2 full hrs for lunch Bymark is your place. Otherwise, try Canoe on top of the TD Bank Tower a short walk away. The few times I've been to Bymark, even when it is only 25% full, (I could only count 6 others from my seat) the main course to takes 60 to 75 min. This is nice for a dinner but not so great when taking clients to lunch with afternoon meetings.
- perfect for romantic bday dinnerrteeDined on 8/23/2014Took my girlfriend there for her birthday dinner. Overall perfect. Ambiance, food, service. All great! She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our meal and evening at Bymark. Have dined here once before which we enjoyed as well. This time around I found the prices much higher. Didn't find the meal and service any different from the previous therefore not sure why prices are so inflated - the inflation rate isn't consistent with the increased cost. Will try another restaurant next time in Toronto to compare.Special Features:
- Strangely emptyTorontoFoodie101Dined on 8/8/2014Surprised to be the only guests in the restaurant for most of a Friday night. Food overall excellent, but let down by desserts.
- I forgot how much I love BymarkAlli7onDined on 8/8/2014I don't work in the downtown core so the restaurants there aren't top-of-mind. I was taking a client to lunch and wanted to go "somewhere good" so I asked my stock broker. She put Bymark on a short list with other notable options and I immediately decided to go there. My guest and I each started with salads (his a kale masterpiece, mine an heirloom carrot and avocado delight) then dove into lobster grilled cheese sandwiches with onions rings on the side. I have just returned from a Halifax holiday where I had lobster three times in a week. This was better. The sandwich is worth every cent and cholesterol point. Service is at a really high level yet still friendly and personable. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014This was my second time at Bymark, so I'd already had a great expeirence there the first time I went. This time was great too -- fantastic food and the ambience was great. The only thing I'd like to comment on was the service -- the waitress was okay, not very attentive and even brought out our bills without asking us for some reason. She ended up apologizing but regardless, I'm not sure why she did that in the first place. Otherwise -- great spot!Special Features:
- JbusanDined on 8/1/2014Excellent restaurant with good food and service, people dine in feel welcoming and important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 528 reviews are from the Bymark reviews archive.
- Too expensive for the qualityDiner18Dined on 7/25/2014Shrimp tacos and soup of the day were both well done. Shrimp tacos a tad expensive for what they are (nothing miraculous), but you know that coming in. The Tomahawk steak (32oz steak for sharing, $99) was still relatively chewy. Would expect a more tender steak for $50/person. Lobster poutine and risotto were both good. The service was attentive, informative and consistent - probably the best thing about the night. The food, overall, was good, but not good enough for the money they ask.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Great good and amazing steaks!! Service was pretty good too. The waiter forgot to bread bread a couple of the times when we asked him and water but otherwise everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMillertimeDined on 6/16/2014It was very thoughtful of the staff to pre-split out fries and Onion rings when my friend and I wanted to share our side orders. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EspetacularHacramosDined on 6/14/2014No Bymark eu comi o melhor filet da mihfavida!!! Ótima casa, atendimento perfeito!!! Tudo de bom!!!!Special Features:
- Convenient locationhappygirl317Dined on 6/12/2014We sat outside hoping it would be quieter than indoors but a band started to play in the square. This made it a little more difficult to carry on a conversation. Also, the food was not as delicious as I thought it should be for the price. I had eaten there before and the food was quite tasty on that occasion and justified the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent serviceRedsVIPDined on 6/12/2014Bymark has always been my go to places for lunch downtown. Food is still good. The Street Burger is very tasty , but the tempura onion ring is tasteless and a bit soggy. I do not think the temp of the oil was hot enough when they fired it. Service could be better. Our server seemed to have her mind elsewhere! Probably the table next to us ordering many bottles of wine! We asked for desert menu twice and by the time we got it ten mins later, we did not have time. She did not seem to care! With many up and coming new downtown restaurant, this old guard better watch outSpecial Features:
- DaveDined on 6/11/2014An absolutely fantastic dinner. Wow. Staff was very friendly, always professional and accomodating of our wishes. Very grateful for the awesome dinner!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningMperorDined on 6/10/2014The place may not be easy to get to if you are driving, given the amount of grid lock from downtown traffic rush-hour and construction. Once you find the place, it's actually nice ambience and fairly quiet in the dining room. This was a Tuesday evening, so the Thursday to Saturdays may be different. The food is different than your standard chained restaurants as the ingredients used with different spices creates somewhat of a fusion style for some items. You can still get your standard raw half shell oysters, seafood platters, etc. It is definitely a place to try for any occasion or just on a date with someone special.Special Features:
- Attention to detail all aroundccollinsDined on 6/7/2014Our meal at Bymark was incredible. Every dish was delicious and it was clear the kitchen made every ingredient count. From the duo of veal which came with tiny "Pommes Dauphins" to the foie gras starter, the food was exceptional in it's preparation and inventiveness. The service was also very good, and we received helpful advice on our wine selection. The dining room is beautiful - the only downside was that we were literally the only table with guests on a Saturday evening. There were others upstairs on the patio, but inside, just us. It didn't feel too awkward though - all the candles were lit and we felt a bit like we had rented out the whole place. They probably closed after we left, but we were not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnazzyWonderfulVIPDined on 6/7/2014I had previously read mostly positive reviews about Bymark and it was in a convenient location to our hotels so I booked it on Open Table with great hopes. We certainly weren't let down by the food, which was quite good. I had the pan seared halibut while my friend enjoyed the duck breast. It was a glorious summer night so we dined out of doors, which served only to enhance the evening. We did have a bit of trouble understanding the server, but she was generally attentive. I would give the restaurant good marks overall and would not hesitate recommending it to others. The restaurant is well designed and puts forth a snazzy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceDisappointedDined on 6/4/2014We had a noon reservation. We ordered our food soon after our arrival. Our food did not show up until 1:10PM. It is a busy place but we were not there for 2 hour lunch. It truly was a disppointing experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary meal2foodiesDined on 5/31/2014We had a very good meal this past Saturday. The place was practically empty which made for a very nice quiet evening with my wife. Obviously Bymark is more of a mon to fri crowd. To start we had the shrimp tacos and the buratta. The shrimp tacos were exemplary. The beet crisps were light and had just the right crunch for the nicely seasoned shrimps. The buratta was mediocre. Kind of bland. For mains, my wife had the lobster ravioli and I had the short rib fettucini. The ravioli was quite different than what I imagine most people expect. My wife very much enjoyed it. The broth, the lobster. I on the other hand didn't like it at all. I'm very glad I didn't order it. I would have been disappointed. My pasta was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014It rarely disappoints. Food is good, and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Well done!Food77VIPDined on 5/28/2014Another great night at one of MM places. Everything was flawless. From the hostess taking us to our seats promptly, the servers being attentive, the food being fantastic (I love their burger....on par with Minetta Tavern in NYC). Burger was perfectly done at medium+. Kale caesar was a nice change of pace (had a nice peppery kick to it). I'll definitely be back. It was nice and quiet during my visit. None of the Gordon Gecko wannabes showed up that night, which I prefer. I understand this place can get very busy with all the "suits" in the area. I always make a habit of visiting my favorite restaurants on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't like being part of the "feed'em and street'em" rush.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodaholicDined on 5/28/2014We had such a great lunch at by mark. Food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.