66 Wellington St. W
Toronto, ON M5K 1J3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://bymark.mcewangroup.ca/
- Phone: 4167771144
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Mark McEwan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bymark
Bymark is Mark McEwan's (of North 44) new venture. The concourse level accommodates the Main Dining with three private rooms, each with a 14 guest capacity. Bymark's menu demonstrates a contemporary touch with a core of classic cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContinental
Bymark reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (25)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- perfect for romantic bday dinnerrteeDined on 8/23/2014Took my girlfriend there for her birthday dinner. Overall perfect. Ambiance, food, service. All great! She loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed our meal and evening at Bymark. Have dined here once before which we enjoyed as well. This time around I found the prices much higher. Didn't find the meal and service any different from the previous therefore not sure why prices are so inflated - the inflation rate isn't consistent with the increased cost. Will try another restaurant next time in Toronto to compare.Special Features:
- I forgot how much I love BymarkAlli7onDined on 8/8/2014I don't work in the downtown core so the restaurants there aren't top-of-mind. I was taking a client to lunch and wanted to go "somewhere good" so I asked my stock broker. She put Bymark on a short list with other notable options and I immediately decided to go there. My guest and I each started with salads (his a kale masterpiece, mine an heirloom carrot and avocado delight) then dove into lobster grilled cheese sandwiches with onions rings on the side. I have just returned from a Halifax holiday where I had lobster three times in a week. This was better. The sandwich is worth every cent and cholesterol point. Service is at a really high level yet still friendly and personable. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014This was my second time at Bymark, so I'd already had a great expeirence there the first time I went. This time was great too -- fantastic food and the ambience was great. The only thing I'd like to comment on was the service -- the waitress was okay, not very attentive and even brought out our bills without asking us for some reason. She ended up apologizing but regardless, I'm not sure why she did that in the first place. Otherwise -- great spot!Special Features:
- JbusanDined on 8/1/2014Excellent restaurant with good food and service, people dine in feel welcoming and important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for the qualityDiner18Dined on 7/25/2014Shrimp tacos and soup of the day were both well done. Shrimp tacos a tad expensive for what they are (nothing miraculous), but you know that coming in. The Tomahawk steak (32oz steak for sharing, $99) was still relatively chewy. Would expect a more tender steak for $50/person. Lobster poutine and risotto were both good. The service was attentive, informative and consistent - probably the best thing about the night. The food, overall, was good, but not good enough for the money they ask.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Great good and amazing steaks!! Service was pretty good too. The waiter forgot to bread bread a couple of the times when we asked him and water but otherwise everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMillertimeDined on 6/16/2014It was very thoughtful of the staff to pre-split out fries and Onion rings when my friend and I wanted to share our side orders. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EspetacularHacramosDined on 6/14/2014No Bymark eu comi o melhor filet da mihfavida!!! Ótima casa, atendimento perfeito!!! Tudo de bom!!!!Special Features:
- Convenient locationhappygirl317Dined on 6/12/2014We sat outside hoping it would be quieter than indoors but a band started to play in the square. This made it a little more difficult to carry on a conversation. Also, the food was not as delicious as I thought it should be for the price. I had eaten there before and the food was quite tasty on that occasion and justified the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent serviceRedsVIPDined on 6/12/2014Bymark has always been my go to places for lunch downtown. Food is still good. The Street Burger is very tasty , but the tempura onion ring is tasteless and a bit soggy. I do not think the temp of the oil was hot enough when they fired it. Service could be better. Our server seemed to have her mind elsewhere! Probably the table next to us ordering many bottles of wine! We asked for desert menu twice and by the time we got it ten mins later, we did not have time. She did not seem to care! With many up and coming new downtown restaurant, this old guard better watch outSpecial Features:
- DaveDined on 6/11/2014An absolutely fantastic dinner. Wow. Staff was very friendly, always professional and accomodating of our wishes. Very grateful for the awesome dinner!Special Features:
- Romantic EveningMperorDined on 6/10/2014The place may not be easy to get to if you are driving, given the amount of grid lock from downtown traffic rush-hour and construction. Once you find the place, it's actually nice ambience and fairly quiet in the dining room. This was a Tuesday evening, so the Thursday to Saturdays may be different. The food is different than your standard chained restaurants as the ingredients used with different spices creates somewhat of a fusion style for some items. You can still get your standard raw half shell oysters, seafood platters, etc. It is definitely a place to try for any occasion or just on a date with someone special.Special Features:
- Attention to detail all aroundccollinsDined on 6/7/2014Our meal at Bymark was incredible. Every dish was delicious and it was clear the kitchen made every ingredient count. From the duo of veal which came with tiny "Pommes Dauphins" to the foie gras starter, the food was exceptional in it's preparation and inventiveness. The service was also very good, and we received helpful advice on our wine selection. The dining room is beautiful - the only downside was that we were literally the only table with guests on a Saturday evening. There were others upstairs on the patio, but inside, just us. It didn't feel too awkward though - all the candles were lit and we felt a bit like we had rented out the whole place. They probably closed after we left, but we were not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnazzyWonderfulVIPDined on 6/7/2014I had previously read mostly positive reviews about Bymark and it was in a convenient location to our hotels so I booked it on Open Table with great hopes. We certainly weren't let down by the food, which was quite good. I had the pan seared halibut while my friend enjoyed the duck breast. It was a glorious summer night so we dined out of doors, which served only to enhance the evening. We did have a bit of trouble understanding the server, but she was generally attentive. I would give the restaurant good marks overall and would not hesitate recommending it to others. The restaurant is well designed and puts forth a snazzy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceDisappointedDined on 6/4/2014We had a noon reservation. We ordered our food soon after our arrival. Our food did not show up until 1:10PM. It is a busy place but we were not there for 2 hour lunch. It truly was a disppointing experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary meal2foodiesDined on 5/31/2014We had a very good meal this past Saturday. The place was practically empty which made for a very nice quiet evening with my wife. Obviously Bymark is more of a mon to fri crowd. To start we had the shrimp tacos and the buratta. The shrimp tacos were exemplary. The beet crisps were light and had just the right crunch for the nicely seasoned shrimps. The buratta was mediocre. Kind of bland. For mains, my wife had the lobster ravioli and I had the short rib fettucini. The ravioli was quite different than what I imagine most people expect. My wife very much enjoyed it. The broth, the lobster. I on the other hand didn't like it at all. I'm very glad I didn't order it. I would have been disappointed. My pasta was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!Food77VIPDined on 5/28/2014Another great night at one of MM places. Everything was flawless. From the hostess taking us to our seats promptly, the servers being attentive, the food being fantastic (I love their burger....on par with Minetta Tavern in NYC). Burger was perfectly done at medium+. Kale caesar was a nice change of pace (had a nice peppery kick to it). I'll definitely be back. It was nice and quiet during my visit. None of the Gordon Gecko wannabes showed up that night, which I prefer. I understand this place can get very busy with all the "suits" in the area. I always make a habit of visiting my favorite restaurants on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't like being part of the "feed'em and street'em" rush.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodaholicDined on 5/28/2014We had such a great lunch at by mark. Food was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CloudyDined on 5/24/2014The portions are quite small and quite expensive.Special Features:
- Bymark reviewLovefood76Dined on 5/24/2014Loved the experience of dining at Bymark. The food was awesome, the atmosphere was great and the staff was friendly. Would recommend the restaurant for a romatic evening with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet evening with great food1MHFoodieVIPDined on 5/22/2014Our Thursday night visit to Bymark was more quiet than we thought it would be. Interesting specialty drinks began the meal, followed by excellent ravioli and beef filet. The side dishes are not to be missed. Service was excellent, as we had our waiters full attention due to small crowd. Slick, modern design as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously shareablecoboVIPDined on 5/17/2014Innovative appetizers like shrimp "tacos" (shrimp and aioli "salad" in crispy beet "shells"), and individualizable entrees like tender grass fed filet mignon with your choice of sauces (horseradish, green peppercorn and orange, etc), make for a memorable and palette pleasing meal. Service was attentive and professional, and decor was minimalist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Amazing service! Exceptional food! Great value! I always have an outstanding experience when I dine at Bymark.Special Features:
- Food was as expected, service ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014The meal was excellent. Service was not bad, but I found the knowledge of the menu from our waitress was not that great. Seeing Mark Mcewan's attention to detail on Top Chef, I was surprised the waitress could not recommend a wine pairing for our meals. Didn't even consult with the chef. Again, not a criticism, just a note. Service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 507 reviews are from the Bymark reviews archive.
- special occassionlouiedumpsDined on 5/2/2014took my wife for our 6 year anniversary. Great service, great atmosphere. The menu is quite pricey - I knew that ahead of time. Food was good, however I wasn't "wowed". For the money they charge, I deserve to be wowed by the food. Wasn't a bad meal by any means, but you will walk out saying to yourself it wasn't worth the money you spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryHelloDined on 4/26/2014Celebrating our anniversary. Came to Bymark and had a wonderful time. The service was exceptional. I had told the staff beforehand we were celebrating an anniversary, and requested a more private area. They sat us in a cozy corner with wrap-around bench seating so that we could sit right next to each other. And to top it all off, they surprised us with a little "Happy Anniversary" dessert on the house. The staff was amazing, and I couldn't be happier choosing Bymark to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Good food and solid service. New menu so I really challenged the staff and they seemed to know it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a crowd favouritesylvrgirlVIPDined on 4/24/2014It goes without saying that every single time I visit Bymark, I am always so pleased and walk away with the satisfaction in knowing what a great place Bymark is for lunch. This time around I tried the Halibut for my main and have to say it was one of the best Halibut's I have had to-date. It was light and delicate, complimented beautifully with lentils, peas and nice little touch of tabbouleh. The staff and service are also always top notch, no never have any complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience. The foodNewexperiencesDined on 4/7/2014Great experience. The food was outstanding. The drinks refreshing! Service exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- by...okpetedenoDined on 4/4/2014First time going to Bymark. Been to Fabbrica numerous times but wanted to try the more upscale location. Was medium-ly impressed. The service was fine....still cannot close a table but this a problem all over Toronto. Not sure I would go back considering how many great restaurants of this quality there are in the city.....perhaps just an off day for a great brand.
- Wonderful ExperienceBigFanDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went to Bymark for our date night and loved everything about our dining experience. Food: Mouth Watering, Service: Top Notch, Overall experience: Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodCRGuyDined on 3/15/2014I always enjoy Bymark and I head there whenever I have a craving for the lobster poutine. I also had the duck confit, which was great and followed with a honey bourbon safe creme brulee. We brought our 5 year old son, and they were more than accommodating in getting hime what he wanted... penne pasta and a lobster tail. My wife had the chicken and enjoyed it. Bymark is a very solid and consistent restaurant for the family, groups and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decenttdotDined on 3/10/2014Very good food. Attentive but not always quick service when it comes to refreshing water glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!FoodieDined on 3/8/2014My husband & I were there for dinner last Saturday. The restaurant was 1/2 full - lively but not too noisy. Our server was knowledgable and friendly. She was attentive - we never had to wait when we required anything further. We had the Lobster Poutine as a starter. It lived up to the hype! The fries were perfectly cooked & they were very generous with the lobster portion. My husband had the burger - he said it was one of the best he has ever had. I had the fettuccini with braised rabbit. It was good, but nothing special. The highlight for me was the chocolate & roasted banana torte. In a word - fabulous! On the whole, a wonderful dining experience as expected. We will be back in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014This was my first time at Bymark. It turned out to be absolutely excellent. In particular, the food was delectable. I had the Sage Chicken ($35) and it was so tender. The sauces and the vegetables were amazing -- my wife kept sneaking a taste of it. I want to go back just to have this again. My wife had the $40 Steak Filet, and it was perfect too. We both felt the food had subtle flavours we might expect in Europe. My wife said this was the best food she's had in Toronto. It was a Friday night and the restaurant was not packed, but there were enough people there to contribute to a good energy. The lights are dimmed a bit and it was quite romantic for celebrating our birthdays. The soft corner seating was quite relaxing. This is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcooked steakGillRose10Dined on 2/26/2014Ordered a medium rare tenderloin and they gave me a well done. Totally not acceptable for this high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing food!SRDDDined on 2/22/2014Went to Bymark on a Saturday night with the wife for a date night. The food was incredible. We had the beet salad, mozzarella salad, the burger, 39oz steak and the ripini. Everything was amazing and delicious. My only negative comment would be that it was a bit of a pain to find after parking. Other then that it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastro-chicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Easily accessible via The PATH, ByMark provides a great option for special lunch meetings with many delicious and varied fare choices. Great ambiance and style. Looking forward to dining at the outdoor patio as the weather warms up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backJulieVIPDined on 2/15/2014The food and service at ByMark are amazing. We typically order daily specials at a restaurant but the regular menu here is impressive enough that you'll have something amazing to try either way. We were impressed that they didn't try to upsell us on wine when we asked for a recommendation--something oddly uncommon these days. The service from the entire team was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.