678 Washington Street
Norwood, MA 02062Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.byblosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (781) 762-8998
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for our annual New Year's Eve Bash at Byblos. 3 course gourmet Lebanese dinner, mezza, and champagne with musical guest George Maalouf! $125 per ticket. Buy your tickets today at 781-762 8998.
A word from Byblos
Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Byblos reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Happy To Find This RestaurantDena1Dined on 11/8/2014Found this restaurant because we were going to a show at the Norwood Theater, and this restautant received a high rating on trip advisor. The other three members in our party, as well as myself, were very happy to 'discover' this restaurant. The food was very good and fresh, and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our first visit here very much and will definitely return again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Byblos is great!JavaJoeDined on 11/8/2014This Restaurant is fantastic! Love the food, menu choices and that You are never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoxytreatsDined on 11/1/2014Excellent variety and very fresh Lebanese food....prices excellent for quality and quantity of food.....only disappointment was the baklava...I am Armenian and the baklava was rather dry...other than that...the food was excellent and like I said very fresh...reminded me of my grandmother's cooking...wish you had belly dancing on Saturday nights also...Special Features:
- FantasticpooneilDined on 10/25/2014Amazing food, good portions, friendly staff, and quick service. A+Special Features:
- Amazing Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Best find in the area...if you love Middle Eastern food, this is a must!!!Special Features:
- Like My Gandma madeDrDerDined on 10/12/2014The Lebanese food here is exactly like the food my grandma used to make. It is outstanding and one of the very, very few places I can get kibbe nayye.Special Features:
- good food and funGreatcustomerDined on 10/11/2014We went with a group on a Saturday night. The service was a bit slow, but the food was very good. The belly dancer made the overall experience lots of fun. We'd definitely return.Special Features:
- A real find for usNew2MADined on 10/4/2014We like Mediterranean cuisine, have had Syrian a lot in our past, and Byblos was a real find for us, so close by. Elegant atmosphere but not too expensive. Excellent food, friendly and very helpful waiter, especially for choosing our food, not too noisy (We enjoyed the live music and dancing from the other room after we had finished our meal on Saturday night). Big portions so we had a good meal for the next day also. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night fun spot!PS47VIPDined on 10/3/2014First time at Byblos, had a blast on belly dancing night. The three man band played an energetic brand of music that people danced to in between belly dancing sets. It felt more like a wedding reception than a restaurant, though the food was good and the service excellent. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Portions were plentiful but taste was not as good as we remembered from past visits. Pita was a bit on the stale side and my wife didn't care for the shrimp not being peeled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We loved the food here. Highly. Recommended. Grape leaves and hummus is the best we ever had south of Boston. A+++Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderfulKirstenrunsVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our server was wonderfully attentive. We did not know what to order-being unfamiliar with Lebanese food-and he was able to suggest some amazing dinner options. I will definitely be back! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelly812VIPDined on 8/30/2014Always consistent with food and quality of food. We do not go there as often as we like because we live down the Cape. hopefully someday the Cape will have a Mid Eastern restaurant to match ByblosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodphlhVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is as good as moms cooking. Delicious chicken kabobs, and the garlic/toum sauce is amazing.Special Features:
- rkaranDined on 8/15/2014The filafels at Byblos were by far the best I've tasted. This is including those I've eaten during a 10-year stint in the Middle East. The yogurt sauce was excellent as were the shawarma , the kibbe, the chicken kabab, kofta kabab entrees. The wait staff were friendly and very helpful. The quantity of food is quite large too. If you plan on finishing off your entrees, it may be a good idea to skip the appetizers.Special Features:
- Fun evening with fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We went to bring a friend to celebrate his birthday and were not disappointed. The food was plentiful and delicious. Very fresh but more fun was the entertainment. The band plus belly dancing available on Friday and Saturday evening made it a totally enjoyable evening. The owner is warm and friendly and makes a point to welcome all guests. Truly a fun night. It does get noisy once entertainment starts but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 228 reviews are from the Byblos reviews archive.
- Consistently GoodBostongirlVIPDined on 7/27/2014Byblos has fantastic Lebanese food which is always consistent. A definite family favorite. The wait staff worked hard and hustled through the crowd but their personalities could use some overhauling.
- Lots of optionsSuburbanMomDined on 6/27/2014I am mostly vegetarian, but my family eats meat, so it can sometimes be a challenge to find a restaurant that satisfies all of us. Byblos is wonderful because there are so many vegetarian choices, and meals can be customized by ordering a series of Mezzas and side dishes or picking one of the combination plates. The portions are generous, so there is no fear of leaving hungry. I come back most often for the falafel (crispy outside and light and soft inside), and the lemony hummus with lovely paper-thin pita. The ambiance is what I would describe as "old school" with waitstaff in tuxedo shirts and bowties, but the service is always attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food .... Great serviceIndyDined on 6/20/2014This is the closest thing to actually eating in Lebanon. The food and the entertainment are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed a lovely meal with friends. The meal was well prepared and delicious. We didn't feel rushed at all. Fresh roses on each table was a wonderful touch. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Meeting friends.ElizabthDined on 6/14/2014We had a great dinner, everyone enjoyed there choices. The waitstaff was attentive. The wine was good. Music and entertainment was very enjoyable. Pleasant environment and low noise level allows for friends to converse. No one rushes you out and we were encouraged to stay and enjoy the entertainment.Special Features:
- So wonderfulGrannyDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Byblos many times, & The food is amazing except for 2 errors. 1st, about a year ago, we ordered the baklavah, always a very small portion of 3 pieces, but then was not even all baklavah, and was not delicious. We haven't ordered it since, so can't report on any change. The 2nd was just the other evening. A special was described as thinly sliced chicken with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts, with a gravy, over rice. The comment from the person who had it was that the chicken was dry and tasteless, and that the gravy was both too little and not complementary. He said that it was a fabulous vegetarian dish that someone decided to add chicken to. But the leftovers without the chicken were much enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese in Boston AreaBusinessLuncherDined on 6/8/2014This is probably the best Lebanese restaurant in Boston area. You should ask about the options for family style menu. I particularly like ordering family platter and order appetizers separately, cause it could be too much food to order the full family style.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant!!!DebbyBDined on 6/7/2014We love Byblos! The food is fabulous, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is unbeatable. We love the belly dancers. We have dined here many times and have never had a bad experience. The owner is a soulful man with a large heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentMassfoodieVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is our go-to place when we are in the area and we are never disappointed. The food is always fresh and the staff welcoming and friendly. The house and other salads are refreshing. Try one of the specials, such as the sheikh el meshi, and one of the Lebanese wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBostongirlVIPDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant is consistently good. We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was a little off perhaps due to it being extremely busy but overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience.
- Yummy Mideast Feast!internationalfoodjunkieDined on 5/23/2014Byblos was a great dining experience for our foursome of friends. We had a friend who was looking for Lebanese food, in particular and they did not disappoint! Only issue was talking over the very loud band. The atmosphere was quite friendly, overall, but we could not hold a conversation once the band got going! Great food, though, and I would highly recommend it for those looking for a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePatbDined on 5/20/2014Byblos was very nice. The hummus was the best I have ever tasted. It was served with warm pita bread. The kabobs were good and the portions were large. We have never had Lebanese food before so I can't compare it to other Lebanese restaurants.Special Features:
- Testing it outKaralex21Dined on 5/17/2014I wanted to Taist the food at this restuarant thinking it's more of Armenian middle eastern but it was not. It was more Arabic middle Easter place with its kinds of food. The food was good cooked well but not to fond of some of the Taist from the appetizers. When I called the person on the phone said they will have live entertainment and there is a place to dance,,2-3 hours we were there and it was only keyboard player than around 10 a belly dancer came. It disapoiented me that there was no dance floor to dance than I noticed there was a function room with a small dance floor. I was thinking about doing a occasion there but now I changed my mind. Overall it wasn't bad, good to go there once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointTrevVIPDined on 5/14/2014As usual, very good. Price is always right. Would like some more creativity on desserts.Special Features:
- Big mistakeBobbyDined on 5/11/2014We were at Byblos for Mother's Day and while the food was ok, the menu was very limited to just 2 options to choose from. Also the waitress was rude and not friendly at all. We have a toddler and was told that we would pay a flat fee for her even if she doesn't get her own dish because they don't allow food sharing. That was very odd and we almost left after we were told that. Finally an 18% tip was automatically added to the bill and charged to my card without even asking for permission. I found this to be odd. Nevertheless, my wife asked me to never bring her to this place again. So much for a special Mother's Day
- 2nd time less a charmhappyfranDined on 5/10/2014We bumbled on this restaurant after leaving a long day on the "auto mile" back in January and had a great meal. Thought we try again as a Mom's Day dinner on Sat PM but the service was dreadful and the food was just not as good. Not sure how to account for the inconsistency?
- A can't miss destinationmurray300VIPDined on 5/9/2014This place is just sooooo good! The food is simply the best here and always has been since its humble beginnings in a tiny little storefront nearby. The very warm host, Maurice, is a nice as can be always checking to see that all his guests are happy. If I have one issue it is the loud ethnic music on some weekend nights that make it difficult to converse with the other members of your party that, at least for me, we were going out with in order to catch up with and enjoy their company. I have no doubt that for many patrons the music is a plus, just not for me. So, no big problem, we just either avoid those nights or come on the early side so we are finished before the music begins.Special Features:
- Good food and entertainment!CookiesDined on 4/26/2014As always the food is presented very well and the service from the host to the server was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPal3Dined on 4/23/2014You can never go wrong when eating at Byblos. A go to restaurant when you can't decide. And a reservation on a Saturday evening is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This the place for middleeasternluv2eatDined on 3/15/2014This the place for middleeastern food. We were there on a Friday night when the restaurant has live music. There was a birthday party in progress in the next room, but it was more like the whole restaurant was a part of the celebration when the dancing started because diners were in close proximity to the open doors dividig the rooms. The rooms are quite large (front to back) and did not seem cramped. Extensive menu items to choose from and if the vegetarian combo I ordered is any indication, bring your appetite, my serving was plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly with Delicious FoodAbbyDined on 3/15/2014Can't wait to go back. The Trip from RI was worth it for family. We chose to celebrate my brother's birthday there and we will return for more special occasions. The food is plentiful and truly a taste of Lebanon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but too loudTSweeneyDined on 3/8/2014Delicious food, friendly service, plentiful portions but the live entertainment the night we were there was far too loud. We were with friends we had not seen in a year, and trying to have a conversation once the music began was near impossible without requiring us to raise our voices. If conversation will be part of your dining experience, try going on a night when live entertainment is not scheduled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!DebSDined on 3/2/2014We have been going to Byblos for years and it never disappoints!!! It is great for lunch or dinner and definitely family dining.Special Features:
- Something A Little DifferentJackieHVIPDined on 3/1/2014We have so many restaurants to choose from these days - Byblos is a really good one, though. If you haven't been, go! The food is delicious and it's nice to try something different from the usual Italian, Steak, Chinese, Sushi, etc... The lamb kabobs are our favorite! There was a belly dancer when we were there - very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.