678 Washington Street
Norwood, MA 02062Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.byblosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7817628998
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us for our annual New Year's Eve Bash at Byblos. 3 course gourmet Lebanese dinner, mezza, and champagne with musical guest George Maalouf! $125 per ticket. Buy your tickets today at 781-762 8998.
A word from Byblos
Maurice Daaboul and family’s Byblos is the Boston area’s premier eatery since 1996 for authentic, homemade Lebanese cuisine. Located in the heart of Norwood, Massachusetts, Byblos offers all the best features of Lebanese dining, including a large hall where feasts are laid out in traditional Lebanese Maza style to the tune of live Arabic music and oriental belly dancing. At Byblos we pride ourselves on bringing freshness, authenticity and service to our valued customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Byblos reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (15)romantic (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent FoodphlhVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is as good as moms cooking. Delicious chicken kabobs, and the garlic/toum sauce is amazing.Special Features:
- rkaranDined on 8/15/2014The filafels at Byblos were by far the best I've tasted. This is including those I've eaten during a 10-year stint in the Middle East. The yogurt sauce was excellent as were the shawarma , the kibbe, the chicken kabab, kofta kabab entrees. The wait staff were friendly and very helpful. The quantity of food is quite large too. If you plan on finishing off your entrees, it may be a good idea to skip the appetizers.Special Features:
- Fun evening with fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We went to bring a friend to celebrate his birthday and were not disappointed. The food was plentiful and delicious. Very fresh but more fun was the entertainment. The band plus belly dancing available on Friday and Saturday evening made it a totally enjoyable evening. The owner is warm and friendly and makes a point to welcome all guests. Truly a fun night. It does get noisy once entertainment starts but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBostongirlVIPDined on 7/27/2014Byblos has fantastic Lebanese food which is always consistent. A definite family favorite. The wait staff worked hard and hustled through the crowd but their personalities could use some overhauling.
- Lots of optionsSuburbanMomDined on 6/27/2014I am mostly vegetarian, but my family eats meat, so it can sometimes be a challenge to find a restaurant that satisfies all of us. Byblos is wonderful because there are so many vegetarian choices, and meals can be customized by ordering a series of Mezzas and side dishes or picking one of the combination plates. The portions are generous, so there is no fear of leaving hungry. I come back most often for the falafel (crispy outside and light and soft inside), and the lemony hummus with lovely paper-thin pita. The ambiance is what I would describe as "old school" with waitstaff in tuxedo shirts and bowties, but the service is always attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food .... Great serviceIndyDined on 6/20/2014This is the closest thing to actually eating in Lebanon. The food and the entertainment are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaggieDined on 6/17/2014I enjoyed a lovely meal with friends. The meal was well prepared and delicious. We didn't feel rushed at all. Fresh roses on each table was a wonderful touch. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Meeting friends.ElizabthDined on 6/14/2014We had a great dinner, everyone enjoyed there choices. The waitstaff was attentive. The wine was good. Music and entertainment was very enjoyable. Pleasant environment and low noise level allows for friends to converse. No one rushes you out and we were encouraged to stay and enjoy the entertainment.Special Features:
- So wonderfulGrannyDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Byblos many times, & The food is amazing except for 2 errors. 1st, about a year ago, we ordered the baklavah, always a very small portion of 3 pieces, but then was not even all baklavah, and was not delicious. We haven't ordered it since, so can't report on any change. The 2nd was just the other evening. A special was described as thinly sliced chicken with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts, with a gravy, over rice. The comment from the person who had it was that the chicken was dry and tasteless, and that the gravy was both too little and not complementary. He said that it was a fabulous vegetarian dish that someone decided to add chicken to. But the leftovers without the chicken were much enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese in Boston AreaBusinessLuncherDined on 6/8/2014This is probably the best Lebanese restaurant in Boston area. You should ask about the options for family style menu. I particularly like ordering family platter and order appetizers separately, cause it could be too much food to order the full family style.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant!!!DebbyBDined on 6/7/2014We love Byblos! The food is fabulous, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is unbeatable. We love the belly dancers. We have dined here many times and have never had a bad experience. The owner is a soulful man with a large heart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentMassfoodieVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is our go-to place when we are in the area and we are never disappointed. The food is always fresh and the staff welcoming and friendly. The house and other salads are refreshing. Try one of the specials, such as the sheikh el meshi, and one of the Lebanese wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBostongirlVIPDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant is consistently good. We really enjoyed our dinner. The service was a little off perhaps due to it being extremely busy but overall it was a very enjoyable dining experience.
- Yummy Mideast Feast!internationalfoodjunkieDined on 5/23/2014Byblos was a great dining experience for our foursome of friends. We had a friend who was looking for Lebanese food, in particular and they did not disappoint! Only issue was talking over the very loud band. The atmosphere was quite friendly, overall, but we could not hold a conversation once the band got going! Great food, though, and I would highly recommend it for those looking for a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePatbDined on 5/20/2014Byblos was very nice. The hummus was the best I have ever tasted. It was served with warm pita bread. The kabobs were good and the portions were large. We have never had Lebanese food before so I can't compare it to other Lebanese restaurants.Special Features:
- Testing it outKaralex21Dined on 5/17/2014I wanted to Taist the food at this restuarant thinking it's more of Armenian middle eastern but it was not. It was more Arabic middle Easter place with its kinds of food. The food was good cooked well but not to fond of some of the Taist from the appetizers. When I called the person on the phone said they will have live entertainment and there is a place to dance,,2-3 hours we were there and it was only keyboard player than around 10 a belly dancer came. It disapoiented me that there was no dance floor to dance than I noticed there was a function room with a small dance floor. I was thinking about doing a occasion there but now I changed my mind. Overall it wasn't bad, good to go there once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointTrevVIPDined on 5/14/2014As usual, very good. Price is always right. Would like some more creativity on desserts.Special Features:
- Big mistakeBobbyDined on 5/11/2014We were at Byblos for Mother's Day and while the food was ok, the menu was very limited to just 2 options to choose from. Also the waitress was rude and not friendly at all. We have a toddler and was told that we would pay a flat fee for her even if she doesn't get her own dish because they don't allow food sharing. That was very odd and we almost left after we were told that. Finally an 18% tip was automatically added to the bill and charged to my card without even asking for permission. I found this to be odd. Nevertheless, my wife asked me to never bring her to this place again. So much for a special Mother's Day
- 2nd time less a charmhappyfranDined on 5/10/2014We bumbled on this restaurant after leaving a long day on the "auto mile" back in January and had a great meal. Thought we try again as a Mom's Day dinner on Sat PM but the service was dreadful and the food was just not as good. Not sure how to account for the inconsistency?
- A can't miss destinationmurray300VIPDined on 5/9/2014This place is just sooooo good! The food is simply the best here and always has been since its humble beginnings in a tiny little storefront nearby. The very warm host, Maurice, is a nice as can be always checking to see that all his guests are happy. If I have one issue it is the loud ethnic music on some weekend nights that make it difficult to converse with the other members of your party that, at least for me, we were going out with in order to catch up with and enjoy their company. I have no doubt that for many patrons the music is a plus, just not for me. So, no big problem, we just either avoid those nights or come on the early side so we are finished before the music begins.Special Features:
- The following 211 reviews are from the Byblos reviews archive.
- Good food and entertainment!CookiesDined on 4/26/2014As always the food is presented very well and the service from the host to the server was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodPal3Dined on 4/23/2014You can never go wrong when eating at Byblos. A go to restaurant when you can't decide. And a reservation on a Saturday evening is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This the place for middleeasternluv2eatDined on 3/15/2014This the place for middleeastern food. We were there on a Friday night when the restaurant has live music. There was a birthday party in progress in the next room, but it was more like the whole restaurant was a part of the celebration when the dancing started because diners were in close proximity to the open doors dividig the rooms. The rooms are quite large (front to back) and did not seem cramped. Extensive menu items to choose from and if the vegetarian combo I ordered is any indication, bring your appetite, my serving was plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly with Delicious FoodAbbyDined on 3/15/2014Can't wait to go back. The Trip from RI was worth it for family. We chose to celebrate my brother's birthday there and we will return for more special occasions. The food is plentiful and truly a taste of Lebanon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but too loudTSweeneyDined on 3/8/2014Delicious food, friendly service, plentiful portions but the live entertainment the night we were there was far too loud. We were with friends we had not seen in a year, and trying to have a conversation once the music began was near impossible without requiring us to raise our voices. If conversation will be part of your dining experience, try going on a night when live entertainment is not scheduled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!DebSDined on 3/2/2014We have been going to Byblos for years and it never disappoints!!! It is great for lunch or dinner and definitely family dining.Special Features:
- Something A Little DifferentJackieHVIPDined on 3/1/2014We have so many restaurants to choose from these days - Byblos is a really good one, though. If you haven't been, go! The food is delicious and it's nice to try something different from the usual Italian, Steak, Chinese, Sushi, etc... The lamb kabobs are our favorite! There was a belly dancer when we were there - very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Mid-Eastern food fix!ShelliVIPDined on 3/1/2014Upbeat atmosphere and very friendly staff makes this an enjoyable night out when you have to have a grape leaf or Baba Ghannouj fix! Good apps. Limited wine by the glass and rather pricey for those they have. Salad very fresh. hoomis little dry for our liking, but pita bread very fresh and soft. Make sure to request rare for the lamb or beef dishes ie shish-ka-bob if you want moist. Very flavorful. Chicken tender and rice delish. Belly dancing (sat. nights)was very entertaining. All in all a good time and decent eats for a local place if you got the craving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lebenese Food. As closewayneDined on 2/22/2014Great Lebenese Food. As close to mom's as possible. Excitement added by a belly dancer. The sound system was loud during the dancing and distorted, taking away from the enjoyment. The baklawa was a little dry. The leftovers were excellent the next day. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfulmnoormo1VIPDined on 2/21/2014From the food (2 big family platters) to the entertainment (George Malouf), Byblos hit a home run this particular evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for exotic flavorful diningFabienDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's day. The food and ambiance were up to our expectations: excellent, flavorful Lebanese food, with great belly dancing and music. The manager was extremely nice and caring, both when we came in and during dinner, even if the place was full. That was overall a very good evening. The wine list included some very good Lebanese wine, as well as more regular options such as French or American. Due to the occasion, our server was a bit overwhelmed however, and forgot to bring a salad that came with the main dish. We didn't ask for it since the meal was already very consistent. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend, for either regular dining or a special occasion. We are planning to go again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantJDiFlaminiesDined on 2/14/2014Food was as good you could ask for. Ther falafel was the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Love Middle Eastern FoodemvelezDined on 2/11/2014Byblos is such a nice restaurant. My friend and I went on a Tuesday evening and is was very quiet. I hope it is livelier later in the week because it deserves to be so. The tables have cloth covers which is always so nice and cloth napkins. Parking on the street is readily available in Norwood Center. The food is delicious Greek/Middle Eastern with many interesting choices. We had the Platter #2 and could not finish it. The waiter kindly divided it in two for us to take home. Had it for supper the next night! I recommend this lovely gem to all and sundry. I have been here before with my husband. I want to back and try some other dishes such as the lamb. And the desserts if I have room ;)Special Features:
- okEEEsteDined on 2/9/2014This was my 2nd visit..... service both times just fair.... food was ok ... appetizers much better than main dishes... Shrimp kabobs with shrimp in shells was freekey .. it was not tasty either.Special Features:
- Check with customers about musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Loud music seems to restrict customers to talk among themselves. It would be nice to check with them whether music should be played or if they prefer in a different area to avoid loud music
- I felt like I was at Sitti's tablefleecyDined on 2/2/2014The waiter was very nice, attentive to the two food allergies we had at the table. He explained the various foods to us, as most people had never had any middle eastern food. I am fortunate enough to have tasted the real thing at my adoptive grandmother's table. The food was so fresh, I think they made is just for us. I will be back for more.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningDaisyVIPDined on 2/1/2014We were referred to Byblos by a Lebanese friend who said it's the only place his family will go for Lebanese food - that's high praise! And the evening lived up to everything we had heard about it. The food was out of this world. The service was friendly and we were even treated to belly-dancing by a lovely young woman who moved beautifully & tastefully to exquisite music. It was a wonderful evening and we'll definitely make the 35-min. trip to Byblos again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2014Went with two other couples on a Saturday night and were pleased to see it busy. Belly dancer for entertainment was added bonus. Food was really outstanding, but service was quite slow. It took us twenty to thirty minutes just to get a round of drinks. The interior is a little tired, looks more like a function room than a restaurant. But overall a good experience and we would return.Special Features:
- Local MiddleeasternOmnivoreDined on 1/18/2014Great local restaurant for all ages. Authentic Lebanese. Bellydancing on weekends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressEEEsteDined on 12/21/2013Food quite good and plentiful...Waitress was a bit too friendly and when everything was fine she was happy as soon as one person in the party wasn't pleased with an item she backed away and was very hard to find to finish the mealI would recommend this to a friend.