Byblos - Toronto
11 Duncan Street
Toronto, ON M5V 3M2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Byblos - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.byblostoronto.com/
- Phone: 647-660-0909x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close; Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Stuart Cameron
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Byblos - Toronto
Byblos represents a marriage of Eastern Mediterranean cuisine with strong influences from both traditional and local ingredients, using time-honored classic cooking techniques and modern methods. Executive Chef Stuart Cameron (Weslodge and Patria), has created dishes that showcase the regionally-specific spices and flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean seaboard to craft a menu that will be a true coastal and cultural mosaic, served family style in a convivial atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Byblos - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Byblos - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (29)hot spot (26)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (19)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Everything was so delicious!lovetodineDined on 8/30/2014Cocktails were creative & tasty, wine list was comprehensive. Service was professional & friendly & always on point. The real star of the evening was the food. The menu is meant for sharing & we were guided though the choices by our server. We started off with crispy squid which was done very well & had a great seasoning. Then we had 2 dry aged rib eyes with a zaatar butter for the table & a branzino fish wrapped in leaves (grape leaves maybe?) and a basmatti rice dish. This rice was so good I am still thinking about it! Every dish had perfect distinct flavour of it's own. After our main dishes they brought out 2 orders of the Kanafeh with candles for us (on the house) which was so good & such a nice touch! Thank you Byblos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired MenuIzzysmamaDined on 8/27/2014Unusual flavor combinations make this middle-eastern fusion restaurant a winner! The duck kibbeh was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sampireVIPDined on 8/26/2014http://sampirebites.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-best-starts-with-byblos/Special Features:
- ExcellentLittleBlueVIPDined on 8/23/2014The entire experience was really good, our waiter was very knowledgeable, friendly and intelligent, food was exceptional. I only hope that they can keep this up. Tables are really close, so not much privacy for a conversation, better focus on food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food got to try it allmichelleDined on 8/22/2014went here with 5 friends, we ordered approx 10 dishes. Everything was great, lots of flavour. would go back!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceSandieDined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious and very creative with flavours and presentation. The service was terrible. We waited for over 21/2 hrs for our main meal. We were neglected until we started to look for a manager which was nowhere to be seen. In the end our drinks & deserts were taken off the bill but this dies not make up for our neglect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mediterranean LebaneseOliverDined on 8/19/2014If you are a foodie and would like to try Excellent Mediterranean Lebanese cuisine with a TWIST, this will be your restaurant in Toronto. We went twice in one week! Every dish is great. Don't miss on the lamb ribs!Special Features:
- Wow!TanyaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The flavors of the dishes are amazing. High recommend and would go back. Beef tartar...so good!Special Features:
- A load of fun and excellent food!MJFrostVIPDined on 8/12/2014OUTStandingly Delicious!! Great food an awesome service. Must go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This little gem lived up to the reviews posted by other like minded food lovers. The food was fresh, had fabulous taste combinations that complimented everything on the plates perfectly. Excellent and knowledgable service. Modern and funky place but still full of character and individuality.Special Features:
- amazing foodluv2dineDined on 7/28/2014Everything we had as part of our meal was so delicious. I rarely bother to write reviews but the food here is really outstanding. Great atmosphere and service. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!BronnieDined on 7/22/2014We ordered a bunch of different sharing plates and each one was unique and absolutely delicious. The service was attentive and every dish was explained in detail. I highly recommend Byblos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do itIllinoisvikingDined on 7/18/2014If you are thinking about coming to Byblos, DO IT!! You will not be disappointed. We went based on many other reviews and we were not led astray. We like to try new restaurants and different food. We had never been to Byblos as we don't live in Toronto. The waiter was very helpful in helping us choose our selections. He did not steer us wrong. We loved everything. He kept our water glasses full and food was brought out at the right time. He even suggested drinks. I wanted to try them all! We left full and happy. If I were to give a knock against anything it would be that they charged for the refill of soda my daughter ordered. Oh well, it wouldn't stop me from going back!Special Features:
- SusoDined on 7/14/2014Great experience, ideal to try a range of mediteranean and middle eastern dishes.Special Features:
- Amazing!KlamVIPDined on 7/9/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant. We were heading to a concert and had to be out in just over an hour. Our server was extremely accommodating and helpful. He had wonderful recommendations that were time sensitive. Everything was delicious, especially the Gulab drink (with rose, lemon and cardamom) as well as the lamb ribs and fig salad. We will be back again!Special Features:
- tasty food and beautiful settingMireilleVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is one of the best experience we have had in a restaurant for a long time. Every dish tastier than the other.... the use of spices done to perfection. An elegant and special experience in middle east food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- torontiffVIPDined on 7/2/2014If you're over 40, you might want to make sure you get out before 10pm when the DJ starts up and makes the space deafening. Long wait times for really unique food. NOT for before theatre. Great for a date that you really want to talk with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerrondamicVIPDined on 6/30/2014Have been to Byblos 4 times already, and it's always a treat. The service is superb as is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailGailDined on 6/24/2014This was my third time at Byblos because the food is great! Fresh, delicious, not what one may expect because we are not exposed to much high end Middle Eastern food in Toronto. Crispy eggplant was amazing, as was everything we had. Great service and very interesting wine list.Special Features:
- great addition to t.o food scenenosheriniDined on 6/24/2014The cooking is a,great mix of classic snd inventive, the food very good and well presented, the service superb. Looming forward to my next visit, want to try everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DonesirdinealotVIPDined on 6/23/2014The octopus was wonderful and the hand-rolled couscous was texturally delicious. Cocktails were a hit and our server was attentive. Eric, the manager was very friendly, accommodating and professional. Kudos.Special Features:
- For a fun evening out.....foodieVIPDined on 6/4/2014This is a great place to go with a group so you can order lot's of great dishes. The concept is Tapas style, Middle Eastern, Turkish and Israeli food. We enjoyed our dinner, the food was also a good value. The Shakshouka was a standout, the crispy eggplant and the Kibbeh ( similar to falafel only better) were also memorable. The cauliflower side was amazing! Mr. Harji was present and this is why the restaurant although quite new runs so smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting, tasty and chiceat4freedomDined on 5/26/2014Have the dumplings! The menu is a little complicated, with many unfamiliar (for some) ingredients, but the passionate and attentive staff make it easy by recommending their favourites and all our plates were really delicious. Our waiter was quiet, but always present when we needed anything. The wine he suggested, Nigl - Austrian, was great. Late sun flooded in the low windows as we arrived (late May, 18:30p.m.).Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Byblos - Toronto reviews archive.
- warrenDined on 5/5/2014I read good things about this place. But it surpassed expectations. Food was interesting and delicious. It was food derived from the Middle East but unlike any I have had before. So delicious and the varied flavors me for a sensational meal.the service was as suburb as the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SmoothTheatreGoerDined on 4/23/2014Refined, precise, and contemporary approach to near eastern cuisine - think Turkey, think Lebanon and Israel etc. Tantalizing taste combinations appear throughout a well designed menu. Figs meet kohlrabi and pistachio in a delightfully fresh salad. Small plates and larger allow opportunities to sample a variety. You should try many! Service was attentive courteous and clearly informed. Numerous friendly servers. Loved this place!
- Announced as restaurant, is a barConfusedVIPDined on 11/15/2013I used Open Table to find a restaurant with 'french' food in Toronto. The closer place to my hotel was 'cocktail parlor', that is advertised as restaurant. They only serve few (like 10 different to choose from) appetizers at a premium price, flavor and presentation are excellent, but at a premium cost, like a bar, not a restaurant at all. Went there for dinner, were very disappointed. should not be advertised as restaurant.Special Features: