Byblos - NYC
80 Madison Ave.
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $31 to $50
Byblos - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.byblosny.com/
- Phone: 2126870808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area
- Catering: Let us cater your next event. No party is too big or too small. Contact us to customize your menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining is available upon request. Please contact us at 212-687-0808 to setup a private party.
- Private Party Contact: Sabeh Kachouh 2126870808
- Entertainment: Join us every Friday and Saturday night for live music and entertainment. Our one man show Nadim lights up the night with all the latest hits from Lebanon as well as many classic ones. The night is also topped off with a beautiful belly dancing show. A perfect way to celebrate a special occasion or just a night out in NYC!
A word from Byblos - NYC
Byblos is a family owned and operated restaurant. We only use the freshest and finest ingredients available. Our recipes are sure to please any palate. We offer a wide variety of grilled kebobs, vegetarian dishes, seafood, and chef's specials for that just like home taste and quality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Byblos - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
- Terrific Lebanese FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I discovered the joys of Lebanese and Middle Eastern food on visits to London and have been searching for a similar experience in NYC. Byblos is the best so far. Food is tasty, modestly priced and it is a great restaurant to come with a group. Their grill turns out uniformly tasty chicken, lamb and kebabs. Inexpensive Lebanese wines and great fresh mezzes make this a great place to enjoy a fun dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Lebanese food!Weluv2goeatDined on 3/2/2014Took my family of 7 for lunch on a Sunday and everyone enjoyed! Great taste, reasonable prices! Recommend it!! All the salads were yummy and perfect to share. The whole fish, Bronzino was delicious!!! Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great time!BusinessontheroadDined on 1/31/2014Last minute reservation that turned into a keeper! Great service and really really good appetizers! Could fill up just doing a "tapas" thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperienceBill476Dined on 1/27/2014Took a business colleague from London and our wives. Food was quite good....simple, tasty grilled meets. Family run and very warm atmosphere. Quiet and spacious, so great for business meetings and conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experiencePickyeaterDined on 1/25/2014We were seated promptly upon arrival. Food is top-notch. Service was extremely hospitable. We were greeted by the owner. Appetizers were great, ranging from the spinach pie to hummus, falafel and fava beans. We like the freshness of the seafood and mixed grill. Portions are generous; come hungry! Overall, consistent and a great third visit to the restaurant. The restaurant was spacious, well-lit and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese Food in NYCMidtownFoodieDined on 12/28/2013Byblos was recommended to me by my friend who is Lebanese who said that Byblos is the best Lebanese restaurant in NYC. I agree. We ordered the hummus with pine nuts, the Lebanese sausage appetizer, the mixed grill entree and the grilled branzino, all of which was delish, especially the branzino. We also ordered a bottle of Lebanese wine which was fantastic. Byblos is best for large groups. They easily accommodated a birthday party for 50 people while we were there + several other groups of 5-8 people. In fact, we were the only table of 2. It's not a particularly beautiful restaurant and it doesn't have much ambiance, but the excellent service, great food and live music make it a fun dining experience. Our entire bill was $150. Not badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Went as a party of six, many restaurants in the area had only after 8pm dinner on a Saturday evening, but Byblos came through! Outstanding service from the initial greeting to the two waiters who served our party. We were new to Lebanese cuisine, but the waiter recommended the price fixed dinner which included a large appetizer sampler, our individual choice of main course, plus Lebanese dessert and coffee. We definitely will return when in the New York City area, and I highly recommend Byblos to friends and anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Byblos on ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013- Making reservations was easy - Service was excellent - Appetizers were wonderful - Food was very good with the exeption of the lamb, which was dry - Very happy that Byblos is back in the area....often enjoyed lunch at the original venue, before the fire - Dining room is lovely and spacious, good for groups as well as two peopleSpecial Features:
- so yummy!sroseDined on 11/26/2013I needed a last minute restaurant for dinner after work with family. We all like to try different kinds of food, and we are no strangers to Mediterranea/Lebanese dishes. Everything was superb! The appetizer list was fantastic, and if you like to try a little bit of everything, Byblos is great to order a bunch of different appetizers or bakery items to share. Between four of us, we shared the garlic dip, falafel, meat pie, spinach pie, cheese pie, chopped salad, hummus, and chicken kebobs--all were incredible! The waitress also kept bringing me extra tahini, because I said I loved it so much. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food like my grandmother used make!MedFoodCriticDined on 11/20/2013If you love Lebanese food you will love this restaurant. The spices are perfect and the food unbeatable. The squash in yogurt sauce is my favorite. We had an early dinner and the restuarant was not too busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013I had an early dinner (7pm) on saturday with my wife and the restaurant was quite empty. Service was quick and nice and the same was food. They have a good wine list at decent prices. While we were leaving a big Group of lebanes came in for a family gathering. I guess this a good sign of the restuarnt being a real lebanes one. Overall, I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHalaDined on 11/2/2013Great atmosphere and friendly party & lively music. If you appreciate middle eastern music and dance you will love it. Very nice family style, but lots of fun.Special Features:
- All around eveningpoopsDined on 9/28/2013Group of 3 gals. Had wonderful evening. Excellent drinks at the bar, great service at the table, wonderful music , wonderful dancer, friendly patrons. Everyone got up to dance Lebonese belly dancing. Good food. Fun evening. Will go again.Special Features:
- First time there, would goEZandFun2Dined on 9/21/2013First time there, would go back. Food and service were great. Genuine Lebanese cuisine with no excuses needed. Decor, ambiance, service and overall experience was superb. A great find for NYC. Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic LebaneseLuv2eatDined on 9/16/2013I love Lebanese food I come to Byblos to eat , enjoy and remember my mother's home cooking. The food in general is delicious and authentic . The price is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Special.AlhubDined on 9/13/2013The food was ok. The wine list was really poor and The place was boring.
- good food empty restaurant.texasdaveDined on 9/6/2013Wife and I came to NYC for weekend getaway. Food was excellent and surprised that the restaurant was empty. Prices excellent for mid-town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpaceniceguysethVIPDined on 9/5/2013Byblos has a lovely quiet space and nice decor. The hummus was awesome and all the vegetarian sides were great. My fish was overcooked but the kitchen sent out a new one asap. The staff was really attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lebanese food ... servicelesvanSteenDined on 8/17/2013Great Lebanese food ... service under Daniel was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013Family run Byblos prepares classic Lebanese food the way my family did. Fresh, well prepared and presented food with just the right spices. The appetizers and entrees were delicious. The owner and staff were welcoming and professional. We went on a weeknight and plan to return on a weekend for the music and belly dancer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2013Food was delicious, but the service was incredibly slow (albeit very friendly). The restaurant wasn't crowded, so it was inexcusable. It's too bad the service was such a sore point, because the food was quite fresh and nicely done.Special Features:
- Tasty and EntertainingHamovVIPDined on 7/20/2013Just love this place. The food and appetizers are just awesome. Also, you can't beat the affordable wine selection for NYC. The belly dancer was great and recommend arriving later to see it (after 9PM) as she performs between 10:30 to 11:00. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome "different" placeMikeDined on 7/19/2013First time trying Lebanese and this was a great place to start. This restaurant isn't cheap by any means but it is very high quality. The service is impeccable. I highly recommend the mixed grill and the striped bass as entrees. My guest and I split something that was similar to a quesadilla, however with goat cheese and seasonings, that was amazing. All in all this is a beautiful restaurant that you will love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not InterestingIxtrisDined on 7/14/2013We thought this would be a fun and interesting spot for dinner, but it felt like the restaurant had just opened for the first time. No drink orders were solicited until, after the menus had been delivered, we requested a wine list. The food took forever to come (after waiting 20 minutes, the waiter came over and said that one of our appetizers was "sold out," and there were only about 10 diners in the restaurant) and then was notably lacking in any character. Bland would be an appropriate description.
- It's a real family atmosphere.TeresiniaDined on 7/12/2013It's a real family atmosphere. we enjoyed the food and the good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemSpeedoboynyDined on 6/30/2013Recommended by a Lebanese friend. Food was fantastic and the staff was very nice and helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- The food was good but theSocratesDined on 6/29/2013The food was good but the service, bad. Our imported Lebanese waiter had a terrible English, did his job just because... they need to get professional waiters who enjoy their job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - loud live musicYummyVIPDined on 6/21/2013The dinner was great and they accomodated a big group very well. There was live entertainment which was great, however it was WAY too loud. I felt as though I had to yell when speaking even to the person sitting right next to me. I appreciated the entertainment and eveyrone in the restaurant did as well (people were dancing and singing along) but it was hard to enjoy the company of everyone at the table when we couldn't really communicate over the singing. I would go back for the food for certain but I would proably make sure I was further from the singer.Special Features:
- Nice experienceRose624VIPDined on 5/28/2013I went here for the second time to their new location. The food and the service were good.
- The real lebaneseNeedsNYBoostVIPDined on 5/15/2013Probably the best lebanese food in town. The raw kibbe is fenomenal. The lamb kebab divine and the grape leaf rolls are the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LebaneseKelbkabirVIPDined on 5/15/2013Really excellent Lebanese food. Attentive service with a member of the owner family always hovering near.Special Features:
- Loved all the food but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013Loved all the food but the green beans from a can???Special Features:
- Has a wonderful family-runBillDined on 3/21/2013Has a wonderful family-run feel. Service was very friendly and knowledgeable. Very good Lebanese food.Special Features:
- We had a very good time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2013We had a very good time. The appetizers were great and the main course was good although my lam wasa little chewy. The music was great and the dancing lots of fun!Special Features:
- This was not really worthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013This was not really worth the trip. The hummus was very good, but the service was terrible, and the food was not fresh. My peas were canned peas and mushy and not what I would have expected from a restaurant that was so well rated. Also, we had to ask the server 3 times to take our order, one of our entrees was wrong when it came out, and the ambiance made it seem like a set up from an ihop with plastic decor. On the upside, the server apologized profusely for not being able to serve us well and was cognizant of the fact that there were just too many people and too few servers to run a restaurant of that size. Apparently it is always an issue on Saturday nights when they have large parties coming in.
- Great restaurant with liveIvanoVIPDined on 3/9/2013Great restaurant with live music and great food. The service was little slow but we actually enjoyed more then many restaurants in NYC where they push you to eat fast and get out.Special Features:
- Nourriture moyenne. Ce n'estOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013Nourriture moyenne. Ce n'est pas un des bons libanais que j'ai mangé. Cependant le service était courtois et attentionné. Musique un peu forte.Special Features:
- Lebanese with entertainmentChichiVIPDined on 3/2/2013Best Lebanese food in mid town manhattan highly recommendSpecial Features:
- this is not a place to haveannyVIPDined on 3/1/2013this is not a place to have a quiet dinner. The music is too loud. the surround system is very poor. the food is great, but the atmosphere is pretty bad.
- Good for apps, entrees fell shortfinedinerVIPDined on 3/1/2013Had an interesting wine list with very good Lebanese wine. Hummus and Shankleesh apps were phenomenal, but entrees were mediocre at best. Lamb was dry and lacked flavor. We were there on the early side but the restaurant was completely empty. Guessing that is due to the entrees and prefix being a bit over priced.Special Features: