By Word Of Mouth
77 Aspen Leaf Dr
Big Sky, MT 59716Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
By Word Of Mouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bigskycatering.com/
- Phone: 4069952992
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from By Word Of Mouth
Fresh, local ingredients, seasonal menus, a casual atmosphere, and gourmet flavors - this is the list of ingredients that makes By Word of Mouth (By WOM for those in the know!) a cherished local favorite in Big Sky, Montana. Your dining experience will be topped off by our welcoming, attentive staff and our lively bar with handcrafted cocktails and an award-winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
By Word Of Mouth - Best Restaurants in Big Sky ›
By Word Of Mouth reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Much better second time aroundbrunchDined on 9/12/2014We decided to give the restaurant a 2nd chance. This time around service was friendly, helpful, and attentive. The menu variety is good. Food well prepared and well presented. I had the steak special and it was done just right. Wine list and cocktail list are good with nice variety and an international selection of wines. We ate here in January, 2014 and felt ignored by our server as our service was exceptionally slow.
- The following 12 reviews are from the By Word Of Mouth reviews archive.
- Local FlavorColinVIPDined on 4/15/2014The friendly waitstaff made our dinner a great experience. Pork meatballs were on point. Calamari was, too. The trout was excellent but it didn't even need the sauce it came with. Bison T-Bone rocked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty surprisesShariVIPDined on 3/9/2014This was a great find in an unlikely spot. One would not expect to find this culinary level in Big Sky next to a pizza joint in a strip. This was high end eating without the high end prices or stuffiness. Loved the calamari appetizer made with rice flour (it's been so long!), shrimp and risotto,salad with seared tuna, spinach pappardelle,lamb burger. Good drinks menu, too. Casual atmosphere...the kitchen is paying attention to what people like to eat which is NOT always bison, venison or elk ( seemingly the protein staples of Montana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/6/2014A hidden gem! Great energetic wait staff, delicious food that will receive top marks anywhere in the country...but especially fantastic for a ski town. Prices extremely fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBatmanAZDined on 10/23/2013We dined at BWoM while we were on vacation. We had a delightful experience. Got there early enough for happy hour and had some great martinis. Entrees were very enjoyable and staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem hidden in Big Sky!KenSVIPDined on 8/24/2013Our party of four dined at BWOM the other night - Wow is the best we could say. Casual, friendly welcome and service started our evening, but the highlight is the food. Our party - from Philly snd Seattle - have eaten at some good places, but the trout several of our group had was the best ever anywhere. The Ahi Tuna was also great, as were the desserts. As we have a place in Big Sky, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Big SkyCharlieDined on 8/3/2013Great Menu and good service in a Hole in the Wall Joint.......Would very much recommend if staying in Big SkySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013We thoroughly enjoyed out dinner. The trout was delicious. My husband had the shrimp and loved it. It is a small restaurant where the food is excellent. It is kid friendly. Be sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but expecting moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2013We heard this was an excellent restaurant, so we wanted to try it. When we first arrived, it was so warm, that we asked to be moved to the bar area where it was a little cooler. It could be because the windows were closed due to the rain. Two of us ordered the Pork Osso Buco, (pork shank), one of whom loved it and the other who found it way too much work to eat. The other two ordered the Caesar Salad, which we both thought was mediocre with a lot of greens and not a whole lot else. I personally would be willing to try it again as it has so many good reviews that I'd like to try something else. Julie, our waitress, was lovely and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was awesome and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013service was awesome and food was excellent. recommended!Special Features:
- Delicious!!LisaVIPDined on 6/25/2012The SPINACH PAPPARDELLE was house made and hand cut tossed with matchstick vegetables, portabella mushrooms and tomatoes and finished with Marsala cream, parmesan & fresh basil oil and it was out of this world. I asked if the chef could add shrimp which he did without hesitation. It was truly amazing. The lava cake with homemade coffee ice cream was excellent. It was hard to believe the place was empty--the food was fantastic and the service was great. This place is a MUST!!!Special Features:
- View with a BinCruiser2013Dined on 6/22/2012Recyling Bin should be hidden from the front window's view, taking away what could be a scenic view.Special Features:
- Made us all feel comfortable,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2012Made us all feel comfortable, including 9-month-old baby.Special Features: