By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill
4565 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.btbbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (408) 248-6244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: Su-M 3:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: T-Sa 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Furiosi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us help you with your event planning, whether you"re hosting an event in-house or meeting at a off-site location. We have options to meet your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: By-Th'-Bucket has a private Banquet Room for your Corporate Meetings, Wedding or Private Dining options. The room can hold up to 40 guests.
We've proudly served events such as:
Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers, Business Meetings, Afternoon Mixers, Business Dinners, Wine Tastings
All Banquet Packages Include:
House salad, cheesecake dessert, coffee and iced tea. Price is per person.
The Chef has created 6 different suggested packages on our Banquet Menu
Ask Natalie & the Chef about Custom Banquet Packages Min. of 20 required to reserve Private Banquet Room
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Ceglia 4082486244x
A word from By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill
The restaurant specializes in seafood dishes and hearty comfort foodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (33)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (21)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)romantic (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Friday night dinner spotDinaglVIPDined on 11/21/2014Yummy paella, perfect Cosmo, only missing expresso/cappuccino - surprised they don't have this in an Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good is always good and consistent but not serviceMGL576Dined on 11/14/2014Overall food is always good and consistent. However, service was bad. Our waiter was not very cordial, not a people person, we asked for regular butter 3 x and never brought it, he also forgot to place our appetizer and after serving our food, he didn't really check in to see if everything is okay or if need anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Ok, Good but not greatGreyDined on 11/8/2014Used to rate 3 stars, revving up a bit - ever since we switched to ordering their signature Cioppino bucket, full of crab, mussels, clams, salmon pieces, calamari, small shrimp and prawns, our experience got better. A lot depends on which dishes you order. Also on where you're seated and your server's attitude. Enclosed area in the back - wouldn't recommend anyone to dine there, better off waiting to be seated in the main area. Despite reservations, still waited upwards of 20 mins. Water refills, had to take care of ourselves at one point. Best thing is Cioppino bucket. Next best Is the Spanish style Paella with similar seafood, with the exception of dry chicken. NO to spaghetti with meatballs, real bad, and NO to French onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bucket listsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Basically we had 2 salads which were quite bland and too expensive. Everything was way overpriced. Spent $100 and came away very disappointed. No longer serve burvgers and ribs. Last time we go there.
- Great Italian & seafood!ekzooksVIPDined on 10/14/2014Until we found this restaurant we were missing our favorite haunt back east. Having moved here 3 years it took us a while to find this place and it seems to be the most closely guarded secret. Until recently they were not on Open Table and no one mentioned it but now that we found it we are spreading the word. Their Cioppino is amazing, fish is fresh and prepared well. The menu is extensive and sure to please the pickiest and did I mention the wine list? One of the best wine lists around and priced as if you bought directly from the winery.Special Features:
- MrRod157Dined on 10/11/2014The food was great and the service was very good. I had the blackened Salmon. I was excelent.Special Features:
- ShrimpeatouttoomuchDined on 10/10/2014We had 7pm reservations, sat us at 7:15 which was ok as it was packed. My husband and I got the same dish, but they did not look the same. The grilled shrimp was very dry on both of our plates. His plate had much more spinach than mine. The risotto tasted like rice pilaf. The girls got fettuccine which was just alright. Nearly done with my dinner, the waiter remembered that he forgot to bring the glass of wine I ordered. The service was friendly. Water was refilled often, a plus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Great place to eat! I've been dining here for many yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014Have heard about the BTB but have never gone. We had Shrimp Scampi and it was WONDERFUL. I thought the price was very reasonable for what you got as well. A lilttle dark inside for me which is strange as it is not a romantic resturant it is a sports bar. Tables are really close to each other so I can see how it could get loud. I had asked the server if anything came with the meal and he said NO. We declined appetizers deciding we'd add more later if hungry. To my surprise the meal came out w/Rice/vegi. That was misleading and could cause more people to buy other food they really do not need. All and All the food was the best we've have had at a local resturant and we will definatley go back and know what to expect now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTravelDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014The place has an unpleasant odor the staff busy and the noise level moderate.The physical space is tired and dated, the wine bottles that are used as decorations surrounding the main eating area are in need of a thorough dusting/cleaning.The menu is quite large has a generous wine selection.The shrimp scampi was served in what looked and tasted like a beurre blanc with capers.Tasted ok but definitely not scampi in its truest sense; accompanying rice and vegetables were shiny with oil/butter and pretty unpalatable.My guy's chicken was dry, the sauce was edible but the vegetables served with it were roasted, looked charred and presented unappetizing as well as tasting the same. Many end of meal plates were taken away with food barely touched.
- delicious fishOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014The snapper and trout were both excellent. Reservations definitely recommended.Special Features:
- CelebrationHazelDined on 9/26/2014This was a very special occasion for a friend and I to each bring our "kids" (adults) as a completely relaxed and social evening together. The last time we were all together was over 15 months ago and this was even more enjoyable than our last rendezvous at another prestigious restaurant in the Bay Area. Good humor, good food, good wine, good service, unhurried ambiance, and everything we asked for. We look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time managementLaurisDined on 9/21/2014The food was amazing but the service is a little slow, thanks God we did not have any hurry, because we expend 2 hours for dinner we wait a little bit for the them to take the order and more time for serving, but it was worth it, the food is delicious.Special Features:
- By-Th'-Bucket Bar & GrilleggplantDined on 9/20/2014We came to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We had reservations, we were seated almost right away when we arrived at the restaurant. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The bread served before the meal tasted hot out of the oven and was very good. The meal portions were very generous. We enjoyed dining here and would eat here again.Special Features:
- Great seafoodJessicaBabyVIPDined on 9/20/2014It was my first time there. The food was exceptionally good, especially the family size mussels and clams in a bucket and the lobster spaghetti. All other extrees are of much bigger portions than any other seafood or Italian restaurants I've been to. The only complaint I had was the waiter was in a rush all the time. I know it was busy that night, but it was hard to get his attention. From ordering to placing the dishes in table, he showed he was in a big rush. The busboys were courteous and nice though and helped a lot. Other than this, it's a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014My party did not find the food enjoyable. Our server messed up our order 2 separate times and was not very friendly.Special Features:
- good food...large portionsJayFromLAVIPDined on 9/19/2014a lovely neighborhood find, not stellar food but great comfort food, full bar, fantastic service and you WON'T go home hungry. definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Good Italian Food, Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014Relaxed ambiance and good Italian and Seafood cuisine are featured by this establishment. The pastas are good, suaces are excellent, and portions are very generous. Service is often a little slow due to too few wait staff on duty. This has been a consistent problem at every visit. However, wait staff are always friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- September 14Mom05112014Dined on 9/14/2014We have eaten at this restaurant quite a few times. We both had salmon which was delicious. We ordered a mushroom appetizer that was very good and large enough to serve 4. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the foodmuckleDined on 9/13/2014They have been around for years ,catering to families and varied tastes. It is nice to go to dinner where entire family can find something to eat and not whine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good qualityBobbyDDined on 9/12/2014Each time I go to By th Bucket, I am very satisfied with the delicious food offerings. Many restaurants overcook salmon, but here, it is always done just right. Sometime the service is slower than I like, but I forgive that. The SF Forty Niners memorabilia adds an interesting diversion for guests. I will return and bring out of town guests.Special Features:
- By-The-Bucket still has BucketsMickieDined on 9/10/2014I grew up in the S.F. Bay Area, and can remember when there were hardwood floors, a bar, and round tables. Peanuts, were served and the shells were thrown on the floor. The place has changed dramatically since then. No more peanuts, t.v. screens all over. The booths are uncomfortable. But the food is still excellent! The lobster spaghetti, was rich and tasted wonderful. The buckets of mussels & clams, were both amazing, in a great broth and cooked to perfection. Dipping bread in the juice of the bucket is highly recommended. The biggest problem is getting the waiter to bring more bread. I will go back. It is not cheap, and service could be better, but the food is excellent. And if you like clams there are none better.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedMBB3Dined on 9/7/2014We've dined here many times and I've always had the linguine & clams and loved it. This time I tried the Calamari Steak Dore and found it lacking in flavor. It was nicely cooked, but boring and without much sauce. The veggies were excellent. My dining partner had the Catfish Putanesca and thought it was delicious. I'd noted on my OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, but apparently the message was overlooked as nothing was suggested or done to commemorate this event. Lastly, we were seated near a table with screaming children. I know this isn't the restaurant's fault, but it just added to a disappointing dining experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food was outstanding as always. Service was excellent as well. Enjoyed the evening there. Had four high school kids in the group and they all were pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggersVIPDined on 9/1/2014We shared the red snapper and it was absolutely scrumptious! It was prepared to perfection. Also, the tiramisu we selected for dessert was fantastic as well! The service was outstanding too. We'll certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!CathiDined on 8/29/2014Took some friends here for a birthday celebration, although my husband and I have been going for years. As usual the food was great and the service was wonderful. We had a group of 8 and wanted to sit in the bar where it is fun and noisy, like we were. They accommodated with a great spot in the corner which worked perfect for our group. Alicia, our server and I believe an owner??, waited on us. What a great experience. She is awesome and even as busy as she was, she never lost a beat! It was as though we were the only people in the restaurant. As I say, we eat here quite often and usually in the bar area, and the food is always wonderful. Our friends were quite surprised, since most of them had not been in years. All were very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Bucket!EllenDined on 8/23/2014and come here often. The food is consistently good, and the portions are huge!Special Features:
- Good Food, but slow serviceLJohnsonDined on 8/23/2014Loved our food!! Got our appetizers quickly, but our entrees were slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemhomeisbestDined on 8/18/2014With a party of twelve, on a Monday night we got seated easily, in a generous space, by a helpful hostess. A beautiful, large fish tank dominated the kitchen area. Everybody liked their food, prices were moderate for the quality. Service was a little slow for my taste but others said "serving twelve is harder". This place is popular for good reasons!Special Features:
- Always deliciousMarkRVIPDined on 8/17/2014Although By-th-Bucket is new to OpenTable, we've been going there for years! Nearly every dish I've tried has been delicious, but I'm especially fond of the lasagna (with bolognese sauce) and the catfish meuniere. My wife loves the seafood linguini and is also a fan of the paella.I would recommend this to a friend.
- hit and misslindenDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has a few good choices but is not consistent in the quality of food.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014The manager and the server do not know the menu.i asked if the smoked salmon, was really smoked and cooked on a smoker or cured. Server said "cooked", but it was cured, he and the manager didn't understand the difference. To top it off, found 2 hairs in my salad. I give the 2"stars", because the ciopinno was good. Won't be backSpecial Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 8/14/2014This place is a riot and it sounds like one. Kind of a fun place once in a while but noisy just fare food and waiter failed twice to find the bottle pf wine we wanted. But we will be back, sometime.Special Features:
- Make a reservationMadmap50Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I have enjoined dining at this great place. The selections offered on there classic menu with Italian overtones make "By-Th-Bucket" a most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Neighbourhood SpotSoccermum21Dined on 8/8/2014We eat at By th' Bucket frequently. We live within walking distance and the whole family loves this place. The service is excellent, the food tasty and the wine list is comprehensive. There are always many regulars and a great family feel. We've even eaten here for Thanksgiving!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014Great place huge menu something for everyone. Great seafood, best clam chowder in the Bay Area. Friendly upbeat service.Special Features:
- Very slow serviceJustmeDined on 8/4/2014We were seated on time to our reservation of 6pm. The restaurant was not full. Our main course was not served to us until 7pm. We did not have any delays on our side for ordering. Our drinks were not refilled in a timely manner and our server rarely checked in on us. Bussers were the ones we had to ask for drink refills, napkins, etc. The chicken parmesan was chewy (the meat likely had been frozen) and the tomato sauce bland. The two fish meals (specials on the menu) were very good. Some of the flatware already placed at our table had dried food still stuck on it. We will not be returning to this restaurant.
- The following 1 reviews are from the By-Th'-Bucket Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014as always, enjoyed dinner in a great spot! service is great. Food very good....halibut a little dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.