919 3rd Avenue
(56th Street between 2nd and 3rd Avenues)
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://endurony.com/
- Phone: 2127532874
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from BV's Grill
At BV's Grill, you can expect the same great food and service our guests are accustomed to at our other Bobby Van's locations. Conveniently located just east of Third Avenue at 56th Street, BV's Grill is a 3 minute walk from the 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, E, and M trains . As you walk in to our newest location you'll notice a modern yet elegant space with large banquettes and a glassed in open kitchen.Continued
The restaurant will be open seven days a week for lunch, brunch and dinner.
The restaurant will be open seven days a week for lunch, brunch and dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BV's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)fit for foodies (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- sleeperxxxxVIPDined on 9/16/2014Great place to eat for non big meal. The menu is perfect for light fare. So far nobody in neighborhood knows it exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mhappyDined on 9/6/2014the food, especially the steaks were very good. great out door dining, away from the street. plenty of room indoors, not on top of each other. very nice bar area. prices were reasonable, which was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Great food lunch crowd was absent but I enjoyed the silenceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentNickDined on 9/4/2014Food was amazing. Service was a little slow at first but it all worked out in the end. I found this at the last minute for a large group and they were more than happy to accommodate. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak is great...JayDDined on 8/27/2014Delicious steak. Large range of drinks. So loud with people at nearby table enjoying too many drinks - they need to work on the noise. Also need to make sure orders are correct. We had to send back two items not prepared as we ordered. Manager very friendly yet should be for over $100 a head.Special Features:
- High quality food, and quiet.KogiDined on 8/22/2014High quality food, good services, and quiet for business conversations. My favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just steaksBobDVIPDined on 8/21/2014The latest BV Grill is now the gem in midtown east. Nice locale on 3rd and 56th. Outside dining and huge bar inside add to a very relaxed experience. The staff is very attentive. The menu along with a very nice wine list makes for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MumaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great location, delicious food, friendly and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like salty hamburgersBoybuilderVIPDined on 8/6/2014While the place puts up a good front...a handsome interior and what seems to be a decent wait staff...the menu does not address the business neighborhoods needs...too much of the lunch menu emulates the dinner menu...and that's why Hillstone has waiting lines and BV has tables empty...also the hamburger tasted as if it had come from a salt mine, and the baked potato had to be memorialized...
- hockeymomDined on 7/25/2014The outdoor area was crowded but indoors there was almost no one on a summer Friday lunch. Our service was poor, especially considering how sparse the dining room was. In addition, the manager/owner? was speaking at the hostess desk about a patron that we actually knew. This was very unprofessional. Furthermore, they were referring to tables as "the Asian woman" the "Irish" table and we found this offensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workRTakVIPDined on 7/18/2014The good news is that the burgers and fries are fantastic. Top 10 in my book. Sadly, evertything else was fair to bad. Terrible service. Waiter mis-explained 3 dishes. I sent back the linguini w/"baby clams". They were huge and rubbery. Took 20 minutes to fire up a RARE burger. Everyone else was finished by the time my burger came back.. Perfect neighborhood location but unless they get their act together........
- ToucheeeVIPDined on 7/7/2014Great service. Very friendly amped accommodating staff.Special Features:
- Rainy nightmidtownVIPDined on 7/2/2014We were there on a very rainy evening and except for a group at the bar, the place was almost empty. Makes it difficult to really gauge the various factors.Special Features:
- Too pricey for what it isAPedrosoDined on 7/2/2014Food quality not worth the price. If you want beef, go somewhere else.
- ServeYyyyyyyyyyyyDined on 6/15/2014Food good, consistent. Service level has gone Dow from the last visit about two months ago.Special Features:
- HowardDined on 6/10/2014Nice restaurant. food is very good. enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The following 95 reviews are from the BV's Grill reviews archive.
- So Glad You're HereCoriDined on 5/22/2014BV Grill is a great addition to the neighborhood. Terrific food, fabulous service and beautiful surroundings. Its the perfect place for lunch or dinner any time of the week. Bring your friends, bring your family, they'll be glad you did. And, they'll want to come back soon.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNYUgradDined on 5/21/2014My family and I went here for lunch after my graduation. The service was impeccable, and the food was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BEST STEAK IN NYCJohnDined on 5/19/2014This place is AMAZING///the food here is delectable.came here for an early dinner after a hectic work week.and the service was awesome|our server shabir was supper attentive and patient.as(i'm very indecisive)but none the less he recommended the best dishes.seafood tower .yellowfin tuna tartare bone in ribeye lobster macaroni&cheese This is the only place i've been out with my fiance where he told the waiter the food was fantastic when they came by to check on our table really good food .my steak cooked to perfections i can't wait to come back >BEST STEAK HOUSE IN MIDTOWN BY FARSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new beginningFoodforthoughtVIPDined on 4/23/2014Having dined at the restaurant before the Bobby Van's crew reinvented the restaurant..... I was happy to see that a few items on the menu have been retained as part of the departed Enduro....specifically the veal meatball appetizer. The dish is not to be missed and should be a part of every dining experience at the restaurant. The USDA prime cut of beef absolutely delicious.....the roasted cauliflower side...amazing....the hash browns.....spot on.... Congrats to the Bobby Van folks for taking over and reinventing and elevating... a beautifully appointed restaurant....and certain to make a success of what was an underutilized lunch and dining spot in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Nice SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2014The food is good and the space is great, so if you find yourself in the neighborhood -- it's a good please to enjoy some dinner. Lots of space so you don't feel too crowded. It was perfect for what we wanted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice time!ColorineDined on 4/5/2014They easily accommodated our party of ten at a perfect rectangular table. It was 2 people on each end and 3 people on each side which made it so easy to chat with everyone. The food was delicious! I had scallops for starter and the ahi tuna for my main. We also shared a app of bacon- why not! The staff was so attentive and the manager was knowledgable and accommodating. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/5/2014Just a great overall experience. Excellent food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Good Food and DecorJCarissaVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food and decor were great. I'd definitely recommend trying the soft serve cheesecake dessert. The restaurant was nearly empty on a Friday night around 9:00pm/9:30pm and the service was a little slow. Would return for the food and ambiance, not for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocretyindoattitudeVIPDined on 3/28/2014service was less than attentive, chicken lacked flovor and burger was overcooked
- Went with Gilt voucherBreezeVIPDined on 3/19/2014We were treated just like any other customer which was excellent given how some restaurants treat voucher users poorly. Their small bites and appetizers had a much better variety than their entrees, but everything did taste delicious. The ribs were our favorite, as they gave you a lot and were very good.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceRudynhDined on 3/11/2014The food was good, nothing spectacular. The service however was outstanding. While Enduro is not at the top of my restaurant list, it is still worth a re-visit.Special Features:
- My meal was really disappointingLauraVIPDined on 2/20/2014My meal was really disappointing - the Caesar Salad lacked flavor and the lettuce wasn't green; my steak was dry and lacked flavor, also. Service was good, but no dice on the food.
- Great valueCourtsDined on 2/14/2014Went for the Valentine's Day prix fixe menu, which was an incredible amount of food and included a bottle of champagne. Food was excellent but service wasn't great and less than friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6 coursescocoDined on 2/14/2014Went with the girlfriend and has the chefs special valentine menu. Came with complimentary champagne. Everything was amazing. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally wentDrDooxVIPDined on 2/6/2014While the space is huge, and I suspect may present a problem long term, as small cramped places always seem to be busy, this was a wonderful dinner. We sat right away, and very much enjoyed our dinner. The sides were awesome, and we definitely over-ordered but wanted to try everything. Ribs were great, as was chicken and Tuna Tartare. Finally, our server, Sarah, was wonderful also. Highly recommend and will return often!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A decent restauranttwc275Dined on 2/1/2014The food and wine were terrific, but the desserts really stole the show. Overall, good service and food, though for the price you might expect a bit more ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite and deliciousNomNomNomDined on 2/1/2014We had a delicious Saturday morning brunch. We were horribly late for our reservation but they sat us down straight away. We shared a jumbo crab cake for our appetizer. It was so large and tasty and perfectly cooked. My friend had the burger and a side of sausage. He wanted to lick the plate clean! I had the challah French toast with baked apple, ricotta. If there is a French toast heaven...I had arrived. The baked apple was sweet and tender. The French toast was made with a super thick piece of bread, soft and almost with the consistency of a soufflé. We used a Gilt voucher and they were kind enough to swap cocktails for some juice. I'd say it was a perfect brunch and we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!7202Dined on 1/31/2014It was our first time to visit. food was great we had lobster and baby back pork ribs. awesome!! people were really friendly. and little bit dark but gorgeous interior as well. me and my wife had really great time. we'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why isnt this place busier?GPOPVIPDined on 1/17/2014The location and physical setup/layout of this place is great. Owners spared NO EXPENSE (why sound system so poor?) on this place. The food and service, if improved, would make this place AMAZING. Why don't these guys do IT? The menu sounded great and some dishes were good, others just OK. The service sb more professional. Wine list was interesting.Special Features:
- a real faveSandraBDined on 1/12/2014Though new, I've gone back to Enduro many times. I've taken my mother, I've interviewed a writer, I've met a date and, this week, I reunited with a group of former colleagues. The space is great -- it's big but cozy with all the exposed brick. It has nice lighting and very good acoustics. From appetizers (love the pork croquettes) to salads (adore the kale salad) to steaks (ribeye!) to seafood (love the lobster/crab/shrimp dishes), the menu suits any palate. And, the staff is amazing - very friendly and devoted to ensuring that you have a lovely time. There is a great bar, plus an excellent social area. It also has an outdoor area that i can't wait to try once the weather is warmer! I'm so happy Enduro moved into the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any occasion.notsogoodVIPDined on 12/31/2013We are a neighborhood regular. Love the staff, atmosphere and food.o think its time to tweak the I a bit. It's been pretty muchthe same since they opened. We recommend to all friends and acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great meal here onnyediningDined on 12/31/2013We had a great meal here on New Year's Eve. Food and Service were excellent. We had a numbe rof small children in our party and chef made a point to make it special for them, even giving them a view of the kitchen. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- We are very pleased with thisJaneVIPDined on 12/29/2013We are very pleased with this new-ish restaurant. The menu is creative without being crazy, the food is attractively presented and delicious, and the service is very friendly but not intrusive. We have been 4 times now and never less than pleased. It is too bad that the entrance on 56th Street is not more prominent to attract passers-by because we want Enduro to stick around for a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space!AJTTVIPDined on 12/29/2013We were a group of 8 - great space, great service. All around a great experience and definitely recommend! Though those who ordered the french toast were disappointed, so maybe try something else. Good spot!Special Features: