Rt 202 & Street Road, Peddler's Village
Lahaska, PA 18931Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.peddlersvillage.com/dine/the_buttonwood_grill.aspx
- Phone: 2157944040x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7am -10am
Lunch: Daily: 11am - 4pm
Dinner: Monday- Thursday 4-10, Friday & Saturday 4pm - 11pm, Sunday: 4pm- 9pm
Monday - Thursday: 11 am - 11 pm
Friday & Saturday: 11 am - 12am
Sunday: 11 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Sean Browne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Buttonwood Grill
Great Food…Good Friends…Fun Times. Friendly, casual spot for lunch and dinner. Signature Buttonwood burger, ground fresh daily; stone-fired thin crust pizzas; comfort dishes, pastas, salads. Lively bar with extensive craft beer menu . Outdoor dining and bar in season. Summer cocktail menu, Featuring Strawberry Lemon Sangria for $6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Buttonwood Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaska ›
Buttonwood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (29)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (22)kid-friendly (19)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Comfort Food with an EdgeBucksfoodieDined on 7/19/2014Enjoyed sampling lots of things from the menu. All Delicious. Especially liked the Butternut Squash Hummus and Pita . Server brought out additional pita without even asking because she saw we still had some leftover. Burgers were tasty and done to perfection (I like medium rare and lots of places get it wrong!) The pizzas were very good. We had a beet and arugal Pizza and a roasted Garlic and Pesto. We also had the delicious Crab Dip which came with a side of warm tortilla chips. We had a little private section in the back of the restaurant and it was quite lovely with a tv too. Desserts were a bit skimpy buit overall I would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttonwood Grill - OutdoorsSams1stUncleDined on 7/17/2014Ate outside on a lovely evening and had an enjoyable meal. Note that reservations placed thru Open Table do not apply to outside dining. The inside and outside areas seem to be treated as two separate entities. Outdoor menu was upscale tavern fare. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal, service was prompt and engaged, beer list was varied and extensive. We would certainly return. It will be interesting to see how the indoor experience differs from the outdoor setting.Special Features:
- Great summer dining!DoylestownFoodieDined on 7/11/2014Everything you may be looking for in an outdoor summer dining experience can be enjoyed at Buttonwood Grill. The variety of food satisfied our party which included a vegetarian and a child among our party of 4. All of us really liked our food. Service was good and the ambience on the shady deck on a warm night was very pleasant. One caution I will add is that, while not stated on the website, making a reservation through Open Table, it is automatically for the indoor restaurant, not the deck. Luckily, Buttonwood was able to accommodate us on the deck. The hostess explained that you are not able to specify this when you make a reservation on Open Table;so it is best to call. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- An Excellent NightRichNDined on 7/5/2014We had reservations for 7:30 on a moderately busy Saturday night and not only were we seated immediately, but they found a table for us on their popular outdoor deck. We were welcomed by the Dining Room Manager and introduced to Jill our server. Jill is the best server I've ever had. Knowledgeable, friendly, energetic and super good at her job. The calamari appetizer was outstanding and the craft beer list was top notch. We ordered burgers (the house specialty) and were not disappointed - delicious! A wonderful evening all around, we have to get back their soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buttonwood - so-sowhatsup1Dined on 6/20/2014Music was too loud for normal conversation level. Had to ask the waiter 3 times for a glass of water. Kid's pasta had minimal sauce on it. Food was average. Would not go again on a Friday night, if at all.Special Features:
- Questers luncheonantiqueloverDined on 6/11/2014We had a delicious lunch the other day at Buttonwood Grill. Everyone had a different entrée and all were pleased with their selections. The waitress was very detailed on all the choices on the menu and we had great service.Special Features:
- It was very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014My husband and I had an early lunch. The staff was friendly, the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great place to eat!GordonDined on 5/25/2014I've been there three to four times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent and InexpensiveCooterForSenateDined on 5/24/2014The food, service, and ambiance are all a solid 4 out of 5 stars. However, the menu items don't cost any more than they would at a diner. This place is a bargain, especially so for being in peddler's village. If you want somewhat better food and ambiance, go across the street to Earl's... but know that it comes it a significant markup. If you want good food, at nice, and newish restaurant, without spending too much cash -- eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!ExperimenterVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food and service continue to excellent. Great setting!Special Features:
- Great burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We both got the Guinness burger, and it was absolutely delicious. Great beer and wine selection, and pretty reasonably priced. Service was poor-fair. There were hardly any diners there and we had a reservation, and it still took a few minutes to be seated. Once we were, it took forever for our waiter to get to us and when he did, he was not that friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningMartyDined on 5/17/2014Group of six all of which enjoyed our experience. Our waiter was great, the food was good as long as you're not looking for a fancy meal, and the atmosphere was perfect. We never felt rushedSpecial Features:
- BluebellerBluebellerVIPDined on 5/17/2014Sat. nite dinner. Reservations. Seated promptly. Ordered drinks - late coming because they were "busy and running low on glassware." Odd. Cocktails arrived with entrees. Clumsy. They were good, but badly timed. Burger was the best my companion had ever tasted. Ribs were very good. Fries were fries. Highlight was the cole slaw, made with a horseradish dressing - perhaps the best either of us ever tasted. Strawberry rhubarb cobbler excellent. Choc chip cookie served with creme anglaise - both okay separately, but not a dipping pair.Special Features:
- Very Hot on my visitGeorgeDined on 5/11/2014Not sure if it we just bad timing, but the dining area was very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experiencelovephillyDined on 5/11/2014I was visiting and took my friend for Mother's Day brunch. I'm not a big buffet person but your food and selection was excellent. Originally from Philadelphia and visit a few times a year. I'm so looking forward to going back to your restaurant and ordering off your menu. I (we) were so pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spontaneous dinner out with kidsFoodiebabaDined on 5/10/2014We were out and about with our one and four year old, and decided we wanted to get dinner. Remembering we had been wanting to try the Buttonwood, I jumped on Opentable to see if we could get a last min. reservation. Only an hr later we were seated at our table with our two children. Our waitress was fantastic with our kids, and on top of everything. The food rocked, atmosphere was great...we will certainly be back...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service.Tom74Dined on 5/10/2014Had a wonderful time at the Buttonwood. Service was quick, helpful and polite. Really just a great experience at a local place we had never been before. One real big highlight is the Craft beer selection, wonderful choices. Bar is beautiful and looks like a great place to have a beer and some apps.Special Features:
- Great burgers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/5/2014Liked that I could substitute salad for fries, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerDouglasTheFreshDined on 5/2/2014It's Monday and my Father and I are still full from everything we ate at the Buttonwood. It was my second time there and I've yet to have a complaint. GREAT BURGERS, great service, great environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we made reservations!JB007Dined on 4/26/2014Buttonwood Grill is great and was jammed on Saturday! Glad we made reservations! Service was outstanding and the food was as well. One of our very favorite places to go as a family!Special Features:
- Great Change of paceroreviewDined on 4/12/2014Wanted some place different to celebrate son's 30th birthday. Buttonwood Grille was perfect! Good food (burgers were a hit) but craft beer selection and atmosphere of restaurant were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger heavenGramsterDined on 4/12/2014Very casual menu but if you're a burger lover, this is the place for you! Large, juicy and very tasty. Service was great too. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- burgersFirsttimedinerDined on 4/12/2014We were a group of 4. We all had burgers and we all said it was a very good meal. We all said we would definitely go back again. The service was slow but it gave us time to chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 222 reviews are from the Buttonwood Grill reviews archive.
- The house specialty is burgersAllanVIPDined on 4/12/2014The house specialty is burgers and they DO DELIVER!!!! We all had various burgers and each one was yummy!!!! The portions are quite generous as well in the sandwich size as well as your side dish Definitely recommend and will be backSpecial Features:
- Actually went here twice duringAEPi71VIPDined on 4/6/2014Actually went here twice during our weekend at Peddler's village. First was for some drinks the night we stayed over. Very nice bar, great craft beer selection. The bar staff was very friendly, but they were a bit understaffed for a busy weekend night. Next day we went for brunch, as our hotel stay included a free breakfast. Very good food and a great deal for the hotel stay. They weren't incredibly busy, but the service did seem a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BurgerProfessorDined on 3/21/2014Their hamburgers are the best I've ever had, and I've had many top notch burgers. I've been there for dinner 3 times, and despite the other impressive menu offerings, I feel like I'd be a fool if I didn't order a hamburger. However, I've been able to sample some of their other dishes from my lady's plate, and they are also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the burgers!smoopyDined on 3/15/2014great burgers, great beer list, All staff very attentive.Special Features:
- So SoDbrooVIPDined on 3/15/2014I had made a reservation through Open Table. When we arrived on time, we still had approximately 20 minutes before we were seated. I asked the person who checked us in for us to have a table, not a booth. After the 20 minutes waiting in a crowded wait area, we were seated in a booth. I did not say anything because I was tired of waiting. We ordered our appetizer first because we were hungry and then our food. Our waiter apologized because the entrée and the appetizer came out at the same time. Waiter was nice, food was just average and wait was too long for having a reservation. Not a fan of Buttonwood.Special Features:
- Absolutely Loved itweeds99Dined on 3/15/2014My wife had a salad with grilled chicken and said it was the best salad she ever had.. I had a chicken BLT and it was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Good choice for burgersDanaluvVIPDined on 3/15/2014An early dinner on a Saturday after shopping in Peddlers Village was the perfect ending! The place was welcoming and warm. The server was attentive without being intrusive. The butternut squash hummus appetizer was so delicious and creative I was pleasantly surprised. We went there for burgers and beer and we were delighted with the selections. Many different style and choices of burgers for all tastes, even vegetarians. There are many craft beers along with bottle and on tap. The burgers were prepared perfectly, the fries my husband ordered were excellent. I ordered the potato salad side prepared with dill, which was tasty, but a bit too much mayo for me, my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseJoe77Dined on 3/15/2014First time there, kid friendly, good food, good service I will definitely be back. Burgers are great cooked properly and taste very good, overall a good family restsurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Buttonwood!FinnsMomDined on 3/14/2014Met some good friends for dinner on a Saturday night and we wanted to go someplace different. We chose the Buttonwood Grill. We sat at a table in the bar and received great service from Kelly, who was also our bartender. Our appetizers, Pizza, Wings and Sweet Potato Fries, were very good. The burgers are amazing, as are the salads. I enjoyed my Salmon entree and the portion size was just right for me. We all shared the Apple Pie dessert and Chocolate Cake....and Expresso Martinis. Great way to end our night...we will definately be back!Special Features:
- Pleasant friendly atmospherewmbmtaDined on 3/9/2014We celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday on a Sunday night. The waiter was wonderful - very helpful and informative. Service was fast. The food was delicious and the atmosphere very warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindpminpaDined on 2/28/2014Living 5 minutes from Peddler's Village and tired of the same old, same old, it was so great to finally get over to the Buttonwood Grill. The food was SO good and SO affordable. What a nice change. The atmosphere was very nice and it always feels good to be able to enjoy the Village for a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Usually go here for lunch. Stopped by for dinner and was surprised by the difference. Wait staff very inattentive, and my wife became quite ill later that evening. If we had not dined there before and enjoyed it - this would be a place we would not bother to return to.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ExperimenterVIPDined on 2/16/2014Food and service are always good! We have dined here numerous times and the food is always served as ordered and the service is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Great food, good price, worth itHuckFinnDinerDined on 2/6/2014We're vegetarians but the selections for us were delicious - they're known for their burgers but don't assume that doesn't include their veggie burgers. I had one of their pizzas. Portion sizes were generous and filling. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeavgjoeDined on 1/31/2014Comfortable place with a great bar and great burgers. Most everything on the menu is great. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch, dinnerGB419Dined on 1/31/2014Very good food at reasonable prices. Great service by Jeff!!! Try the ravioli , the burgers, the swordfish. Forget the only fair Caesar saladI would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger burgerliketoeatDined on 1/25/2014I had several friends with particular food taste coming to visit from out of town. We were all delighted with the menu selections.The pizza was great, I myself had your amazing burgers, and the choices of burgers. outstanding! I have recently switched to peskaterian, and was delighted to see salmon and bean burgers. One of our party was late because of the snow storm, so I ordered her the salad with the butternut squash and goats cheese.She loved it! The waiter was friendly and accommodating. I rate a one all the way around!Special Features: