Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (817) 735-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)special occasion (39)hot spot (29)great for brunch (28)romantic (28)late-night find (28)vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fort WorthMarcelDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere. It was definitely better than the Addison location, and that is pretty difficult to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Experience at Buttons Ft. WorthSavvyDiner14Dined on 11/22/2014I have been to Buttons several times and at both the Ft. Worth and Addison locations. Except for the occasional mishap (i.e. getting our drink orders wrong, extremely long service times, etc.), I pretty much enjoyed the experience. Sadly, after the events this past weekend, I do not think that I will be returning. I made a reservation for myself and two other friends, one of whom was celebrating her birthday and looking forward to dining at Buttons. It was early evening (about 7pm) and rainy, so I guess that's why the restaurant was empty (which we're not used to), and we were promptly seated. However, when our waiter greeted us with "What can I get you?" we were a little put off. The menu selection was also sorely lacking (We expected the usual "book style" menu but only received a one page menu). This would have been fine, had there been anything on there that we actually wanted. We were told that the menu changes according to the seasons. I don't think this is a good idea, actually. For some dishes, such as those containing specific types of seafood, that's understandable. But a general pasta dish is seasonal? Really?! I watched my friend's expression go from excited to disappointed in all of the fifteen minutes we spent there; the bulk of which we spent discussing where else we could eat. My friend also ordered a virgin pina colada, and was told, "We can't make that because we don't have a blender." What kind of restaurant doesn't have a blender? We thanked our waiter and the manager for their time, but told them we were dining somewhere else. I'm sad to see this happen at Buttons. It used to be such a great place with live music and lots of menu options to choose from. Maybe we should have gone to the Addison location, but with a past experience of not receiving food orders and then once they came, they were cold, I don't think there would have been much of a difference. We probably will not return in the future.
- Discriminated against first thing in the door.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I arrived on time for our reservation. We were walked to a booth by a man. Then the man advised me to remove my bandana. I said I'm not wearing a bandana it is a skull cap! The man said they don't want head wear. I looked around and there were three other men within ten feet of us wearing ball caps. I pointed and said what about them? The man looked and said oh I guess it is ok. I said yes I guess I can. Totally rediculous!
- GeniBDined on 11/16/2014Fantastic gospel brunch with everything awesome about Southern soul food from the cheese grits to the collard greens with a wake-up and smell the coffee Bloody Mary! Lots of fun and very very filling. The sweet potato pie and hot peach cobbler desserts are worth holding back for on this bountiful buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt rushed to finish and leave table.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014The server was inexperienced. He kept coming to our table bothering us. We felt very rushed to finish our meal. The musical group was less than desirable, poor sound quality and vocals not loud enough.
- Always a pleasureSimoneDined on 11/8/2014Buttons is a place dear to my heart. I've celebrated my birthday here once before and once again this past Saturday. The food is always amazing and about half of my party had never been to Buttons. They loved it!!!! The entertainment was an amazing addition to a great evening. Buttons is the place to have fun, be romantic, or mingle. I love the vibe. I'll be back for brunch soon. Love you Buttons xoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience.FeedmemoreDined on 11/8/2014They staff was great and professional. Food was outstanding. Will be going back in 2 weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish TacisLastvisitnotsogreatDined on 11/7/2014The fish tacos need to be revamped. Their very dry and the sauce was nasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View StageClearviewDined on 11/7/2014Would like to see the stage from all the tables inot enough seats to watch the bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment FeesweetsDined on 11/1/2014On Saturday's there's a $5.00 per person fee for the enterainment. I was very aware of this, but my problem was that we went a 55 mins without any entertainment. I fell that if we are going to pay form entertainment let there be some for my whole visit. We were seated at 9:23 and no performance came on til approximately, 10:27. Even though we were done with our meals we decided to stay and hang out since this was something we were paying for. I think this needs to be reviewed a little better. If you are going to charge an enterainment fee please make sure you have entertainment the whole time. I understand a 10-15 min break but not an hour. If not, how about booking more than one entertainer?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitstaffGrandBlvdDined on 11/1/2014Krystal was our waitress and we loved her. Down to earth, and just FUN! This is the second time we've been to Buttons, and we really enjoy it. Food is good. We drive in from Granbury, and just love meeting our kids there. Nice place to visit, and there's no rush to hurry up, eat, and leave. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFrankNittyDined on 10/31/2014The overall dining and entertainment experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014everything was good..need speakers on the upper level to hear music. be nice if you could close-in the outdoor space for more room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttonsyrb1Dined on 10/19/2014Enjoyed the band-Outer Circles; however it was difficult to hear the gentleman in the mic when he spoke about the musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendmusicNjokesDined on 10/17/2014Great scene for any occasion. I would recommend this spot for anyone needing a night on the town or a romantic evening with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceskeetatDined on 10/8/2014This was my first review and I will definitely return. I got a gift card to Buttons for $100.00 so I will be back soon to enjoy the great food, music and great service. My friend was visiting from California and that is all she talked about. She will be coming back and when she does, this is the place she wants to visit with her husband. It was my birthday and Buttons staff helped me to celebrate in style. I can't thank you enough.Special Features:
- PrisBJohnBDined on 10/5/2014We had a delightful brunch at Buttons. The live music was great. I would definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere and foodDianeDined on 9/28/2014We were visiting Ft. Worth and wanted to find a great, local, neighborhood restaurant. Thanks to Open Table, we found Buttons. I had the "wangs" dinner while my husband had the fried chicken and waffles. The food was delicious, especially the fried chicken that came with the waffle. We both thought it was the best restaurant fried chicken we had ever had. It came with a Belgian waffle with small bowls of maple syrup and blueberry butter. The butter tasted more like a thick cinnamon sauce, but both were very tasty. We ate early for supper, so we missed the jazz band that was setting up while we ate. If we had more time, I would have loved to listen to the music for a while. The place was getting crowded by time for the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUSIC and foodTgrayDined on 9/27/2014The music was on point...Diva Soul had it going on...I so much enjoyed that. Some of the food combinations was not to my liking. Fried Green tomatoes with gravey and ham. The sweet potato was delicious, but i am glad I got the banana foster on the side...I didn't think it went together. But my daughter loved the fish and grits. The Calamari.....was different too.Special Features:
- Great food but noisylostDined on 9/21/2014It was packed full when I was there this time. Very noisy and difficult to sustain a conversation or even to enjoy the music. Nonetheless, the service was impeccable and the food was its usual well-prepared, well-presented and absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Crystal was awesome!sweetiepietiffDined on 9/19/2014Great wine, delicious food, a fabulous band, & the gem that is your hostess. She was very positive & accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music & good foodGoodTimes1Dined on 9/19/2014Met friends and family for a evening of birthday celebration, food & drinks. Our waiter was outstanding. I would recommend Buttons to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful evening. Great food. Service was prompt Server very polite and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Allen4Dined on 9/10/2014I've always loved Buttons restaurant. Great atmosphere, wonderful bands, and awesome food. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better Experiencekrb89Dined on 9/7/2014My last experience with Buttons- Fort Worth was not memorable, but it was about a year ago. My parents were in town for a visit, and my mother insisted we go to brunch at Buttons. I gave in, and everything was great. I'm not sure if the Cowboys having a game that afternoon played a big role in us walking in and being seated immediately, but what ever it was, the experience was better.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I've never had oxtails that tasted so good. A must try. Great atmosphere and nice live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife B-dayLandDined on 9/6/2014Buttons has a very good atmosphere for dancing and social gathering. It was my wife birthday and she really enjoyed the evening. The band was excellent! the lead singer was very good and they really got the crowd into each song. The food was ok, but the entrees were cold that we ordered. We mentioned it to our waitress and she gladly took care of it and ask if we would like any other vegetables with the wing dinner. We choose different vegetables and there very steaming hot. We were satisfied at that point. Other than the food, I would come back for the entertainment and the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nola's cuisine in Fort WorthDamonDined on 9/4/2014Just like being there Buttons brings New Orleans cuisine to Texas. The food is fantastic the service good and the portions are outta this world. Everything on the menu is a keeper. The Chicken and Wings to the Fish, Shrimp and Grits are spot on Nola classics. Get there as soon as you can.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The band started late. They didn't check the sound system until it was time for them to start, and they left the stage for a long period until it was resolved. As a result, we only heard 3 songs before we left.Special Features:
- dddddontwanttoDined on 8/20/2014Nice place... Unfortunately the 87 db sound level (I verified with my phone) during good music took most of the other good away from the evening. Outside near the highway was quieter! We want to come back but there is no way we will be sitting by the stage. The further away the better. Even yelling at each other was difficult. Unfortunate because we liked the place otherwise.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Service was bad. Barely saw waiter and food came out cold.Special Features:
- Not The Samerdw0330Dined on 8/16/2014We had been to Buttons a couple of times before. It just wasn't the same. The menu and vibe had been scaled back. Don't know that we will be back.
- 1 NightOut1NightOutDined on 8/13/2014My visit was great for it was my BDay. Sam was our Waiter and he was super and the food is always great.Special Features:
- Lb8hereLb8hereDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit and boy was I impressed. Soul food on steroids ... the food is great .... the staff was excellent ... and our server was spot on. I have told all friends that they have to put this restaurant on their to do list. I will return very soon .... Can't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons Fort WorthDateNightDinerDined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit to Buttons and we were excited after two recommendations and reading reviews. The food was good (waffles were phenomenal), service was great, music was great. We were dat in the very back corner of the restaurant behind the car and weren't able to fully enjoy the music because we couldn't see the stage. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Babe 1st time hereCodeBluDined on 8/2/2014Love Saturday night, the band lead by female performer was great. Dinner was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesTee0037Dined on 8/2/2014Been there plenty of times but this time the was the best time ever. Great for celebrating birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and live music!DiningWithPurposeDined on 7/31/2014I recently visited Buttons for a birthday celebration for a friend of mine the other evening and we all had a fantastic time. Our server Kristen was outstanding and the band was great! I can't wait til next time!Special Features:
- darngoodandbadDined on 7/31/2014This was a wonderful place...until immediately after we handed them our credit card. American Express contacted us that our CC #s were being entered for charges. This has never happened before, took place right after we left Buttons, and charges were hitting local places immediately following. They need to monitor their staff.
- First ImpressionValentines2k14Dined on 7/29/2014Our first time here and the food is very good! If you're looking for a soul food spot, than you've hit the nail on the head! #gottagetthecollardgreensnohotsauceneededSpecial Features:
- The following 615 reviews are from the Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews archive.