Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8177354900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)good for groups (51)hot spot (46)great for brunch (43)romantic (41)late-night find (36)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (23)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Southern SpotReneeDined on 9/29/2014Delicious Food with a nice environment. Great place for Monday night football.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere and foodDianeDined on 9/28/2014We were visiting Ft. Worth and wanted to find a great, local, neighborhood restaurant. Thanks to Open Table, we found Buttons. I had the "wangs" dinner while my husband had the fried chicken and waffles. The food was delicious, especially the fried chicken that came with the waffle. We both thought it was the best restaurant fried chicken we had ever had. It came with a Belgian waffle with small bowls of maple syrup and blueberry butter. The butter tasted more like a thick cinnamon sauce, but both were very tasty. We ate early for supper, so we missed the jazz band that was setting up while we ate. If we had more time, I would have loved to listen to the music for a while. The place was getting crowded by time for the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUSIC and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The music was on point...Diva Soul had it going on...I so much enjoyed that. Some of the food combinations was not to my liking. Fried Green tomatoes with gravey and ham. The sweet potato was delicious, but i am glad I got the banana foster on the side...I didn't think it went together. But my daughter loved the fish and grits. The Calamari.....was different too.Special Features:
- Great food but noisylostDined on 9/21/2014It was packed full when I was there this time. Very noisy and difficult to sustain a conversation or even to enjoy the music. Nonetheless, the service was impeccable and the food was its usual well-prepared, well-presented and absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Crystal was awesome!sweetiepietiffDined on 9/19/2014Great wine, delicious food, a fabulous band, & the gem that is your hostess. She was very positive & accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music & good foodGoodTimes1Dined on 9/19/2014Met friends and family for a evening of birthday celebration, food & drinks. Our waiter was outstanding. I would recommend Buttons to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful evening. Great food. Service was prompt Server very polite and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Allen4Dined on 9/10/2014I've always loved Buttons restaurant. Great atmosphere, wonderful bands, and awesome food. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better Experiencekrb89Dined on 9/7/2014My last experience with Buttons- Fort Worth was not memorable, but it was about a year ago. My parents were in town for a visit, and my mother insisted we go to brunch at Buttons. I gave in, and everything was great. I'm not sure if the Cowboys having a game that afternoon played a big role in us walking in and being seated immediately, but what ever it was, the experience was better.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I've never had oxtails that tasted so good. A must try. Great atmosphere and nice live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife B-dayLandDined on 9/6/2014Buttons has a very good atmosphere for dancing and social gathering. It was my wife birthday and she really enjoyed the evening. The band was excellent! the lead singer was very good and they really got the crowd into each song. The food was ok, but the entrees were cold that we ordered. We mentioned it to our waitress and she gladly took care of it and ask if we would like any other vegetables with the wing dinner. We choose different vegetables and there very steaming hot. We were satisfied at that point. Other than the food, I would come back for the entertainment and the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nola's cuisine in Fort WorthDamonDined on 9/4/2014Just like being there Buttons brings New Orleans cuisine to Texas. The food is fantastic the service good and the portions are outta this world. Everything on the menu is a keeper. The Chicken and Wings to the Fish, Shrimp and Grits are spot on Nola classics. Get there as soon as you can.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The band started late. They didn't check the sound system until it was time for them to start, and they left the stage for a long period until it was resolved. As a result, we only heard 3 songs before we left.Special Features:
- dddddontwanttoDined on 8/20/2014Nice place... Unfortunately the 87 db sound level (I verified with my phone) during good music took most of the other good away from the evening. Outside near the highway was quieter! We want to come back but there is no way we will be sitting by the stage. The further away the better. Even yelling at each other was difficult. Unfortunate because we liked the place otherwise.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Service was bad. Barely saw waiter and food came out cold.Special Features:
- Not The Samerdw0330Dined on 8/16/2014We had been to Buttons a couple of times before. It just wasn't the same. The menu and vibe had been scaled back. Don't know that we will be back.
- 1 NightOut1NightOutDined on 8/13/2014My visit was great for it was my BDay. Sam was our Waiter and he was super and the food is always great.Special Features:
- Lb8hereLb8hereDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit and boy was I impressed. Soul food on steroids ... the food is great .... the staff was excellent ... and our server was spot on. I have told all friends that they have to put this restaurant on their to do list. I will return very soon .... Can't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons Fort WorthDateNightDinerDined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit to Buttons and we were excited after two recommendations and reading reviews. The food was good (waffles were phenomenal), service was great, music was great. We were dat in the very back corner of the restaurant behind the car and weren't able to fully enjoy the music because we couldn't see the stage. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Babe 1st time hereCodeBluDined on 8/2/2014Love Saturday night, the band lead by female performer was great. Dinner was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesTee0037Dined on 8/2/2014Been there plenty of times but this time the was the best time ever. Great for celebrating birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and live music!DiningWithPurposeDined on 7/31/2014I recently visited Buttons for a birthday celebration for a friend of mine the other evening and we all had a fantastic time. Our server Kristen was outstanding and the band was great! I can't wait til next time!Special Features:
- darngoodandbadDined on 7/31/2014This was a wonderful place...until immediately after we handed them our credit card. American Express contacted us that our CC #s were being entered for charges. This has never happened before, took place right after we left Buttons, and charges were hitting local places immediately following. They need to monitor their staff.
- First ImpressionValentines2k14Dined on 7/29/2014Our first time here and the food is very good! If you're looking for a soul food spot, than you've hit the nail on the head! #gottagetthecollardgreensnohotsauceneededSpecial Features:
- Too MuchatxbloomDined on 7/27/2014They had a painting class and karaoke night all at the same time. It was a lot going on and the noise level was intense from both fronts. Couldn't really enjoy a conversation....but the food was good! But I would have rather a to-go plate.
- Hosts were ineptDareeniaDined on 7/26/2014We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation. I reminded the female host a booth was requested as I have medical reason for one. A booth opened up & was being cleaned about 15 minutes after our reservation time. Within seconds a family walked in WITHOUT a reservation & the male host began to seat them there. I attempted to stop him. After they were seated & came to speak to me he stated he thought we had already been seated. We then had to await another booth to become available. The music was good; however, the food was not good enough to make me return after the way we were treated at the beginning. I will say, our waiter was excellent.
- Super Value@ ButtinsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Outstanding portions with super prices = excellent Value!! The shrimp, catfish, & Grits was to write home to mom for... Attentive waitress and food arrived extremely fast.. An added bonus was seeing the local band CASA NOVA LIVE- simply Amazing..non-stop interacting R&B band that has a future.. Outstanding singers and true musicians!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, Jazz/Music, Great FoodmusicdogDined on 7/25/2014Great music in an intimate setting with fantastic seafood. More like a jazz-restaurant in Montreal than Texas. Seafood and home-cooking can't be beat. Fantastic venue for Fort Worth with good music, good food, and good people. Also great for lunch. Have not been to brunch yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed my dinner!akaproducerDined on 7/18/2014My Salmon was so juicy and flavorful. I had some issues with my martini, but the situation was addressed. This place is great for a double date with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Salty!foodguyDined on 7/18/2014After we finished eating, my mouth tasted like I had opened the salt shaker and had taken a few drinks of salt. This was the chicken alfredo, but my wife's chicken and waffles were almost as salty. I drank almost a full gallon of water when we got home. Also, the service was great until about 8:00. It took almost an hour to get and pay our bill. We didn't even care if we stayed til 8:30 when the band started. I'm sure some of the people waiting would have loved our table.Special Features:
- Good for all occasionsReRun69Dined on 7/18/2014No matter what the occasion or what company you are trying to bring with you, it's worth a trip to Button's. The food is always great, the service is good, and the vibe is always right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherePeteDined on 7/16/2014Good food. I recommend the chicken and waffle. I hope they have more drink specials tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I really enjoyed my first experience with Buttons. Everything was lovely from the food to the service. I even did karaoke!! I will be returning sooner than later and spreading the word to all friends and family regardless of their location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another satisfied customerQTPieDined on 7/12/2014Good food and entertainment! Our waiter was nice and accommodating. We asked him if we could move closer to the stage to hear the band better and he didn't hesitate to fulfill our request; thanks Nick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sann112Dined on 7/12/2014Buttons is a great place to go for a girls night out, there is GREAT live music on weekends, and the atmosphere is very classy. I always enjoy myself whenever I go.Special Features:
- not goodfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Ham on fried grn tomatoes was processed meat. Pot roast and salmon way over cooked. Pot roast too stringy and salty. Catfish on grits too salty. Creamed spinach tasteless. Shrimp tht came with grits was great! Peach cobbler ws great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Buttons was recommended to me and I brought my husband this party Friday night and he love it. He's a Contemporary Gospel/ Neo Soul Artist from New Orleans and its very hard to find good spicy /Cajun food here in Texas. Not everyone does it right. Buttons was on Pointe across the board. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLuvthemusicDined on 7/11/2014The food and drinks are awesome. Don't forget the entertainment! I just wish they bring back the jerk chicken wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!RwilDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at Buttons. We did not have to wait long to be seated because we made reservations. Soulful Soundz band was awesome. Great night out and not too expensive. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!EyernmnDined on 7/11/2014Had a lunch appointment here and had the meat loaf and it was delicious. Portion size was perfect and i was very pleased! It looks like the place can start hopping at night with the stage for a band to play. I will have to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.