Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (817) 735-4900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)special occasion (39)hot spot (31)great for brunch (30)late-night find (30)romantic (28)vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Hosts were ineptDareeniaDined on 7/26/2014We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation. I reminded the female host a booth was requested as I have medical reason for one. A booth opened up & was being cleaned about 15 minutes after our reservation time. Within seconds a family walked in WITHOUT a reservation & the male host began to seat them there. I attempted to stop him. After they were seated & came to speak to me he stated he thought we had already been seated. We then had to await another booth to become available. The music was good; however, the food was not good enough to make me return after the way we were treated at the beginning. I will say, our waiter was excellent.
- Super Value@ ButtinsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Outstanding portions with super prices = excellent Value!! The shrimp, catfish, & Grits was to write home to mom for... Attentive waitress and food arrived extremely fast.. An added bonus was seeing the local band CASA NOVA LIVE- simply Amazing..non-stop interacting R&B band that has a future.. Outstanding singers and true musicians!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, Jazz/Music, Great FoodmusicdogDined on 7/25/2014Great music in an intimate setting with fantastic seafood. More like a jazz-restaurant in Montreal than Texas. Seafood and home-cooking can't be beat. Fantastic venue for Fort Worth with good music, good food, and good people. Also great for lunch. Have not been to brunch yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 611 reviews are from the Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews archive.
- I enjoyed my dinner!akaproducerDined on 7/18/2014My Salmon was so juicy and flavorful. I had some issues with my martini, but the situation was addressed. This place is great for a double date with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Salty!foodguyDined on 7/18/2014After we finished eating, my mouth tasted like I had opened the salt shaker and had taken a few drinks of salt. This was the chicken alfredo, but my wife's chicken and waffles were almost as salty. I drank almost a full gallon of water when we got home. Also, the service was great until about 8:00. It took almost an hour to get and pay our bill. We didn't even care if we stayed til 8:30 when the band started. I'm sure some of the people waiting would have loved our table.Special Features:
- Good for all occasionsReRun69Dined on 7/18/2014No matter what the occasion or what company you are trying to bring with you, it's worth a trip to Button's. The food is always great, the service is good, and the vibe is always right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherePeteDined on 7/16/2014Good food. I recommend the chicken and waffle. I hope they have more drink specials tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I really enjoyed my first experience with Buttons. Everything was lovely from the food to the service. I even did karaoke!! I will be returning sooner than later and spreading the word to all friends and family regardless of their location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another satisfied customerQTPieDined on 7/12/2014Good food and entertainment! Our waiter was nice and accommodating. We asked him if we could move closer to the stage to hear the band better and he didn't hesitate to fulfill our request; thanks Nick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sann112Dined on 7/12/2014Buttons is a great place to go for a girls night out, there is GREAT live music on weekends, and the atmosphere is very classy. I always enjoy myself whenever I go.Special Features:
- not goodfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Ham on fried grn tomatoes was processed meat. Pot roast and salmon way over cooked. Pot roast too stringy and salty. Catfish on grits too salty. Creamed spinach tasteless. Shrimp tht came with grits was great! Peach cobbler ws great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Buttons was recommended to me and I brought my husband this party Friday night and he love it. He's a Contemporary Gospel/ Neo Soul Artist from New Orleans and its very hard to find good spicy /Cajun food here in Texas. Not everyone does it right. Buttons was on Pointe across the board. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLuvthemusicDined on 7/11/2014The food and drinks are awesome. Don't forget the entertainment! I just wish they bring back the jerk chicken wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!RwilDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at Buttons. We did not have to wait long to be seated because we made reservations. Soulful Soundz band was awesome. Great night out and not too expensive. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!EyernmnDined on 7/11/2014Had a lunch appointment here and had the meat loaf and it was delicious. Portion size was perfect and i was very pleased! It looks like the place can start hopping at night with the stage for a band to play. I will have to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesTopSpotDined on 7/5/2014Excellent service, outstanding bands, Superior wait staff and hostess. Absolutely wonderful on both the 4th and 5th. Ntense was phenomenal as was Natural Change on Saturday night. Food and drinks were wonderful. Our 8 guests and my wife and I didn't leave until the band packed theirs cars on both nights. We absolutely love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Buttons is vibrant and energetic, but pricey! Mainly I was put off by the mandatory $5 p.p. tacked on the bill for entertainment. I understand they need to pay the entertainment but, when already paying $9 per cocktail AND $20 minimum for an entree...the $5 p.p. add on seemed like overkill. However, apparently people don't seem to mind as the place was packed! I had a reservation for 9 p.m. for 3 people. We arrived right at 9 and had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Considering how packed the place was, that wasn't a very long wait at all. The service was good to very good. Very friendly hostess and wait staff. Food...just okay. Shrimp Creole was a bit too spicy. Chicken fried chicken was average. Servings sizes on the small side.Special Features:
- Good music. Delicious food.DeeDeeFtWorthDined on 7/4/2014Food was great but the gnats ruined our evening. Complained that gnats had gotten in my food. Mgr didn't bill me but my friends got bitten by bugsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fort Worth's FinestFineDiningDined on 7/3/2014It was a great start to our 4th of July weekend. The chicken and waffles was fabulous but the greens are to die for. They are the best greens we've ever had from a restaurant. The band was Awesome!!! We really loved all the old school music they sang. The atmosphere of the restaurant was extraordinary. If you want a club feel without the club Buttons is the place to be. This was our 4th time dining at Buttons and each time has been GREAT!!! We love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vales73Valeska73Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and service and even better music. A more extensive wine list would be nice, but overall a really wonderful experience. Wonderful place to just relax and listen to great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and featured bandScrappyKDined on 6/27/2014The Buster Brown band was great as usual. Food was delicious. The only issue was that the server was slow to respond and follow up. Overall we had a good experience at Buttons.Special Features:
- Great experience1stImpressionDined on 6/27/2014I brought my dad here for his 69th bday. It was just perfect. My dad enjoyed the live band and the creole shrimp was excellent. I advise anyone to make reservations. I booked a table for 3 at 7pm. Great thinking on my part because the place filled up quickly after we arrived for birthday parties. I was able to get a table up front by the stage. My dad use to play in a band and this was a great experience for him. It really brought back memories. Nothing is more pleasing then being able to put a smile on my dads face. He is already requesting that I take him back. I am in my early 20's and grew up hearing the soul music the band played in our household. I also loved the fact that it was a mixed crowd. TWO THUMBS WAY UP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandBinTEXASDined on 6/24/2014Average price was 15.00 and high was 32.00 Some plates of food were large portion and some were not. We noticed the healthy food was smaller portions. My husband left hungry, but I left full. We didn't see any live music at 6:30-8:00 on a Wednesday night so if you want live music you might call first. The bar was hopping though the restraunt was baren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneytinkVIPDined on 6/22/2014Not worth the money, the food was okay....but expected much better. As for music it was karaoke night and I would much rather have no music at dinner than bad music at dinner.
- 4happyfeelingsDined on 6/22/2014This was my first visit to Buttons and I must say I really enjoyed it. The food was good, the service was good and the music was wonderful. Hope to return soon and bring some of my family when they visit. Need to visit a few more times to give more precise comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dine at Button's regularly.FoodiesDined on 6/21/2014The menu is reasonably priced. Portions are large enough to share if you are so inclined and the music is good. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day was our first experience at Buttons. We loved the music, but the it was so crowded and loud we could not even talk to one another at our own table without shouting. The music was not the issue it was the over crowding. On top of that even though we have reservations they sat us next to the food bar- so there was more noise, more people bumping into our chairs etc. Waitress was good, reception was good, food was average. Bill for four with top came close to $100- and all in all, I likely won't go back again. Should have another choice on #2, for those who cannot honestly say it was a good experience. And add a level on NOISE LEVEL rating to say POOR.... because it was.
- Best Brunch EverSeriousFoodie42Dined on 6/8/2014Soul food brunch, yum diggity. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, mac and cheese, grits, chicken, catfish, brisket. Then there's sausage, green beans, collards, four kinds of cake, cookies, peach cobbler, cherry pie, fruit. And don't forget the salad bar tucked in the corner. The Sunday brunch is from 11-4 but live music doesn't start until 1 pm. I highly recommend anyone serious about breakfast and brunch to scoot over to Button's. They also feature $2.00 mimosas but coffee, tea and sodas are included in the brunch price.Special Features:
- Nice Niche RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Overall, I enjoyed Buttons for it' excellent Chicken and Waffles and the intangibles that the restaurant offers. It's offers the moderate, sophisticated feel, where most visitors dress nicely for the dinner. The bar seems accommodating and the live music rounds out the ambiance. I will say that every review I read online at various sites were spot. The music can get loud, but not annoying. The Chicken Fried Steak was WAY too salty. I wouldn't recommend it. But the other food items; the sides, the cornbread, the chicken wings, the chicken and waffles,,,,,all made up for it and more. You pay a $5 service fee for the live music, which is annoying since they often took breaks, but when they got going, the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNandez14Dined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed the music and the food was delicious. Service was good too. Only thing when paying we used a gift card which was applied at checkout but then surprised to see the full amount was taking from my account. Now need to call and hopefully issue will be resolved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ButtonsKDDavisDined on 6/7/2014Love this Place! Food is great Music is great and Newt is greatSpecial Features:
- Nothing like it in FTWBhays670Dined on 6/5/2014Buttons is the real deal. Real southern cooking the way it's made in Georgia. I can only recommend what we ordered- pot roast, chicken fried chicken, and chicken and waffles- but I'm sure it's all great! Get the Mac and cheese and the cornbread. We will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The first time my wife and I went to Buttons, it was a very romantic place, then we went back and back after that, we had to dress nice. This time we went there were people in jeans, short, and windsuits. The noise level was so loud we could not hear each other. Then the tables were long to where we could evenhear each other without yelling. The manager did not come to our table.Special Features:
- Button's in Ft. WorthHockeyfanzDined on 5/28/2014We've been to this restaurant on several occasions. This trip was for my birthday, as they sent me a "Free Chicken & Waffles" gift card. The food here is exceptionally well done "home-style cookin'"! And the service is exceptionally friendly! My wife and I love the Fried Green Tomato's (you really need to try this dish), Shrimp Creole and, of course, the Chicken & Waffles. Their fried chicken is flavored perfectly, and no greasy taste. Couple that with their fluffy waffles and Blueberry Butter (a blueberry butter syrup concoction you dip your chicken and waffle bites into, which absolutely keeps you coming back for more!) and you have a winner! Their portions are large enough to share too! Not a place to get healthy, just spoiled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PearlwwwdotPearlDined on 5/25/2014I have been a fan of Chef Hicks since Ovations and made the natural transition to Button's. I must admit, I have not a clue how anything except the Chicken & Waffles tastes. No matter what outside influencers try to get me to do in the name of "exploratory eating", Chicken & Waffles comes out of my mouth. Wing, leg, breast (Unbuttoned). Leg and breast (buttoned), extra powdered sugar, extra syrup. The explosion of syrup, powdered sugar and seasoned southern fried chicken in your mouth doing the electric slide is an experience not easily forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrickedDined on 5/25/2014Drove from east Arkansas to experience brunch and was disappointed to find that some items listed online on the buffet list were actually not on the buffet. I paid $6.00 for a very, very small cup of oxtails. This was after I had asked my server three times and he brought them. I was surprised to find them on my check, but I paid without a scene and vowed not to drive so far for this brunch again. Neither were the Belgium waffles on the buffet. However, they are listed on the menu as available on buffetSpecial Features:
- Great food, nice atmospheremslalaDined on 5/24/2014Food was perfect & the staff was very helpful & friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unpleasant atmospherePCTakeDownDined on 5/23/2014Best calamari I've had in years! Great soul food all around. The atmosphere is LOUD! The majority of customers are blabbering and cackling at their top volumes without regard for other diners. The live music is a cool factor but it is ruined by being pumped at concert volumes rather than indoor venue. My entire table had to yell our orders at our waiter and they still did not come out exactly as ordered. My suggestion is to place an order to go rather than dine in.
- booked a timeSatisfiedPatronDined on 5/13/2014Made a reservation for 9pm...arrived and they say kitchen was closed at my reservation time.
- Mothers' DayAnniversaryDined on 5/11/2014It was my 1st visit to the brunch. It was fabulous! I carried my wife and my 94 year old mother and she was ecstatic. She has not quit talking about how much she enjoyed the food, the venue, and the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.