Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
4701 W. Freeway #100
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8177354900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm, Saturday: 12pm - 4pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3pm - 10pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3pm - 12am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Soul food
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 5 nights a week,Wednesday -Sunday featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits as well as live Jazz during Sunday Brunch1-4pm.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy live musical performances by local and touring artists. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth - Best Restaurants in Fort Worth Cultural District & TCU ›
Buttons Food and Music-Fort Worth reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)good for groups (56)hot spot (52)great for brunch (48)romantic (44)late-night find (42)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (29)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- dddddontwanttoDined on 8/20/2014Nice place... Unfortunately the 87 db sound level (I verified with my phone) during good music took most of the other good away from the evening. Outside near the highway was quieter! We want to come back but there is no way we will be sitting by the stage. The further away the better. Even yelling at each other was difficult. Unfortunate because we liked the place otherwise.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Service was bad. Barely saw waiter and food came out cold.Special Features:
- Not The Samerdw0330Dined on 8/16/2014We had been to Buttons a couple of times before. It just wasn't the same. The menu and vibe had been scaled back. Don't know that we will be back.
- 1 NightOut1NightOutDined on 8/13/2014My visit was great for it was my BDay. Sam was our Waiter and he was super and the food is always great.Special Features:
- Lb8hereLb8hereDined on 8/9/2014This was my first visit and boy was I impressed. Soul food on steroids ... the food is great .... the staff was excellent ... and our server was spot on. I have told all friends that they have to put this restaurant on their to do list. I will return very soon .... Can't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buttons Fort WorthDateNightDinerDined on 8/8/2014This was our first visit to Buttons and we were excited after two recommendations and reading reviews. The food was good (waffles were phenomenal), service was great, music was great. We were dat in the very back corner of the restaurant behind the car and weren't able to fully enjoy the music because we couldn't see the stage. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Babe 1st time hereCodeBluDined on 8/2/2014Love Saturday night, the band lead by female performer was great. Dinner was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesTee0037Dined on 8/2/2014Been there plenty of times but this time the was the best time ever. Great for celebrating birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and live music!DiningWithPurposeDined on 7/31/2014I recently visited Buttons for a birthday celebration for a friend of mine the other evening and we all had a fantastic time. Our server Kristen was outstanding and the band was great! I can't wait til next time!Special Features:
- darngoodandbadDined on 7/31/2014This was a wonderful place...until immediately after we handed them our credit card. American Express contacted us that our CC #s were being entered for charges. This has never happened before, took place right after we left Buttons, and charges were hitting local places immediately following. They need to monitor their staff.
- First ImpressionValentines2k14Dined on 7/29/2014Our first time here and the food is very good! If you're looking for a soul food spot, than you've hit the nail on the head! #gottagetthecollardgreensnohotsauceneededSpecial Features:
- Too MuchatxbloomDined on 7/27/2014They had a painting class and karaoke night all at the same time. It was a lot going on and the noise level was intense from both fronts. Couldn't really enjoy a conversation....but the food was good! But I would have rather a to-go plate.
- Hosts were ineptDareeniaDined on 7/26/2014We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation. I reminded the female host a booth was requested as I have medical reason for one. A booth opened up & was being cleaned about 15 minutes after our reservation time. Within seconds a family walked in WITHOUT a reservation & the male host began to seat them there. I attempted to stop him. After they were seated & came to speak to me he stated he thought we had already been seated. We then had to await another booth to become available. The music was good; however, the food was not good enough to make me return after the way we were treated at the beginning. I will say, our waiter was excellent.
- Super Value@ ButtinsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Outstanding portions with super prices = excellent Value!! The shrimp, catfish, & Grits was to write home to mom for... Attentive waitress and food arrived extremely fast.. An added bonus was seeing the local band CASA NOVA LIVE- simply Amazing..non-stop interacting R&B band that has a future.. Outstanding singers and true musicians!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, Jazz/Music, Great FoodmusicdogDined on 7/25/2014Great music in an intimate setting with fantastic seafood. More like a jazz-restaurant in Montreal than Texas. Seafood and home-cooking can't be beat. Fantastic venue for Fort Worth with good music, good food, and good people. Also great for lunch. Have not been to brunch yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed my dinner!akaproducerDined on 7/18/2014My Salmon was so juicy and flavorful. I had some issues with my martini, but the situation was addressed. This place is great for a double date with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Salty!foodguyDined on 7/18/2014After we finished eating, my mouth tasted like I had opened the salt shaker and had taken a few drinks of salt. This was the chicken alfredo, but my wife's chicken and waffles were almost as salty. I drank almost a full gallon of water when we got home. Also, the service was great until about 8:00. It took almost an hour to get and pay our bill. We didn't even care if we stayed til 8:30 when the band started. I'm sure some of the people waiting would have loved our table.Special Features:
- Good for all occasionsReRun69Dined on 7/18/2014No matter what the occasion or what company you are trying to bring with you, it's worth a trip to Button's. The food is always great, the service is good, and the vibe is always right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherePeteDined on 7/16/2014Good food. I recommend the chicken and waffle. I hope they have more drink specials tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I really enjoyed my first experience with Buttons. Everything was lovely from the food to the service. I even did karaoke!! I will be returning sooner than later and spreading the word to all friends and family regardless of their location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another satisfied customerQTPieDined on 7/12/2014Good food and entertainment! Our waiter was nice and accommodating. We asked him if we could move closer to the stage to hear the band better and he didn't hesitate to fulfill our request; thanks Nick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sann112Dined on 7/12/2014Buttons is a great place to go for a girls night out, there is GREAT live music on weekends, and the atmosphere is very classy. I always enjoy myself whenever I go.Special Features:
- not goodfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Ham on fried grn tomatoes was processed meat. Pot roast and salmon way over cooked. Pot roast too stringy and salty. Catfish on grits too salty. Creamed spinach tasteless. Shrimp tht came with grits was great! Peach cobbler ws great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Buttons was recommended to me and I brought my husband this party Friday night and he love it. He's a Contemporary Gospel/ Neo Soul Artist from New Orleans and its very hard to find good spicy /Cajun food here in Texas. Not everyone does it right. Buttons was on Pointe across the board. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLuvthemusicDined on 7/11/2014The food and drinks are awesome. Don't forget the entertainment! I just wish they bring back the jerk chicken wings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!RwilDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at Buttons. We did not have to wait long to be seated because we made reservations. Soulful Soundz band was awesome. Great night out and not too expensive. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Great food!EyernmnDined on 7/11/2014Had a lunch appointment here and had the meat loaf and it was delicious. Portion size was perfect and i was very pleased! It looks like the place can start hopping at night with the stage for a band to play. I will have to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesTopSpotDined on 7/5/2014Excellent service, outstanding bands, Superior wait staff and hostess. Absolutely wonderful on both the 4th and 5th. Ntense was phenomenal as was Natural Change on Saturday night. Food and drinks were wonderful. Our 8 guests and my wife and I didn't leave until the band packed theirs cars on both nights. We absolutely love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Buttons is vibrant and energetic, but pricey! Mainly I was put off by the mandatory $5 p.p. tacked on the bill for entertainment. I understand they need to pay the entertainment but, when already paying $9 per cocktail AND $20 minimum for an entree...the $5 p.p. add on seemed like overkill. However, apparently people don't seem to mind as the place was packed! I had a reservation for 9 p.m. for 3 people. We arrived right at 9 and had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Considering how packed the place was, that wasn't a very long wait at all. The service was good to very good. Very friendly hostess and wait staff. Food...just okay. Shrimp Creole was a bit too spicy. Chicken fried chicken was average. Servings sizes on the small side.Special Features:
- Good music. Delicious food.DeeDeeFtWorthDined on 7/4/2014Food was great but the gnats ruined our evening. Complained that gnats had gotten in my food. Mgr didn't bill me but my friends got bitten by bugsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fort Worth's FinestFineDiningDined on 7/3/2014It was a great start to our 4th of July weekend. The chicken and waffles was fabulous but the greens are to die for. They are the best greens we've ever had from a restaurant. The band was Awesome!!! We really loved all the old school music they sang. The atmosphere of the restaurant was extraordinary. If you want a club feel without the club Buttons is the place to be. This was our 4th time dining at Buttons and each time has been GREAT!!! We love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vales73Valeska73Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and service and even better music. A more extensive wine list would be nice, but overall a really wonderful experience. Wonderful place to just relax and listen to great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and featured bandScrappyKDined on 6/27/2014The Buster Brown band was great as usual. Food was delicious. The only issue was that the server was slow to respond and follow up. Overall we had a good experience at Buttons.Special Features:
- Great experience1stImpressionDined on 6/27/2014I brought my dad here for his 69th bday. It was just perfect. My dad enjoyed the live band and the creole shrimp was excellent. I advise anyone to make reservations. I booked a table for 3 at 7pm. Great thinking on my part because the place filled up quickly after we arrived for birthday parties. I was able to get a table up front by the stage. My dad use to play in a band and this was a great experience for him. It really brought back memories. Nothing is more pleasing then being able to put a smile on my dads face. He is already requesting that I take him back. I am in my early 20's and grew up hearing the soul music the band played in our household. I also loved the fact that it was a mixed crowd. TWO THUMBS WAY UP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandBinTEXASDined on 6/24/2014Average price was 15.00 and high was 32.00 Some plates of food were large portion and some were not. We noticed the healthy food was smaller portions. My husband left hungry, but I left full. We didn't see any live music at 6:30-8:00 on a Wednesday night so if you want live music you might call first. The bar was hopping though the restraunt was baren.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneytinkDined on 6/22/2014Not worth the money, the food was okay....but expected much better. As for music it was karaoke night and I would much rather have no music at dinner than bad music at dinner.
- 4happyfeelingsDined on 6/22/2014This was my first visit to Buttons and I must say I really enjoyed it. The food was good, the service was good and the music was wonderful. Hope to return soon and bring some of my family when they visit. Need to visit a few more times to give more precise comments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dine at Button's regularly.FoodiesDined on 6/21/2014The menu is reasonably priced. Portions are large enough to share if you are so inclined and the music is good. Good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day was our first experience at Buttons. We loved the music, but the it was so crowded and loud we could not even talk to one another at our own table without shouting. The music was not the issue it was the over crowding. On top of that even though we have reservations they sat us next to the food bar- so there was more noise, more people bumping into our chairs etc. Waitress was good, reception was good, food was average. Bill for four with top came close to $100- and all in all, I likely won't go back again. Should have another choice on #2, for those who cannot honestly say it was a good experience. And add a level on NOISE LEVEL rating to say POOR.... because it was.
- Best Brunch EverSeriousFoodie42Dined on 6/8/2014Soul food brunch, yum diggity. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, mac and cheese, grits, chicken, catfish, brisket. Then there's sausage, green beans, collards, four kinds of cake, cookies, peach cobbler, cherry pie, fruit. And don't forget the salad bar tucked in the corner. The Sunday brunch is from 11-4 but live music doesn't start until 1 pm. I highly recommend anyone serious about breakfast and brunch to scoot over to Button's. They also feature $2.00 mimosas but coffee, tea and sodas are included in the brunch price.Special Features: