Buttons Food and Music-Addison
15207 Addison Rd
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Addison
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9725032888
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Mon - Wed: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Thu 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Fri 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM Sat 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Private Party Facilities: Buttons in Addison offers the perfect space for your private dining needs. This swanky enclosed patio features sliding doors that close for intimate gatherings. The Buttons patio seats 75 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Benfield or N.M. Shabazz 9725032888
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 7 nights a week, featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Addison
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy the robust beats of live musical performances. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
• A small entertainment fee of $5 is collected on Friday and Saturday evenings.
• A small entertainment fee of $5 is collected on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Buttons Food and Music-Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Buttons Food and Music-Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)hot spot (38)special occasion (33)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (29)romantic (21)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014party of 8 .....seated on floor by band. appeared to other available seating ...seating may have been perfect for a couple...they could have whispered in each others ear. but the seating did not encourage conversation between 8 people... you should have a brunch menu only, access to entire menu caused much confusion nor could the waiter could hear our orders, which caused several problems with reorder so everyone did not eat together. but all in all it was an interesting experience and i will try again late night would probably be ideal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Atmosphere, butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I'm always please with the food here, but I can't say the same about how the front staff handles seating. It's always unorganized, we arrived 30 min before our reservation time, we we're given a pager and still ended up waiting an additional 30 min to be seated after our scheduled reservation time and after the pager went off. I feel when you have a reservation this is unacceptable. This has happened to me too often in the times I've eaten here. Once seated the Waiters are generally on top of things and the food is always good.The Atmosphere and live band is grown & sexy, that's what I love the most!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014All that matters to me is that my wife was very,very pleased. Enough said ! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very frustratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014This was not my first time at buttons it will be the last. I made a reservation over month before my visit because we were coming in from out of town and I wanted to make sure we could have a nice dining experience. When we arrived we were told your table is not ready 45 min later we were still waiting. Had to go and inquire about our table. I have never made a reservation anywhere and had to wait that length of time. When I made the reservation and when I checked in I asked to be seated in the front dining area to hear the band. We were seated way in the back in a corner. They brought my car to me on a flat from valet! The manager said he could take responsibility. We will be seeking compensation for the tire we had to purchase.
- OutstandingLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014The food was outstanding. We ordered the famous chicken and waffles as well as the fried shrimp, fried catfish and grits. The band and Dj were both phenomenal. They played hits that got the crowd up and dancing. The waiter was great. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and our waiter brought over the owner to wish her a Happy Birthday. I would definitely recommend making reservations in advance. The only issue was valet parking. It took us over 20 minutes to get our automobile out of valet. But, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- BirthdayBday1Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time, making it a special night for my husband on his Birthday. The staff at buttons was very efficient in getting us seated upon arrival and made sure that we were well taken care of with speedy service. We had a great table and the food was great!!! Thank you buttons staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Mt birthday was wonderful! My group stayed a little longer than 2 hours and we was so happy about that! I think it was so but whatever we enjoyed it! I would love to make it to Happy Hour more it's just hard for me to make it from Arlington to Addison by 630! I will return again and again and again! The Bartender Brodrick made my Birthday wonderful! Love him and his team.Special Features:
- Good Food Good MusicFoodaholicDined on 9/14/2014Where else can you go to be entertained while you eat! Kill two birds with one stone by heading over to Buttons. The bands are always different so it's nice that the restaurant showcases different groups from the Metroplex. And the food is DELICIOUS. Get on their mailing list for various specials and eat, dance, and ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CakyDinDined on 9/12/2014Fabulous food! The chef/owner (Buttons) comes out and speaks with you about your experience and offered my son a job!Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 9/7/2014Waitress was inattentive, rushed, uninformed about the menu. Food was cold! The doors didn't open til right at reservation time...not a minute before 11am. Terrible, silverware was dirty. Had better experience at FT. Worth location. Over priced for quality.
- no seatingSha95Dined on 9/6/2014I made an 8:30 reservation and still had to wait 45 minutes for a seat. I expressed my grandmother could not stand much longer so I was taken to a table in the corner behind a wall. The only other seat that was available was directly in front of the band, which was not good for my 78 year grandmother. Being that I made a reservation that seating was not acceptable. After waiting for a hour we decided to leave.
- texasDined on 9/6/2014Fun time, good food and great service, love the live band Les and the Funk Mob.Special Features:
- Great Soul FoodlovasteakDined on 8/31/2014Two thumbs up for the Catfish and Grits. I was lickin my fingers. Great band and very fun crowd.Special Features:
- Good food, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Went on a Sunday evening, didn't realize there would be a live band, and the music was a bit loud for a party of 3 to sit, eat and try to talk. The food was excellent, very tasty and worth the money. I wish the service was better - we had 2 servers and on several occasions we had to look around for them. I ordered a 2nd drink and never received it, and had to ask 3 times about our peach cobbler. Other than that, I think we'll be back, but hopefully the service will be better next time.Special Features:
- I was waiting to eat at ButtonsPeggyBDined on 8/30/2014I had been waiting for a year to come and at at Buttons and I finally made it. My husband and I came to celebrate our anniversary . The food and atmosphhere were great but the building was in need of some repairs. Overall I enjoyed tugged experience.Special Features:
- A night out with the familyRisstyleDined on 8/27/2014My children and I went to Button's as a family night out for dinner. From the time we walked through the door we were greeted by a friendly staff with smiles. Our server was great he ensured all our needs were met, and he conversed with the children. The food was amazing, and plentiful. We'll definitely be back for more of the same ambiance, and music.Special Features:
- Buttons Is AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This place is Awesome. The food is so good and the music is nice.Special Features:
- Perfect LocationHazeJDined on 8/23/2014This is the perfect place for a friendly atmosphere. Great food! Great Band! Great Service! On the noisy side, but the perfect place for the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notafanofdiningoutDined on 8/17/2014The service was bad. Waiter appeared to be new to the profession. didn't come back to refill our drinks until we asked although he passed us several times to serve others. Took forever to bring our initial drinks (ice tea & a mimosa). Had confused look, didn't smile until we left tip. Overall, the waiter seemed lost. Another thing, a family sitting across from us left their take-out bag. I informed the waiter and he took the bag and went outside the back of the restaurant to deliver it to her at the front entrance instead of walking across the floor to the front which made more sense to me. We were in the very back of the restaurant so I thought that was strange but perhaps it's their policy.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantDivasDined on 8/16/2014Overall this is a great restaurant. It took an hour to be seated despite a reservation. However once seated the food was good, the waiter was also good and the band rocked. It was a fun night for me and my girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musical chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The music is awesome . The food is pretty good , although the drinks seem pricey they are generous with the alcohol which makes up for the price. As for the seating (big foul). I've been here a few times now, twice I made reservations and twice I've been seated in the booth in the corner in the back near the rear exit where you can barely see the stage. When I made the reservation I specifically requested a table on the floor. When I arrived I was escorted to the rear bypassing available seating on the floor. When I asked about those tables I was told they were reserved. Umm, didn't I have reservations? The one time I didn't make reservations I got a seat on the floor. What's that about? If reservations mean nothing, why make one?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlyguyDined on 8/13/2014We were visiting from The Bahamas on vacation and found Buttons to be a wonderful delight. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE FOODtmadison93Dined on 7/30/2014Great atmoshpere, okay wait staff and horrible food. I never ate food that tastes like air. I payed 80.00 for crap. Will I return? Yes only for the entertainment and a beer no mixed drink( horrible drinks)Special Features:
- Dining OutButtonLoverDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious but did not come to the table warm. This was the first time this has occurred as we have dine here several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the same 2nd time around9yearsDined on 7/27/2014This was my 2nd time but my husbands 1st. I OVER the top rated this place as excellent. we were seated right away but we were also neglected. Three people sat next to us and their hostess never showed up so they left. It took our food order 50mins to arrive. Ordered that OVER PRICED steak that was so not worth the price. Did i mention it was my anniversary. So for my husband i was really sadden for him. He had high hopes from me talking about your place. We might try again on a saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT! !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Me and my wife came up from Oklahoma to celebrate our Anniversary. We wenot and enjoyEd ourselves for the first time at this place. It wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodgoodaok1Dined on 7/25/2014This is the second time I've been. First time was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live2silee4uDined on 7/23/2014The live band in addition to the relaxed scene really sets this place off. The staff is friendly and the food was pretty good overall. I took my mom there for her 52nd birthday two days ago and she enjoyed herself. Got up and started stepping with the other people in the middle of the floor. I went on a Wednesday night around 7pm and the crowd that night was definitely and older crowd (40+).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWonderfullyZDined on 7/20/2014II was definitely disappointed with this last visit that I may think twice before returning. Upon seating, the hostess asked if we could be done by 2:30 because another reservation is scheduled then. I told her I'm sorry we had a reservation too, so why should we be rushed?! Although our server was nice and personable, he wasn't visible much and I ended up having to ask the hostess to provide us with silverware. The buffet did not stay stocked, which was not due to an excessive crowd. The food did not remain hot and taste has been better. I left the venue feeling empty and disappointed. I should have simply ordered from the menu because the buffet was not worth it. Plus, there was no live entertainment as promised.Special Features:
- Enjoyed The Food - But no bandjazzyfoodjointsDined on 7/20/2014I truly enjoyed the food at Buttons in Addison, TX. However, I was disappointed about not having a live band. When we made reservation, it showed that there would be a live band. When we arrived, we only heard Luther playing in the background, which, of course, was not a bad thing. We enjoyed the music that was playing, but were expecting a live band. Nevertheless, I ordered the salmon/spinach/potatoes, which were amazing, my hubby ordered the chicken and waffles, which he truly enjoyed. I truly enjoyed the food and the service. The waiter was courteous and check on us constantly, which we appreciated. I was expecting to pay a lot, but the tab was very affordable. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Good FoodDiningDollDined on 7/20/2014We had the brunch buffet. The food was excellent!! There was a good selection of lunch and breakfast options. I would come back for the greens, mac and cheese and cheesy grits any day!! Definitely satisfying soul food. I would recommend the restaurant puts covers over the food to keep hot and preserve freshness. Overall, I highly recommend Buttons for the food.Special Features:
- Kicked OutSirlioDined on 7/19/2014Entrees were average. Sweet potato pie is the best you'll find at a restaurant. Live Music was great. DJ music was too loud. They kinda politely kick u out after 2 hours - even if u are still buying drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food good musicFoodie1986Dined on 7/18/2014The food was amazing as usual but the music was mediocre compared to previous experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!mikem79Dined on 7/18/2014Overall, it was a great experience. I always feel a little rushed when im there though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Waiter Saved the DayWaiterDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant stops serving Sunday brunch and closes at 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm, and reopens at 5:00 for dinner. Unaware of the closing time I made reservations for the first available time 3:00 pm. I ordered from the menu and was very happy with my order. My friends could not decide. The waiter was patient allowed them to change their orders and everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and fun!tinamarieDined on 7/12/2014Chose Button's Addison for my 28th birthday dinner; VERY fun! Natural Change was playing--bring them back! Had a great table on the main floor, our waiter was attentive and fun, made sure we were happy at all times. Chicken and waffles were DELISH! Oxtails were amazing, too, so tender. That knockout punch definitely packs a punch! Music was jumping, loud enough to make the room hop without overpowering the night. Thanks for a great birthday dinner!Special Features:
- Great experience!LilJay63Dined on 7/10/2014Enjoyed the Chicken and Waffle dinner, it was really, really good. I went there for a birthday celebration and enjoyed every minute. The atmosphere with the band playing and the delicious food made the evening a memorable moment. I can't wait to return and become a regular customer. Great, great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Band with BrunchOitsmelgDined on 7/6/2014This was the first time that I had brunch at Buttons, but it will not be my last. I was not impressed with the buffet so my friend and I ordered off of the regular menu which is very limited also. The wait for the food was rather long, but the entertainment in the building definitely made up for the minor aforementioned things. The house band opened with gospel songs which were very fitting for a Sunday afternoon. Over the course of the meal, the selections changed into smooth R&B songs. The singer was awesome and made the experience! The chicken and waffles are always a safe bet when eating here. I highly recommend them and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch123asdDined on 7/6/2014Very limited menu choice on Sunday, especially if you refuse to eat buffet food.Special Features:
- Great food, slower serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014I enjoyed Buttons both times I visited my only real complaint is that service is a little slow. Not for receiving food, I'm ok with my food being prepared properly, but for waitresses coming to check water or drinks and appetizers.Special Features: