Buttons Food and Music-Addison
15207 Addison Rd
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Buttons Food and Music-Addison
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buttonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9725032888
- Hours of Operation:
Sun: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM Mon - Wed: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Thu 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Fri 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM Sat 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Keith "Buttons" Hicks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buttons’ Catering offers the Buttons' experience for all of your special occasions. Our professional staff will work one-on-one with you to ensure everything exceeds your expectations. Whether you are hosting a corporate luncheon, wedding reception, family reunion or a gathering in your home, we are confident when we say we bring the WOW! factor.
- Private Party Facilities: Buttons in Addison offers the perfect space for your private dining needs. This swanky enclosed patio features sliding doors that close for intimate gatherings. The Buttons patio seats 75 guests comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Benfield or N.M. Shabazz 9725032888
- Entertainment: Buttons hosts live music 7 nights a week, featuring Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Motown, Old School R&B, Contemporary R&B, 70's-80's-90's Hits.
A word from Buttons Food and Music-Addison
Buttons Restaurant is built around the idea that food and music are universal. Buttons is an upscale Southern-chic restaurant and live music venue featuring authentic Southern-comfort dishes that are soothing to the soul. This hip spot boasts an eclectic flair and upbeat vibe where guests can savor tantalizing southern cuisines, listen to the melodic sounds of new and old school favorites and enjoy the robust beats of live musical performances. A flavorful menu showcases the award-winning entrées of Chef Keith "Buttons" Hicks.Continued
• A small entertainment fee of $5 is collected on Friday and Saturday evenings.
• A small entertainment fee of $5 is collected on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Buttons Food and Music-Addison - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Buttons Food and Music-Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (43)good for groups (41)special occasion (40)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (30)late-night find (28)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fun night to Celebrate a BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food, crowd and music was just right for a celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCandyDined on 10/19/2014the food and service was great it was a lovely experience we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The booth seating too lowCodeBluDined on 10/19/2014Will request a table instead of a booth next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ AutomosphereLiveBandDined on 10/18/2014Took my family who came in from out of town here for their birthday and we had such a wonderful time. Our Server Keith was outstanding, food was good & band was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!romantic2Dined on 10/18/2014This was my husband and I first time at Buttons and it was fantastic. I used the open table reservation and was immediately seated upon arrival. Our waitress was oustanding, quick and friendly. The food was excellent and ambiance just right! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I really like going here and every time I have out of town guess I make it a point to take them here. The food is ALWAYS great and the live bands be on point. Perfect place to have good food and nice entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Reservations at 6. Seated immediately. Nice ambience. Waiter Keyton was great. Personable, informative and he made us feel very comfortable, with it being our visit. He even offered to take a picture for us. We left before the band started but the big screens were a nice touch. Comfortable booths. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TxTransplantDined on 10/12/2014Very nice place to celebrate any occasion and take it the Button's experience. Both locations offer something different yet unique and will not be a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 10/11/2014I had a fabulous experience with the staff as they worked hard & fast to make certain me & my guest were seated on time for my birthday celebration. The food was awesome & arrived really fast as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingGottosupportitDined on 10/11/2014I really loved how quickly we were seated with our reservation as it was our first time there. I love how small the food menu was but I think a little more variety in the seafood section would blow the menu out of the water. My husband was looking for a stuffed fish because he knows that this restaurant would be able to Ace that type of entree. Think about it Mr Owner. . Also I liked how professional the manager was in asking us to relinquish our seat for the next reservation. I didnt feel as if I was put out, I felt comfortable in the way he addressed us. He used my husband's first name which made it feel comfy and familiar. We plan on making Buttons our go to spot in the future. We really enjoyed ourselves. Now about that parking...hmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hour table limitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014After dinner a HUDGE BUG crawled from somewhere landed on one of the ladies hand which created a scene. When the situation was reported one of the ladies in my party asked for another table and was told we had been at the table for 3 hours and she was not going to give us another table. I didn't know Buttons had a 2 hour table limit I would have chosen another venue we were celebrating my sisters birthday she requested Buttons. She drove to Dallas from Houston I can understand the situation with the BUG being told we had been holding a table for 3 hours was unacceptable. We were not just holding a table we were ordering drinks. I've had several b'day parties at Buttons also been there many times. Thanks
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014party of 8 .....seated on floor by band. appeared to other available seating ...seating may have been perfect for a couple...they could have whispered in each others ear. but the seating did not encourage conversation between 8 people... you should have a brunch menu only, access to entire menu caused much confusion nor could the waiter could hear our orders, which caused several problems with reorder so everyone did not eat together. but all in all it was an interesting experience and i will try again late night would probably be ideal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Atmosphere, butLiveBandDined on 9/27/2014I'm always please with the food here, but I can't say the same about how the front staff handles seating. It's always unorganized, we arrived 30 min before our reservation time, we we're given a pager and still ended up waiting an additional 30 min to be seated after our scheduled reservation time and after the pager went off. I feel when you have a reservation this is unacceptable. This has happened to me too often in the times I've eaten here. Once seated the Waiters are generally on top of things and the food is always good.The Atmosphere and live band is grown & sexy, that's what I love the most!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy2luvDined on 9/27/2014All that matters to me is that my wife was very,very pleased. Enough said ! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very frustratedlikenicediningDined on 9/26/2014This was not my first time at buttons it will be the last. I made a reservation over month before my visit because we were coming in from out of town and I wanted to make sure we could have a nice dining experience. When we arrived we were told your table is not ready 45 min later we were still waiting. Had to go and inquire about our table. I have never made a reservation anywhere and had to wait that length of time. When I made the reservation and when I checked in I asked to be seated in the front dining area to hear the band. We were seated way in the back in a corner. They brought my car to me on a flat from valet! The manager said he could take responsibility. We will be seeking compensation for the tire we had to purchase.
- OutstandingLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014The food was outstanding. We ordered the famous chicken and waffles as well as the fried shrimp, fried catfish and grits. The band and Dj were both phenomenal. They played hits that got the crowd up and dancing. The waiter was great. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and our waiter brought over the owner to wish her a Happy Birthday. I would definitely recommend making reservations in advance. The only issue was valet parking. It took us over 20 minutes to get our automobile out of valet. But, we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- BirthdayBday1Dined on 9/19/2014I had a great time, making it a special night for my husband on his Birthday. The staff at buttons was very efficient in getting us seated upon arrival and made sure that we were well taken care of with speedy service. We had a great table and the food was great!!! Thank you buttons staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Mt birthday was wonderful! My group stayed a little longer than 2 hours and we was so happy about that! I think it was so but whatever we enjoyed it! I would love to make it to Happy Hour more it's just hard for me to make it from Arlington to Addison by 630! I will return again and again and again! The Bartender Brodrick made my Birthday wonderful! Love him and his team.Special Features:
- Good Food Good MusicFoodaholicDined on 9/14/2014Where else can you go to be entertained while you eat! Kill two birds with one stone by heading over to Buttons. The bands are always different so it's nice that the restaurant showcases different groups from the Metroplex. And the food is DELICIOUS. Get on their mailing list for various specials and eat, dance, and ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CakyDinDined on 9/12/2014Fabulous food! The chef/owner (Buttons) comes out and speaks with you about your experience and offered my son a job!Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 9/7/2014Waitress was inattentive, rushed, uninformed about the menu. Food was cold! The doors didn't open til right at reservation time...not a minute before 11am. Terrible, silverware was dirty. Had better experience at FT. Worth location. Over priced for quality.
- no seatingSha95Dined on 9/6/2014I made an 8:30 reservation and still had to wait 45 minutes for a seat. I expressed my grandmother could not stand much longer so I was taken to a table in the corner behind a wall. The only other seat that was available was directly in front of the band, which was not good for my 78 year grandmother. Being that I made a reservation that seating was not acceptable. After waiting for a hour we decided to leave.
- texasDined on 9/6/2014Fun time, good food and great service, love the live band Les and the Funk Mob.Special Features:
- Great Soul FoodlovasteakDined on 8/31/2014Two thumbs up for the Catfish and Grits. I was lickin my fingers. Great band and very fun crowd.Special Features:
- Good food, lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Went on a Sunday evening, didn't realize there would be a live band, and the music was a bit loud for a party of 3 to sit, eat and try to talk. The food was excellent, very tasty and worth the money. I wish the service was better - we had 2 servers and on several occasions we had to look around for them. I ordered a 2nd drink and never received it, and had to ask 3 times about our peach cobbler. Other than that, I think we'll be back, but hopefully the service will be better next time.Special Features:
- I was waiting to eat at ButtonsPeggyBDined on 8/30/2014I had been waiting for a year to come and at at Buttons and I finally made it. My husband and I came to celebrate our anniversary . The food and atmosphhere were great but the building was in need of some repairs. Overall I enjoyed tugged experience.Special Features:
- A night out with the familyRisstyleDined on 8/27/2014My children and I went to Button's as a family night out for dinner. From the time we walked through the door we were greeted by a friendly staff with smiles. Our server was great he ensured all our needs were met, and he conversed with the children. The food was amazing, and plentiful. We'll definitely be back for more of the same ambiance, and music.Special Features:
- Buttons Is AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This place is Awesome. The food is so good and the music is nice.Special Features:
- Perfect LocationHazeJDined on 8/23/2014This is the perfect place for a friendly atmosphere. Great food! Great Band! Great Service! On the noisy side, but the perfect place for the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notafanofdiningoutDined on 8/17/2014The service was bad. Waiter appeared to be new to the profession. didn't come back to refill our drinks until we asked although he passed us several times to serve others. Took forever to bring our initial drinks (ice tea & a mimosa). Had confused look, didn't smile until we left tip. Overall, the waiter seemed lost. Another thing, a family sitting across from us left their take-out bag. I informed the waiter and he took the bag and went outside the back of the restaurant to deliver it to her at the front entrance instead of walking across the floor to the front which made more sense to me. We were in the very back of the restaurant so I thought that was strange but perhaps it's their policy.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantDivasDined on 8/16/2014Overall this is a great restaurant. It took an hour to be seated despite a reservation. However once seated the food was good, the waiter was also good and the band rocked. It was a fun night for me and my girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Musical chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The music is awesome . The food is pretty good , although the drinks seem pricey they are generous with the alcohol which makes up for the price. As for the seating (big foul). I've been here a few times now, twice I made reservations and twice I've been seated in the booth in the corner in the back near the rear exit where you can barely see the stage. When I made the reservation I specifically requested a table on the floor. When I arrived I was escorted to the rear bypassing available seating on the floor. When I asked about those tables I was told they were reserved. Umm, didn't I have reservations? The one time I didn't make reservations I got a seat on the floor. What's that about? If reservations mean nothing, why make one?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlyguyDined on 8/13/2014We were visiting from The Bahamas on vacation and found Buttons to be a wonderful delight. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE FOODtmadison93Dined on 7/30/2014Great atmoshpere, okay wait staff and horrible food. I never ate food that tastes like air. I payed 80.00 for crap. Will I return? Yes only for the entertainment and a beer no mixed drink( horrible drinks)Special Features:
- Dining OutButtonLoverDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious but did not come to the table warm. This was the first time this has occurred as we have dine here several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the same 2nd time around9yearsDined on 7/27/2014This was my 2nd time but my husbands 1st. I OVER the top rated this place as excellent. we were seated right away but we were also neglected. Three people sat next to us and their hostess never showed up so they left. It took our food order 50mins to arrive. Ordered that OVER PRICED steak that was so not worth the price. Did i mention it was my anniversary. So for my husband i was really sadden for him. He had high hopes from me talking about your place. We might try again on a saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT! !!secretdateDined on 7/25/2014Me and my wife came up from Oklahoma to celebrate our Anniversary. We wenot and enjoyEd ourselves for the first time at this place. It wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodgoodaok1Dined on 7/25/2014This is the second time I've been. First time was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live2silee4uDined on 7/23/2014The live band in addition to the relaxed scene really sets this place off. The staff is friendly and the food was pretty good overall. I took my mom there for her 52nd birthday two days ago and she enjoyed herself. Got up and started stepping with the other people in the middle of the floor. I went on a Wednesday night around 7pm and the crowd that night was definitely and older crowd (40+).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWonderfullyZDined on 7/20/2014II was definitely disappointed with this last visit that I may think twice before returning. Upon seating, the hostess asked if we could be done by 2:30 because another reservation is scheduled then. I told her I'm sorry we had a reservation too, so why should we be rushed?! Although our server was nice and personable, he wasn't visible much and I ended up having to ask the hostess to provide us with silverware. The buffet did not stay stocked, which was not due to an excessive crowd. The food did not remain hot and taste has been better. I left the venue feeling empty and disappointed. I should have simply ordered from the menu because the buffet was not worth it. Plus, there was no live entertainment as promised.Special Features: