Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro
3845 Yaqui Pass Road
Borrego Springs, CA 92004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lacasadelzorro.com/
- Phone: 7607670100
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kurt Hauser
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro
For generations, the Butterfield Room Restaurant has been the home of the region’s most elegant dining. The Butterfield tradition of gourmet cuisine that features a creative and inspiring selection of continental dishes has been revived with a new dedication to culinary excellence. Guests enjoy quiet luxury, an acclaimed wine list, a superb Sunday brunch, and impeccable service. The Butterfield Room Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro - Best Restaurants in Borrego Springs ›
Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Needs workPickeeDined on 7/19/2014Servers adequate not friendly. Menu the same each day,apparent chefs specials never revealed. Most menu selections more suitable for lunch. No bread offered. Servers undercharged or forgot wine or drinks on the bill, not good for business. Pool beverage service very poor. No room service menu available.
- Birthday dinnerFarmerDined on 5/29/2014The German cheese appetizer was fabulous! The menu offers a wide variety of entrees and salad choices. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Expensive for poor quality food and service. The staff may need some more training in customer service. Horriable experience. Would not recommend this place. I hear the brunch is good, but we will never find out as we will never go back to this restaurant.
- Memorial Day weekendssnadoDined on 5/25/2014IWe had dinner Sunday night, two of us.Our server was attentive but not intrusive. We started with the ceaser salad which was delicious.I ordered the scallops, the presentation was good and the food excellent. My husband had the tri-tip. The flavor of the tri-tip was fantastic but a little on the salty side . The side of ranch beans with his dinner were undercooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Mother's Day BrunchBP26Dined on 5/11/2014Took my mother, wife and kids to the Mother's Day Brunch. Food was outstanding. Good value for the meal. Beautiful setting. Great time had by all. I would Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Butterfield Dining Room - La Casa del Zorro reviews archive.
- Out in the desertHungry123VIPDined on 4/18/2014Lovely dining room. Acceptable service but no one is friendly. Food is well prepared but overpriced. Guess that's what you get when you're the only show in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it's back.rednickDined on 3/29/2014This was my first time back to the Butterfield Room since it reopened. We were seated by Dee a very competent and welcoming hostess. We ate out on the patio which was lovely. The service was a little slow but I would rather have that as opposed to being rushed. We enjoyed a bottle of the house wine and it was very reasonably priced. The food was very good. The chef had no problem accommodating my request for something not listed on the menu. The server was pleasant and very competent. This is by far the best restaurant in Borrego Springs. We enjoyed the experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Icon is backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014The new Zorro is back and performing well===Great food[Kit fox salad with avocado and dates was a smash==1/2 portion was more than enough--Scallops were fresh and tasty] ==Excellent service == the Terrace is very nice, if weather permits ----I would have awarded ***** , except for the wine selection. VERY ordinary supermarket selections, with exorbitant pricing !!!!!! == Best to bring a bottle from the cellar, and pay the fair corkage of $15.00.===J.Special Features:
- Not good experience. WaitMapearleDined on 3/27/2014Not good experience. Wait forever and and food arrived cold did comp us but looking more for a great time. M
- This has been a favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014This has been a favorite restaurant for many years…And the re-opening has made us very happy. We were delighted with everything and hope the restaurant and resort continues in the same wonderful way.Special Features:
- UnderstaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014We love La Casa - but this night they were severely understaffed. After 20 minutes of waiting to place a beverage order, I went to the bar and got our drinks myself. Don't most restaurants have people on call for those nights when they are unexpectedly busy? Food mostly great except rice so undercooked it was actually crunchy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon DeliteLagunticDined on 3/17/2014Lovley place for lunch, great burgers and salads, very relaxing Great Cosmos wonderful service, a hidden treasureSpecial Features:
- Tasty!JoyfulDined on 3/8/2014Very tasty Fox Kit Salad, scallops, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, no flour chocolate cake...yummy. I have had much better virgin pina coladas. Very nice service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for two..TheBestDined on 2/15/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner in the restaurant on Saturday night. Your results may vary.. We're by no means restaurant or food snobs, and we rarely dine at such a nice establishment... When we approached the hostess stand, all she said was, "reservation?". I was expecting a greeting at the least. There was no other talk, as she just grabbed menus and we followed her to the table. The place was busy, but all the tables weren't full. One of the waiters was almost running around. Our salads came out at different times, which we found odd. Then there was a really long gap until our food came. No one asked how the food was or how we were doing. The staff was very quiet. We enjoyed our food, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VDAYluv2dinealsoDined on 2/14/2014Very glad that La Casa Del Zorro is open once again. Ambiance was missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dayvonnie48Dined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent, had a corner secluded table so atmosphere was super. Went for a early seating, thus less noise and more intimate. The price per couple was over the top, but since a special day and celebration, didn't mind. Service was excellent and wine list complete. Personal attention by the chef was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014The Butterfield Room is not to miss if you are in or passing through Borrego Springs. We went for an early Valentine's Day dinner and were blown away by the food (macadamia crusted halibut was delicious!). It's nice to have a fine dining option available in Borrego Springs. Will definitely dine there again sometime soon!Special Features:
- Good Dining Experiencepamk1Dined on 2/1/2014My husband and I have eaten here twice since they reopened. Good selection of appetizers and salads with small but good variety. The diver scallop main course were expertly prepared and the staff was able to give me extra vegetables and removing the mashed potatoes. Changes did not appear to be a problem for them, very willing to alter the selection. The Cambozola (Camembert and gorgonzola) cheese appetizer is delicious but VERY rich, good to be shared for 2 or more. We were very satisfied with dinner but since it was my husband's birthday, we ordered the salted caramel cheesecake to take...they graciously gave it to us for free...even added a candle for him! The wait staff was very attentive and helpful. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Borrego Springs gem...MarkDined on 1/25/2014Impressive effort for a Borrego Springs location. Food was definitely above average. You pay a premium but you are in the middle of the desert. Filet was excellent, small proportions but worth the price. Wine list was a bit limited. We had a party of 10 and each couple brought a bottle. The $15 corkage fee seemed reasonable all things considered. They did not balk at 5 bottles! This is the best restaurant in Borrego hands down.
- Birthday DinnerluvSupperDined on 1/2/2014Good food; nice ambience sitting at a table by the fireplace; the timing of our food service was off a bit, but it could have just been a busy night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butterfield Dining RoomRPFawcettDined on 1/2/2014The ambiance of La Casa Del Zorro is great. The bar is really unique. However, our dining experience was dismal. The menu is limited. They did not have two things on the menu. They wanted $42 for Lamb Chops. I paid $32 for a Filet that was a poor piece of beef and not done appropriately. We paid $60 for a bottle of wine I can get at the Grocery store for $10.99. We had planned a weekend at the reopened Del Zorro but are now rethinking it. We would not eat again at the dining room. Bar menu is actually very good. We at there a couple of months ago.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/28/2013Ambience, service, food - all top notch. Best steak I've had in a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceSuebaDined on 12/21/2013The food was excellent. It was high gourmet but they do have a kids menu which was helpful for our 8 yr. old. Our server was excellent as well. The Kit Fox Salad is so delicious. My husband had the pasta and sd. it was delicious. I had the scallops and loved them. My son had the grilled cheese off of the kids menu and loved it. My husband had the blood orange mousse dessert and thought it was delicious. Even the coffee was amazing. It was such a pleasure to return to the Casa Del Zorro and have such a fine dining experience. I think I read that the original chef, Kurt, is back and I have to say, you can sure tell. I highly recommend the splurge here for both the atmosphere and especially the food. Welcome back Casa Del Zorro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Borrego SpringsfromeDined on 12/11/2013Yes, indeed a great addition to the dining out here. Classy restaurant; food cooked freshly, and served on very hot plates which was much appreciated. Keep it up!Special Features:
- Special occasion dinnerCinlouDined on 12/6/2013Great ambiance for a special occasion dinner with live light jazz/holiday piano music and a roaring fire in the background. Well-timed and friendly service. My husband had an excellent filet mignon dinner and I had a delicious vegetable rice pasta with fresh basil pesto sauce. Both entrees were artfully presented. The fig-citrus salad we shared before our entrees was to die for--so light, fresh and full of different flavors . The chef even created a special dessert for us. We would definitely return to try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but don't need to go backterranovaDined on 11/28/2013The Thanksgiving buffet was good. None of the dishes were exceptional, though none were bad, either. There was just nothing that I'd wish to have the recipe for. The service was hit or miss. The tables on either side of us had what seemed to be good service; offers of drinks; plates cleared when they were done; offers of coffee with dessert. Our waitress brought us a wine menu; no mention of a full bar. She seemed to disappear from the dining room for long stretches. We finally had to ask one of the other waiters (who cleared our plates) if he could find her for us so that we could order coffee. It was good; delivered when we were mostly finished with dessert. The atmosphere was so-so; again, nothing really bad, just nothing exceptional.
- They're Back!MaryDined on 11/23/2013Yeah, Zorro and all its amenities are finally back in full swing. Such a fabulous desert gem.Special Features:
- The food was very marginal.imb55Dined on 11/17/2013The food was very marginal. the lettuce on the Caesar salad was wilted. The scallops came to the table cold and really had no flavor. The steak also had no flavor and the vegetables had too much seasoning on them. Need lots of work on the food.
- Great get away!JoyceDined on 11/1/2013If you want to get away from the city and have a wonderful drive and wonderful desert atmosphere, this is the place to go. We thoroughly enjoyed the ambience and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BorregoDDennyDined on 10/26/2013We had drinks in the Fox Den because we arrived early. Awesome Margaritas. Dinner was divine. Had an appetizer with melted brie and garlic.... perfect Ceaser salad.. seriously the best I have ever had. All entrees in our party were cooked to perfection. A great dining experience over all.Special Features:
- About as good as it getsshelbyDined on 10/18/2013We are a repeat customer for over the past 10+ years. Upscale, beautiful ambiance, great service, and reasonable priced for the level quality food and service provided. A special occasion place that is relaxed and comfortable, table cloths and all. Expect $$$ for dinner, breakfast and lunch but you get what you pay for. This is an upscale place and the only game in town for a lovely dinner. Great for couples. Wonderful outside dinning in the Season, Oct to early Spring. Recommend.Special Features: