Butterfield 8 Stamford
112 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Butterfield 8 Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.butterfield8stamford.com/
- Phone: 2035048123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ralph Battista
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: BUtterfield 8 boasts the best Private Party Rooms in Fairfield County. Whether it is an after-work gathering with co-workers or a late night Birthday Celebration, BUtterfield 8 can accommodate groups of any size and for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8885146681
- Entertainment: Live Bands, Weekend DJ, 10 HD Plasma TVs
- Special Events: To Book your next event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Butterfield 8 Stamford
Business professional meets social scene in this Contemporary American Gastropub. Surrounded by warm wood-paneled walls, big leather booths & oversized lamp shades, this bi-level restaurant offers a unique dining experience perfect for corporate power lunches, after-work cocktails or pre and post theatre dining. The uniquely designed menu offers a large selection of small plates, sandwiches, salads and entrees to suit any taste. Behind the bar, an outstanding wine list, local micro-brews and a large selection of hand-crafted specialty cocktails are offered. For the sports fan, large HDTV plasma screens broadcast the big games. Private parties, large groups & special events are welcome, with private dining & event space available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butterfield 8 Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
- I took the family for Mother'sRickDined on 5/12/2013I took the family for Mother's Day, everyone loved the food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited Butterfield 8 as parttalekiDined on 2/25/2013Visited Butterfield 8 as part of Restaurant Week. There was only one server, who was also the bartender, and he was great. He made sure we were always attended to and made sure that all issues were addressed. I ordered the hangar steak medium rare, which arrived medium well. He had the kitchen make an entire new dish with the steak cooked correctly. The food was overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- Decent food, but waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Decent food, but waitress did not want to be there. Sat with her phone, never delivered any of our food or cleared any dinner entrees. Forgot a drink and just lacked overall service. Terrible. When we asked her to tell us about a sauce that came with a burger, she said its just a sauce.
- Never going backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2012We were very disappointed with this place. The food was beyond terrible. It tasted like it came from a can. For the amount of money we paid, we could have had an amazing dinner elsewhere. We only went because of the good reviews, but we will never go back.
- Try This Place for Lunch Next! It!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2012I, along with two of my colleagues, enjoyed lunch at Butterfield 8 just recently. My only question is why there were so few people in this great restaurant? The food and service were outstanding. This is my hird time eating lunch there and it has never failed to impress me! Everything was fresh and delicious and the server was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I plan to return with a larger group next time and I really hope more people will try this place for its varied menu, delicious food, great location, and superb service!Special Features:
- its ok. went for the happyArun118tDined on 9/19/2012its ok. went for the happy hour too but not too many beerson the listSpecial Features:
- Horrible service, food wasParticularVIPDined on 9/11/2012Horrible service, food was disappointing. It has seen better days
- The restaurant bills itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/8/2012The restaurant bills itself as a gastro pub but it does not really fit that nor any other niche as it is trying to be too many things in one big space. The service and the food were good, but the size of the place (made worse by being fairly empty on a Saturday night at 7:30), the lighting, and the lack of coziness contradicted it's billing as a pub. It has a lot of potential, and with some plants and candles maybe, or tighter seating, it would "feel" better. Maybe the bar scene picks up later but it needs something to make it the neighborhood place it could be.
- A colleague raved about theJennyMacVIPDined on 9/5/2012A colleague raved about the NYC location so when I saw the restaurant had a sister location in Stamford I had to visit. I loved the food but what was even better is my great conversations with the GM, Doug and the new chef, Matt. They are both so outgoing, personable and accommodating. theirs restaurant is a perfect fit for a single guest or large parties. Great food, great vision and great atmosphere. I am typically in Manhatten weekly for work but we have a project in Stamford. I will definitely rec this venue to my colleagues on the project.Special Features:
- Nice mid-week PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2012The bar area is about 50% of total area, so when the bar is full (as it often is) the dining area is very noisy. The back room is much quieter but has less ambiance. The food is pretty good but the menu tends to be small. Nice decor, friendly service. We go here frequently mid-week when it is less busy.Special Features:
- They revamped their wholeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2012They revamped their whole menu, and now it's excellent, well thought out dishes. I will definitely go again soon!Special Features:
- Great dinner,gun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012It was a wonderful experience. The food was very tasty ...I had the salmon, the service excellent and the restaurant is big and fun.Special Features:
- Noisiest restaurant I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/28/2012Noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. It is really a bar with a little foodSpecial Features:
- Blah-tterfield 8OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2012When you are one table of only 6 occupied, you would think the restaurant wouldn't run out of certain food. We had to settle for our second entree choices in addition to them not having the correct liquor for their signature drinks. It was a good thing we were using a groupon, because the food and ambiance were definitely not worth full price. Oh, and it took about 30 minutes for the servers and manager to figure out how to settle our bill with the groupon. I'm exhausted just thinking about the night.
- poor service,no tea spoons,oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012poor service,no tea spoons,one order late,person ate after everyone else
- Had a great time drinkingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/20/2012Had a great time drinking and eating here with a few friends. They have macaroni and cheese but it is NOT on their menu - you have to ask for it. It is delicious.Special Features:
- This has all the makings ofHappyskiDined on 11/18/2011This has all the makings of a good restaurant but it just doesn't deliver.Special Features:
- Nice, Good Food but Smoke...SuzzeDined on 11/16/2011Odd decor. People smoking outside of restaurant tainted the experience. The smoke wafted in and smelled gross. Not the restaurant's fault, but it ruined my experience.Special Features:
- Waitress charged us for tea,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2011Waitress charged us for tea, when we didnt order tea. Service was slow.
- Very salty food. AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/21/2011Very salty food. Appetizers were small and the nachos appetizer came to the table ice cold. The doors were left open, allowing cigarette smoke from the crowd smoking outside to fill the restaurant. The carpet in the "dining room" needs to be vacuumed and eventually (sooner than later) replaced. I would not return.Special Features:
- Open air windows in the frontLoveToEatVIPDined on 8/8/2011Open air windows in the front were a nice touch until people started smoking cigars. The smoke just permeated the restaurant and we were all the way in the back.
- Great lunch on a sunny day!!KatiegolfDined on 7/28/2011We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch during this first visit. We chose a somewhat ecclectic mix and yet each dish was perfectly prepared so it could easily stand on its own. I wholly intend to return for dinner, hopefully in the near future,Special Features:
- Very Strange..we ate thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2011Very Strange..we ate there on a beautiful saturday night...the restaurant was virtually empty when other neighborhood restaurants were packed...food was ok but emptiness definitely a downer..don't see how they survive
- great service! Filet slidersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011great service! Filet sliders were outstanding! Service was exceptional!
- A Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011We went to Butterfield 8 and had a great time. The new menu was much better and the food was very good.Our waitress was very attentive and extremely friendly. We sat in the front and as we were finishing dinner the bar was getting packed for the night. Looked like a fun place to be later in the night.Special Features:
- It was a lovely evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011It was a lovely evening. Gret Bar space. It is however in Stamford not stanford as you info says:)Special Features:
- Discovered this place becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2011Discovered this place because of Opentable spotlight deal. Bar scene was bivrant, but we were the only diners. Food was OK, but menu was rather limited. I guess focus of restaurant is on the bar. There was a special going on Wednesday night, with bottled wines at half price. Good deal. We were told the spotlight deal should not be used in conjunction with the special. Members should be aware of this. However, they honored the coupon anyway for us that night.Special Features:
- The food, overall, was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/29/2011The food, overall, was really really good. A couple of notes: the duck quesadilla was a bit greasy and the kobe sliders (which were delicious) were not cooked consistently. The pulled pork sliders were amazing and the red velvet cake for dessert was excellent.Special Features:
- The food was okay but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2011The food was okay but the service was unacceptable slow. It was an early reservation on a Saturday and so the restaurant was 1/4 fill. It took 25 minutes to get our first drinks, another 20 minutes to get our order taken and another 20 minutes before it came out missing parts of it. By the time we actually saw the waitress to actually grab the missing plates we were done with eating. She never asked us if we wanted a second drink
- A very 'young' restaurant/bar!JLT007Dined on 3/12/2011A very 'young' restaurant/bar! We felt extremely old and we're only in our 30's!! It was very loud. The food was OK though.Special Features:
- Two Words: Run AwayMistralVIPDined on 3/12/2011Was there for lunch during restaurant week. Two issues: #1 Don't wait to be seated. You will grow old and die. One of our party went and located a hostess so we could get a table. #2: the service was just plain bad. I don't know what the problem could have been. It wasn't crowded, as there were only 4 parties in the dining area. The food, once it, arrived, was good. Or maybe it was that I was starving by the time it finally came, an *hour* after we were seated. I don't mean it took 35 min and I'm exaggerating, I mean it took a full *hour*. Was the kitchen understaffed? Was it b/c they use runners? Is it they just don't care? I don't know. The bar is loud (music, TVs). Not a criticism, just and observation.
- Much beter than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2011Went to this relatively new site post movie. Happen to hit it on a "restaurant week" night with special menu at discounted price in addtition to the regular menu. Food very good to excellent. Service impecable. Bar was busy, somewhat loud as NCAA league championships being played. All in all, a very nice experience & food. Wine list somewhat limited.Special Features:
- I visited Butterfield 8 withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2011I visited Butterfield 8 with a friend on a Saturday night during Stamford's Restaurant Week. We started with some cocktails, and then ordered from the speacial menu. $15.01 for a salad and a dinner course--can't really beat that! My friend said her chicken was dry, but my skirt steak with mashed potatoes and crispy onions was delicious. The service was pretty slow, and there was more than one occassion where we had empty drinks, but it was a busy Saturday. I'll be back to Butterfield!Special Features:
- We were there forvthe happyArun118tDined on 2/24/2011We were there forvthe happy hour and it was so crowded which was nice. Later we had dinner the sandwiches were very good. The portions were big. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- It's your average to slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2011It's your average to slightly above average typical bar food.
- Such a bad experience...SteveGDined on 1/1/2011We had a part of 4, and the food and service were terrible - and to make matters worse, when I got the bill, I noticed that they added a 20% gratuity into the check. So when the credit card receipt came, I entered INCL in the tip area so I wouldn't tip twice, and when I got my Amex statement, I saw they added an additional $10.00 without my permission, so I disputed with Amex and had the overcharge credited. What an overall bad experience.
- They've simplified the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2010They've simplified the menu a bit, but they're still producing good entrees at reasonable prices in a comfortable atmosphere. I continue to be amazed that the dining room is always empty, the weekend bar liquor sales must justify keeping the kitchen open all week long...
- We met friends there for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/16/2010We met friends there for dinner after purchasing a voucher from Living Social. We thought the food was good, not great. I didn't eat my soup as it was too salty and the waitress didn't even ask me about it. We thought it was entirely too loud in the restaurant with the ballgame on and all the bar people. It's definitely for a younger crowd. We were shocked that the bill included a more than 20% gratuity already added for a table of 4. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Went for a ladies night andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2010Went for a ladies night and wasn't disappointed! We had to wait for our table but it was worth it bc it was in the back room which was private and spacious. Our waitress was very friendly and prompt. We ordered 2 appetizers, 5 entrees, 3 bottles of wine and 2 cocktails and (including tax and tip) we each spent $31. It was well worth it and we can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- Not the place for a quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2010Not the place for a quite or romantic dinner, but a good place to go with a group of friends who want to have a few drinks and good food at a reasonable price.Special Features: