Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
65 East Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buteras.com/
- Phone: (631) 979-9113
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gary Butera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Miele 6319799113
A word from Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown, always well known for its generous portions and great value is also now featuring a family style dining menu to better accommodate our guests. Complete with a full bar and room for private, on premise catering, Butera's Restaurant has been serving the town of Smithtown and its surrounding areas for the last five years. Our staff is gracious and attentive and able to accommodate most requests. We hope to see you dining with us soon so that we can bring our welcoming family atmosphere to you just as we have with so many customers before.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (46)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (13)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014So noisy I could barely hear my date across the table but the food was excellent!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on a weekend!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Very disappointed with the noise level and lack of service shown on a recent Sat. Eve. Would not go back on a weekend.Special Features:
- not during restaurant weekLaurenDined on 11/8/2014I love this restaurant, however restaurant week is not the time to go. The service was mediocre at best and the menu was not as it was posted online. I definitely recommend going any other week as the food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualitysparklepuppyDined on 11/8/2014We live in Smithtown and have been to Butera's many times. We always are impressed with the food. Except for this past Saturday. What a disappointment. My husband was looking forward to the calamari all week. This was not the dish we have had many times before. Sauce was bland, calamari was too big and mushy. My mussels were just a step above the frozen kind. My husband had an entre off the Restaurant week menu - did not what the entire dinner. The waitress wasn't sure if it could be done. Finally asked the manager. the dish was $19. Supposed to have sausage and Broccoli Rabe. Needed a magnifier to find it. All pasta and cheese - not worth $19.00 Plus side, drinks were good If we go back it will be at the bar for a drink only.Special Features:
- Service not up to parBikenhikeDined on 11/7/2014We love Butera. The food is always good, and has never disappointed. This time, we had a group of three couples, and while the service started out good, the restaurant was very busy and we had to wait quite a long time for our Second round of wine to arrive, as we were out of wine by the time our food arrived. The bus boys kept the water glasses filled regularly, and our only complaint was the service slowing way down halfway through our meal. The food was fantastic as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTableMan3Dined on 11/4/2014We did a spur of the moment dinner and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime meetingLCHF4meDined on 11/3/2014Overall, the restaurant was lovely as a 1/2 way business meeting point (sort of) between Huntington and Stony Brook. There was a salad special that my 2 companions had that was reported as very good. I had the steak and gorgonzola salad which was really good, but I ordered the steak medium and it was medium in some pieces, rare in others, and black and blue in the ones I left over (could barely cut through)....I was bummed because the salad was otherwise yummy...Certainly would come back to try it again, perhaps for dinner with my husband....I'll let you know if turns out as perfect as I'm sure it can be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Local GemMPCriticDined on 11/1/2014Very nice ...Have been here for the second time and have not been disappointed. Good food, a bit tight and slightly noisy but then again it was a Saturday night. Did I mention that the price was reasonable. Well worth it..one of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Restaurant great.Irishgal1941Dined on 11/1/2014A nice place to go to if you get a good waitress, great food and we enjoyed our time there regardless of waitress.Special Features:
- Thank youlocalDined on 11/1/2014Butera's is fabulous. Warm staff, cozy, clean restaurant. Fantastic food. The menu has a nice variety of favorites. It's always a winner dining at Butera's.Special Features:
- Kat410Dined on 10/28/2014Large menu selection, interesting and tasty dishes, good food presentation, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great. Service was ok - it took a while for a server to come to us, and when she did, she was rushed. The one turnoff was the noise - tables placed very close together, and people were loud.Special Features:
- Too busy To Care About CustomersScooterDined on 10/25/2014Waitress refused any deviation to food saying "we're just too busy" All we want was no calamari in dish. salad lacked dressing Again excuse was there busy in kitchen. Waitress hit a water glass with a plate chipping glass n didn't even check glass. It was jagged and unuseable Overall forget this restaurant. Local place that's too busy to care
- tuner14Dined on 10/25/2014Food was good but the salad came out the same time the appetizer did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not exciting Italian foodTrinitychic7Dined on 10/11/2014I was happy to be going out for a nice date night meal with my hubby only to have my three course meal be rushed into an hour. No pacing at all...my entree came out while I was still eating salad and app. I had the rigatoni vodka with chicken and shrimp. The chicken was awful, the sauce was ok, but had too strong of a prosciutto flavor for me. The best thing we ate was the amaretto cake ( My hubby ordered) which was very good. My cannoli was too strong in the orange zest, but the shell was good. Overall I'm not sure I would return. I wanted to relax and enjoy all parts of the meal and wine, so I was disappointed it felt so rushed. Also a little loud for me for a nice date night.
- That's Italian!RicoDined on 10/5/2014Butera's is family owned and operated and it shows, as the maître d' leads a customer first operation. We appreciated that when 3 of our party of 8 arrived on time they were invited to be seated before the full party had assembled - a very nice touch. The comfortable dining room features well spaced tables and all in our anniversary party enjoyed the food, drink and attention of the staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- Too Noisystocks811Dined on 10/4/2014Food and service was outstanding- however I would not recommend this place if you have a large group or if your looking for ambiance- I went with another couple and we could not hear each other when speaking-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidJoshuaDined on 9/21/2014Best fried calamari I have had in a long time. Tender and crispy. The pasta was top notch. Not the best I have ever had, but outstanding for the price paid. Will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:
- Food and Service Incredible!FOODIE87Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic local restaurant with warm and friendly ambiance. Plentiful servings at reasonable pricing!Special Features:
- Buteras restaurant in SmithtownLode22Dined on 9/19/2014Always liked Buteras & their food, but our recent visit for dinner, we found the service wasn't like it used to be. Maybe they were short handed that night but we waited a good 10 minutes after being seated for our waitress to come over & ask if we wanted drinks. When we ordered a ceasar salad it came out very soggy as if it was sitting out for a while. The noise level was very high, extremely loud! It was hard to hear one another talk. Our waitress was very nice & accommodating but looked like she had a lot to handle. The food was delicious & came out in a timely fashion. I would still recommend Buteras but would tell them it's very noisy & perhaps to go for lunch or an early dinner(maybe it's not as busy & LOUD! Loved Buteras in Sayville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Local FeelEatRightDined on 9/19/2014Butera's has 3 restaurants on Long island and all are very good. The food is superb. The service varies with the server. It can get noisy, but that's somewhat a byproduct of success. Overall I recommend it.Special Features:
- Noisy but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 6 adults surrounded by families with children. We asked for a quiet table due to a party member being hearing impaired. Obviously, we had a very hard time communicating due to the noise. Most in our party thought their food was excellent. Someone complained of rubbery chicken. The food came about 3 minutes after the appetizer, so we felt very rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!luvmyfoodDined on 9/7/2014Came here for a Sunday dinner with my husband and son and had a great experience. The waitress was very attentive and informative. The calamari appetizer was very tender and all three of our meals came out nice and hot and were delicious. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Girls Night Out!NikkisauntDined on 9/6/2014Catching up with your friends over a good meal? Can't think of where to go? Butera's provides the venue. The food was great, and the options endless. The hardest part was choosing what to eat. Plenty of options and great portions when ordering family style. After my first girls night out, returned with a second group and plan on going back for more!Special Features:
- RecommendedBusterbytesDined on 9/6/2014Seating has always been timely with reservations, even when the restaurant is busy and the wait staff is quick, courteous and attentive. Meals are generously sized and can be served family style. The Rigatoni Butera is my family's favorite. The noise level is not conducive to a quiet conversation. Parking can be a challenge on a busy Saturday night and there is no valet. All in all, however, the quality of the meals and courtesy of the wait staff make this a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyPickyDinerDined on 9/5/2014Went with a group of 10. The service was great, food average but we could not hear a word anyone said.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We love the food but the table was in the corner and the volume of noise made it so we were unable to conduct a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Enough To Go BackdknyDined on 8/30/2014It's been a few years since we've been to Butera's. The menu changed and the service was less than good which was the real problem. We decided to go back and we overall we liked it. The food was very good for the most part: Goat Cheese Salad was delicious as was my favorite dessert - Amaretto and Almond Cake which was heated perfectly with Vanilla Ice Cream. The dinners were good and ok. I had Linguini with Shrimp and Broccoli in a white wine sauce which was very good and my husband had Rigatoni with Chicken and Shrimp Vodka which was eh - the vodka sauce was minimal and not the color you would expect it to be. I am sure it will taste good reheated. But the service (Rob) this time was outstanding which will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealKnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/29/2014Don't expect to be awed; but anticipate good food and excellent service. We went for lunch and enjoyed. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceBetteDined on 8/27/2014Received a gift card and were extemely please with the whole dining experience. Very nice dinner selection and the service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Always consistent meal qualityMarcoVIPDined on 8/23/2014wonderful assortment of great food. Always prepared perfectly. Our favorite place for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style italian at its best!!Lisa123Dined on 8/22/2014This is the place to go if you want a casual Italian meal with lots of food. You have the option of ordering anything in an individual or family size. For 4 adults we ordered a family size salad, pizza appetizer and family size chicken parm. and that was more than enough. It's easy to over order at Butera's.Special Features:
- Good, solid mealWillWork4FoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a great restaurant for a good, solid Italian meal. There is nothing outstanding or inventive on the menu but everything I have ever had here is good. A great place to bring your family or to catch up with old friends. The server we had was excellent. Very informative and accommodating. My friend and I shared a large salad to start and it was more than enough for the two of us. He had a fish dish and I had the steak special. Both had plenty of food and, as I said before, were very good. Not a place where you are likely to leave hungry!
- The following 248 reviews are from the Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown reviews archive.
- 2nd time t Butera's=AWESOME!!!BearDined on 7/26/2014After initially eating at Butera's with my gorgeous wifey for our dinner date night a few wks ago we decided to treat my beautiful wife's parents along with her sister and daughter to a dinner at Butera's. Well, they all loved the food as much as we had our 1st time! Our wonderful kids also loved the food, a great family dinner night for sure! Thank you Butera's keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, reasonable price!LiteacherDined on 7/23/2014The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable! The food was plentiful and delicious! This is basic Italian faire, which is great when trying to please a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too loudBonsaiDined on 7/20/2014We came to Butera's to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. I had eaten at Butera's several times before, and was familiar with the restaurant and food quality. We were a party of 10 - as soon as we arrived, we were seated at our table. The service and food were great - huge portions, with most family members taking home leftovers. However, the only problem was the noise level - both of my parents have hearing issues, and they were unable to hear much of the conversation at the table. No complaints about the food - everyone enjoyed their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTimelessTommyDined on 7/20/2014We used a gift certificate that my wife received for her birthday. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and attentive. We've dined here before and have no reservations about going back. We ate early and the place was already crowded, which certainly says something about how popular it is.Special Features:
- ButerasJurazVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice night at this restaurant. The food was enjoyable and our waitress was excellent. It's a nice place for large groups.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Butera'sChristineStevens66Dined on 7/16/2014A College gave me a very generous gift card for helping her with something at work. I work directly across the street (Coldwell Banker R.E.Agent). We came for our Anniversary dinner on July 16 and found the food to be so excellent as well as the service.Special Features:
- Butera's does not dissappoint!!!!!!BearDined on 7/12/2014My gorgeous & super sexy Wifey had heard Butera's was a great place to eat at so we ventured there for the very 1st time for yet another wonderful dinner date night. Well upon entering the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly girl & once seated our waitress was even more polite and gracious. We were quite pleased with the comfortable atmosphere and even more pleased with the wonderful food that we both ate! From the Stuffed Mushrooms & the Shrimp Limoncello apps we began with to our main courses we were never let down one iota. My ravishingly stunning Wifey chose the Chicken Marsala and I the Veal Marsala, WOW, the absolute Best Boldest and Scrumptious Marsala sauce we'd ever tasted! Kudos to Butera's in Smithtown we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.