Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
65 East Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buteras.com/
- Phone: 6319799113
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gary Butera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Miele 6319799113
A word from Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown, always well known for its generous portions and great value is also now featuring a family style dining menu to better accommodate our guests. Complete with a full bar and room for private, on premise catering, Butera's Restaurant has been serving the town of Smithtown and its surrounding areas for the last five years. Our staff is gracious and attentive and able to accommodate most requests. We hope to see you dining with us soon so that we can bring our welcoming family atmosphere to you just as we have with so many customers before.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (9)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Noisy but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 6 adults surrounded by families with children. We asked for a quiet table due to a party member being hearing impaired. Obviously, we had a very hard time communicating due to the noise. Most in our party thought their food was excellent. Someone complained of rubbery chicken. The food came about 3 minutes after the appetizer, so we felt very rushed.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!luvmyfoodDined on 9/7/2014Came here for a Sunday dinner with my husband and son and had a great experience. The waitress was very attentive and informative. The calamari appetizer was very tender and all three of our meals came out nice and hot and were delicious. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Girls Night Out!NikkisauntDined on 9/6/2014Catching up with your friends over a good meal? Can't think of where to go? Butera's provides the venue. The food was great, and the options endless. The hardest part was choosing what to eat. Plenty of options and great portions when ordering family style. After my first girls night out, returned with a second group and plan on going back for more!Special Features:
- RecommendedBusterbytesDined on 9/6/2014Seating has always been timely with reservations, even when the restaurant is busy and the wait staff is quick, courteous and attentive. Meals are generously sized and can be served family style. The Rigatoni Butera is my family's favorite. The noise level is not conducive to a quiet conversation. Parking can be a challenge on a busy Saturday night and there is no valet. All in all, however, the quality of the meals and courtesy of the wait staff make this a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We love the food but the table was in the corner and the volume of noise made it so we were unable to conduct a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Enough To Go BackdknyDined on 8/30/2014It's been a few years since we've been to Butera's. The menu changed and the service was less than good which was the real problem. We decided to go back and we overall we liked it. The food was very good for the most part: Goat Cheese Salad was delicious as was my favorite dessert - Amaretto and Almond Cake which was heated perfectly with Vanilla Ice Cream. The dinners were good and ok. I had Linguini with Shrimp and Broccoli in a white wine sauce which was very good and my husband had Rigatoni with Chicken and Shrimp Vodka which was eh - the vodka sauce was minimal and not the color you would expect it to be. I am sure it will taste good reheated. But the service (Rob) this time was outstanding which will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealKnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/29/2014Don't expect to be awed; but anticipate good food and excellent service. We went for lunch and enjoyed. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceBetteDined on 8/27/2014Received a gift card and were extemely please with the whole dining experience. Very nice dinner selection and the service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Always consistent meal qualityMarcoVIPDined on 8/23/2014wonderful assortment of great food. Always prepared perfectly. Our favorite place for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family style italian at its best!!Lisa123Dined on 8/22/2014This is the place to go if you want a casual Italian meal with lots of food. You have the option of ordering anything in an individual or family size. For 4 adults we ordered a family size salad, pizza appetizer and family size chicken parm. and that was more than enough. It's easy to over order at Butera's.Special Features:
- Good, solid mealWillWork4FoodDined on 8/1/2014This is a great restaurant for a good, solid Italian meal. There is nothing outstanding or inventive on the menu but everything I have ever had here is good. A great place to bring your family or to catch up with old friends. The server we had was excellent. Very informative and accommodating. My friend and I shared a large salad to start and it was more than enough for the two of us. He had a fish dish and I had the steak special. Both had plenty of food and, as I said before, were very good. Not a place where you are likely to leave hungry!
- 2nd time t Butera's=AWESOME!!!BearDined on 7/26/2014After initially eating at Butera's with my gorgeous wifey for our dinner date night a few wks ago we decided to treat my beautiful wife's parents along with her sister and daughter to a dinner at Butera's. Well, they all loved the food as much as we had our 1st time! Our wonderful kids also loved the food, a great family dinner night for sure! Thank you Butera's keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, reasonable price!LiteacherDined on 7/23/2014The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable! The food was plentiful and delicious! This is basic Italian faire, which is great when trying to please a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too loudBonsaiDined on 7/20/2014We came to Butera's to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday. I had eaten at Butera's several times before, and was familiar with the restaurant and food quality. We were a party of 10 - as soon as we arrived, we were seated at our table. The service and food were great - huge portions, with most family members taking home leftovers. However, the only problem was the noise level - both of my parents have hearing issues, and they were unable to hear much of the conversation at the table. No complaints about the food - everyone enjoyed their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceTimelessTommyDined on 7/20/2014We used a gift certificate that my wife received for her birthday. The food was excellent and the service was prompt and attentive. We've dined here before and have no reservations about going back. We ate early and the place was already crowded, which certainly says something about how popular it is.Special Features:
- ButerasJurazVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice night at this restaurant. The food was enjoyable and our waitress was excellent. It's a nice place for large groups.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Butera'sChristineStevens66Dined on 7/16/2014A College gave me a very generous gift card for helping her with something at work. I work directly across the street (Coldwell Banker R.E.Agent). We came for our Anniversary dinner on July 16 and found the food to be so excellent as well as the service.Special Features:
- Butera's does not dissappoint!!!!!!BearDined on 7/12/2014My gorgeous & super sexy Wifey had heard Butera's was a great place to eat at so we ventured there for the very 1st time for yet another wonderful dinner date night. Well upon entering the restaurant we were greeted by a very friendly girl & once seated our waitress was even more polite and gracious. We were quite pleased with the comfortable atmosphere and even more pleased with the wonderful food that we both ate! From the Stuffed Mushrooms & the Shrimp Limoncello apps we began with to our main courses we were never let down one iota. My ravishingly stunning Wifey chose the Chicken Marsala and I the Veal Marsala, WOW, the absolute Best Boldest and Scrumptious Marsala sauce we'd ever tasted! Kudos to Butera's in Smithtown we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!EieiotDined on 7/11/2014Loved all the different dishes we tried.. Chicken Sorrentino, fresh pastas and desserts served with friendly, attentive service. Delish! We will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!tornadozzzDined on 7/5/2014Four of us dined her on a Saturday night and all of us loved our appetizers and entrees! You can order family style or individual plates. Only strange thing -- only chicken meatballs. Seemed unusual for an Italian restaurant. They said it was "more healthy." We certainly didn't order food dripping with melted cheese because we wanted to be healthy! Definitely would've loved to have traditional meatballs.Special Features:
- Another great night outBoysNightDined on 6/28/2014Quick and attentive service. A well-executed veal parm with a generous portion. The NY Strip was slightly well for a true medium, but very delicious. We'll be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day LuncheonLenMarDined on 6/15/2014Great food and service. We enjoyed half of my wife's entree as dinner the next night because the portion was so large. The pan-baked lasagna was excellent and we couldn't finish the individual salad which we shared. This restaurant is definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014little too loud for a sat night dinner food is constitant
- Made my 48th Birthday GreatMonicaK763Dined on 6/14/2014Along with three other couples, my husband and I had my 48th birthday at this restaurant. We specifically asked for round table and were seated in a quaint nook of the restaurant. Our server was Rob, who couldn't do more for us. Everybody was wonderful. Frank, the manager was terrific too, making sure we had a round table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouschrissyDined on 6/14/2014Seafood with pasta and their specials were fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Foodie77Dined on 6/9/2014Came in with 7 women for dinner. We had been there once before & the food was great again. We had one compliant- we asked repeatedly for more bread & water. Bread never came & we had to go to bar to get more water. Our server, a young guy, was very nice and the food order was perfect and he was helpful with the menu. Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAgulhaDined on 6/6/2014Good food reasonable prices service always excellentSpecial Features:
- Never disappoints!WinnieDined on 5/27/2014I've eaten at Butera's of Smithtown several times from parties of 2 to Rehearsal Dinners of 20+. The food has always been wonderful: tasty, great presentation, generous portions. From appetizers to dessert - fantastic! The staff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 231 reviews are from the Butera's Restaurant of Smithtown reviews archive.
- Fussyfoodie3Dined on 5/20/2014Just had lunch, but my grilled shrimp salad was delicious! Service was prompt and courteous. Portions were generous and filling without waste. Butera's is always reliably satisfying and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014to noisy at your restaurant for a nice quiet dinner..We had to have a loud conversation at our table to overcome all the other tables...It would seem you should consider less tables or a type of surrounding that would absorb some of the noise...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014My fiancé and I love coming here with friends and sharing a couple family style dinner options. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food than ambianceAlanDined on 5/16/2014I was concerned at first with the overall appearance of the place which was somewhat dark and dingy but the food came and have to say it was very good. I will waitress was also very nice very friendly and helpfulI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Italian in Smithtownkmp211Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Butera's for Mother's Day and were very happy with the delicious food and fun family style service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014The food and services were as always - amazing. We started with the fried calamari and the roasted White Bean and corn soup - both were great and plentiful. for dinner, my wife got the Mushroom and Asparagus Salad and a side order of the Turkey Meatballs (which are the absolute best we have every eaten, my daughter, mom and I split a order of Rigatoni Chicken Meatball (Turkey Meatballs of course) and Sausage - family style and yes we had enough left over to bring home a doggie bag (which the dog will not be getting any of). Desert was very good as well - Carrot cake, cannoli and a Tartufo. One negative comment, the noise level was extremely loud, and at times hard to hold a conversation. Still a great local place to eat.Special Features:
- not what it s been in the pastLocaleater63Dined on 5/10/2014disappointed 50% of the dishes were disappointing Gorgon chicken tasted like mars capon (expected that blue cheese flavor) stuffed mushrooms flavor less put some of the marinara sauce which was very good on them to rescue mushrooms, The butera special which when I asked the waitress she said its very good" not" it was bland presentation was good I ve raved about this place to many before and have had several very nice dining experiences before will try again
- Great Place for Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014Met a friend for a quick dinner that turned into a long chat. Service was excellent, the food was delicious, and no one rushed us out. We were actually the last people to leave and no one pushed us out the door which was very nice. Dinner was delicious and had enough to take home for lunch the next day. Will be going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightJennVIPDined on 5/4/2014I meet friends here for lunch often, decided to try dinner during restaurant week. Our waiter was inattentive due to also working a large party, we sat with dirty dishes and empty water glasses for a long time. I generally do like it here, though. Great salads at lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Good ServiceADT725Dined on 5/3/2014This was my second trip to this restaurant and a first for my friends. We went for Restaurant Week and were not disappointed. Food is excellent, server was excellent. I think it is one of the nicer Italian restaurants around and I hope to be back there soon.Special Features:
- consistently gooddscoentVIPDined on 5/2/2014Love the food especially the chicken and shrimp alla vodka. Only drawback is it is so loud, sometimes hard to talk.Special Features:
- Good FoodgooditalianDined on 5/1/2014Food and service were very good. They didnt rush us out after dinner either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.