Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
100 South Main Street
Sayville, NY 11782Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buteras.com/
- Phone: (631) 563-0805
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Butera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Butera's offers catering for all occasions. We cater traditionally, with each guest enjoying different courses with a choice of entree and an occasion cake prepared especially for your function. We can also cater from our "Family-style" menu; in which your guests will enjoy a variety of dishes based on your selections. We can also prepare a buffet. Off-premise catering is also available. We can prepare trays of food for your off-premise function and if need be also provide servers to help everything go well.
- Private Party Contact: Jerry Marlow 6315630805
- Cross Street: Collins Ave
- Public Transit: Butera's of Sayville is located a leisurely walk from the Sayville train station. We are a block from the public bus line.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The parking at Butera's of Sayville is a large municipal lot located just outside the main entrance. There are no steps to impede your entrance.
A word from Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville is a full service, fine dining "Family-Style" Italian restaurant serving seafood, steaks, veal, chicken and pastas dishes. "Family-style" dining affords groups the opportunity to sample many dishes at one time. We also serve individual portions upon request. We have a full bar and extensive wine list as well as an assortment of homemade desserts. There is sidewalk seating in beautiful downtown Sayville when the weather permits. Our lounge dining room provides private dining for groups of 25 - 40. We also cater larger parties in our other two dining rooms. Off-premise catering is a specialty of Butera's. Please join us for lunch. We have Italian dishes, focaccia sandwiches, burgers and wraps with an Italian slant. as well as wonderful composed salads. Lunch is done individually.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (36)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Got engaged here the night of our reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014The staff was great and the manager took pictures of my proposal. Great atmosphere and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group celebrationCJSayvilleDined on 11/19/2014We were able to sit at the table for as long as needed to enjoy the evening. No pressure to leave. Meal was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArlzzDined on 11/15/2014Huge portions, 3 of us split 2 entrees. Veal chop 'parmesan' which was excellent and a pasta plus salad proved even too much. Attentive staff. Busy night and where we sat was a bit of a traffic area and out of the blue, manager offered us 10% off the bill in place of drinks as none of us drank. This was unexpected since we didn't know there was a problem and we hadn't complained about it. Got my vote to come back Were seated within minutes of arriving , another plus for this place on sat nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Had to wait about 10 minutes with a reservation. was placed in room with groups. asked to be changed to main dining area (onlygood. 4 of us). They accomadated us. Service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is GreatCandyDined on 11/14/2014We go to Butera's quite often and the food is always consistent. We enjoy the variety and the family style plates. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great home style food your mother made and plenty of it. Never a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatdoublin9Dined on 11/8/2014We come to Buteras because we know we will have a great meal at a reasonable price and will have very good service by servers who genuinely seem to care about meeting our needs and requests. On this particular evening (during the busy restaurant week btw), we were seated at our reservation time and we're never rushed. Our servers were pleasant even though it was busy, and the manager made a point to stop at our table to check on our comfort and our dining experience. It doesn't get better than that! We certainly will continue to dine at Buteras.Special Features:
- Great valueGusLVIPDined on 11/8/2014Very consistent food quality and service. Extra large portions with their family style concept. Great value for your money.Special Features:
- Waitress lackingNightoutDined on 11/8/2014We enjoy this restaurant, however, our waitress a bit less then attentive, she never read us the specials, did not bring us olive oil for our bread, re fill our water glasses or make sure our special requests were met. It took a long time for our main course to come & when it did it was not hotSpecial Features:
- LocalresidentDined on 11/7/2014Second time here. Love it. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful. This is a "must do" place for anyone who may be considering it. The wait staff was friendly, and very attentive. Try the coconut martini.....:-)Special Features:
- Butera'slilblondDined on 11/6/2014Excellent variety of foods and large servings as well. You have a choice of family style or single entrees.Special Features:
- Good DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The food was great and the portions was very filling. The service was great and we did not have to wait for anything. There was no waiting when we arrived and we seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yumyum46Dined on 11/4/2014Family dining at its best! Expansive creative menu! The Gorgonzola steak is delicious! The family dining experience is unmatched with all the scrumptious offerings available to share! Also great spot for lunch.Special Features:
- Great FoodNickDined on 11/1/2014The food was great. I definitely recommend making a reservation.Special Features:
- Disrespectul Manager - Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We were celebrating an event for my teenage son. We made reservations well in advance for eight people. We met at 5 pm. The staff put us in a back room. We enjoyed drinks, dinner and ordered dessert. We were finishing our capuccinos when the Manager came in and asked us to leave. The staff had put us in a party room at 5 pm and the people were arriving to decorate for the party at 6:45. After spending $300 on the dinner, I was disappointed to be asked to leave while we were finishing our Capuccinos and desserts. The Manager offered to buy us drinks at the bar. This was ridiculous since the bar was jammed and it was a celebration for a teenager. Did the Manager expect the kids to wait outside in the rain while we enjoyed our free drink?Special Features:
- Ladies Night Outteapot123Dined on 10/28/2014Completely satisfied with the environment, service and the food. Family style portions feed 2-4 people. We had a pizza special, Caesar salad and two pasta dishes one with meat the other without. Both dishes were excellent and plentiful. Highly recommend. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- It Never DisappointsMojo7Dined on 10/27/2014We have never been disappointed in all the times we have been to Butera's in Sayville. Lovely ambiance, great food, plenty of it, attentive service and we always bring some home for another meal. It never disappoints. It's our favorite go-to Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Oakdale68oakdale67Dined on 10/25/2014We have gone to Butera's in Sayville several times over the years and have found it to be a congenial place with very good food. That said, this time we were disappointed in the food and service. The food was just OK. The waitress wrote down our drink order and asked what liquors were in the drink which she also jotted down. I explained what a Stinger was (a drink I've had there several times before) and she brought back some almond tasting concoction (not brandy). When I brought it to her attention later she said "that's impossible, I watched the bartender make it" and walked away without apology or offer to make things right. Our second drinks were a beer and wine to make things simpler. Usually an outstanding restaurant!
- Always good foodMarsalaDined on 10/18/2014Butera's is always reliable for great Italian food. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- love2eatDined on 10/12/2014We have been eating at Butera s in Sayville for quite sometime. Never had a bad meal. They will cook your food anyway you want Don t forget to ask about their Twenty Dollar Bottle of wine special.. You can get good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always good food. If you are the type that orders and then wishes you ordered what they are having, then this is the place. Large family style servings let you try different dishes...all goodSpecial Features:
- Great foodgeorgeDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is a family style restaurant with large portions. You can ask for individual portions and they adjust the price. We arrived on time and table was ready. Malissa our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. Food was served at appropriate intervals. We were seated near 3 tables with families of 10 or more. Suprisingly the noise level was very low. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterSonnyDined on 9/27/2014We were hugely disappointed with this branch of one our favorite local chains, having fallen in love with the Woodbury location and the ones that were in Massapequa and seaford. First, the building is rather nondescript and small and the decor inside is pretty plain. The food missed the mark due both to a sloppy presentation and a lack of taste- the seafood and shellfish seemed bland or at the point of being barely cooked enough. The service was friendly but it could not make up for the shortcomings especially when considering the prices. I would not return and if I was here again I would only order the most basic of dishes.Special Features:
- If you don't mind waiting....MoosesCookieDined on 9/26/2014I hate to wait. The reason I love the Opentable app so much is so I don't have to. We made a reservation at 8pm on a Friday & sat at the bar for 45 minutes. In all fairness the manager did comp our drinks but now I was just drunk & hungry. When we did finally get to sit, the service was wonderful and the food was amazing. We did half the portions since it is family style and my date & I wanted different things. It was surprisingly inexpensive! I will definitely go back as long as I have 3 hours for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply yummayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Would recommend highly. Food was delicious. Generous size plates. Very busy hopping place. Would be nice to bring large group or family since it is served family style and food can be passed around and shared. We picked a table in the corner since space is tight and would not want to sit in middle of room. No booths. So if you would like a little quiet, get table in corners or against wall or windows. Overall a great place and would definitely eat there again! Maybe tomorrow already :)Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014Brought my inlaws here for dinner! Great food and service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Good food very noisy and crowded Good for groupsSpecial Features:
- Never Disappointedbreadguy226Dined on 9/13/2014Love the restaurant from the excellent food to the service. The only problem I have is I had to wait a half hr.past my reservation that's the second time that has happened. I understand they are very busy but I think that's to long of a waiit. At least its worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDebbieDined on 9/2/2014My family of 4 visited this restaurant on September 2, 2014. The food is served family style or individual meals. I can not say enough about the food and service. It was amazing. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. Ordered the fried calamari and stuffed portabella mushrooms as appetizers. The waitress suggested a half order of the calamari since the portions are large. The calamari was crispy and cooked to perfection. The mushrooms were moist and delicious as well. Ordered the pasta Butera and Steak pizziaolla. Did not disappoint. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!trishthedishDined on 8/30/2014We dine here every now and then and I have never been disappointed! The food is fabulous and plentiful. It is the best of the three locations!Special Features:
- LoronDined on 8/29/2014Overall, just fine. However, we were disappointed when the waitress would not provide five separate checks for our group of ten. We ended up splitting the bill, but we did not feel the waitress made any attempt to accommodate us. Next time we will check with the manager. In Florida, we could have gotten ten different checks without blinking an eye. In fact you are generally asked at the outset how many checks are required.Special Features:
- Terrific!chippyDined on 8/27/2014We couldn't have asked for a better a meal! Everything was excellent. We started with the lemoncello shrimp scampi, it was seriously the best I have ever had!! The sauce was oh so delicious, and different than regular scampi, makes me hungry just thinking about it! We shared the mushroom/asparagus salad & house salad. The dressing was very good, but 2 salads were way too much for 4 people. One salad would have been plenty for 4. We couldn't decide on the main course so we ordered single portions of shrimp parm, eggplant Neapolitan, veal Marsala and shrimp. The veal was by far the star of the entrees! I look forward to going back to very soon as it was a perfect meal :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed every bite of itshrimploverDined on 8/23/2014Husband felt I needed a night out..I did, It was perfect. The shrimp lemoncello is my favorite..Veal marsala like butter, would order single serving of the asparagus and mushroom salad next time..The appetizer portion a little to large for 2. Picky about our Brocoli Rabe, and Buteras version was over the top...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair valueGusLVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent menu choice. Large portions. Very good quality at a fair price.Special Features:
- Dave1327Dined on 8/22/2014The food and service was great Now here is my reason for never going back They nickel and dime their customers I don't get it the items on the menu look expensive then when you realize that the items are family style which means that the portions will feed two people that's fine Now if you want a single portion which is exactly 1/2 of a family portion they charge you 60 pct of the family portion Example if you order the chicken Marsala the price is $28 now if you want only a single portion the charge is $16.80 I know it's only $2.80 more but that's what I don't get why Also when you go to an Italian restaurant and you order an Italian meat dish you usually get a side dish of macaroni not here they charge you $9.50 for the macaroni.
- Butera's in SayvilleBananaDined on 8/18/2014The food is absolutely delicious and you must go with a large party so you can try everything. The desserts and fabulous but one can feed two to three people! Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ArlzzDined on 8/16/2014Veal chop was huge, enough for 3, not 2 but very tasty. Price was reasonable for what you get Waitresses were a bit inexperienced. Noise level was high Overall food is really good, and would go back. Reservation was honored on timeSpecial Features:
- FamilyRonaldDined on 8/14/2014Took my three children & their spouses and my grandchildren (All there for the first time) and they all heartily enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2014Food is outstanding ....we always go when we have family in town -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky ItalianProud2bItalianDined on 8/8/2014I am sorry I waited so long to try it out and will definately be back. The atmosphere was terrific, the staff was very attentive and pleasant and the food was delicious. We were a group of six big eaters who left there fuller than full with plenty of delicious leftovers. Their chicken meatballs truly are the best!!!! My daughter says I always find something to complain about wherever we go out ti eat, but mot here at Butera's in Sayville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.