Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
100 South Main Street
Sayville, NY 11782Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buteras.com/
- Phone: 6315630805
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Butera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Butera's offers catering for all occasions. We cater traditionally, with each guest enjoying different courses with a choice of entree and an occasion cake prepared especially for your function. We can also cater from our "Family-style" menu; in which your guests will enjoy a variety of dishes based on your selections. We can also prepare a buffet. Off-premise catering is also available. We can prepare trays of food for your off-premise function and if need be also provide servers to help everything go well.
- Private Party Contact: Jerry Marlow 6315630805
- Cross Street: Collins Ave
- Public Transit: Butera's of Sayville is located a leisurely walk from the Sayville train station. We are a block from the public bus line.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The parking at Butera's of Sayville is a large municipal lot located just outside the main entrance. There are no steps to impede your entrance.
A word from Butera's Restaurant of Sayville
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville is a full service, fine dining "Family-Style" Italian restaurant serving seafood, steaks, veal, chicken and pastas dishes. "Family-style" dining affords groups the opportunity to sample many dishes at one time. We also serve individual portions upon request. We have a full bar and extensive wine list as well as an assortment of homemade desserts. There is sidewalk seating in beautiful downtown Sayville when the weather permits. Our lounge dining room provides private dining for groups of 25 - 40. We also cater larger parties in our other two dining rooms. Off-premise catering is a specialty of Butera's. Please join us for lunch. We have Italian dishes, focaccia sandwiches, burgers and wraps with an Italian slant. as well as wonderful composed salads. Lunch is done individually.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butera's Restaurant of Sayville reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (33)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (10)romantic (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Always good foodMarsalaDined on 10/18/2014Butera's is always reliable for great Italian food. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- love2eatDined on 10/12/2014We have been eating at Butera s in Sayville for quite sometime. Never had a bad meal. They will cook your food anyway you want Don t forget to ask about their Twenty Dollar Bottle of wine special.. You can get good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always good food. If you are the type that orders and then wishes you ordered what they are having, then this is the place. Large family style servings let you try different dishes...all goodSpecial Features:
- Great foodgeorgeDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is a family style restaurant with large portions. You can ask for individual portions and they adjust the price. We arrived on time and table was ready. Malissa our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. Food was served at appropriate intervals. We were seated near 3 tables with families of 10 or more. Suprisingly the noise level was very low. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LacklusterSonnyDined on 9/27/2014We were hugely disappointed with this branch of one our favorite local chains, having fallen in love with the Woodbury location and the ones that were in Massapequa and seaford. First, the building is rather nondescript and small and the decor inside is pretty plain. The food missed the mark due both to a sloppy presentation and a lack of taste- the seafood and shellfish seemed bland or at the point of being barely cooked enough. The service was friendly but it could not make up for the shortcomings especially when considering the prices. I would not return and if I was here again I would only order the most basic of dishes.Special Features:
- If you don't mind waiting....MoosesCookieDined on 9/26/2014I hate to wait. The reason I love the Opentable app so much is so I don't have to. We made a reservation at 8pm on a Friday & sat at the bar for 45 minutes. In all fairness the manager did comp our drinks but now I was just drunk & hungry. When we did finally get to sit, the service was wonderful and the food was amazing. We did half the portions since it is family style and my date & I wanted different things. It was surprisingly inexpensive! I will definitely go back as long as I have 3 hours for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply yummayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Would recommend highly. Food was delicious. Generous size plates. Very busy hopping place. Would be nice to bring large group or family since it is served family style and food can be passed around and shared. We picked a table in the corner since space is tight and would not want to sit in middle of room. No booths. So if you would like a little quiet, get table in corners or against wall or windows. Overall a great place and would definitely eat there again! Maybe tomorrow already :)Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014Brought my inlaws here for dinner! Great food and service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Good food very noisy and crowded Good for groupsSpecial Features:
- Never Disappointedbreadguy226Dined on 9/13/2014Love the restaurant from the excellent food to the service. The only problem I have is I had to wait a half hr.past my reservation that's the second time that has happened. I understand they are very busy but I think that's to long of a waiit. At least its worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDebbieDined on 9/2/2014My family of 4 visited this restaurant on September 2, 2014. The food is served family style or individual meals. I can not say enough about the food and service. It was amazing. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. Ordered the fried calamari and stuffed portabella mushrooms as appetizers. The waitress suggested a half order of the calamari since the portions are large. The calamari was crispy and cooked to perfection. The mushrooms were moist and delicious as well. Ordered the pasta Butera and Steak pizziaolla. Did not disappoint. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!trishthedishDined on 8/30/2014We dine here every now and then and I have never been disappointed! The food is fabulous and plentiful. It is the best of the three locations!Special Features:
- LoronDined on 8/29/2014Overall, just fine. However, we were disappointed when the waitress would not provide five separate checks for our group of ten. We ended up splitting the bill, but we did not feel the waitress made any attempt to accommodate us. Next time we will check with the manager. In Florida, we could have gotten ten different checks without blinking an eye. In fact you are generally asked at the outset how many checks are required.Special Features:
- Terrific!chippyDined on 8/27/2014We couldn't have asked for a better a meal! Everything was excellent. We started with the lemoncello shrimp scampi, it was seriously the best I have ever had!! The sauce was oh so delicious, and different than regular scampi, makes me hungry just thinking about it! We shared the mushroom/asparagus salad & house salad. The dressing was very good, but 2 salads were way too much for 4 people. One salad would have been plenty for 4. We couldn't decide on the main course so we ordered single portions of shrimp parm, eggplant Neapolitan, veal Marsala and shrimp. The veal was by far the star of the entrees! I look forward to going back to very soon as it was a perfect meal :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed every bite of itshrimploverDined on 8/23/2014Husband felt I needed a night out..I did, It was perfect. The shrimp lemoncello is my favorite..Veal marsala like butter, would order single serving of the asparagus and mushroom salad next time..The appetizer portion a little to large for 2. Picky about our Brocoli Rabe, and Buteras version was over the top...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair valueGusLVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent menu choice. Large portions. Very good quality at a fair price.Special Features:
- Dave1327Dined on 8/22/2014The food and service was great Now here is my reason for never going back They nickel and dime their customers I don't get it the items on the menu look expensive then when you realize that the items are family style which means that the portions will feed two people that's fine Now if you want a single portion which is exactly 1/2 of a family portion they charge you 60 pct of the family portion Example if you order the chicken Marsala the price is $28 now if you want only a single portion the charge is $16.80 I know it's only $2.80 more but that's what I don't get why Also when you go to an Italian restaurant and you order an Italian meat dish you usually get a side dish of macaroni not here they charge you $9.50 for the macaroni.
- Butera's in SayvilleBananaDined on 8/18/2014The food is absolutely delicious and you must go with a large party so you can try everything. The desserts and fabulous but one can feed two to three people! Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ArlzzDined on 8/16/2014Veal chop was huge, enough for 3, not 2 but very tasty. Price was reasonable for what you get Waitresses were a bit inexperienced. Noise level was high Overall food is really good, and would go back. Reservation was honored on timeSpecial Features:
- FamilyRonaldDined on 8/14/2014Took my three children & their spouses and my grandchildren (All there for the first time) and they all heartily enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong with this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2014Food is outstanding ....we always go when we have family in town -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky ItalianProud2bItalianDined on 8/8/2014I am sorry I waited so long to try it out and will definately be back. The atmosphere was terrific, the staff was very attentive and pleasant and the food was delicious. We were a group of six big eaters who left there fuller than full with plenty of delicious leftovers. Their chicken meatballs truly are the best!!!! My daughter says I always find something to complain about wherever we go out ti eat, but mot here at Butera's in Sayville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRanaDined on 8/2/2014The sauce was low quality. The Veal chop Caprese was very salty and was basically parmigiana. Portions are large but the quality of food is just not there.
- dependably excellent dining spotpatricia1choiceVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have never been disappointed on any occasion dining at Sayville Butters's. The food is always well prepared & plentiful. The wait staff is friendly & professional. They also try to accommodate any special request. It's usually quite busy so a reservation is a must. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- greatDined on 7/13/2014had a nice lunch but a large group was there with some very loud children carrying on--definitely not the fault of restaurant. This was not my first visit there and food is always great--service this time not so great.Special Features:
- WOW!ilovebuteraDined on 7/10/2014to put it simply, I haven't gone to such a delicious, homey, romantic place in a long time. Really enjoyed everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantNancyDined on 6/27/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner the other night. After making a reservation via Open table a few days before, our table was waiting for us. We had a very enjoyable and delicious meal. Our waitress Danielle was very nice and helped recommend selections. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ButerasTitan40Dined on 6/27/2014Awesome food and service.friendly service will definitely return for good timesSpecial Features:
- Friendly staff, O.K. foodfoodieDined on 6/27/2014The staff was friendly, but the waitress didn't seem too knowledgeable about the wine menu. She did however get me a new glass when a fly landed in my wine, and handled it very professionally. Unfortunately, the bus boys seemed to rush us, trying to take our food when we weren't finished. As far as the food goes, it was mediocre. The mozzarella was really chewy, almost leathery, with no flavor. The chicken parmesan tasted like frozen chicken nuggets (said by my sister) and the prosciutto was thick and bacon-like. Portions were generous, but the pasta is oily. I wouldn't come back again.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongDineoutloverDined on 6/25/2014Much enjoyed our meal and people who run the place are very friendly!Special Features:
- The following 253 reviews are from the Butera's Restaurant of Sayville reviews archive.
- Great food family styleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014We recently had a party of 10 dine at Butera's in Sayville to celebrate a birthday. Although single servings are available, Butera's is known for it's family style portions. We placed a double order for baked clams and a single order of calamari. The clams were fresh and small, just the way we love it. The calamari was excellent as well. We followed this with one mixed salad and another with gorgonzola which was more than enough. Our main courses, Rigatoni with broccoli rabe and chicken meat balls, baked cod, and two other shrimp dishes were excellent as well. The only thing that wasn't excellent was the service. It was very good, however the since the room was crowded it was hard at times to get the attention of our waitressSpecial Features:
- Great food, poor serviceDisappointedVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food tastes great but the front service and Manager could be better. Ideal for a family meal. Not for the romantic.Special Features:
- Never Disappointedpasta4everDined on 6/22/2014Sunday nite dinner with a friend at Butera's was thoroughly enjoyable & satisfying. We ordered 2 dishes, Family Style looking forward to enjoying the leftovers on Monday. We had Chicken Sorrentino that melts in your mouth & is soooooo good; also Rigatoni with chicken & shrimp in a vodka sauce -so yummy. One of our take home dishes was inadvertently given to someone else & we got their's but when we called the next day they were very apologetic & said we could come in for a fresh dish or would have a credit there. we opted for the latter. Overall, a gratifying dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJaM61Dined on 6/21/2014We have been to Butera's numerous times and as always food was great.. We never have been disappointed . Bartenders always providing great service. Perfect restaurant for larger groups or entire family get together . Can't say enough good things about this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maurgramDined on 6/15/2014Never disappoints. Large portions. Family style available at dinner. Friendly atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvbutsayDined on 6/15/2014Booking my reservation for Father's Day on line was simple. The food is always excellent as is the service and friendliness. You really feel as though you are important to the staff. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2014they have a great menu all of the food here is very good. Its a family style restaurant where on entree will feed 2 to 3 people. Prices are very reasonable. Great place to take the whole family. Staff is very nice.Special Features:
- typical italian cuisineGinaVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food here is good, and outdoor seating is a bonus. Family-style dining enables a group to get food at a better price. This location is nicer than one in Smithtown.Special Features:
- Great Food Plenty Of The SameEnjoyfood2Dined on 6/7/2014Good Service Food was Plenty full A good amount Plenty to eat and Another Meal To take homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!DmesqVIPDined on 5/31/2014I went to Butera's restaurant with my fiancé for our aniversary and everything was perfect! Eventhough we got there when the kitchen just closed, they leted us stay. I had Rigatoni Chicken, Mushroom and Sun Dried Tomato, Cabernet and we shared a tartufo, everything was delicious! And the portions are biiig. I really recommend Butera's Restaurant. It's romantic, food is very good and people are nice there ;) wanna come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.