751 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.butcherschophouse.com/
- Phone: 435-647-0040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Dining Room, Bar and Patio (weather permitting) are available for parties or groups, either together or separately. Special menus, such as Cocktail Parties, Luncheons and Brunches can be customized for your function.
- Private Party Contact: Lacey Rounds 435-658-1237
- Cross Street: On the corner of 7th and Park Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Underground parking is available for a nominal fee and provides elevator access to our front door in the Caledonian Building. Metered parking on Main Street and free two hour parking on Park Avenue is always available. All street parking is free after 8 p.m.
A word from Butcher's Chophouse
Located in the Caledonian Building on lower Main Street, adjacent to Park City Mountain Resort's town lift, Butcher's Chop House and Bar has built a loyal following with Park City's savvy local diners. Maintaining a focus on Chicago-style chops and steaks. Our sophisticated dining room, wrapped in cherry-wood and glass, offers our guests stunning slopeside views in an unassuming yet elegant environment. If the Apres scene is more your style, our cocktail area, with the stately liquor display, polished granite bar, and plasma television, is an exciting alternative to loosen up after a day on the mountain or the golf course. Our patio, located next to the Town Lift, is the spot to be all summer long.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butcher's Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Birthday celebrationBdaygirlDined on 9/26/2014Lamb chops and filet Oscar were both fantastic. Our waiter, Charles, was very helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerJulieVIPDined on 9/21/2014What a nice and relaxing dinner on a Sunday evening. Service was fantastic. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was very relaxing.
- Great appetizersdebnajdVIPDined on 9/13/2014Absolutely love the appetizers. My favorites are the shrimp and grits and the ahi tuna tostada. Ordered nothing but apps to make a tasty meal with lots of flavor variety. Arrived at 5:30pm and had the restaurant to ourselves. Service was great too.Special Features:
- Park City GemPapaBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great food and great service. Outdoor dining is great if available. Consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcomingbobbDined on 8/30/2014We felt very welcomed, and our server was exceedingly helpful in menu suggestions, and very attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, so so serviceKellyrVIPDined on 8/17/2014One of the most unattentive waitresses I have ever encountered. Worst part is that she is completely oblivious to the fact that she does such a poor job. I am certain she gets by on her wonderful looks and charming personality. Great food though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, great locationEdnadurangoDined on 8/9/2014We dined on the patio below the downtown ski lift. Everything was very good and they had an impressive wine list if you are in the mood to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGomerVIPDined on 7/10/2014Love it. Even had an off season buy one entree get the other for free. Came away with money in my pocket. Great specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak not up to parsuziqVIPDined on 6/19/2014for a steak house the worst steak ever! If we had not had a 2 for 1 deal it would have been a total waste. Had reservation for diner and we were seated in bar which was ok but then a party come in and with only one server, for 20plus in bar so our table was forgotten completely. Not the best place to eat in Park CitySpecial Features:
- Foodiamasurvivor2VIPDined on 6/7/2014Nice restaurant, service was decent, but thought the food was not so flavorful. Even the steak. I've had much better steak with good flavor in other restaurants such as Flemings, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, sorry to say.Special Features:
- The following 137 reviews are from the Butcher's Chophouse reviews archive.
- Scrambled Reservation Change. THX!UnlessItsNotDined on 5/31/2014We were finally able to cancel an Open Table reservation with the Mustang (which was closed) as we arrived and reserve for a later time with Butcher's Chophouse. We were seated immediately on arrival. We sampled several items from the menu, shrimp and grits, crab cakes, chop chop salad, ahi tuna and prime rib. All were excellent and wonderfully presented. We recommend the chop chop salad as an entrée as it's too large even to share (as we did) as a first or second course. Our wait person Chanel was extremely fun and informative with a great smile and personality. Though the restaurant was not crowded we were served each item perfectly timed from the kitchen. We would definitely recommend Butcher's Chophouse in Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So many better choices in Park City1FoodieSueVIPDined on 4/6/2014Butcher's Chophouse is just fair. Our appetizers were fine but not great. Good portions, but the spinach dip was too cheesy. The green beans had too much tempura, which made them greasy, and the sauce was more like thousand island dressing than spicy aioli. The Caesar salad and it had too much anchovy for my taste. My husband ordered a filet and it was really chewy. I can't remember the last time I had a filet in town that had gristle. My son ordered the lamb chops, a much better choice. We ordered au gratin potatoes as one of his sides and got mashed. The server was very apologetic. The service was pretty good in general. I gave it a "fair" rating. It was not horrible, but there are so many better choices in this town for great steak!
- WONDERFUL experience!LouiseDined on 3/25/2014We've been coming to Park City for more than 16 years and, sadly, never ate at Butcher's. Our niece put together our dining itinerary for the week, so we went with our group of 7. It was AMAZING! The food, the ambiance, our server, everything. I had the Filet Oscar and it was the best steak I've ever had in PC. There was something for everyone on the menu and we all left very, very satisfied. I'm sorry, Butcher's, that we haven't dined with you before but you are now at the top of the list of the the first places we'll make reservations whenever we are in PC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server we had all weekMichelleDined on 3/20/2014We are Park City regulars and make it to Butchers every year. Good menu of steak and some seafood, always done with a unique sauce that brings the dish together. Kids menu is excellent for the older kids, with two steak options! Thus year we had the best waiter, Drayke. Very attentive, great wine suggestion, and a good sense of humor. The only disappointment was the appetizer, we ordered the calamari, it was chewy, which we don't care for. Generally means it hasn't been soaked long enough or was over cooked. They replaced it with another appetizer without question. Overall, Butchers has become a regular spot for our family vacation in Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Not GoodScrapperDined on 3/14/2014The service was average at best. The quality of the food was not good and poorly prepared. It was delivered cold and under cooked. We could not find our waiter to ask for help in reheating the food and properly preparing it until it was too late. Half of our party was already done eating. He never checked on the quality of the food. I can only assume that he knew there were issues.
- Kids steakTurnandburnDined on 3/11/2014I got the T-bone steak and my child ordered the kids steak the kids steak was better than my T-bone a lot of gristle very disappointed on my birthdaySpecial Features:
- Not a good startTommyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Wine was the best thing. service was not good and food was cold and very tough. We had steak, ribeye and porterhouse. Managed did take the steaks off but was disappointed in preparation. I wouldn't go back.
- Expect the bestdinner45Dined on 2/15/2014A varied menu with prime meats. I had the filet, my partner had the Flat Iron. Both flavorful and grilled to perfection. Excellent sides, great service. The live music was great and at a volume where we could still converse with normal volume. The lighting was a bit bright due to lighting style. The only downside to the evening was that the wines were mostly marked up 300% and more from what you would see in the state stores. This is usurious to anyone who knows wine. We will return but bring our own wine and pay the corkage.......... Great restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014This was a Special occasion with old friends from out of town. Manhattans were weak - missing something! Prime Rib was difficult to eat - too much grizzle. Pork Chop was medium rare - even though we asked for it to be cooked through. WE are locals and will not ever go there again. There are too many choices in Park City.
- Son's 26th BirthdayNoneDined on 2/1/2014We took our family to Butcher's for my son's birthday. The food was descent and we had good service. The one miss was that no one said happy birthday to him, even though I had noted it on the reservation.Special Features:
- The food was good .SpinachJerseyDined on 12/30/2013The food was good .Spinach appetizer was good but soupy. The lamb was small but done to perfection. Overall okay. Service fair as our waiter forgot us:(Special Features:
- Great serviceGreateatsDined on 12/14/2013Steak was cooked perfectly and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- Time is passing this place byJohnCVIPDined on 11/29/2013While food tasted good, preparation was dated and lacking creativity. Time clearly passing this restaurant by...
- Steaks and Jalapino Mac'n'CheeseBrianDined on 10/12/2013Overall, a great restaurant and our favorite place to eat. The service and food is excellent. They have a kids menu. The place has good seating arrangements, doesn't feel crowded or too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steak and prime ribarrowhead5mDined on 9/16/2013We had a buy one get one free coupon. They gave us two free dinners when ordering four. Had rib eyes, filet mignon and prime rib. Best side was the jalepeno mac and cheese. Had one appetizers and wine. Bill was $150. Ribeyes were not piping hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3.5 out of 5 stars.SteakconnoisseurDined on 9/14/2013At there over the weekend. We both ordered filet mignon ($40). Mine was a tad gummy (I've had it cooked perfectly once in Hawaii and in San Fran, where it melts in your mouth) and my mashed potatoes were dry. My date's steak was dry. When she asked for more sauce, the waiter promptly brought a bowl of the reduction as well as a bowl of A1. Great service, quiet, and fantastic location, food just wasn't what I expected for the price. Only thing that kept us from complaining was the night's special was 2 for 1, so when that was taken into consideration, the food quality was more tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodbobbDined on 9/7/2013The food was excellent, and the service was attentive and responsive. We enjoyed the evening tremendously.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal at Butcher'sWalkerDined on 8/18/2013Enjoyed our meal at Butcher's Chophouse. The Summer Rissoto with shrimp added was very good, as was the Chicken Fried Chicken. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City DiningRydermomVIPDined on 8/17/2013Butcher's was recommended to us by a friend who lives in Park City. I found the menu to be varied enough to give any diner lots of choices. Everyone in our party had steak - all steaks were served hot and cooked to our order (even our friend who wanted it well done). As most restaurants do in Park City in the summer, Butchers offers 2 for 1 entrees making this a can't miss dining experience. Our waiter, Charles, was awesome and added to the success of our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2013The worst experience at an Open Table Reastaurant ever!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor dining exprienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013We had reservations for 7:15pm on the patio and were sat moments after arriving. Our table had a wonderful view of the mountain and the "Town Lift" chairlift. We had excellent service from our waitress. The drinks and food came to the table fast and she followed up quickly in between. The crab cakes (appetizer) were delicious and our main dishes were excellent (filet & halibut). It was an extremely pleasant evening for my husband and myself on the second last night of our vacation. (Wonderful outdoor dining experience). Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experiencedemauDined on 6/21/2013We had excellent service from our waitress. The drinks and food came to the table fast and she followed up quickly inbetween. The main dishes were excellent (filet), the appetiser (tuna) was OK, just not what we were expecting. It was nice for just my wife and myself however I could see this place also working out well for a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our dinnerNoneDined on 6/15/2013Restaurant was fairly empty. Corinna was very attentive and ensured our dinner was made well.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2013All summer long they have two for one entrees, $7.00 appetizers and $5.00 glasses of wine. All of the food is great. I saw some people just having three appetizers and wine. Prime Rib is one of the best and comes with two sides of your choice. They have a lot of really good sides to choose from. My friends had lamb chops, chicken fried chicken and New York and everyone cleaned their plates. Love their patio nice and cool especially when it is so hot in the city. Our waiters Charles and George were fun.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambienceParkCityFunDined on 5/8/2013Great place to have work dinners! Great environment for both business meals and pleasure! Consistent food and drinks. Will come back often to meet with Clients and a customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ImpressionTimothyDined on 5/1/2013Booked a reservation here due to great "Yelp" reviews. Visited on Wednesday evening, May 1st, prior to concert later that night. My wife and I were promptly seated and our server was fantastic. All menus were thoroughly explained, as well as the specials that evening, which included 2-for-1 entrees and $9 appetizers. The restaurant was moderately busy, and the service was great. The food was absolutely delicious, from our tenderloin medallion appetizer to our 10 oz. sirloins. I absolutely recommend this place if you're looking for a great steakhouse in Park City. The Main Street location is very convenient as well. I can't wait to return here for another meal. 5-stars all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2013Food was mediocre. Waiter seemed running a scam, offering one free entree but including an 18% gratuity for 3 people. Salmon special was tasty, prime rib was nothing special.
- Very good dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013The steaks were cooked accurately and were very delicious. The elk was less flavorful, but that may just be normal for elk, I don't know. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Solid Steakhouse DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Butcher's Chophouse is your classic steakhouse - dark paneling, low light levels, etc. I ordered the elk special, and it was perfect. My companion ordered the sirloin, which he thought was a bit unevenly cooked, but it was still very good. The crab cake appetizer was interesting, but in a good way. The mashed potatoes were some of the best I've ever had, and the risotto was good, but very cheesy. I took one star off from the service category because we didn't receive appetizer plates, and also because I had to ask for fresh ground pepper when our entrees were delivered. I think both of those faults fall on the food runners. Our server was quite friendly and responsive.Special Features:
- Went on advice of local residentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013Went on advice of local resident and had a great meal with steaks and seafood; favorably priced too. Worth trying