Butcher Shop Steakhouse - San Diego
5255 Kearny Villa Road
San Diego, CA 92123Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Butcher Shop Steakhouse - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.butchershop.signonsandiego.com/
- Phone: (858) 565-2272
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Felix Guerrero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining options available for groups of 25 to 200. Please call 858-565-2272 for details.
- Special Events: Elegant Banquet Facilities available to accommodate all of your party needs- Wedding receptions, Rehearsal dinners, Holiday parties and luncheons, Retirements, Corporate events, Military parties, Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner events from 25-200 guests.
A word from Butcher Shop Steakhouse - San Diego
Reminiscent of a classic Chicago-style steakhouse, The Butcher Shop features only the finest quality mid-western aged steaks and chops, charbroiled to perfection over a mesquite wood-fired grill. In addition to the USDA Choice & Prime Beef steaks, the extensive menu also is highlighted by Angus Prime Rib, slow-roasted to retain its tender juiciness, as well as veal, chicken, lobster tail, king crab legs, and shrimp entrees. The dessert selection is nothing short of decadent, and there is a full bar and excellent wine list. The ambiance is elegant, warm, and intimate with rich dark wood paneling, comfortable leather booths, gleaming brass, beautifully etched-glass panels, and a cozy fireplace. The gracious and attentive service staff will anticipate your every need and ensure that your dining experience exceeds your highest expectations. Whether you visit for lunch, dinner, or just cocktails & appetizers in the lounge, you will soon list this among your favorite dining destinations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Butcher Shop Steakhouse - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (12)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MsGraceVIPDined on 11/15/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world steakhouse for the 21st centuryRaiderToothDined on 11/15/2014We didn't know what we were going to get when we came in, but soon as I walked in the style, he movie star pictures, and the warm greating we got told me we were in for a treat. I had the New York Steak good perfectly for me. the wine list is very nice as well as the full bar. If you are in San Diego stop by for an old world treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a nice date nightpatrickryan90Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I had a great time celebrating our 1 year anniversary here. The atmosphere and food were excellent! Compared to most places it was priced well for what you get.Special Features:
- Food is OK....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014The food is good as expected for the price we are paying; but the service is not. It was a quiet evening at the restaurant; but the waitress was slow in attending to our table. Our food took a long time time to come out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014We ordered the butcher chop steak medium well, the steak is very tender but lacks the flavor of the real steak. Kind of disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect romantic dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014romantic and very east coast steak house dinner feel...me and my husband came here for his birthday 2 years ago, remember liking it but was totally reminded of how good it is...he had the prime rib, I had the filet, both delicious, cooked perfect! the staff was great and knowledgable about the menu which always makes things easier and enjoyable. food came out pretty fast! the music really set the ambiance! just a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmahDined on 10/26/2014Never has handi-capped parking available. Would recommend some of the parking spaces by the front door be turned into handi-capped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable pricesCrazy2gooutDined on 10/23/2014Food is excellent, service is great with a lively atmosphere. Price are very reasonable for food this good.Special Features:
- Steak house with valuefoodiewholovesvalueDined on 10/23/2014Very good food and service in a relatively quiet atmosphere--hard to find any more. Generally good prices with an early bird menu that will tempt everyone for value and selection.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a great dinnerSusan1484VIPDined on 10/19/2014A good steak dinner, with all the fixings. Try the cheese bread and the prime rib. Great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garyfinfeeverDined on 10/18/2014I was let down by the quality of the steak at this restaurant I had better steak at Applebees
- luv2eatVIPDined on 10/18/2014Outstanding service. Well priced menu. Parking a little tightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice serviceKookyGirlDined on 10/12/2014i made a reservation on Open Table & mentioned birthday. while checking in, the hostess wished me a happy birthday & while checking out our waitress brought a complimentery dessert with a lighted candle. very nice ambiance & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throw it back throw backbigguyinpasadenaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was on the same level as you would find at a chain(such as Black Angus) and service was rushed. While the place seems nostalgic it is actually just old.
- Consistently Oustanding!v8240zVIPDined on 10/8/2014I frequent here probably at least once a month. The staff is cheerful and helpful and the food is always delicious. The lunch specials are an outstanding value and should be on everyone's to do list.Special Features:
- Wonderful place01ShereelynnDined on 9/29/2014I wish this restaurant was closer to my house. The service is outstanding as well as their food. Prime rib is delicious and they have sunset dinners that are affordable. They also have a no corkage fee night. I really love this place. I feel special when dining here. Take your family and friends they will be delighted. Also the lobster add on was fantastic.Special Features:
- Very nice.WhiteCobraDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I go to this restaurant for special occasions or sometimes just when we want a great steak. This place is always as expected when we go- great food, professional service and not too loud.Special Features:
- Dad's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Love the service and the food. We go there at least 2 - 3 times a monthSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My bf and I have heard about this restaurant and decided to try it out. We arrived a few minutes early and checked in. While waiting, I saw 3 empty tables but still we had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time. When we were finally seated, we were fortunate enough to sit at a very slanted table that nearly touched my legs because the booth cushions were so high. When the soup was placed, soup splashed at me because of the slant of the table. The only times I saw the waitress was when we ordered food, when food was delivered and when she dropped off the check. I had better service from the friendly busser who filled by water and actually asked whether I needed anything else with my meal. My porterhouse was overcooked. Disappointment
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed the servers, loved the food, celebrated a birthday and had the perfect table to do so without disturbing other diners! We all like to patronize the Butcher Shop Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time Vibe - great foodmchris65Dined on 9/24/2014Just like it should be, a reminder of the 60's Italian Steakhouse. Attentive servers, good selection of appetizers, salads and entrees. Always great beef, my hanger steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, serviceFoojDined on 9/20/2014But noisy, difficult to have table conversation, would NOT recommend for romantic diningSpecial Features:
- jazzyjoeDined on 9/19/2014I have been dining at the butcher shop since the 1995 and the service and staff are the best in the industry. I would recommend kings & queens to dine herebecause of the outstanding service that is rendered to guestsSpecial Features:
- GrumpyDined on 9/12/2014The fantastic thing is that once you visit and return you will finded it just as you left it. Great service and food . the management realizes that if it is not broken don't fix it!Special Features:
- Great food, nice atmosphereRozGDined on 9/11/2014Great experience with the exception that the Special Ocassion, 2 Birthdays was forgotten even though it was noted on reservation request.Special Features:
- Good FoodchewieDined on 9/6/2014The service was very good. The prime rib was delivered as described. Medium - pink all over and no brown. The corkage fee was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food vs ambiancecissyDined on 8/26/2014We are fan for Butcher shop, always. But it is very noisy all the time inside. Even though it is only a family get together, we found it nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butcher ShopMikeZDined on 8/25/2014I took a small group out for an appreciation lunch. The food was good and the servers were friendly and attentive. All service from entering to leaving the restaurant was a pleseant experience.Special Features:
- WorldtravelerDined on 8/22/2014The food was good, the service was great, but decor was dated. It seemed like the crowd was an older one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 8/21/2014A good though not great steakhouse. I had spinach salad, filet topped with blue cheese and mixed vegetables, all of which were good and expertly prepared. Service was attentive. Nothing spectacular here but quite solid.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasure in Kearny MesaromanticdiningloverVIPDined on 8/21/2014The Butcher Shop is simply an elegant place to dine. For my friends and I, we think we have found a dining treasure long lost to the hustle and bustle of some of the newer restaurants. The ambience is quiet and romantic but also warm and friendly. If you want a romantic dining experience with classic wait staff and the most professional Maitre D and bartender in San Diego, I highly recommend this lovely gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time FavoriteCarlyVIPDined on 8/18/2014I always enjoy dining at the Butcher Shop Steakhouse and I ordered the Braised Beef Short Ribs and Mixed Vegetables and my guest ordered the Mesquite-Grilled Pork Chop and both delicious were very good and I want to thank our server Kim for the great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnewsmanDined on 8/17/2014Everything was good except my wife's ribeye steak. It was very thin and overcooked. As much bone and fat as lean. It was ordered medium-rare, but I don't think I could cook a half-inch steak medium-rare either. I know it was listed as bone-in, but there was way too much bone and fat for a $34 steak.
- Very nice lunchGT350Dined on 8/11/2014We made reservations for lunch but arrived early. No problem; we were seated immediately. Our server, Lauren, arrived quickly and was attentive during our entire meal. The food was great and the service was as well. It had a been a while since we had been to the Butcher Shop and I'm not sure why, but we'll certainly be back much sooner. Old style ambiance but great food and service.Special Features:
- BIG DISAPPOINTMENTsorryDined on 8/9/2014I ordered a 8 oz. prime rib and two ounces of it was fat. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Butcher Shop Steak HouseDonna11Dined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is ALWAYS outstanding, from the moment you enter the door until you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014This is a classy place with linen tablecloth and napkins. Our dining room had a fireplace in the center and wood paneling. Our server was very attentive, promptly getting our drinks and appetizers. We ordered the combination appetizer, fried zucchini, potato strips, large shrimp, calamari, and prime rib bites. VERY GOOD!! For the entrée, I ordered the prime rib and cold water lobster, my wife ordered the fillet mignon. The food was to die for, especially the aged beef! The service was great, and at the end of the meal, the manager stopped by to see if we were good with everything. This is a pricey Steakhouse. The food and service is top notch, it's worth every penny. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The spot for a late lunchSusan1484VIPDined on 8/7/2014Was surprised to learn they serve lunch until 4 pm! If you have a late meeting time or lunch date, this is the place to try. Great prices for a decent lunch with all the 'extras'. Loved their Caesar salad with chicken because the chicken was tender, good size pieces and had enough dressing. Prime rib sandwich got great raves too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedDonnaDined on 8/5/2014The name threw me off and when I'd drive by, I would think "who'd want to eat in a butcher shop?" But when I finally got there, it wasn't a butcher shop, but a rather elegant, fine dining establishment. I ordered seared ahi, which was perfectly seared. The dirty martini was spot on. As luck would have it, the night I went was 1/2 price bottle of wine night. The wine list was small, but had a few good choices, nothing too expensive. My boneless short ribs were rich and flavorful. The main came with a choice of potato, rice, or happily, vegetable. I had the vegetables, and they were surprisingly bright and fresh as the spinach salad. José was a wonderful server.Special Features:
- Half price wines, selected bottlesmotoeatsDined on 7/30/2014Had dinner 3 times in the last 3 months. reasonable prices, good food, fish, pork, scampi and a burger! Service has always been with a smile and pretty attentive. Like the wine Wednesday 1/2 price!Special Features: