Butcher Block Grill
7000 W Camino Real
Boca Raton, FL 33433Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Butcher Block Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.butcherblockgrill.com/
- Phone: 5614093035x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday & Sunday Lunch 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner Nightly: Sunday- Thursday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10:00am- 3:00pm
Thursday Night is Ladies Night from 7:00pm-11:00pm ( at the bar- First hour free drink for Ladies)
Happy Hour Everyday from 5pm to 7 pm and then 9pm to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday night - Sunday night
DJ for Ladies Night on Thursday starting at 7pm
A word from Butcher Block Grill
Welcome to Butcher Block Grill, the newest and best all-natural modern steakhouse in Boca Raton. At Butcher Block, the secret to naturally delicious cuisine begins with our artisanal approach towards the selection, preparation and presentation of each dish we create. We only use the highest quality, 100% natural beef, poultry and shellfish, along with locally grown produce. Next, we combine them with a unique Mediterranean fusion of flavors and American steakhouse classics for an unforgettable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Butcher Block Grill - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Butcher Block Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We sat inside...very warm & sweaty. Food was yummy! But we paid $10 for one small mimosa! They ran out of champagne!Special Features:
- Superb DiningfoodiereviewDined on 9/18/2014The Lamb Sliders were delicious!! Rare find...Hanger Steak was also very goodSpecial Features:
- Good foodAlanmac67VIPDined on 9/13/2014Easy to get a table even in Saturday night. Food was great, but a bit pricey. Service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of almost everythingWPB2121Dined on 9/6/2014We tried the 3-course Flavor Palm Beach. Only a few tables were seated, but they had no menus. We each ordered a glass of wine, which they were out of, but gave us an alternative at the lower price. For apps, the Bibb Salad and Lamb Sliders were excellent. Entree's, the Hanger Steak and Salmon; both good but not as advertiesed, because they were out of the sides. Desert, out of Apple Strudel and replaced with berries with cream, but they were out of cream. They brought the last cookie ice cream sandwich, that consisted of burnt cookies and pool of melted ice cream. The waiter did give me another desert at no charge - Goat Cheese Cheesecake, which was excellent. Food was great, kitchen and service - not so much.Special Features:
- if you're into mediocrityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014servers were nice enough; kitchen was slow getting food out…we waited 10-15 minutes between each dish; the veal milanese was under seasoned; BLT salad was tasty; the cookies/ice cream sandwich was quite possibly the worst dessert I've ever eaten…cookies were over cooked…the "chocolate drink" was undrinkable; they also ran out of the apple strudel dessert which was one of their featured items on the special menu for September; very doubtful I will return.
- Very disappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014The heirloom tomatoe salad had. Dressing that was too strong,not a big selection,all the burgers come in a hallah bread and my daughter doesn't like that bread,they should have more options,no kids menu and when I order her the fillet mignon it came with many toppings on top not describe in the menu so ofcUrse my daughter did not like it we sended back birth the taste remained,what a mess,won't be comming back,the only thing that was very good was de veal MilaneseSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We came in for my husband's birthday dinner. We had our 3 daughters with us - and on the bad side, there is not a children's menu so you pay full price when they only eat about a third of the serving size. On the bright side, the place looks super cool and the staff are very friendly. On my reservation I mentioned it was my husband's birthday and out of nowhere they brought him a piece of cheese cake with a candle in it and that was VERY cool of them. I had the hangar steak and it was very hard to chew. My husband and I both ordered medium rare but they were both a bit overcooked. The mac & cheese was awesome as were the parmesean fries. Our girls loved the shrimp scampi. Overall we had a good time, but next time we wouldn't bring kids.Special Features:
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Waited 45 minutes and then we finally got mimosas when we walked out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Had a groupon for brunch and was not disappointed! Food was very good and service was quick. However, as the restaurant became busier (Sunday around lunch time) it became obvious the restaurant was under-staffed. Only one bartender (they offered $10 all you can drink with 4 choices for brunch)and wait staff was insufficient. I was finishing up so I did not suffer the long waits so my recommendation if you are going to brunch is go soon after it opens.Special Features:
- best apple pancakesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Excellent brunch. Apple pancakes are outstanding light and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSkyeMomDined on 8/1/2014Went here before theater. Small menu but everything was very fresh and flavorful. Ryan, the server, was excellent; busboy needs better training.Special Features:
- edwardVIPDined on 7/19/2014New menu has great items...but prices are up. Great wait staff
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Read previous reviews found them all over the place. I was ready to leave if I became disappointed. But not so. Food was great, high quality and delicious. Ordered the lamb chops with a side of brussel sprouts. Also ordered the fresh mozzarella. All were perfect. I would say it is a little pricey. More than I would normally spend. It has special occasion pricing without the special occasion ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Consider extending your 3-course, fixed-price menu to 7-days a week to help drive business. For the salad option on the 3-course meal, include a smaller version of the BLT. That's a signature salad for this gem of a restaurant. Best brunch in town. I tell all my friends. Service is top-tier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not honor reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Made a reservation for lunch Saturday at noon. We arrived to meet client and the restaurant was closed even though a sign out front said open for lunch and Open Table showed reservations available for lunch. Quite embarrassing!
- Very disappointingDisappointedVIPDined on 7/17/2014The website has a very elegant looking place, but it is very casual. Inspite of our reservation, we were offered a table near the door while others were available. The hostess did not wnt to give us another table inside. We opted for the outdoor spot. Service was slow, the server was cold and not too helpful. The food was pricey and some of the dishes were too salty. I do not recommand the place at all. Our experience was turned from a celebration of a birthday to an annoying evening.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 7/12/2014Good appetizers but we were disappointed in the filet mignon. The meat was tasteless. We are finding that beef in general in many restaurants is not as good as it used to be.Special Features:
- Service Still an IssueTJC707Dined on 7/5/2014Well after reading the previous reviews I decided to take a shot anyway. It was the lure of the Fresh Pulled Mozzarella something I've had, but wanted the kids to see. Anyway, the restaurant was virtually empty and the service took forever! The waitress even messed up our order, which was not difficult and I ordered a drink which never came. Listen, the food has plenty of potential an I hope this place can hang in there. It's really that not bad!Special Features:
- Great steakTravelingdinersDined on 6/27/2014Went earlier in week with wife. We shared the16 oz ribeye, BLT salad, and asparagus. Steak came with wonderful steak fries. Great waiter. On Friday we returned with another couple ordered same dinner. It was just as good as Tuesday. Our friends had one comment: "excellent". And they eat out often. We will be back. This place is every bit as good as Abe & Louie's, Chops, Capital Grille or any other steak house in Boca. Staff & manager are welcoming and accommodating as they are trying to build their client base. I understand they have a singer on Saturday night as we as happy hour - outside dining is very nice and bar is outside so inside dining is more serene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the Butcher Block Grill reviews archive.
- eatouterVIPDined on 6/23/2014I have been there a number of times before and hope that this was just a bad night. I have been there a number of times before and hope that this was just a bad night. I have been there a number of times before and hope that this was just a bad night. The wine for my wife came about 10 minutes before my Vodka. They ran out of NY strip steak. In the end my VIP card was not honored because the server did not know how to handle it. No manager was there to correct the situation.Special Features:
- butcher block grillwashdcmuseDined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch. Was very disappointed in the food. Restaurant was full of flies and bugs because they had the door open to the patio. Too hot and humid in Florida for a door to be open.
- Great brunchFoodie4lifeDined on 6/22/2014The staff was professional and welcoming, I noticed the manager took the time out to great each table, you could tell that a lot of repeat customers, by how the staff greater them by name as they walked in. The food was great and the service was timely. Also makes great drinks, the boca breeze was awesome. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014If I spend $40 on a rib steak, it better be great - this was not. Server was not pleasant and wore sneakers with bright orange accents - not what you would expect from a high priced steakhouse. Took forever to clean the table and the restaurant was not busy.
- KEEP THE DOORS CLOSEDBernie48Dined on 6/21/2014LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THE FOOD WAS GOOD, NOT GREAT OR OUTSTANDING- WHILE THE SERVICE WAS GOOD, THE WAITER COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE ATTENDANT, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE RESTAURANT WASN'T THAT BUSY. WHAT WAS MOST ANNOYING WAS THAT THEY HAD THE DOORS OPEN ON A HUMID EVENING AND THE FLIES WERE ANNOYING. THEY NEED TO HAVE A RESTROOM CONNECTED TO THE RESTAURANT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO GO OUTSIDE AND WALK TO ANOTHER LOCATION. I WILL GIVE THIS RESTAURANT ANOTHER CHANCE, BUT ONLY WHEN IT'S COOLER AND THEY KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be betterNathDined on 6/15/2014The food is really good, that's the main reason we keep coming back but the service is not that greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsChachalawyerDined on 6/14/2014I read many reviews complaining about the service, but our service was just fine. It was more casual than I had anticipated, but comfortable and friendly and the food was very good. A little pricey, but not out of line. I would like to try the brunch on a day when sitting outside would be comfortable, or I would like to go there on an evening when they have live music. They did not this past Saturday. Overall, definitely it will be worth a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Butcher block grill was fantastic.Luv2eatDined on 6/14/2014The food was delicious. Not only was the fresh mozzarella appetizer delicious, but educational as well; as it was prepared at the table. Both the beef and fish dishes ordered were superb. I highly recommend the cheese cake. I will definitely be returning to butcher block grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out4dinnerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Four of us went on a Friday evening. The main dish was pricy and disappointing. I ordered skirt steak and substituted Brussels sprouts for the French fries. The vegetable was loaded with bacon and extremely salty. The meat was prepared medium rare as I requested but it also was salty and the cut was a bit fatty. We sat outside, at a comfortable table away from the bar, on a very pleasant evening. We enjoyed the live entertainment while still able to converse without difficulty hearing one another.Special Features:
- little knownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014We loved Butcher Block Grill. Food was excellent and we enjoyed sitting outside in the the beautiful courtyard area.Special Features:
- delishMaccDined on 5/16/2014A wonderful steakhouse in a very low key area in west boca.. the food was amazing and they even had live music which really very good... definitely going back and brunch menu looks insane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingAshawVIPDined on 5/11/2014We thought this restaurant would be a find for steak. However, the chef could not get it right. I rarely send food back, but after four tries including a new rib steak, I could not eat the food. The menu was pricey but the quality of the meat was poor. The ambience was unusual, rustic but contemporary. The large table for four was great, especially after the meat grease was cleaned off.Special Features:
- I usually love this placecrashDined on 5/11/2014Normally this is my favorite place that i reserve for only special occasions. I work in the fountains center and LOVE this place. I commend you on your ingredients and the 2 times I came here before I felt like I had a truly special experience and couldn't wait to take my mom and grandmother there for mothers day. We had a reservation for 230. Got sat at about 230 and at 245 I waved the hostess over for some menus and water. She told us you were out of menus and out of glasses. I asked if we should go somewhere else. She said no and walked walked away. No one tended to us for a half hour and we're hasty and unfriendly. The food suffered greatly as well. I would say mothers day made them crash bc I've never experienced that here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasoned Service Prof. NeededWahyadahDined on 5/11/2014I went here for Mother's Day brunch. While the food was great, the service needs some work. We received the champagne with orange pulp and lipstick on the glass ... ewww! Also one of the glasses smelt of raw meat as if the dishes a piled into one washer or not really cleaned at all. The servers seemed confused or overwhelmed by the number of people. I think this place will do very well given the concept; however, if the service is not brought up to a provision of a higher level of service, it will failSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014All selections were flavorful and fresh. service was top notch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edwardVIPDined on 5/9/2014good food, prices were reasonable, enjoyable. will return
- almost perfect meal.FredFDined on 5/9/2014the food was fantastic. You have to try and put mozzarella. Delicious New York Strip.unfortunately we had a rookie server who really screwed up thetiming of the meal. But the management sent in the reinforcements.and the manager comped us on some of the meal. that extra touched by the management latest want to come back soon exclamationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014The 10oz filet was delicious. It was a new place for us and we enjoyed our meal. The tables were too long for 2 people. We felt like we were speaking loudly at one another trying to hold a conversation. Having a shared public restroom seemed oddly strange. We do like to experience different steak houses. This was a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice nightAbbadooDined on 5/3/20142 couples. We brought our own wine. Service was good. Ate outside. Food was great. We would return for sure. Nice touch with singer on guitarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in a restaurantLovestodine2014VIPDined on 4/26/2014Went with out of town guests to Butcher Block Grill. Was there before and it was fine. From the minute we walked in till we left it was terrible. The waiter was named Michael and we have never experienced a server like him. He brought us the wrong drinks and was annoyed with us. One hour later he took our order and when the appetizers came out two were missing. When we asked for the manager we were ignored. Utensils for soup that was ordered were not brought. The bread was never placed on the table. My husbands salad was never brought out. Finally my husband went to the hostess and asked for the manager and was basically ignored. And that is when we walked out. We will never go back here.
- Terrible serviceJudygDined on 4/26/2014While I thought the restaurant's atmosphere was very nice and the food good, I thought the service was terrible. The restaurant had a decent crowd and there was no apparent reason for the lack of service. Our waiter basically disappeared. 2 entrees had to be sent back to be cooked more. We had to ask over and over again for our bottle of wine and drinks. Sadly, I don't think I will return. If this restauarnt doesn't fix it's service, it will undoubtably close.