Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
741 First Colonial Rd Suite 107
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.burtonsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7574228970x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tyson Lord
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
Burtons Grill is a refreshing, casual restaurant serving contemporary, all American cuisine. Located in the Marketplace at Hilltop in Virginia Beach, Burtons Grill menus cover all the bases - from crisp salads and hearty sandwiches to steak, seafood, pasta and gluten-free dishes.(You don’t want to miss the Burtons burger; crowned the best burger on the beach!) The perfect place for lunch, after-work drinks, dinner inside, or on their outdoor patio, Burtons Grill is open Monday through Sunday for lunch and dinner, and brunch on Sunday. The Burtons Grill private dining room seats up to 50 and is great for business functions as well as anniversaries, engagements, showers, and birthdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)great for lunch (17)romantic (16)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- BURTON'S EXCELS AGAINAlanDDined on 9/5/2014Burton's Grill in Virginia Beach remains one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Food is always excellent. The Swordfish on the September specials menu was delicious and has my highest recommendation. The Jon Luc Columbo rose wine on the September menu is also a winner.Special Features:
- Great girls night outDragonflyDined on 9/3/2014Wine & food was delish. Vivian our waitress, made excellent recommendations and was very patient while 4 gabby women tried to order! Calamari was awesome. Wed is 1/2 off any wine... Always a plus! Great evening & meal. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to find thisSurprisedUs34Dined on 8/25/2014There were some negative reviews from a few years ago that almost prevented us from visiting but we found everything to be perfect. Restaurant was quiet and relaxing. Our plates were beautiful... picture worthy. Food was delicious. We ordered four different entrees and they were all spectacular. Our server kept the table immaculate and the drinks full. We were not rushed from our table and had plenty of time to linger with out of town guests. This will be my new "special occasion" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great place. Knowledgeable waitstaff, delicious food, and the customer service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/16/2014The food was disappointing. I got the fish abd chips (substituted broccoli). Fish was cold, battered coating was greasy. Pulled most of it off and just had cold fish. Son 's salad with chicken was unremarkable. Another in our group had a chicken dish served over a grits cake. Chicken was dry, flavors did not blend well in this dish. Husband got a burger which he enjoyed. Guess we should have stuck to burgers for all.
- Classy place. Great food.BuenProvechoDined on 8/16/2014I had been to Burton's last year at the same time and the Bruscetta was so exceptional that I knew I had to return. I did, and sad to say it was gone from the menu. Very disappointed. However, the sausage-cheese -risotto fritters were a respectable appetizer replacement. The Lemon Drop cocktail was memorable. I had a wonderful salmon dish. Service was excellent. Dishes a bit pricey. Very quiet around 4 pm, quickly filled up and noise level remained subdued. Very classy place. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We have been going to Burtons Grill for several years and have always had a great experience! The fish is always cooked perfectly and sides are delicious! An upscale restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere with excellent service!Wish portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicejsay21Dined on 8/14/2014We tried Burton's for dinner for the first time recently and enjoyed it. The server was friendly and helpful. The food was tasty. We tried dessert and I ordered the Key Lime Pie. It is presented with the crust as a bowl shape, with the pie filling in the middle. It was a generous portion but I found the bowl a little hard to eat. The manager stopped by on his own and said he noticed the crust was too thick, he spoke to the chef about it and removed it from our bill. I appreciated that gesture, especially since I had not even complained to him about it. We plan to return to try their lunch menu some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Believe It's a ChainJackieDined on 8/5/2014Food and service were outstanding! Joanne was our waitress and was very helpful. All of the food items came out as ordered -- even burgers ordered to different donenesses -- we had a terrific time.Special Features:
- A pleasant experienceFIFTYBABEVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was good. My meal was warm. I ordered the crab cakes with potatoes not french fries. We lost power twice during the meal. Once before we received our meal and once before we received dessert. There were no candles on the table so we couldn't see what we were eating. I had to use the flashlight on my phone so my mother-in-law could see what she was eating. It was an experience. We still enjoyed ourselves and would return.Special Features:
- Plenty of GF options!GFfoodieDined on 7/20/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant that provided a GF menu, which Burton's has. They had plenty of options to choose from and I ended up with a delicious shrimp with pasta dish. My husband had the special with tuna and crab, which he felt was 'okay, not great'. His food was a bit dry and overcooked. However, mine was perfectly cooked and the flavors melded with each other well. The waitress was knowledgeable if a bit rushed. We had a couple of empty plates from our appetizers and she reached over my plate to get them, which was a bit invasive and disconcerting, since I was still eating my food. She should just leave them alone until we're done eating or ask us to pass along the plate to her. Other than that, I enjoyed my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShaq3641Dined on 7/18/2014The chili & chips were to die for. Buffalo chicken dip was very delish as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael RMikeRDined on 7/17/2014While vacationing in Virginia Beach we had the pleasure of dining twice at Burtons. The food was excellent and the selection varied and unique. Some of our group had allergy issues and these were well recognized and noted by the staff adding to our level of comfort and enjoyment. I also frequent the Burtons in South Windsor, CT with equal results. We enjoyed our meal so much we came back the next night to do it all over again.Special Features:
- RecommendScottDined on 7/12/2014Excellent service, good selection on the menu. The wine list spans all price levels, so finding a wine isn't a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Dhl1Dined on 7/7/2014I have been to Burton's many times for all different occasions and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had a very nice dinner on Sunday 6 July at Burton's. We had been there a year ago and they have updated their menu. It was nice that our server immediately told us that wine was half price on Wednesday and Sunday - a nice touch for a usually slow night. The food was terrific with a very nice presentation. The service was also excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a fan of Burton's GrillbaileyhalenDined on 7/6/2014I have eaten lunch at Burton's twice and dinner most recently. All of the meals have been very good. The crab-cakes were outstanding! I can't wait to go back for more!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicelovetoshopDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant has never failed to serve a delicious meal and excellent service. The serving staff is knowledgeable and very helpful. I would recommend Burtons for any type of occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMegnmike0628Dined on 6/28/2014Me and my fiancé went here for our four year anniversary dinner. We are not from the area but I found it on trip advisor. The menu is not huge but the food is delicious! They had amazing vanilla peach sangria. They also had an amazing key lime pie!! I would definitely recommend. Our waitress was so nice! Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteHammersFoodieTourDined on 6/25/2014We travel to Va Beach semi-annually for vacation, and Burton's is always part of our trip. Foodies will not be disappointed, the wine list is impressive and service is always excellent. Considering the quality of the food, prices are reasonable. If you do nothing else, try Burton's key lime pie - that alone is worth the trip.Special Features:
- spot on...GoodToGoVIPDined on 6/24/2014As always we had a delightful dining experience. Our server Tori went out of her way to welcome our guest. Our dinners were delicious! The wine was perfect! It's always a pleasure to be greeted by name by servers, even if they are not at your table. Thanks, Joann for your welcome! We appreciated it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!PeteyDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband for the Father's Day promotion with the $20 lunch certificate - it also happened to be our 30th anniversary. Food was AWESOME as usual - and it was a great experience. We cooked brunch that morning, so we planned a "late lunch" in late afternoon and just had bruschetta for our evening meal. I have taken many friends and family there, and always have a wonderful experience. I love the rewards program - plenty of great reasons to go to Burtons but that is just icing on the cake. Staff is always pleasant and helpful - wait staff always knowledgeable and timely without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Solid Local FavoriteMDavisDined on 6/14/2014I had the fresh catch risotto (flounder)--delicious flavor and cooked perfectly. I seemed to enjoy my meal slightly better than the rest of my party enjoyed theirs; hence the 3 star food rating. Appreciated the broad selection of local beers on tap. Our server was excellent. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Graduation dinner here was great. Quiet spot , great attentive service, and wonderful food. Would recommend to anyone! Thanks Burton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZouzouDined on 6/2/2014Fairly good restaurant but food might be improved given the prices. A little bit noisy sometimes, but likely due to some people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014Tried Burton's for a late lunch on a dreary day. The feature was half price burgers from 3-6pm. Although the OpenTable website advertised half price entrees, our waiter knew nothing about it. We both had burgers. My burger with blue cheese, arugula and onions was overcooked beyond the medium as ordered. My husband had the spicy Bonfire burger which was cooked to a perfect medium. One side accompanied each burger, chips, fries or coleslaw. It being an odd hour, there were a total of 6 people in the restaurant, all eating burgers. The staff was professional if not overly engaging. Although the restaurant is quite nicely decorated, I was a bit disappointed in that the table was not cleaned properly, something sticky on the tabletop.
- The following 562 reviews are from the Burtons Grill Virginia Beach reviews archive.
- Ask for BillJacoDined on 5/17/2014One of the initial draw's to Burton's Grill for us was it's Gluten Free Menu. The food has always been very good. Ambiance very nice. What made our most recent visit "over the top" was the service provided by Bill, our server. He embellished all that was good about Burton's with his comedic flare and engaging personality. On our next visit, we will be sure to ask for Bill. Well Done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayTJH57Dined on 5/11/2014We come here often and it is among our favorites. For Mother's Day we got our reservation online, changed it twice and they were very accommodating. Our party ended up being eight, with two moms. We were placed in a back room we hadn't seen before- a minus in terms of ambience. There were a couple of unbussed tables nearby that stayed that way for quite awhile. The fairly large family next to us included a loud annoying toddler that almost spoiled the first twenty minutes or so. Having said that, the food was excellent, our server was great, and the whole experience ended up quite positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive so-so foodProfDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers day. Steak was nothing special for the premium price. $30 for a steak with only rice and mushrooms. $12 burgers, $20 for fried fish that was bland. The upscale prices did not match the mediocre food. Service was good but not what was expected. Would I go back? No way...
- menuheadDined on 5/11/2014Old menu much better than this menu Service was OK just OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youNilesJDined on 5/11/2014Excellent as always. My wife and I have been there several times and we have always had an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Not so goodEaterDined on 5/10/2014Was set down at dirty table. Food (steak) came out cold, brought it back overcooked, forgot to bring kids dessert, charged wrong for 2 kids meals. Will not return.
- nice mealMarkVIPDined on 5/10/2014We arrived 16 min late due to traffic and hostess quickly informed us that after 15 min we become a no show. They were able to seat us so not quite sure what that was about, they had several empty tables. Some prom and graduation dinners going on. Server was very busy but attentive. Food was good, my rib eye was more rare than medium (ordered medium rare) but did not want to risk waiting longer by sending it back. Overall a nice find in Virginia Beach.Special Features:
- Glute Free HeavenglutenfreehsjDined on 4/30/2014They had a specific gluten free menu that had my husband and I ecstatic! Hamburgers, fried calamari, firecracker shrimp, and more!Special Features:
- Great againcoffee6amDined on 4/29/2014Haven't had a bad meal here, always a homerun. The scallops and corn was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food!LauraVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food is wonderful & I am especially impressed with thier gluten free options. Burgers are a lunch favorite for me. The one with blue cheese & arugula is so different but perfect; my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodToGoVIPDined on 4/23/2014Burton's is always our "go to" place whenever we entertain visitors to this area. We always feel special and so do our guests. The menu selections offer something for everyone. The wine list is wonderful. And the service is spectacular! Why would we go anywhere else?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for variety & vegetarians!Lizzy12Dined on 4/20/2014We love the Sunday brunch here because everyone can get what they want, not a prefix menu. My husband got breakfast made to order, I got a black bean burger that was yummy, and my daughter got a vegetarian pasta dish. Generous servings too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter treatEliseBDined on 4/20/2014Brunch with the family, including one active toddler, was a tasty and great experience. The special brunch menu was interesting while the prices were very affordable. The convenient location and parking are a bonus. This restaurant is definately worth a return visit!Special Features:
- Enjoyable and deliciouscoffee6amDined on 4/19/2014This place always delivers. Food is always well prepared and wonderful tasting. The staff always has a smile and helpful. I have never had a bad or even mediocre meal here.Special Features: