Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
741 First Colonial Rd Suite 107
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.burtonsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7574228970x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tyson Lord
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Burtons Grill Virginia Beach
Burtons Grill is a refreshing, casual restaurant serving contemporary, all American cuisine. Located in the Marketplace at Hilltop in Virginia Beach, Burtons Grill menus cover all the bases - from crisp salads and hearty sandwiches to steak, seafood, pasta and gluten-free dishes.(You don’t want to miss the Burtons burger; crowned the best burger on the beach!) The perfect place for lunch, after-work drinks, dinner inside, or on their outdoor patio, Burtons Grill is open Monday through Sunday for lunch and dinner, and brunch on Sunday. The Burtons Grill private dining room seats up to 50 and is great for business functions as well as anniversaries, engagements, showers, and birthdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Burtons Grill Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (23)great for lunch (20)romantic (18)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (2)Show More
- 2nd time…just as good!roxyvbVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had been here for lunch several times but first went for dinner a couple of weeks ago. So good, we went back again, this time with friends!! :)--no disappointments! Excellent salads, drinks, hot entrees and delicious desserts…+ their decaf coffee is wonderful! We'll all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burton's GrillJodyG37Dined on 10/10/2014This was our first visit to Burton's Grill and we only wanted a light dinner. Our server was delightfully accommodating and delivered a hamburger and sandwich although it was dinner time. The atmosphere was attractive, the food was excellent, and we certainly will be back.Special Features:
- FALL SPECIALS ARE OUTSTANDINGAlanDDined on 10/10/2014Don't hesitate to visit Burtons and try their fall specials. The Autumn Pork is great and definitely consider desserts. Always great food!Special Features:
- MemorableLeadthewayDined on 10/7/2014Superb service. Attentive but not overly intrusive. Our reserved was table ready. We began with a firecracker shrimp appetizer with crumbled blue cheese (not normally how this dish is prepared but the chef honored our special request). My wife had crab cakes -- always a big hit at Burtons. I tried the pork tenderloin -- a new Fall menu item -- superb combination of blueberry rendered sauce w/ apple stuffing. We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Pinot Grigio. Would have given 5-stars for food except Burton's has ramped down the wine offerings from dozens of high end selections to just a handful. This being our anniversary, the manager "bought" our dessert for us -- creamy-rich crème broulee. Nice touch. Kudos to all. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDianaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We went for lunch. Husband had the reuben sandwich with fries & I had the salmon crab cake with tazikia sauce & side of cole slaw. I'm not a reuben fan, but husband thoroughly enjoyed it. The fries were yummy, crispy & hot. I had the salmon burger and asked the waiter not to include the cucumber salad on the sandwich. The burger was delicious with an ample portion of salmon which was nice and moist. I really liked the sauce, too. The bun wasn't thick and heavy, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 4 coursesAviddinerVIPDined on 10/1/2014Appetizers were great- favorite was the zucchini filled w ricotta. Mediterranean, Caesar & beet salads all great. Their risottos Are creamy & delish. Creme brûlée done perfect. The flourless choc torte was my favorite of anywhere. Perfect rich creamy texture. No port wines but bartender came out n suggested an alternative.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodToGoVIPDined on 9/27/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my salmon with risotto! Adding squash to it gives some crunch. My husband also enjoyed his salmon piccata. Burton's really knows how to cook fish. Our compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!DanaDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed the food and the staff was great too.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service!KarlDined on 9/26/2014After eating here for this my first visit Is so glad that the friend that I was having lunch with recommended Burton's. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so crabbyseafoodieDined on 9/22/2014She crab soup was the soup of the day, but there was not one visible piece of crab meat in my cup of soup--same with my dining partner who also ordered the she crab soup but found no crab in her cup. My garden salad was missing some of the ingredients listed on the menu and seemed to be mostly iceberg lettuce. My companion's tomato mozzarella salad was very good.Special Features:
- Donner experienceZouzouDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but nothing exceptional. One plate was fairly cold and was greasy on the edges which is not a good sign. Further it is a bit too cold inside due to AC. Hope it will be better next time if relevant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super slow service, overbookedPranaVAVIPDined on 9/20/2014Don't go to this restaurant hungry. We made a reservation for six to celebrate two family birthdays. We were seated at 7, wasn't properly greeted by the server, got drinks at 7:25 and our food at 8:35. Totally unacceptable. The restaurant WAS slammed, but maybe they shouldn't book so many large parties at one time. The manager should have come to apologize and try to make amends. The server wasn't efficient. She seemed clueless that the wait was way too long. In face at one point she asked if we needed more time to look over the menu, I replied, "We've had about 30 minutes to look it over. We are ready to order." Seems to always be an issue at dinnertime. Maybe we'll just do lunch or brunch from now on.Special Features:
- BURTON'S EXCELS AGAINAlanDDined on 9/5/2014Burton's Grill in Virginia Beach remains one of our favorite restaurants in the area. Food is always excellent. The Swordfish on the September specials menu was delicious and has my highest recommendation. The Jon Luc Columbo rose wine on the September menu is also a winner.Special Features:
- Never disappointingGoodToGoVIPDined on 9/3/2014We have high dining expectations and Burton's never fails! Why would we not return to a place that consistently exceeds our expectations!Special Features:
- Great girls night outDragonflyDined on 9/3/2014Wine & food was delish. Vivian our waitress, made excellent recommendations and was very patient while 4 gabby women tried to order! Calamari was awesome. Wed is 1/2 off any wine... Always a plus! Great evening & meal. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to find thisSurprisedUs34Dined on 8/25/2014There were some negative reviews from a few years ago that almost prevented us from visiting but we found everything to be perfect. Restaurant was quiet and relaxing. Our plates were beautiful... picture worthy. Food was delicious. We ordered four different entrees and they were all spectacular. Our server kept the table immaculate and the drinks full. We were not rushed from our table and had plenty of time to linger with out of town guests. This will be my new "special occasion" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go now!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great place. Knowledgeable waitstaff, delicious food, and the customer service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/16/2014The food was disappointing. I got the fish abd chips (substituted broccoli). Fish was cold, battered coating was greasy. Pulled most of it off and just had cold fish. Son 's salad with chicken was unremarkable. Another in our group had a chicken dish served over a grits cake. Chicken was dry, flavors did not blend well in this dish. Husband got a burger which he enjoyed. Guess we should have stuck to burgers for all.
- Classy place. Great food.BuenProvechoDined on 8/16/2014I had been to Burton's last year at the same time and the Bruscetta was so exceptional that I knew I had to return. I did, and sad to say it was gone from the menu. Very disappointed. However, the sausage-cheese -risotto fritters were a respectable appetizer replacement. The Lemon Drop cocktail was memorable. I had a wonderful salmon dish. Service was excellent. Dishes a bit pricey. Very quiet around 4 pm, quickly filled up and noise level remained subdued. Very classy place. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We have been going to Burtons Grill for several years and have always had a great experience! The fish is always cooked perfectly and sides are delicious! An upscale restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere with excellent service!Wish portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicejsay21Dined on 8/14/2014We tried Burton's for dinner for the first time recently and enjoyed it. The server was friendly and helpful. The food was tasty. We tried dessert and I ordered the Key Lime Pie. It is presented with the crust as a bowl shape, with the pie filling in the middle. It was a generous portion but I found the bowl a little hard to eat. The manager stopped by on his own and said he noticed the crust was too thick, he spoke to the chef about it and removed it from our bill. I appreciated that gesture, especially since I had not even complained to him about it. We plan to return to try their lunch menu some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Believe It's a ChainJackieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food and service were outstanding! Joanne was our waitress and was very helpful. All of the food items came out as ordered -- even burgers ordered to different donenesses -- we had a terrific time.Special Features:
- A pleasant experienceFIFTYBABEVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was good. My meal was warm. I ordered the crab cakes with potatoes not french fries. We lost power twice during the meal. Once before we received our meal and once before we received dessert. There were no candles on the table so we couldn't see what we were eating. I had to use the flashlight on my phone so my mother-in-law could see what she was eating. It was an experience. We still enjoyed ourselves and would return.Special Features:
- Plenty of GF options!GFfoodieDined on 7/20/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant that provided a GF menu, which Burton's has. They had plenty of options to choose from and I ended up with a delicious shrimp with pasta dish. My husband had the special with tuna and crab, which he felt was 'okay, not great'. His food was a bit dry and overcooked. However, mine was perfectly cooked and the flavors melded with each other well. The waitress was knowledgeable if a bit rushed. We had a couple of empty plates from our appetizers and she reached over my plate to get them, which was a bit invasive and disconcerting, since I was still eating my food. She should just leave them alone until we're done eating or ask us to pass along the plate to her. Other than that, I enjoyed my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShaq3641Dined on 7/18/2014The chili & chips were to die for. Buffalo chicken dip was very delish as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michael RMikeRDined on 7/17/2014While vacationing in Virginia Beach we had the pleasure of dining twice at Burtons. The food was excellent and the selection varied and unique. Some of our group had allergy issues and these were well recognized and noted by the staff adding to our level of comfort and enjoyment. I also frequent the Burtons in South Windsor, CT with equal results. We enjoyed our meal so much we came back the next night to do it all over again.Special Features:
- RecommendScottDined on 7/12/2014Excellent service, good selection on the menu. The wine list spans all price levels, so finding a wine isn't a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Dhl1Dined on 7/7/2014I have been to Burton's many times for all different occasions and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014We had a very nice dinner on Sunday 6 July at Burton's. We had been there a year ago and they have updated their menu. It was nice that our server immediately told us that wine was half price on Wednesday and Sunday - a nice touch for a usually slow night. The food was terrific with a very nice presentation. The service was also excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a fan of Burton's GrillbaileyhalenDined on 7/6/2014I have eaten lunch at Burton's twice and dinner most recently. All of the meals have been very good. The crab-cakes were outstanding! I can't wait to go back for more!Special Features:
- GoodToGoVIPDined on 7/5/2014Burton's is our go to restaurant - for family gatherings, special occasions and out-of-town guests. Menu has something to please everyone. Wine list is also impressive. When something works for everyone, no need to tamper with it! Eat, drink and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicelovetoshopDined on 6/29/2014This restaurant has never failed to serve a delicious meal and excellent service. The serving staff is knowledgeable and very helpful. I would recommend Burtons for any type of occasion.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMegnmike0628Dined on 6/28/2014Me and my fiancé went here for our four year anniversary dinner. We are not from the area but I found it on trip advisor. The menu is not huge but the food is delicious! They had amazing vanilla peach sangria. They also had an amazing key lime pie!! I would definitely recommend. Our waitress was so nice! Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteHammersFoodieTourDined on 6/25/2014We travel to Va Beach semi-annually for vacation, and Burton's is always part of our trip. Foodies will not be disappointed, the wine list is impressive and service is always excellent. Considering the quality of the food, prices are reasonable. If you do nothing else, try Burton's key lime pie - that alone is worth the trip.Special Features:
- spot on...GoodToGoVIPDined on 6/24/2014As always we had a delightful dining experience. Our server Tori went out of her way to welcome our guest. Our dinners were delicious! The wine was perfect! It's always a pleasure to be greeted by name by servers, even if they are not at your table. Thanks, Joann for your welcome! We appreciated it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 567 reviews are from the Burtons Grill Virginia Beach reviews archive.
- Always Fabulous!PeteyDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband for the Father's Day promotion with the $20 lunch certificate - it also happened to be our 30th anniversary. Food was AWESOME as usual - and it was a great experience. We cooked brunch that morning, so we planned a "late lunch" in late afternoon and just had bruschetta for our evening meal. I have taken many friends and family there, and always have a wonderful experience. I love the rewards program - plenty of great reasons to go to Burtons but that is just icing on the cake. Staff is always pleasant and helpful - wait staff always knowledgeable and timely without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Solid Local FavoriteMDavisDined on 6/14/2014I had the fresh catch risotto (flounder)--delicious flavor and cooked perfectly. I seemed to enjoy my meal slightly better than the rest of my party enjoyed theirs; hence the 3 star food rating. Appreciated the broad selection of local beers on tap. Our server was excellent. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Graduation dinner here was great. Quiet spot , great attentive service, and wonderful food. Would recommend to anyone! Thanks Burton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZouzouDined on 6/2/2014Fairly good restaurant but food might be improved given the prices. A little bit noisy sometimes, but likely due to some people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2014Tried Burton's for a late lunch on a dreary day. The feature was half price burgers from 3-6pm. Although the OpenTable website advertised half price entrees, our waiter knew nothing about it. We both had burgers. My burger with blue cheese, arugula and onions was overcooked beyond the medium as ordered. My husband had the spicy Bonfire burger which was cooked to a perfect medium. One side accompanied each burger, chips, fries or coleslaw. It being an odd hour, there were a total of 6 people in the restaurant, all eating burgers. The staff was professional if not overly engaging. Although the restaurant is quite nicely decorated, I was a bit disappointed in that the table was not cleaned properly, something sticky on the tabletop.