Burton and Doyle Steakhouse
661 Northern Blvd
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Burton and Doyle Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.burtonanddoyle.com/
- Phone: 5164879200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have two banquet rooms lavishly decorated in a classical setting with warm fireplaces and mahogany accents. Our private rooms can accommodate groups of 15 to 100 for your special events. We specialize in corporate, pharmaceutical dinner programs and social events of all kinds. We invite you to join us for an exceptional and truly memorable dining experience.
Contact our Director of Banquet Sales:
Carla Barnett at (516) 487-9200
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for 15-100 people. Special packages available.
- Private Party Contact: Carla Barnett 5164879200
A word from Burton and Doyle Steakhouse
A staple in this area for the past decade, we continue to enjoy a reputation for outstanding fare in a traditional steakhouse setting. We serve the finest variety of chops, steaks, and seafood with innovative specials created by our culinary team daily. The USDA certified prime, dry-aged beef as well as our world class sushi menu sets our standard of excellence. Our Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence winning wine program features more than 700 selections by the bottle and more than 25 selections by the glass. Our sommelier is always available to help you select the perfect wine to accompany your meal. We have two banquet rooms lavishly decorated in a classical setting with warm fireplaces and mahogany accents. Our private rooms can accommodate groups of 12 to 100 for your special events. We specialize in corporate and social events of all kinds. We invite you to join us for an exceptional and truly memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burton and Doyle Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)notable wine list (19)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Better than it has been for yearslg11360VIPDined on 9/6/2014We learned at dinner that it's under new ownership. We were impressed with the food and the service. The owner introduced himself to us and explained that he is renovating the restaurant. I am eager to see what he does. It's already a nice place but it needs new energy - hopefully the bar crowd will come back as well. I'd recommend it. The food was really very good. The wine is very over priced but that's typical of a NY steakhouse I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant is apparently going through a number of changes. That aside, the bread basket was worse than a diner, the service was adequate but not what I am used to and although the tuna was perfect as a dish, it was grossly overpriced. I will most likely give the place 1 more chance before moving on.Special Features:
- Burton & DoyleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014My rib steak was slightly overcooked, but everything else was excellent. The service was top notch and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhousepmnyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Under new ownership. had not been for years and gave it a try. Food and service was very good. Friday night wine special was nice buy any wine over $150 get 50% off the price. will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service much improvedRoseDined on 8/23/2014In the past although food good service was not. New staff significant improvementI would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the opus wineannmarieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great service and a great piece of steak. They could lower the half price wine down to 100 instead of 150 a little highSpecial Features:
- Great experienceBATESQDined on 8/17/2014It was a great experience for my wife, son and I. We are used to eating at top-notch restaurants, and we were not disappointed. The service was attentive, but not suffocating. Each request was meet with a smile, and willingness exceed our expectations. The portions were filling, but not so large that feel guilty leaving food on your plate, or stuffing yourself so as to keep up your membership in the "clean plate club".
- Great steak houseDoNobuVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great restaurant. New owners took great attention to every detail to enhance the dining experience. Sushi fresh. Steaks tasty. Great dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tooobadDined on 8/9/2014Very enjoyable evening and the steak and sliders were greatSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Steak!LindaBVIPDined on 8/8/2014My Scallop appetizer with corn was superb, the Filet Mignon was magnificent and done just the way I asked. The only minus was our waiter who appeared to be unhappy to be there and annoyed that he was required to wait on us. I have been here many times and the staff is usually top notch so I was surprised. Perhaps he had a bad day😞Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North Shore SteakhouseJWH48Dined on 8/3/2014We went here for our 40th wedding anniversary for our first time at this restaurant. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. My appetizer was something called a Kobe Rock, a small grill with a heated rock placed on the table on which I cooked thin slices of Kobe beef. Very tasty. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and had no fat or gristle. The side orders were of substantial size. The apple crisps were also substantial in size and very tasty. There was plenty of space between the tables. We felt very welcome.Special Features:
- LikeSteaklikegoodfoodDined on 7/29/2014Everything was "good" BUT, when my party arrived there was nobody to seat or greet us at the door. In other words, no hostess. After a minute or so two young women appeared from the rear of the restaurant and did seat us. For an establishment of this price and ostensible class, this was unacceptable. Somebody should be available to seat/greet us immediately. This was a bad way to start an expensive dinner and UNACCEPTABLE.Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Haven't been there for years and everything was just as good as I remembered. Waiter was very accommodating. Pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Switched lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014My husband ordered a lobster and wanted a 1lb one and they said ok. After he ordered it they told him they only have 2lb ones. He said ok. When the lobster came they gave him a 1 lb body and 2lb claws. They switched the claws on him. They were very tough. It was like they gave him different claws so that they can get to 2lbs for the additional cost. Restaurant empty and the food took over 25 minutes to get. Not interested to return. Supposedly under new ownership. Have been there in the past and used to be much better. Not impressed at all.
- Just good, nothing specialFood2Dined on 7/24/2014Had grilled salmon and house salad. Bland nothing memorable.
- Steak, Steak, SteakForkedDined on 7/19/2014If you want a prime cut of meat, this is the place to go. The Porterhouse was perfect. Every bite was mouth watering. Service was excellent, staff pleasant and knowledgeable. Great Evening.Special Features:
- CustomerDined on 6/28/2014Quality of steak - poor prime - however, if important to reader, cooked well. Maitre'd wished to race us thru our meal due to the quality of our jeans and t shirts: however, noticeable change in attitude occurred when we saw we all had AMEX - Black Cards., No reason to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Overall - given price level very disappointing experience. and definately will not return.
- food was goodDi10Dined on 6/27/2014service a little slow as it was busy, the steaks were greatSpecial Features:
- Over rated and overlookedRichlew52VIPDined on 6/26/2014When the maître D swing by to ask, how is everything? I told him: tge baked clams were very over cooked, the medium rare $50 ribeye was served medium. The sides were all cooked right. Since Mirtgern BL d is Steak Riw, I would keep driving in either direction.
- Not what it used to be...Hungry22Dined on 6/22/2014Food was great but I didn't get that "upscale steakhouse" feeling w/ the service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to eat ?....dine here !whatagemVIPDined on 6/21/2014The steaks are unbelievable...the fish is wonderful...the sides and salads are tasty.......the service is very good and the staff is very pleasant.....the bar is busy with regulars and the bar patrons and bartenders are very friendly......I recommend this to anyone for a fun drinking and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a return tripDiner4459Dined on 6/21/2014The Cosmopolitan I had was good and an ample size. Calamari batter was very nice, crisp, light served hot, but the calamari itself was a bit chewy. Rib eye was cooked as specified but not as tender and flavorful as expected for the price. Brussels sprouts were a little overdone, fries and onion rings were pedestrian. Would not recommend for the price.Special Features:
- Porterhouse PalaceGolem212VIPDined on 6/15/2014Burton & Doyle was the perfect place for a Father's Day dinner. I split an excellent Porterhouse steak with another diner. Sides and salads are generously proportioned and nicely finished. The wines, by and large, are quite expensive, but a 2010 Louis M. Martinini Cabernet Napa for $80 proved to be a good choice. Service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- annmarieVIPDined on 6/11/2014I loved this restaurant and would love to go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014I booked my reservation online from the burton and doyle website. Which uses open table. I made it for a 9pm date with a friend I hadnt seen in a long time. Luckily it wasnt a business dinner bc if it was it would of been an even worse night. So open table through burton and doyle took my reservation never letting me know that on that night they closed at 9. Untill me and my date were a couple minutes away, calling to inform them we were running late. At which point they told me they were closed
- The following 567 reviews are from the Burton and Doyle Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Good Place to eatTonyDined on 5/29/2014Food is good and so is the service. The steaks are still one of the best around Queens, and the service is very friendly and willing to answer all questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLaurenceDined on 5/23/2014Food was very good with good service. We have been going for years, and is our old standby. Steak preparation recently changed to being served sliced, but we will ask for steak served whole in the future. Much juicier that way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodBigMacVIPDined on 5/21/2014Service was fantastic! Oysters and tuna ta tare were excellent. Steak and lobster were OK. Steak needed a little more flavor and the lobster we a little over cooked.Special Features:
- MichaelDined on 5/17/2014This was the first time since going there that there were issues. Not only did two of the four dinners come out incomplete but also the main server was not as attentive as others were in the past. For a Saturday night in which the restaurant was not crowded, this was surprising and makes one consider if the standards of the restaurant are changing and not for the better.Special Features:
- Saturday night strollersBabs4Dined on 5/10/2014For a Saturday night there were a lot of babies in strollers. Food was very ordinary and prices high. Ceasar salad was bland with no anchovies . Tuna was disappointing,
- Grading on a curve.FundguyVIPDined on 5/4/2014Let's start off by saying the odds are high that you will have a thoroughly satisfying meal at B&D. However, when the prices are this high ($9 for a side of fried onions) you expect superior food at every turn. That's not always the case. An app of creamy burrata cheese and tomatoes was marred by hard, ice-cold tomatoes. The Chateaubriand ($84 for two, with nothing else) was tender as expected but a bit disappointing; it is a filet mignon cut and while I know that is not as flavorful as other steaks, this one was bland, seemingly lacking any seasoning at all. (That said, it was a large piece of meat and we took home enough for two more meals! I can add salt and pepper myself.)Special Features:
- DinnertooobadDined on 5/3/2014Resevation honored. Requests not honored. Food not wonderful.
- Not for VegansjoelDined on 4/26/2014The classic steak house with out the Lugers tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbertDined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent.we had a reservation for 830 and waited over an hour to be seated.a little annoyed since the restaurant wasn't overly crowded.once we were finally seated from there on everything was great.waiter was pleasant and had a great sense of humor. hostesses could do a better job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvementTxforsteakDined on 4/26/2014Servers were not very friendly. I asked the server what they did special for birthdays and he responded very abruptly "we'll put a candle in it". So I responded "in what"? he stated "whatever you want". I thought his tone was sarcastic and rude. Also they messed up on my friend's order but didn't tell us so we waited 45 minutes for our food. Once we got our food, the orders were fine. Overall, too pricey and needed better customer service.Special Features:
- Love the steaks!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014The ribeye steak is simply amazing!!! Medium rare does the trick...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better.ocschwartzDined on 4/18/2014I've been here before, recommended it to some family and we were not disappointed. From the amazing and attentive staff to the seafood tower and Ribeye and finally banana cream pie, one of the best desserts ever, defiantly worth the bill. Good drinks too, just an all around excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A birthday partyHenley2002Dined on 4/12/2014I reserved a party of 12 but ended up with 8. I confirmed the res twice to be sure we got a round table. We did. I have not had better service in all of Long Island and New York and I go out to eat 4x/week. Originally we planned for Bryant and Cooper but they were all booked by Tues when I called for the Sat res. Oh well, we ended up at a better place! The seafood plateau (we ordered both hot and cold for 4) was phenomenal. I want to go back for that alone! The meals were piping hot and the service was PERFECT ... I definitely recommend it for a big party OR for a small intimate dinner - we sat in the not main dining room and it was wonderful. There are many overpriced steak houses, but Burton and Doyle is priced right! GO!!!Special Features:
- Not just a steak houseCardiacKidVIPDined on 4/11/2014The finest sushi and freshest fish are paired with over the top steaks to make this a most versatile eatery. Lump crabmeat cocktail is a meal in itself as are the other shellfish offerings. Aside for perfectly done steaks, the sesame encrusted tuna, salmon and lobsters all shine. This place can get noisy, energetic and crowded at times, but the service is almost always attentive and professional. One of the best, if not the best of the steak row spots on the strip along the north shore. Not cheap but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Excellent FoodNYCAG84VIPDined on 4/5/2014Service was better than I expected and the food quality was very good! Robust wine selection and everyone was friendly and very attentive. I would definitely come back.