Burt & Max's Bar and Grille
9089 W. Atlantic Ave. Suite 100
Delray Beach, FL 33446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burt & Max's Bar and Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.burtandmaxs.com/
- Phone: 5616386380x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Adam Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rapoport"s Restaurant Group Special Event Catering has been serving South Florida for the past 30 years,
led by veteran restaurateur, Burt Rapoport, and continues to bring unparalleled excellence to both corporate and social special event catering.
With careful attention to every detail, our Event Planners create special events tailored to your needs.
Our dedicated team will be on site throughout your event to ensure that your guests receive incomparable food, service and hospitality.
- Entertainment: Happy hour is available at the bar from 4:30PM to 6:30PM, Monday through Friday. We offer half price drinks and discounted appetizers on our happy hour menu.
We will have live music on Thursday nights (8pm until closing) on Saturday nights (9pm until closing) and a jazz band for Sunday Brunch (11:30am
A word from Burt & Max's Bar and Grille
Burt Rapoport and Dennis Max have made quite a name for themselves in the South Florida restaurant scene over the last three decades. This culinary duo have been opening restaurants together since 1979 and are combining their years of hospitality experience, culinary expertise, and savvy business knowledge once again. Burt and Max"s, a modernized, updated version of their popular Max's Grille in Mizner Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burt & Max's Bar and Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (61)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (37)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (27)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (20)hot spot (20)special occasion (18)notable wine list (7)scenic view (6)romantic (5)Show More
- Best burgersjtmcDined on 8/31/2014We had a fun evening with friends. The staff was welcoming and kept us informed. Even with a reservation we waited 20 minutes for the table but it passed quickly because they bought us a drink. We had burgers. I had the turkey and it was well grilled. The beef burgers however were the big hit of the night juicy and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014A complete menu to satisfy everyone's taste buds! Large wine and tasty cocktail selection along with a great bar scene. Good for a group and also before/after movies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablecindiVIPDined on 8/29/2014Burt and Max's food is always reliably good. Fresh food cooked to order and nicely presented by efficient and friendly servers. Would like to see some new additions to the menu with more small plates.
- bbjjVIPDined on 8/28/2014seated along kitchen service area . Noisy. It's one thing to watch people cooking and another to watch them get cokes and water and clean up. etc. Not attractive to me. It"s also noisy . Had meet loaf which was good. But prep area distraction to what could be nice meal.Special Features:
- mediocredontlikeripoffsVIPDined on 8/26/2014Food was Ok, waiter had a BAD attitude. I guess we weren't important side we only had diet coke and ice tea. I guess he spent the money he made in the season. I won't be returning until they get some parking. Velet $5 parking. Sorry Burt
- good food,friendly staff,lynnDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding General Manager,great place to gather and hang outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun in delrayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014food and service was good. noise level increased as the restaurant became crowded-7pm fri. night-seemed to be music from two different sources. valet parking was handy but would be nice if included by the management
- Great service and good ambienceMarvrVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food is good, fries are great. Service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Always Vey GoodRschagrinVIPDined on 8/17/2014WE always enjoy Burt & Max's . Very good food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Saturday NightbiedsDined on 8/16/2014It was quite busy, as is typical for a Saturday night. I checked in for my reservation 30 minutes early to sit at the bar for a drink first. We were barely at the bar 15 minutes and were called. Our waiter was wonderfully friendly and professional. We already had a appetizer that was brought from the bar along with our drinks. He gave us our space. Very seamless transition. Salads and dinner were ordered. Each and every dish was delicious. Skirt steak and fish tacos were shared on our side of the table. Pizza and short ribs on the other side. We were all pleased with our selections. We have NEVER had a bad experience there. WILL return again and again!Special Features:
- Worth the TriprealtorslgDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoy eating at Burt and Max's grille offering a nice well rounded menu and good fresh food and open kitchen as well as point cards for all of their various restaurants. They are quite accommodating for a very busy happening restaurant. There are booths and even round tables, indoor and outdoor seating..............Noisy but a good noise! and a Great meeting place..............Just plan to wait upon arrival often even if you have reservations! but if you are lucky they will serve you some free hordourves during your wait.Special Features:
- Burt & MaxRaineyDined on 8/15/2014We tried it again because we heard there was a new menu/management; but same old mediocre food. This has to be the noisiest restaurant in town. Impossible to carry on a conversation. The server disappeared during the entire meal. had to stack our our dishes and ask another server for more drinks. Fish sandwich bread stale and fell apart.
- Birthday Party was perfectZimmerman29Dined on 8/5/2014The staff from the beginning phone call to the actual event were excellent and very attentive. We were a group of 8 women so not the easiest crowd but our waitress was excellent and the atmopshere very pleasant. Food was good. They came with a nice carrot cake for the birthday girl. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhjester66Dined on 8/2/2014food was good but not outstanding. very noisy and a parking problem.would not go out of my way to go .....Special Features:
- Always goodFabulousDined on 7/31/2014I love this place. Not always on point, but this evening was great!
- Burt does it Again!lov2eatVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is a fun-filled, delightful place to come to in the evenings (indoors or outdoors), with or without the family. The menu is interesting, and has something for everyone. The burgers are delicious, as is the chicken and fish (Delicious Idaho trout). Great steak fries, super sweet potato fries. Staff is friendly and accmmodating, too.Special Features:
- foodlover9515Dined on 7/19/2014When you talk about a great neighborhood restaurant, this is the real deal. You can have anything from a burger & fries to a full steak dinner. It's family friendly & also adult friendly - meaning, there's several families, but no screaming out of control kids. Our waiter was courteous & friendly, & got our order in correctly. The prices are reasonable & the atmosphere is casual. We enjoy going there after a movie.Special Features:
- ToomieDined on 7/12/2014Service was excellent, as usual. We requested an outside table and we were accommodated. Food choices are very good and they are always willing to make substitutions without questions. They have a very impressive selection of bourbons and scotches but could use a few more flavored vodkas!Special Features:
- Average CoorporatePleasantDined on 7/11/2014Average, but decent food. Staff was friendly, but did not advise us at all, everything was "terrific", but it wasn't. Wedge salad was tasty, but huge and we should have been advised to share. The onion soup dumplings were hard, the kale salad under-dressed, the free spinach appetizer was unnecessary, especially since we had ordered appetizers already. It felt very corporate, not a place I'd return to.
- First time not the lastbergmanteamDined on 7/3/2014Enjoyed the food very much. The service was lacking and very inattentive even though the restaurant was not very busy. This was probably just the particular waitress that we had. The food was definitely worth going back for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodloverDined on 7/1/2014Your restaurant came very highly recommend. I have eaten at Henry's and thought thr quality of food would be the same. I was very disappointed. My steak had a lot of grizzle on it. I brought guests with me and they had the short ribs and found them to be very dried out. I really don't think I would patronize this restaurant again. It was also very noisy.
- Birthday CelebrationTanzyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Busy, rainy Sunday night. Party of 5, including one 5 year old. Onion soup dumplings, had to try them, and they were good. Ordered the crab cakes, skirt steak, fish tacos and burger. All were good. Have to agree with a couple other reviews on my side for the skirt steak, the mashed potatoes were room temperature. The kids pizza would have made an adult full, ended up taking some home. Service is young and needs some polishing. The soccer game was going on at the bar, and made for a lively scene. Gave the place some energy, as most guest in there were on the senior side. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- Forgot member cardpottedfrogVIPDined on 6/28/2014Forgot my member award card and staff/bar tender could not find my member # in restaurant computer system. I had to get a new card for the night . Disappointed in this. Extremely noisy when seated at booth across from the bar plus recorded music volume was loud which added to noise. Had to shout to speak with our dinner partners. May dine outside next time in evening. Otherwise I do like Burt & Max menu very much and quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh, what happened?BigTipperDined on 6/28/2014This was my third visit. First two visits were five star, fantastic. Third visit may keep me from coming back. The Red snapper was swimming in a bowl of pasta and salty broth, was chewy and smelled fishy...seriously yuck. The waiter forgot items repeatedly, developed a bit of an attitude, and after about 90 minutes (we were done eating) told us he needed the table, "after all, it was Saturday night". Normally I tip 25-30% for great service...he got less than 10%...he he knows why...I should have discussed this with him and the manager but didn't want to waste my time with this contemptibly obnoxious person who should find another career.Special Features:
- Nice evening with friendshowjsobDined on 6/28/2014Had a great dinner with friends. Restaurant was very accommodating when I called to let them know we we were running a bit behind. Nice to have Gluten Free and Vegetarian items noted on the menu.Special Features:
- Burt & Max's Bar & GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Very disappointing. Crab cakes were all filling: no crab. Calamari was soggy. Don't waste your money.
- We truly enjoyed our experience.lynnDined on 6/23/2014The food was delicious and plentiful. The salmon was outstanding and the sides were most creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonSLVIPDined on 6/22/2014After eating there many times we ceased going because consistency of the food quality changed dramatically for a restaurant owned by this particular group that is an ace as far as we were concerned. Could never depend on the same thing twice, always cold food poorly presented was served. In general it went terribly down hill after being open a few months. Went to movies last Sunday nearby in same center. Thought we would give it a try again. Much better. Oddly enough both dishes were served warm but not hot. They included pasta and hamburger. French fries with hamburger still on the cold side. Because of one of the owners reputations and the fact that we eat at one of his other restaurants and love it, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burt and Max'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014Good neighborhood place. We went for an early dinner, so it was quiet. Parking can be a problem (although there is a $5 valet service). We all ordered burgers and sweet potato fries....an excellent choice. W hat ca I say about the martinis? huge and delicious! First time I've used Open Table.....what a great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger HeavenFrannyladysVIPDined on 6/17/2014The best burger I have ever eaten. Whenever I want a burger this is the only place. I asked why the burgers are different? They told me made from brisket and short ribs and yes YUM, YUM. Their salads are excellent. Their quiches very good. A great place to go to and in a great shopping mall. A lovely menu.Special Features:
- randeegfeldDined on 6/14/2014excellent, evening, service and food-- Had a great time will definitely go back soon!!Special Features:
- Bert & Max is always consistent!BizweepDined on 6/13/2014We've been to B&M several times and this happened to be a rainy night and couldn't enjoy the outside as much as we usually do. I brought a couple of clients. The food was good as they have a diverse menu and the ambence was excellent. On the negative side we felt pressured by the waitress to order as she can over to the table a number of times. The whole meal from sit down to exit took about 2 hours. We all kind of felt that they want to turn over the tables quicker. They introduced this matrix type card with specials and discounts which I wasn't interested in saving $ appetizer. I think it makes it a chain like feeling. If I was a red lobster or friday's person it would be different.Special Features:
- Rapoport Restaurant Group Rocks!ReneetheCPADined on 6/12/2014I celebrated a friends birthday here Thursday night and we had a great time. The brussel sprouts are to die for, we had several vegetarians with us, a meat eater, and someone trying to eat healthier, and we were all extremely satisfied with the choices, even our preteens! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Really goodGreatfoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014This place was very good. Everything was good and we will be going back again. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbiegDined on 5/30/2014We go here on a regular basis. The food is consistently excellent. All the grilled fish is great. Skirt steak is great too. All appetizers are great. I've had almost every one. The only dish I would change is crab cakes. Very commercial and not lump crab pieces. Otherwise, I have always had excellent dishes.Special Features:
- susanVIPDined on 5/27/2014All four of us had delicious dinners. We love the chicken and waffles, the roasted chicke, all the salads and the shrimp lettuce wraps. Havent had a bad meal yet and we've been there many many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxmimiDined on 5/24/2014The table had two children next to us 16 months apart looked like around one and two. they were soooo loud, but I understand kids. They were not crying, but just loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, other than the flies...FabulousDined on 5/23/2014Always delicious. Service was great. They have to do something about the flies! They are all over!
- Great all aroundFloridaChadDined on 5/20/2014My table was waiting for me when I arrived with my guest. The staff was very knowledgable about the menu and made my table feel welcomed. We had two apps that everyone loved and four different enters that were also a hit. We split the desert and all had coffee. We were not rushed and had a great time. The GM (Steve) even came to our table to check in on us. We gave him two thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SpecialBridgeloverDined on 5/18/2014The evening we were at the restaurant one of the specials was a rib eye steak. Three from our party ordered it. All three agreed it was not particularly good and overpriced for what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.