166 West 4th
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burritoloco.com/
- Phone: (212) 675-1977
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm- 2:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm- 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout
- Catering: Burrito Loco offers full service catering for your every need.
A word from Burrito Loco
Welcome to Burrito Loco. Since, 1983 we have served our patrons a cuisine so authentic it feels as if you've been transported to Mexico. We use only the freshest ingredients in all of our dishes and take pride in satisfying each and every customer. At Burrito Loco, everyday is a celebration and we invite you to join our daily fiesta!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burrito Loco reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- M PascalePascale625VIPDined on 9/5/2014What a lovley evening. Food was the Best Mexican in New York. Service was the best ever. Will tell all my friends about this special Restaurant.Special Features:
- Now I love Mexican food!GreekReviewVIPDined on 8/23/2014I found this place b/c I needed something located close to the theater I was going to after dinner. What luck!!!!! It was so much fun - the nicest wait staff and GREAT frozen margaritas!! Fairly priced and great location. I cannot wait to go back!!Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Burrito Loco reviews archive.
- Good foodSatisfiedDined on 7/19/2014Service was good, the food was excellent will return.Special Features:
- Good but not friendlyTenderDined on 7/18/2014Ate at this restaurant a few days ago with two other people. Food was very good but the service was poor. Waited at the bar for my party and the bartender never said hello or smiled. To add insult. Our waiter was just as cold as the bartender. No smiles, or even a kind gesture. Will not eat there ever again or recommend the place..Special Features:
- niceTerryDined on 3/5/2014Burrito loco is a really good place to get some good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL...kristinaVIPDined on 1/30/2014Worst mexican i have ever had in my entire life. I ordered the Camarones Costenos-Sauteed gulf shrimp marinated in coastefilo chile adobo, served with ploantains, Mexican rice, and julienne tortillas...it was basically shrimp in marinara sauce. My friends also were displeased with their dishes. Their margaritas have little to no alcohol in them as well. Dont waste your time!!!
- awesome guacamole and great drinks.tanakaVIPDined on 1/18/2014They have great drinks and awesome guacamole. The service is not the best but the food is not bad!..... ............... There were broken glasses under the table..I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinnerNatalieDined on 1/10/2014My boyfriend took me to Burrito Loco for my birthday. It wasn't our first time going there. I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't crowded since it was a Friday nite. I had the carne tampiquena. It was delicious! He had a pork chop special. That was yummy also. The only negative I can say was that the drinks were very light on the alcohol. Other than that, everything was perfect. Thanks for an awesome birthday dinner!!Special Features:
- Great Hang OutRyanDeoDined on 1/4/2014I really like this restaurant. Service is really good. Ambience is nice too. Pretty affordable as well. I went once and they has amazing Mexican music blasting which I loved but for the second I went they turned it down a notch and had low music playing. I really wish they had the loud festive music on. It created a great fun moodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were able to fit my groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013They were able to fit my group of 10. Service was good, food was great. Fun atmosphere. I will definitely be back as well as recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2013Food is overpriced for what you get, even though it still tastes good. The space inside the restaurant is a bit small as well so large groups would have a problem.Special Features:
- Yummy Strawberry Margaritas!Yummy4myTummyDined on 6/22/2013Great Service. Staff is super attentive. Loved the margaritas. If you return a drink for being horrible they will still charge you.. Don't be the monkey! Food was good but definitely not worth the price. I make homemade Mexican food from scratch the way my a heal taught me and this food is good but not authentic. I will go back for margaritas only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a fun dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/4/2013Went with a group of 13 people the night before cinco de mayo. Service was good - managed the big group well. Food was not particularly distinctive, but we were mostly there to drink margaritas and have fun. Frozen margaritas were potent and delicious! Fairly reasonably priced as well. Would recommend for a group looking to have a fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My best friend's birthdayNatalieDined on 5/3/2013I took my BFF here for her birthday. It was our first time here. We both enjoyed our food & drinks. The prices were reasonable. It's pretty loud, but after a drink or 2, you won't even notice. Plus it was a Friday night. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me and my girlfriend decidedRicardoDined on 4/19/2013Me and my girlfriend decided to grab a quick meal before heading to 3 sheets. We stopped by Burrito loco because I was craving Mexican. We decided to get the Choriqueso as an appetizer. For an entree she got the Enchiladas Burrito Loco and I got the Chimichangas. The Choriqueso came out pretty quickly and we enjoyed the warm tortilla that came with it. The sausage was salty but still had some good flavor. When my girlfriend started to eat her enchiladas burrito loco, stuffed with beef, she immediately longed for the version she had weeks ago at tortillas grill on second ave. Add to that my soggy Chimichangas and flavorless rice and beans, we quickly paid our bill and grabbed a dollar slice to fill our stomachs. I will not be coming back.Special Features:
- Great for birthdays - theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Great for birthdays - they turn on really loud mexican music and come by with a bottle of jose cuervo and a large sombrero for the birthday guest with a plate of flan with a candle and pour a shot in their mouth - really a lot of fun for a group and they were very accomodating - really fun for a cheesy birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Food was delicious - particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Food was delicious - particularly the tacos al pastor & the fresh guacamole. The margaritas were great as well. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here with 15 girls forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2013Went here with 15 girls for a bachelorette party and it was perfect. Staff was happy to do something special for the brideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013The staff was very accommodating to our large, mostly late, group. They were good about checking in and making sure everyone hads drinks. My 2 problems were the mediocre food and loud atmosphere. Very difficult to hear friends siting right next to me.Special Features:
- We went as 10 person rowdyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We went as 10 person rowdy group celebrating a birthday. The servers were great about keeping the pitchers of margaritas coming and made the birthday girl feel special with tequila waterfalls for the whole table. I definitely recommend it for this type of event.Special Features:
- In expensive and simple.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013In expensive and simple. It was exactly what I was expecting.
- Based on the name, you wouldn'tKFinCTVIPDined on 1/25/2013Based on the name, you wouldn't think twice about this cute restaurant on West 4th and Cornelia but you should! We ate there on a Friday night and it was lively and busy from 6:30 til we left at 11. Great variety of margies and plenty of different beers. Homemade guac was delicious (although it could have been a more generous size), empanadas were a great blend of spicy, smoky meat and flaky pastry dough. The grilled chicken burrito was fresh and filled with great ingredients...plenty of grilled chicken, black beans, rice, etc. So good! My husband had a steak topped with chorizo and ate every single bite so I have to trust him when he told me it was really good :) Two others had the vegetable burritos and really liked them too.Special Features:
- Excellent drinks and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Excellent drinks and service. I really enjoyed the decor as well.Special Features:
- Dîner super sympaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Endroit très sympa pour un repas en soirée. On retrouve les goûts dans les plats mexicains. Le service est parfait er l'ambiance au rendez-vous.Special Features:
- Fun village find! TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Fun village find! Terrific margaritas. Great service many little surprises and chef specials My FAV!Special Features:
- A Wonderful SurpriseNickyDined on 9/19/2012We reserved here because we were down in the neighborhood and wanted to eat Mexican food--but did not know anything about the restaurant. It was affordable and wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. It might possibly be a different experience if the place were full (perhaps it would be much more noisy). But, it was very quiet the night we were there and the service was excellent.
- The place was just ok...theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012The place was just ok...the food was bad. A bit overpriced.