326 University Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
BurmesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (650)285-2770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burmese
- Executive Chef: Win Tin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Burma Ruby
Now open in downtown Palo Alto, Burma Ruby Burmese Cuisine Burmese cuisine. Chefs Win Tin formerly of Burma Superstars locations in Oakland and Alameda respectively, will jointly be heading up the kitchen at the new Burma Ruby venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burma Ruby reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Open air, but still loudgibgibDined on 9/2/2014Went with an older couple, had to lean over the table and shout, even after asking them to lower the music (which they did graciously). We were far inside, but toward outside the Harleys went by quite often. Otherwise we liked every dish and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- BurmapeachyDined on 8/31/2014Food is Good, but nothing to rave about. Service was very attentive. Prices are a bit on the high side. Every dish costs between $15 and $20, so a dinner without drinks could easily run up to $80 after tax and tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great location!Rk2013septVIPDined on 8/29/2014New restaurant which is jam packed! Great food and location on university ave in downtown Palo Alto. Requires booking in advance with right number of people. Slightly noisy due to always being full and the service is reasonably good despite them being completely full all the time.Special Features:
- Strange ServicePaulDined on 8/24/2014While I can't say that the service was bad, it was strange that our server seemed to be absent most of the time and the manager was helping us. He did a great job and was very friendly. With him helping out we had good service. The food was great, especially the tea leaf salad. That was one of the reasons I went there and it was well worth it. All of the other dishes were well prepared and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd frontcubsfanDined on 8/17/2014Burma Ruby is the second front for Rangoon Ruby, which is a couple of blocks away but unable to expand on its current site. The menu is identical with the mother ship, and just as exciting and satisfying. It is unusual for one restaurant to have a satellite so close, but with downtown Palo Alto hopping as it is, they must have calculated the demand will sustain both. There are even a few sidewalk tables, where we sat, maybe a bit too close to the foot traffic, because there is no separation, but not unpleasant even so, if you like having passersby survey your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014Newly open. Did well for a new place which was very busy.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Burma Ruby reviews archive.