Buri Tara Thai Cuisine - Redwood City
911 Main Street
Redwood City, CA 94063Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Buri Tara Thai Cuisine - Redwood City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sweetbasilredwood.com/
- Phone: 6502577594
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM,
Saturday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
Daily Dinner: 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Free Delivery and Catering minimum $30.00 Limited Area
A word from Buri Tara Thai Cuisine - Redwood City
Our restaurant is a totally family business. We are originally having the food business in Thailand for more than 20 years. Most of our recipe has passing from generation to generation. We want to invite everyone to come enjoy our delicious original Thai food with nice music, great warm atmosphere and friendly service at sweet basil here in Redwood City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buri Tara Thai Cuisine - Redwood City reviews from OpenTable diners
- my second time. food was consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2013my second time. food was consistently excellent (wifey agrees) however the service was terrible: couples that came in after us were served first, the waiter was surly and sarcastic when I asked for a booth, even though we had reservations and the place was almost empty, and my wife's dinner came ten minutes before mine etc.Special Features:
- I took my wife on Valentine's...likOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I took my wife on Valentine's...liked it so much that we came back the next night with our friends. They don't have bar service...just beer (Thai beer is good). We saw some other people bring their own wine, so we'll do that next time. The price was very reasonable...with a couple of beers it was $25-$30 per person. I suspect we'll become regulars!
- Absolutely excellent and authenticliz23Dined on 12/25/2012Absolutely excellent and authentic Thai food. We enjoyed our meal immensely. There were six of us and we ordered a wide variety of dishes. Every single one was delicious. The service was superb. Dishes came quickly and were served along with a big smile and friendly conversation. The restaurant is within easy walking distance of the big movie theater and downtown Redwood City. Their expanded lunch hours as well as dinner beginning at 5pm is a plus for all the people employed in the area, as well as movie goers. (closed Sundays)Special Features:
- Good experience - I had padOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Good experience - I had pad thai. They got the tofu right (most restaurants don't do a good job) and didn't skimp on the peanuts. Nice service. Nice environment - not tacky like other Thai restaurants. Only comments are that the music is up a little too much. The two times I have been here, they turned it down for me. And they have a TV in the dining room which is annoying and undermines the feeling of the place. I wish they would change that because overall I think it is really good.Special Features:
- Delishes dishes and extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Delishes dishes and extremely friendly service. Everything we order was excellent!Special Features:
- Some dishes good others average.livetoeatVIPDined on 11/9/2012Some dishes good others average. Duck rolls appetizers tasted mushy ...obviously previously frozen and not completely fried through ....basically not edible.Special Features:
- Slow service because it'sfoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2012Slow service because it's a family operation w/small staff. However, the food is worth the wait.Special Features:
- Excellent presentation andfoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2012Excellent presentation and taste. Unfortunately the place was so busy they couldn't keep up and the service was slow. Perhaps they will improve with time.Special Features:
- Food is great, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/10/2012Food is great, but service is horrible. I have been here a few times for lunch and dinner. Their food is usually pretty solid, but inconsistent. I had Pad Thai for lunch one day, it was perfectly cooked and tasty. Two days later, I went back for the same dish two days later at dinner time, the noodles were over cooked and lumpy. Their wait staff could use some training and motivation.
- This is no longer Sweet BasilOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012This is no longer Sweet Basil and the new restaurant did not have our reservation. Please update your records.
- Excellent neighborhood ThailivetoeatVIPDined on 11/19/2011Excellent neighborhood Thai place in Redwood City.... we'll be back. Good blend of flavors...especially the Thom Ka Kai chicken soup.Special Features:
- If you're in a rush, don't go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/10/2011Took an hour to get food (at lunch time!). Didn't seem all that apologetic either.
- The service was very nice.EatoutoftenDined on 9/10/2011The service was very nice. Most of our food was very good (did not care for the sauce that came w/the fresh spring rolls). The calamari appetizer was really good!Special Features:
- Decor and seating much moreTetonDined on 8/21/2011Decor and seating much more suited to lunch crowd. Had dinner on a Sunday night and the place was deserted. The food was generally very good, portions adequate, and resonably priced. There are no alcholic beverages of any kind served hereSpecial Features:
- Delighted to find this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2011Fantastic Thai cuisine...what a find for me for my infrequent biz meetings in Redwood City! The food is the best version of any Thai dish you have had before. My colleague had Pad Thai, I had the Basil Chicken dish and we devoured an order of Spring Rolls, presented elegantly! I can't wait to go back...highly recommend it for anyone who wants to introduce people to Thai cuisine also...Special Features:
- A Flavorful BargainOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/30/2011The food was delicious, very flavorful and very reasonable. I would definitely go there again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- They were very accommodatingItalophiliaVIPDined on 6/16/2011They were very accommodating when I ordered off the menu. Their menu is extensive. My only disappointment was that they were out of the young coconut drink. The food was delicious!Special Features:
- Sweetly DisappointingBelmont2Dined on 6/5/2011Generally mediocre. Took a visiting couple for dinner, largely because Bangkok Bay was closed and Sweet Basil was highly recommended on Yelp. The restaurant is a large storefront and the walk-in impression was disappointing... tile floors, leatherette booths on both sides and an open floor space with widely-spaced tables, minimal decor. Very few diners (a clue). The appetizers were the best part of the meal... all four entrees were adequate, nothing special. Can see SWeet Basil as an ok lunch spot for the Redwood City Civic Center crowd... not a serious dinner. Will not be back.
- How Sweet it is..WinerVIPDined on 2/26/2011Nice portions of tasty Thai food at very reasonable prices.Special Features: