Burger Jones - Burnsville
1619 W. Cty Rd 42
Burnsville, MN 55306Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
Burger Jones - Burnsville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burgerjones.com/
- Phone: (952) 885-2289
- Hours of Operation:
Sun. - Thurs. 11:00am - 11:00pm, Fri./Sat. 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Special Events: Purchase Parasole Holiday Gift Cards, and boost your holiday spending power by 25% free. Available in any denomination, offered Nov 1 through Dec 24 and redeemable after Dec.25, 2014.
Purchase yours at parasole.com, by calling 1-866-541-4438 (GIFT), or at the restaurant.
A word from Burger Jones - Burnsville
There are two Burger Jones... There's the urban burger bar whose sleek dining room, cocktail bar and patio overlooking Lake Calhoun draws discerning burgerholics for lunch, dinner and drinks. This Burger Jones offers early and late Happy Hour, along with ample parking, including dedicated spaces for easy pickup of your takeout orders. Then there"s the other Burger Jones... Behind the kitchen door we transform a secret custom grind into burgers you'll have no choice but to attack – for their beauty can drive you insane – and no option but to eat quickly, lest the dopamine rush overload your pleasure receptors. Start slowly, maybe with a simple Burger Jones. As your habit develops, don't worry: we'll feed it. Sorry, no patio reservations accepted... Have a cold beer or Hillbilly Hooch and we will seat you outside as soon as we can if you prefer but expect to wait.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Burger Jones - Burnsville - Best Restaurants in Burnsville ›
Burger Jones - Burnsville reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (30)great for lunch (30)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (13)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Place for just about anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014I've been to Burger Jones twice now and the food was great and the service was great. Both times were busy and it didn't slow anything down. Great place for a social gathering, families, or just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgers!BurgermiesterDined on 11/9/2014Delicious food, well prepared, good service, and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers and Bloody Mary!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Loved the food, service and Bloody Mary!!! They were voted the best Bloody Mary and I agree!Special Features:
- missblueDined on 10/17/2014Good food - though extremely over priced - and lack of communication on pricing - the server never stated that the fries would cost extra and/or ask what size of apps we wanted. I will not be returning.
- Excellent burgers.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We went there for our anniversary, and had so much fun. The food was amazing. The cheese curds were melt-in-your-mouth outstanding.Special Features:
- Pre-poker Burger JonesDiningDined on 10/10/2014The food is delicious, though the service is a little off; I never got a refill on my water, in spite of asking two different people. The booths are a little cramped, especially when it comes to leg room.Special Features:
- Kitchen TablemikeyDined on 10/8/2014BJ's has a kitchen table which makes the experience even more hilarious in a already crazy atmoshpere.Special Features:
- transplantedfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Great food good service enjoyable all the way aroundSpecial Features:
- BurgerliciousKristinKDined on 10/3/2014Thank you, neighborhood gem, Burger Jones! The diverse appetizer, beer and burger menu were fun, comprehensive and delicious. Really enjoyed your Friday night atmosphere and service. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- first timersdoying5Dined on 9/28/2014I was looking for a place to have dinner with family (and a small child) and a burger joint seemed a good fit. This place was perfect. It had great food for grown ups and kids. They had unique tasty combinations that are sure to please the palette. It was a nice twist on the regular old hamburger. I would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love your outdoor dining patio!KittyplaysdrumsDined on 9/19/2014I love how it is enclosed with greenery and bushes for complete privacy while dining outdoors. The umbrella's worked perfectly too even when it started to rain a little. My 15 year old daughter loves your place and especially your skinny French fries. She keeps asking to go back. Honestly, Burger Jones, has become our new favorite place to dine out at!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCaj89VIPDined on 9/13/2014We've been to Burger Jones many times and have been very satisfied with the food and service. This time: not so much. My husband had a double burger that was very good but the patty melt lacked flavor and it was dry even though I asked for it pink. The fries, as usual, we're wonderful. We felt like we were being rushed so the waiter (Lance) could turn the table. He took my plate and THEN asked if I was finished. It was getting busy but we had barely finished our meal, not our drinks and he brought our check. I am very sensitive to people waiting for their tables but he took my plate before asking if I was finished (there were some fries on it that I was snacking on) and that left a bad taste. We'll be back but ask for another waiter.
- Burger JonesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I thought the food was very good. It was quite noisy and difficult to hear each other speak. The waiter was very good, and right on top of things, but we felt very very rushed.Special Features:
- Great ways to personalized BurgersFoodfanDined on 9/12/2014I had a Bison Junior Jones. Great to get a gourmet smaller portion just the way I want it. Fabulous taste. We also shared the Tri Tower of fries. We wi be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Family NightRoy6Dined on 9/12/2014It was a fun location for our kids to get a great burger, milkshake, and to have fun. Beer list was great and food was even better!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSuperiorShoresDined on 9/11/2014Burger jones is always a repeat restaurant for a few of us gathering as friends. Being on the older side the noise level is a little much but tolerable. It is far better than other restaurants with a Sports Bar theme. I guess the Sports Bar theme is what brings in the money. I tried the specialty Burger, the "Hashtay" and it was the least desirable of all of the burgers I have tried. Surprisingly the server lacked personality. It was similar to being served by a robot who was programmed what to say and to try to be sincere. In all prior visits, the service was near perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It was fine. The noise was a bit much, but there was a very loud group by us. The hamburgers were fine, nothing special. The add-ons are what make it good. The fires were good when hot, but got greasy tasting as they cooled.Special Features:
- Delish ClassicsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014It's a great burger joint. They have the simple classics but some fun creative things as well but they don't lose sight of their mission. Just go and have some drinks and a great, casual meal.Special Features:
- Delicious burgerAnninMNVIPDined on 8/15/2014The patty melt is delicious. It was a nice evening out on the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodNancyetcVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service was nuts. The servers were all running around like crazy but orders were getting mixed up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- our go to placeburgerguyDined on 8/14/2014Great beer list. Outside seating tucked behind the pine trees to separate from parking lot is a great idea to get dining outside in a strip mall. Always our go to place on the weekend being that it is one of few places in the area that takes reservations.Special Features:
- food was good but...jonsfamDined on 8/12/2014The food tasted perfect, but our server we barely ever saw. We did sit outside, but there was other people out there. There was a diff. Server for a diff. Table and we saw him all the time. It took a very long time for our food to and without a server committed to checking on her tables, we are on the fence to go back there......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LilyLilyDined on 8/2/2014Everything was delicious. Great service. I just felt like the bun was too big for the delicious bison burger I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had a GREAT burger meal - once again. The burger is done perfectly and you can order whatever you want on it. Extras we got were onion rings and sweet potatoes fries - we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!CammithaVIPDined on 7/28/2014We go to Burger Jones every few months and its always great. WE of course have our favorites,b ut try to make it a point to try something new every time, except for their horseradish vodka bloody mary's, those are a must EVERY TIME!Special Features:
- The following 411 reviews are from the Burger Jones - Burnsville reviews archive.
- Great food terrible serviceSlowDined on 7/27/2014We went to the restaurant at three pm on a Sunday. There were three other groups in while restaurant. We waited for an hour for out food. They forgot part of my sons order. The food was delicious. We then waited another thirty minutes for our check. Then I had to wait while they took my card to some unknown location to run our bill as a system was upgrading. It's too bad because food was good! Will never go back! Manager was around so she knew we waited a long time and never asked her staff to improve the service!Special Features:
- Burger Jones, Burnsville, MNCButterDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I went to Burger Jone's on a wim... No expectations... And we loved it. My wife actually ate a burger- the whole thing- without me eating half of it. This has only happened once before, and I've known her for three years. Food was phenomenal, I had the Cubano, she had the cheddar filled one on a thin bun, and we shared the maple bacon sweet potato fries. The best sweet potato fries either of us has ever eaten. We loved it... Great experience, fun staff, not too loud, just a great experience. Thank you Burger Jones Burnsville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BJ's did it again-great burger!luv2dineDined on 7/25/2014Had to try the new In-N-Out burger, July's special burger. Everyone raved that it was every bit as good as California's. The Afternoon Delight mini mason jar cocktail was equally great for a hot summer evening. We haven't been to BJ's for awhile. Lots of new faces, but still friendly, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a lot of funSaraDined on 7/14/2014As always, the hangover burger did not disappoint!Special Features:
- What happened?JD2EDined on 7/13/2014The first couple times at Burger Jones the food was pretty solid. This past experience, not so much. I love salt but everyone's food was ridiculously over salted and with all the burger places to pick in town, we are officially done with Burger Jones.Special Features:
- Go for the burgers grab a beerTryitumightlikeit952Dined on 7/13/2014Food as always was top notch. Love the burger of the month. Some months are better than others but you can always order from their menu if it doesn't meet your tastes. Great tap beer selections and becoming a Beer Geek is easy and worth it. A little noisy for larger groups to talk around but if your a group that likes to have a great time than you'll fit right inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014The build your own burger is what keeps me coming back. Few restaurants offer lamb or bison as an option. Yes this does add up but it is worth it. Sweet potato fries are terrific.Special Features:
- Burger jonesDutchmanVIPDined on 6/6/2014Very good food, very good service. A great place for lunch and dinner and late night hungerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and MartinisGrotmonsterDined on 6/3/2014Always good to find a place to get a good burger and a martini. The fries were cold so a little more attention to detail please. It is after all a Parasole Restaurant so I would expect better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Friday night spotJudyHDined on 5/30/2014Really enjoy Burger Jones. We could this place by accident and I am really glad !!! Service was great, the food was great! Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mpmmDined on 5/27/2014Buns fell about. Hamburger was burnt on ends. We've been there many times and the food was great. A after This, not sire we ll be back. The server was great. Drinks were not up to pare either. You seem to be better when your busySpecial Features:
- Always love a late night BJLethaldawnDined on 5/23/2014Burger Jones has never let us down. We are well on our way to becoming Beer Geeks and are always looking for an excuse to head up there. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and the food always hits the spot. This is a place where it's safe to try anything because it's all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2014Waitress needed a GPS to find our table. Restaurant ran out of wine glasses. As glasses came out of the dishwasher, they were brought to us drpiing wet. No point in making a reservation; staff is not smart enough to figure out how to deal with more than 4 at a table. Nefer going back again,
- Favorite "Go-To" Burger Placesweetbeck3Dined on 5/11/2014Burger Jones has easily become one of my favorite go-to places in Burnsville for a casual dinner or even quick drink stop. They've got a great menu of specialty or build-your-own burgers (or hot dogs) as well as some top notch appetizers and sides. My all-time favorite are the cheese curds. They are (in my opinion) BETTER than the MN State Fair ones...and that is saying something! To top all of that off, they have an awesome beer selection. So, all in all, it's a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger Jones - BurnsvilleDutchmanVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food and good service. Sweet potato fries are great and the sport viewing is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.