Burger and Barrel
25 West Houston
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burger and Barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burgerandbarrel.com/
- Phone: 2123347320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday 4pm-11pm; Friday 4pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Burger and Barrel
B&B features a pub-style menu, anchored by burgers and other American food items. The Restaurant has a serious wine by the glass program and offers 4 wines on tap, 2 of which are locally made. B&B is a very neighborhood driven restaurant, moderately priced, and open lunch/dinner - 7 days a week and late hours on weekends. B & B accepts reservations for lunch, dinner reservations are only accepted for groups larger than 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burger and Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (17)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food but too loudAtmosphereloverDined on 9/10/2014Please turn the music down. Love the food. The risotto croquettes we a bit dry but overall it was great and the server was lovely. It is just very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loudAtmosphereloverDined on 8/27/2014Loved the restaurant and the experience. The manager was charming and visited with us for a long time. The server was terrific and was very patiently training someone, but the music was so loud that it will make me wonder about going back. I realize that I'm a bit older than the average patron, but I think everyone wants to be able to talk without feeling they have to yell. Overall great otherwise.Special Features:
- Not as good as normalKezinnycVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been here many times for business lunches and so had chosen this restaurant to take a newly hired colleague for lunch. First, he ordered a kale salad but was brought a salad with regular iceberg lettuce - our server went to find out what had happened and told us the kitchen ran out of kale and she wasn't aware. Why would the kitchen issue an alternative dish without asking if you want it? Then I had ordered the bash burger and my colleague the classic and two classics car out. There was an offer to fix but I am not going to have us eat separately whilst I wait for my food. Server said it was her mistake and offered us free dessert but we didn't have room for that so couldn't take advantage. Just a bit disappointing this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!BecuzImTamikaDined on 8/16/2014Chose this place because i was craving a good Bloody Mary and the BBQ Bacon Bloody definitely didn't dissapoint. One sip and I was in love but that wasn't even the best part. Even though they are most notable for the Bash Burger (which I had), my favorite item of the night was the Rigatoni "Mac" and Cheese. It may be a little offputting with the $14 price tag but definitely worth every single penny! So delicious each person at my table bought another one to go.Special Features:
- Patrick!VisitinNYCVIPDined on 8/15/2014Patrick was our waiter and he went above and beyond to make sure our experience was top notch. If I were a local I would make this a regular spot of mineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & Relaxed?doUluvsteakNseafoodDined on 7/27/2014If you're catching a film at the Angelica, it's perfect (across the street) as to location. But no matter what it has a lot of variety on the menu, and it all comes out looking and tasting much more than decent. The cocktails are great, the wine list is no slouch, and though I've no care for beer I'm sure their selection is favorable to those who prefer beer.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The service was friendly and patient as one in our party was late. The pub style room was pleasant, however the music was very loud such that it was difficult to hear our own conversations. Food was tasty; frittata cooked properly, chicken and waffles well prepared, kale salad fresh, and fruit/yogurt plate balanced. Prices seemed a bit high and I felt the menu was somewhat limited. A perfectly acceptable lunch place, but I'd probably try something else next time I'm in the area.
- Date NightWickedDined on 7/19/2014We had such a good time and a great meal....B&B never lets me down.Special Features:
- A great surprise...NeighborhooddinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was above par...actually, very surprisingly good. We expected a tourist trap, but this place has great food, very fresh, and excellently prepared. The Bison Burger trio was amazing...the meat was tender and melted in your mouth; the prosciutto on the flatbread appetizer was of artisanal quality....however the flatbread was a tiny bit on the dry side. And the service was excellent as well, from our server to the hostess. We've been here numerous times, and based upon our experience tonight, we've made this place one of our favorites. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Never a miss...JoeKnowsFoodDined on 7/18/2014...always a hit! I have dined at B & B for over 2 years now and it has never failed to provide me an excellent dining experience. Whether it is lunch or dinner, the food & drinks are always outstanding. The service and the management also play a major part of making your experience just right. You always receive a warm greeting, the food is always perfect and the drinks seal the deal. I have recommended B & B to businesses, family and friends and many tell me they dined there and continue to come back. That just says it all. The place where first timers always become repeat diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you won't make it in the big appleFirstTimeAnassaVIPDined on 7/13/20141. called twice to get address: hostess gave us the address wrong both times and didn't know the address? 2. every dish we ordered had to be sent back 3. food was mediocre at best 4. waiter was a sweetheart 5. always waiting for forks, knives, fresh napkins and water
- not a good experienceBriantheScotDined on 7/3/2014could not see the food as it was too dark, tasted quite bland. We got seated next to bathrooms so getting my seat bumped all the time.
- Great for sharingHEATHERVIPDined on 6/29/2014Went here for the burgers and it did not disappoint. We also had some small shared plates, which we enjoyed thoroughly and our friends ate from the very generous pre-fix. Absolute musts: Smash burger, fried cornish hen chicken, banana cream pie and the kale caesar salad. Best pickles EVER on our burger and I don't like pickles on my burgers normally! Music was a little loud but we were sitting by the speakers.Special Features:
- Gr8 PlaceGringoDined on 6/27/2014The menu selection is great and quality surpasses that. Peter the host/maître'd is awesome. Next time I'm in NYC I'll be back to B&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!DylSam23Dined on 6/27/2014Went for a birthday dinner and was so happy. The food was amazing, service was great and we loved it!! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So DisappointingEddyRoadVIPDined on 6/22/2014Heard B&B had wonderful burgers. Mine was very disappointing. Got the signature BASH burger. The onion & bacon spread, together with a slather of melted American cheese on a soft bun made the burger a mushy mess----which I wouldn't have minded if it tasted good. I tried the burger without the bun and scraped off all the muck, but the beef alone was unsatisfying. Lacked flavor and was overcooked well beyond the medium-rare I ordered. Came with fries served in a VERY HOT metal cup, but the fries inside the cup were luke warm at best. Tasted as if they'd spent a lot of time under a heat lamp. Appetizerss were very good: chicken lollipops, tuna tartar, iceberg wedge with bleu cheese.
- Loved it!LaIslaSpiceDined on 6/17/2014Went here for dinner with my friend the other night. Great burgers (thanks Yelpers!), ambiance and amazing wine. Our server named Patrick was awesome as well. Love the place. We definitely had a great time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014The lamb burger was outstanding! I am looking forward to the next time I will be there eating a lamb burger!!! the lamb was topped with a taste of feta cheese, a little fried onions and aioli sauce. Sooooo goooood!!! We got there on a very rainy night. We found the first table too drafty and the hostess happily moved us. We came for an early dinner with a teenager. The atmosphere was just right !Special Features:
- Really Good LunchFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Went here for lunch with friends. Fab mac n cheese and lamb burgers. Service was a bit slow so we didn't have time for dessert but at the same time we weren't asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!AmyRUDined on 6/7/2014I've been to B&B several times and truly enjoy the atmosphere, food and wait staff. We visited this weekend with a group of 10 and had exceptional service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger to die forjml05003VIPDined on 6/6/2014The smash burger was absolutely amazing, as was the rigatoni mac and cheese.Special Features:
- NicePaoloDined on 5/23/2014Food was nice although on the pricy side for what it was. Turnaround time between ordering and receiving food was incredible - although a little too fast, making us wonder if if had already been sat under heat lamps prior to us ordering. Other than that we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Good burgers, poor servicekaddDined on 5/22/2014We got bash style burger that were really good but, unfortunately, the service was rather negligent with long waiting times and a messed-up food order. They took the wrong food order off our bill, and everyone seemed nice enough - so maybe they just had a bad day.
- The following 380 reviews are from the Burger and Barrel reviews archive.
- Thumbs upDavorDined on 5/13/2014Incredible food, bar, & knowledgeable yet friendly servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On My Go-To LustFoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Attentive service with great food. With return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HaylzmilDined on 4/24/2014The food was great! The service was fast and even though it was more expensive, it was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014I was visiting from California and was thrilled that my google search for best burgers in soho led me to Burger and Barrel. The burgers were moderate in size and I really liked that. Something tasty, reasonably priced and a sophisticated size. I didn't want something overly large and sloppy!Special Features:
- Great TimeDanielleDined on 4/17/2014I had a great time at dinner on Thursday. I am so glad that I made a reservation in advance. The restaurant was completely packed when I walked in, but I didn't have to wait for my table. Everything my date and I ordered was amazing, specifically the southern fried chicken and the pork ribeye with bok choy. I can't wait to come back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for serviceKalliDined on 4/16/2014Waited for 1 hour before they brought our food. !!
- DeliciousAKKatVIPDined on 4/16/2014This was definitely worth a visit. My husband swears it is one of his favorite steaks in the whole city. He can't stop raving. I enjoyed the veggie burger that I had and the appetizers we split. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Special Hemingway burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014I had the special Hemingway burger being made for a few weeks in April, and it was delicious. They did an excellent job recreating a recipe and creating spices that are no longer produced from scratch. The burger was cooked perfectly so that every bite was oozing with juicy goodness. The service was just as great as the food. I made a reservation for 2, only to find that a 3rd friend was showing up. The restaurant was packed, but the hostess was able to get an extra chair for us. The waiter was attentive: our water glasses were kept full, orders were taken quickly, and the food was served promptly. We also tried the cabernet sauvignon on draft, which was good & reasonably priced. I'll be going back sometime to try their normal menu.Special Features:
- Bash Burger RecommendedbaconjamfanDined on 4/12/2014Excellent bloody mary and bash burger with bacon jam. One of top 5 in the city, same tier as BLT Grill, Five Napkin Burger, Minetta TavernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restarauntcollkDined on 4/9/2014My boyfriend arranged everything including flowers that were at the restaraunt waiting for us when we got there. Great food (get the cheese board!) very attentive staff. We were not rushed. It was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not as good asbitjdellDined on 4/8/2014Good but not as good asbit use to be...burgers keep shrinking in sizeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy but loudDanielDined on 4/4/2014Really good food (we had Burgers, of course), but the recommended wine could have been better (had a californian Zinfandel for >>40 USD). Atmosphere is nice because of very well made low-light ambience, but it's quite noisy (voices and music).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDaisyDined on 4/3/2014We had a great dinner at Burger and Barrel! I had the veggie burger which was very good. My BF had the classic burger had the classic burger which he loved and said that the meat was very well seasoned. The fries were also very good. My only real complaints were the music and service. Our server was "breathing down our necks" for a drink order before our butts even touched the chair but then disappeared for 20 minutes. The place wasn't crowded so I didn't understand her inattentiveness. She recommended a beer that they didn't have and then when we reordered didn't bring our drinks. We couldn't find her at all after we got our food and had to ask someone else for condiments and more drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingphilstillDined on 3/23/2014After theatre find. Selections were varied and appealing. Food served timely and hot temp. Waitress helpful in selections and recommendations. Atmosphere warm personable. Would have stayed longer enjoying the seating but schedule did not permit. Look forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine and good burgersphlaidbackDined on 3/21/2014We tried the bash style burger, and the onion and bacon jam was exellent. I will try to copy this at home! The burgers was a perfect rare as we ordered, and the truffled fries was also wery good. The recommended wine was also very good!Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeNoQualmsDined on 3/19/2014Classy, delicious, affordable...I love B&B. Fish tacos to start were crispy and tasty. One of the best burgers in the city, and a solid beer selection. No complaints, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best NYC burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/16/2014Another vote for the bash burger and I'm not a huge bacon fanatic. Burger is cooked perfectly and even with all of the extravagant toppings, the meat still shines through. Went for brunch on a Sunday and typically the rosemary tots are only on the lunch and dinner menu but the server was kind enough to ask the kitchen to make some for our table which was much appreciated. Get the tots- they are that good. I think this place is overlooked for brunch - they do typical brunch dishes along with their namesake burgers and it's not crowded at all which means no wait and good service. Look forward to coming back when the next burger craving hits.Special Features: