Burger and Barrel
25 West Houston
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burger and Barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burgerandbarrel.com/
- Phone: 2123347320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday 4pm-11pm; Friday 4pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Burger and Barrel
B&B features a pub-style menu, anchored by burgers and other American food items. The Restaurant has a serious wine by the glass program and offers 4 wines on tap, 2 of which are locally made. B&B is a very neighborhood driven restaurant, moderately priced, and open lunch/dinner - 7 days a week and late hours on weekends. B & B accepts reservations for lunch, dinner reservations are only accepted for groups larger than 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burger and Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)hot spot (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Service and food was great!!! You have to get a burger and a shake maybe even their awesome banana cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/201415 minutes before the server came to our table. After she took our order we did not see her for another 15 min. She didn't seem to care even after we complained. At least the burgers were good.Special Features:
- Awesome Burger!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Bacon jam on a burger . . . . . devine! The fries were perfect and two onion rings came along on the plate . . . . it's noisy, big bar crowd but burgers are great, will return.
- slow serviceDavorDined on 9/18/2014The server was really slow, we had to ask for her, the check, etc Not sure if management has changed the past few months, but the service has gone downhill the past 2 times I've visited for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysBC13VIPDined on 9/16/2014Love B&B for a delicious but easy meal. Delicious tuna tartare and chopped salad. Lamb and veggie burgers are my favorites. Great wine list and knowledgeable servers.Special Features:
- Hog111Hog111Dined on 9/14/2014I where there too nights in a row. The burger is super!!!! Vine list very good. The music was much too loud the first night (saturday) - monday much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loudAtmosphereloverDined on 9/10/2014Please turn the music down. Love the food. The risotto croquettes we a bit dry but overall it was great and the server was lovely. It is just very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SOHO swanky burger spot!Lb366VIPDined on 9/3/2014Went here for my dad's birthday and we all loved it! Perfect masculine, dark wood atmosphere and the burgers are heaven. The bison sliders were amazing! The service was great too our waiter was cool and recommended perfect wine accompaniments.Special Features:
- Great food but too loudAtmosphereloverDined on 8/27/2014Loved the restaurant and the experience. The manager was charming and visited with us for a long time. The server was terrific and was very patiently training someone, but the music was so loud that it will make me wonder about going back. I realize that I'm a bit older than the average patron, but I think everyone wants to be able to talk without feeling they have to yell. Overall great otherwise.Special Features:
- Not as good as normalKezinnycVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been here many times for business lunches and so had chosen this restaurant to take a newly hired colleague for lunch. First, he ordered a kale salad but was brought a salad with regular iceberg lettuce - our server went to find out what had happened and told us the kitchen ran out of kale and she wasn't aware. Why would the kitchen issue an alternative dish without asking if you want it? Then I had ordered the bash burger and my colleague the classic and two classics car out. There was an offer to fix but I am not going to have us eat separately whilst I wait for my food. Server said it was her mistake and offered us free dessert but we didn't have room for that so couldn't take advantage. Just a bit disappointing this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!BecuzImTamikaDined on 8/16/2014Chose this place because i was craving a good Bloody Mary and the BBQ Bacon Bloody definitely didn't dissapoint. One sip and I was in love but that wasn't even the best part. Even though they are most notable for the Bash Burger (which I had), my favorite item of the night was the Rigatoni "Mac" and Cheese. It may be a little offputting with the $14 price tag but definitely worth every single penny! So delicious each person at my table bought another one to go.Special Features:
- Patrick!VisitinNYCVIPDined on 8/15/2014Patrick was our waiter and he went above and beyond to make sure our experience was top notch. If I were a local I would make this a regular spot of mineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & Relaxed?doUluvsteakNseafoodDined on 7/27/2014If you're catching a film at the Angelica, it's perfect (across the street) as to location. But no matter what it has a lot of variety on the menu, and it all comes out looking and tasting much more than decent. The cocktails are great, the wine list is no slouch, and though I've no care for beer I'm sure their selection is favorable to those who prefer beer.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The service was friendly and patient as one in our party was late. The pub style room was pleasant, however the music was very loud such that it was difficult to hear our own conversations. Food was tasty; frittata cooked properly, chicken and waffles well prepared, kale salad fresh, and fruit/yogurt plate balanced. Prices seemed a bit high and I felt the menu was somewhat limited. A perfectly acceptable lunch place, but I'd probably try something else next time I'm in the area.
- Date NightWickedDined on 7/19/2014We had such a good time and a great meal....B&B never lets me down.Special Features:
- A great surprise...NeighborhooddinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was above par...actually, very surprisingly good. We expected a tourist trap, but this place has great food, very fresh, and excellently prepared. The Bison Burger trio was amazing...the meat was tender and melted in your mouth; the prosciutto on the flatbread appetizer was of artisanal quality....however the flatbread was a tiny bit on the dry side. And the service was excellent as well, from our server to the hostess. We've been here numerous times, and based upon our experience tonight, we've made this place one of our favorites. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Never a miss...JoeKnowsFoodDined on 7/18/2014...always a hit! I have dined at B & B for over 2 years now and it has never failed to provide me an excellent dining experience. Whether it is lunch or dinner, the food & drinks are always outstanding. The service and the management also play a major part of making your experience just right. You always receive a warm greeting, the food is always perfect and the drinks seal the deal. I have recommended B & B to businesses, family and friends and many tell me they dined there and continue to come back. That just says it all. The place where first timers always become repeat diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you won't make it in the big appleFirstTimeAnassaVIPDined on 7/13/20141. called twice to get address: hostess gave us the address wrong both times and didn't know the address? 2. every dish we ordered had to be sent back 3. food was mediocre at best 4. waiter was a sweetheart 5. always waiting for forks, knives, fresh napkins and water
- not a good experienceBriantheScotDined on 7/3/2014could not see the food as it was too dark, tasted quite bland. We got seated next to bathrooms so getting my seat bumped all the time.
- Great for sharingHEATHERVIPDined on 6/29/2014Went here for the burgers and it did not disappoint. We also had some small shared plates, which we enjoyed thoroughly and our friends ate from the very generous pre-fix. Absolute musts: Smash burger, fried cornish hen chicken, banana cream pie and the kale caesar salad. Best pickles EVER on our burger and I don't like pickles on my burgers normally! Music was a little loud but we were sitting by the speakers.Special Features:
- Gr8 PlaceGringoDined on 6/27/2014The menu selection is great and quality surpasses that. Peter the host/maître'd is awesome. Next time I'm in NYC I'll be back to B&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!DylSam23Dined on 6/27/2014Went for a birthday dinner and was so happy. The food was amazing, service was great and we loved it!! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 389 reviews are from the Burger and Barrel reviews archive.
- So DisappointingEddyRoadVIPDined on 6/22/2014Heard B&B had wonderful burgers. Mine was very disappointing. Got the signature BASH burger. The onion & bacon spread, together with a slather of melted American cheese on a soft bun made the burger a mushy mess----which I wouldn't have minded if it tasted good. I tried the burger without the bun and scraped off all the muck, but the beef alone was unsatisfying. Lacked flavor and was overcooked well beyond the medium-rare I ordered. Came with fries served in a VERY HOT metal cup, but the fries inside the cup were luke warm at best. Tasted as if they'd spent a lot of time under a heat lamp. Appetizerss were very good: chicken lollipops, tuna tartar, iceberg wedge with bleu cheese.
- Great foodRobbyVIPDined on 6/18/2014Good burgers. Chicken lollipops are perhaps my favorite thing ever. Other food is also top notch--very very very good spotSpecial Features:
- Loved it!LaIslaSpiceDined on 6/17/2014Went here for dinner with my friend the other night. Great burgers (thanks Yelpers!), ambiance and amazing wine. Our server named Patrick was awesome as well. Love the place. We definitely had a great time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014The lamb burger was outstanding! I am looking forward to the next time I will be there eating a lamb burger!!! the lamb was topped with a taste of feta cheese, a little fried onions and aioli sauce. Sooooo goooood!!! We got there on a very rainy night. We found the first table too drafty and the hostess happily moved us. We came for an early dinner with a teenager. The atmosphere was just right !Special Features:
- Really Good LunchFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Went here for lunch with friends. Fab mac n cheese and lamb burgers. Service was a bit slow so we didn't have time for dessert but at the same time we weren't asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!AmyRUDined on 6/7/2014I've been to B&B several times and truly enjoy the atmosphere, food and wait staff. We visited this weekend with a group of 10 and had exceptional service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger to die forjml05003VIPDined on 6/6/2014The smash burger was absolutely amazing, as was the rigatoni mac and cheese.Special Features:
- NicePaoloDined on 5/23/2014Food was nice although on the pricy side for what it was. Turnaround time between ordering and receiving food was incredible - although a little too fast, making us wonder if if had already been sat under heat lamps prior to us ordering. Other than that we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Good burgers, poor servicekaddDined on 5/22/2014We got bash style burger that were really good but, unfortunately, the service was rather negligent with long waiting times and a messed-up food order. They took the wrong food order off our bill, and everyone seemed nice enough - so maybe they just had a bad day.
- Thumbs upDavorDined on 5/13/2014Incredible food, bar, & knowledgeable yet friendly servers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On My Go-To LustFoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Attentive service with great food. With return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!HaylzmilDined on 4/24/2014The food was great! The service was fast and even though it was more expensive, it was definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014I was visiting from California and was thrilled that my google search for best burgers in soho led me to Burger and Barrel. The burgers were moderate in size and I really liked that. Something tasty, reasonably priced and a sophisticated size. I didn't want something overly large and sloppy!Special Features:
- Great TimeDanielleDined on 4/17/2014I had a great time at dinner on Thursday. I am so glad that I made a reservation in advance. The restaurant was completely packed when I walked in, but I didn't have to wait for my table. Everything my date and I ordered was amazing, specifically the southern fried chicken and the pork ribeye with bok choy. I can't wait to come back and try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for serviceKalliDined on 4/16/2014Waited for 1 hour before they brought our food. !!
- DeliciousAKKatVIPDined on 4/16/2014This was definitely worth a visit. My husband swears it is one of his favorite steaks in the whole city. He can't stop raving. I enjoyed the veggie burger that I had and the appetizers we split. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Special Hemingway burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014I had the special Hemingway burger being made for a few weeks in April, and it was delicious. They did an excellent job recreating a recipe and creating spices that are no longer produced from scratch. The burger was cooked perfectly so that every bite was oozing with juicy goodness. The service was just as great as the food. I made a reservation for 2, only to find that a 3rd friend was showing up. The restaurant was packed, but the hostess was able to get an extra chair for us. The waiter was attentive: our water glasses were kept full, orders were taken quickly, and the food was served promptly. We also tried the cabernet sauvignon on draft, which was good & reasonably priced. I'll be going back sometime to try their normal menu.Special Features:
- Bash Burger RecommendedbaconjamfanDined on 4/12/2014Excellent bloody mary and bash burger with bacon jam. One of top 5 in the city, same tier as BLT Grill, Five Napkin Burger, Minetta TavernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.