3518 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montreal, QC H2X 2T6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.buonanotte.com/
- Phone: 5148480644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:45am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: José Vidaurre and Fabrizio Caprioli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: New to Buonanotte Family, we now offer catering at home, office or any special menus that will meet your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Buonanotte offers wireless Internet communication, microphone and giant screen.
- Private Party Contact: Laurence Montplaisir 5148480644
- Entertainment: Buonanotte offers live DJs from Monday to Saturday : calm and jazz music for week days and R&B and house music.
A word from Buonanotte
Born out of the simple notion that food and entertainment can go hand in hand, Ristorante Buonanotte has continued to fulfill its duty as Montreal's "beacon of nightlife", while still being able to maintain its devotion to culinary excellence in Italian cuisine. Buonanotte is the place for those wishing to experience the charm, style, flair and grace the city has to offer on its most vibrant and cosmopolitan boulevard. Located in proximity to the premier galleries, museums, boutiques and hotels, Buonanotte satisfies every visitor's senses and cravings since 1991.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Buonanotte - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Buonanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (19)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- absolutelyfancyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Went on a recommendation of a friend and wasn't disappointed. The tartar of filet mignon with hazelnuts and the prosciutto platter were delicious. Unfortunately the restaurant was out of many menu items that we were interested in but I suppose that a sign of a popular restaurant. The desert and coffee was equally notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineMGDined on 8/17/2014Very diverse menu that satisfied several age groups and tastes.Special Features:
- Kaner76Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went there for our wedding anniversary we did not realize on Friday and Saturday night it's a club scene the food was fair ,but the service was great and the staff were very friendly it also was very loud . Great for young singles !!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014one of my favorite restaurants not perfect but pretty consistentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as usualAgent86Dined on 7/31/2014Food, staff, ambiance excellent as always. If anything the music could be a bit lower. I always tell my friends to go when in Montreal.Special Features:
- Amazing!GinaDined on 7/26/2014From the time we walked in to the time we left my group had a great experience! The atmosphere was very energetic and the staff was not only professional and attractive, but extremely friendly, especially considering we were an English speaking group- No language barrier problems!! The pace was a bit slow -but we didnt mind! So if you're in a rush I wouldnt recommend dining here. Enjoy the atmosphere, food and the company while you are there! As for the menu - not really a menu for plain/picky eaters - but I personally enjoyed the selection and the quality. Go and have fun!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Overall, this is a great restaurant with a very good service. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!!!!DJStardomDined on 7/19/2014Good food, great atmosphere and amazing ambience. Never a disappointment every time we visit from Toronto. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out in MontrealLovemycityDined on 7/12/2014My girlfriend and I went to Montreal for a girl's weekend. Buonanotte was highly recommended. We sat outside and the service and food were outstanding. Special thanks to Camille who went above and beyond to ensure we had a great night out.Special Features:
- Imitation Italian, loud and slowbingolongDined on 7/8/2014Overall: disappointing after reading all the good reviews. Maybe we caught a bad night. It's kind of odd to complain about the unbelievably slow and erratic service at Buonanotte since when the food finally came we wished they had taken a while longer to prepare it properly. This place is long on atmosphere--a very loud room and very attractive long-legged wait staff--but short on cuisine. The food is unimaginative and prepared as if by rote. This is someone's "idea" of Italian food. But not really Italian food. More like what you'd want airline food to be. Then it would be passable.
- Cwolf81Dined on 6/21/2014I've not previously rated an OT restaurant with good food and service at 2 stars overall, but the whole non-dining experience of dealing with this place left a bad taste. 4 hours before my reservation they call informing me that I only had the table for 2 hours and wouldn't I rather sit on the sidewalk. No. Arriving at the restaurant 10 minutes early, I checked in by name--again refused sidewalk seating--and had a good meal with good service. Afterwards, I looked at my phone and saw the restaurant had called me twice during my >$200 meal. Stopping at the hostess stand on my way out I asked why she had called and the same woman who had seated me said, "You never showed up for your reservation." Then the OT email saying I failed to show up...Special Features:
- WowAncasterDined on 6/14/2014Amazing place, great food, great service, waitresses are beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceMarioDined on 6/10/2014Well known for the visual appeal of their attendants, one should note they also provide a friendly and professional service. A great mixture of "bon pour les yeux et l'estomac".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Excellent service and great food. it is a recommended stop for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationJerseyGirlinMontrealDined on 5/30/2014I really loved the service, food and ambiance at this restaurant; the wait staff was very attentive. Our waitress didn't miss a beat, my wine glass was always full. But, it was disappointing, we felt a lil rushed...did not give us a chance to order dessert! We were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, which I indicated in the reservation, so that made more disappointing. Besides this little oversight, great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 5/28/2014Excellent service...delicious food...your manager Vinny chose the wine for us great choice....... will be returning for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Buonanotte reviews archive.
- FavouriteKkashDined on 5/9/2014Favourite restaurant right now. I only started going there because my friends started working there and it's my favourite place, whenever a friend visits buona is the first restaurant I take them to. Amazing food, filet mignon, pasta, shrimps and carpaccio are my favourite as well as the Nutella doughnuts for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Awful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was absolutely amazing but our waitress was extremely rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem for tummy and eyesjkmanosqueDined on 4/18/2014the food, ambiance and service was great. enjoyed a couple of pasta dishes - pasta was fresh, gnocchi light and the sauces on both tasted fresh and simple. the ambiance was a bit of a throw back but cool - i expected john travolta to walk out at any time. the servers - omg - they were beautiful, sexy and very friendly; if i wasn't in my 50s i would have started a weight routine the next day to buff myself up for the next visit. great fun, excellent food and a joy for the eyes - what more could you ask of a restaurant. well done!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome V-day at Buonanotte!ottawacoupleDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I came from Ottawa to MTL for Valentine's Day and boy were we happy we decided to go to Buonanotte. The entire experience was perfect. Although we've come to expect two seatings on valentine's day, meaning the first get hurried out, this was not the case here. We were able to relax, take in the atmosphere, enjoy the awesome appetizers and savour our wine slowly. Our meals were great too -- my seafood risotto was AMAZING! Great job Buonanotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the ambience andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014Although the ambience and the service was good, the food was not good and way too pricey for what it was.Special Features:
- Love it here!Dee2014Dined on 12/30/2013Great service! Love their pizza! Super friendly staff! Will be back when I visit Montreal again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a bar not a restaurantFairsariVIPDined on 10/21/2013Small menu, big cocktail and wine menu and food was mediocre at best. Popular with men as the waitresses are all blonde and buxom and it caters to the nigh crowd so perhaps they should just serve pizza as even their basic pasta dish was not very good. Fish portion was small and oily and particularly tasty. Do not recommend it for anyone who likes good food.Special Features:
- Awful service - overbilledReviewerVIPDined on 9/27/2013Our waitress first tried to get us to overspend by taking away the menus and saying "let me just order for you". Thankfully, we said "no thank you" and ordered from the menu. As soon as double of everything we ordered started appearing at the table, we stopped the servers and said we only ordered one of each appetizer to which the waitress returned to the table to say "oh it's just one order, I split it into two plates to let you share." Needless to say we were billed 2x for every appetizer. When I complained about the bill, she said "one of each of those appetizers wouldn't have been enough for you." ~$100 overcharged and totally ripped off. Do not go here. The food is lacking in taste and the staff is terrible.
- DisappointingWeekenderDined on 9/21/2013Based on many positive reviews for this restaurant we decided to try this restaurant for our girls weekend in Montreal. Our reservation was for 7:30. We ordered food and drinks, once our meal had finished our waitress promptly gave us our bills. No problem, we paid and continued to finish our drinks. The next thing we know our waitress is kicking us out because "the next reservation is here" and proceed to literally remove everything from the table while we were sitting there. There was no mention beforehand that we had a limit seating time or a warning 30 minutes before we had to leave. The waitress came up and actually kicked us out while we still had glasses of wine left. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$SariahDined on 9/1/2013All in all the experience was maybe a 5 out of 10. The service was not great. Our waitress was very rude. Brought us the wrong appetizer and tried to convince us it's what we ordered. Fought us on the fact that she was right, not us. The entrees were not great. They we over prices and very small portions. It was hard to even flag her down to get more rounds of drinks. There were only two of us. The waitress quickly changed her tone when we started ordering expensive bottles of champagne. Being from Toronto the Buonanotte here was much better. I expected to have the same experience. Montreal has many many more fabulous restaurants to choose from, I wouldn't waste your time or money going hereSpecial Features:
- The food was good, the serviceBringontheguestsDined on 7/20/2013The food was good, the service was not so great. I was a little disappointed in the service we got, we had to remind them a few times to bring drinks and water. Our table was too small and made the experience seem very cramped and rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was awfulAnnieVIPDined on 7/6/2013I don't know if the waitress was new, but everything went wrong, from the beginning to the end!
- For a second visit, me andGuigui75Dined on 6/28/2013For a second visit, me and my girlfriend had a very good experience in this restaurant, more than the first one last year ! Food, drinks and desserts were very good and a special mention for the service !Special Features:
- Snobby and pretentiouspowerbogVIPDined on 6/15/2013Dinner started off great, food and service was good. However because we booked the first sitting, we had to leave and come back when the restaurant turned into a club. So they added our names to the reservation list for bottle service. At 11:30, we were told that dinner service was running late and to come back at 12:15. At 12:15, there was a massive crowd outside the restaurant and the bouncer said he will check on our table. 45 minutes later, we were told that we wouldn't be getting a table and we won't be getting in. On top of this, I was charged twice for the same meal on my credit card and my friend was overcharged...In sum, poorly organized. Go to the Globe which is just across the street, I had a much better experience there.
- Enjoyable lunchMicoLolaDined on 5/7/2013Delisciously good and authentic Italian fare, good service + ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This place was absolutely amazing! The only thing our group did not like was the fact that you HAD to buy bottles in order to keep your table; otherwise, you stand. Very very packed place also. Went to the bar to grab regular drinks and stood there for twenty minutes with no service.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013I made a reservation for 2 one week in advance, which was confirmed by the restaurant by phone on the day. However, when my guest and I arrived, there was a mixup and we were told that a mistake had been made because the restaurant was FULL of 100 clients for a private event. I insisted on waiting for our table, and we were graciously given 2 complementary glasses of champagne + a nice private table on the other side within 10 minutes. Our waiter was a true foodie and very knowledgeable and wonderful to us. In the end, we had a very enjoyable evening, delicious food, and excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Service was disorganized andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Service was disorganized and waitstaff was a bit snobby.
- Good place, but serving is terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I went with a group of 6 girls and when we got there we were quite satisfied with the place! The server offered us some shots in the beginning because it was one of our birthdays so they did it on the house! After that, we ordered our good, she brought it and never again showed up! The waitresses here are extremely good looking so they are very concerned with getting tips from a table full of men! The tables beside us and in front of us were groups of men.. She would be back every 5 minutes to ask them if everything was okay while rubbing down one if their backs! I would raise my hand and nothing! Excellent place but I will never go back simply because of the service! Which is TERRIBLESpecial Features:
- Although the food is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Although the food is very good, the interior is overdue for renovations.Special Features:
- This place was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/9/2013This place was recommended as one of Montreal's legendary hot spots. The bachelor party tables outnumbered the bachelorette party tables 3-1. Out of curiousity, we stayed to see the transformation from restaurant to nightclub. The dj was great and the drinks were good, but this club crowd was not my scene.Special Features:
- Fun time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We had a great time! Our reservation was at 7:45 (early) and the place was very quiet, the game on the TVs.....quite the different ambiance than what we were expecting. Our wait staff was fantastic. I simply cannot say enough good things about them. As the evening progressed, the music got more intense, and then atmosphere went to supper club and then dance bar. By midnight, the tables were over to the side, and it was total club scene. For us, it's not an every day restaurant, but we'd go back in a heart beat for a special occasion dinner and night out.Special Features:
- Didn't enjoy my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013Didn't enjoy my experience at Buonanotte with a group of my girlfriends. Menu did not present the food as actually appeared. Service was slow but the waitress was nice. Music was only good during the dinner part of the evening because during the club portion was very outdated and made me feel as though i was back in highschool. Would not recommenf to a group of 25 yr old girls!
- My friends and I came to MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013My friends and I came to Montreal during the Family day weekend. A friend suggested we go to Buonanotte. The service was amazing. The staff and servers were very customer service focused. The food was amazing as well. I can't say that I have received this type of service in Toronto. Great place to visit with a group for dinner and if you decide to stick around it has a more lounge vibe. No cover, no cost for coat check, just impeccable service.Special Features: