19 Mercer St.
Toronto, ON M5V 1H2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buonanottetoronto.com/
- Phone: (416) 599-7246
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Davide Iannaci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From a take home meal for one, to a working team lunch, to a catered white linen affair, we offer you good food, plain and simple. Behind every Buonanotte Catering event is a team of creative, dedicated and highly trained professionals. The success that makes us, “us” is derived from balancing tradition and innovation
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties are welcome and we are pleased to customize menus to suit any occasion. Buonanotte has a variety of rustic, crowd pleasing dishes for you to choose from. Make your meal as complex or as simple as you wish; whatever reflects your group’s style and taste. We can accommodate your intimate dinner for 10 or a formal sit down dinner for 200, a cocktail reception for 50, or a large party of 375. We will work hand in hand with you planning your special occasion so that you can sit back and relax as we take care of all the details!
- Private Party Contact: Elinor Hazan 416-599-7246x
- Entertainment: Live DJ's Friday and Saturday
A word from Buonanotte
Buonanotte Toronto carries on a Montreal legacy born of the simple notion that food and entertainment can go hand in hand. Buonanotte continues to fulfill its duty as a "beacon of nightlife", while still maintaining its devotion to culinary excellence in Italian cuisine. Buonanotte is the place for those wishing to experience the charm, style, flair and grace of Toronto with unique cultural influences from Montreal. Located in close proximity to the TIFF Festival Tower, Rogers Centre, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, CBC, Princess of Wales Theatre, Roy Thomson Hall as well as numerous premier boutiques and hotels, Buonanotte satisfies every visitor"s senses and cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Buonanotte - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Buonanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)fit for foodies (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (13)special occasion (11)romantic (8)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- I would dine again.HappyenoughDined on 11/22/2014Although this is not a reasonably priced restaurant for the serving portions and quality of some menu items, it has a fantastic atmosphere and great staff which compensates overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a little pricey for the atmospheremom59Dined on 11/22/2014We were celbrating an anniversary with another couple. The atmosphere was open and brght and half empty at 7 pm. It filled up quickly and was packed with a young crowd and club music by the time we finished dinner at 9. The sesrver was very pleasant but we felt like we were being rushed through the dinner. The wine list was an extensive list of Italian wines ranging from $60 but most over $100 to over $600. We shared a pizza as a appetizer, it was fantastic. Entres were enjoyed by all of us (sea bass, risotto were especially remarkable). Although the food was great the wine was overpriced., I woiuldn't go back.for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Left my mouth watering!sherambleDined on 11/22/2014From the moment we were seated our waitress, the manager and the somalia were attentive and had just the right advice for us as they assisted us in wine selection, choices for splitting with our party and the type and taste of food we desired that night. The bread was so delicious made in house served with a wonderful olive oil that had a buttery finish and no bitter after taste. My fish dish was served perfectly and had just the right amount of sides with it to finish the meal without being overly filling. The pizza's they recommended made in house in their wood oven had unique flavors interesting toppings and served with a spicy olive oil made in house. All in all a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spottunesDined on 11/19/2014Service was good and food was was good. We enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business and Pleasure - a real find2CanoesDined on 11/17/2014We took our speakers to Buonanotte for dinner and it was the perfect ambiance. Restaurant was tucked away off the main roads therefore it was quite and calm for downtown Toronto. The service was top notch. I always appreciate a restaurant who used a separate wine service table, resets after the starter and changes wine glasses with the wine choice. Great dining experience and would certainly recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianTimdVIPDined on 11/8/2014Buonanotte was an excellent dining experience. The menu is innovative and interesting, with many great choices. The starter salads are very large; one salad could have done the two of us. My wife had the ravioli as a main, which was small, but, with the starter salad was fine. I had a pizza which was quite large. Our service was excellent. My only complaint is that the wine is rather overpriced.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014First time at Buonanotte,very impressed as I walked in.Classy great food but as the night went on I did not like how the crowed started to change into a getto night club feel.Lots of guys wearing runners and run down clothing.The women were dress appropriate and elegent.In my opinion there should be a dress code in effect specially for the men.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementNYSueDined on 11/7/2014Have dined here a dozen or so times. Love the food, atmosphere, and for the most part service is good. However management should consider adding a touch more class to their customer appreciation. My fellow diners and I are health-concious and have sensitivities to preservatives such as sulphites (in wine), and the GM was far less than accommodating than I would expect for a restaurant of this caliber. The sommelier had searched extensively for a wine on their list that was sulphite-free and I would have expected the GM to express a desire to be more accommodating (especially since I called in advance of dining). This kind of service level is important, hence, after this experience they just lost me as a regular diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wines; superb ingredientsLiketoeatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Very few restaurants take the simple approach of buying the highest quality ingredients and allowing the food to speak for itself; Buonanotte does. If you like wine, take a few minutes to consult with the sommelier. All he needed was some guidelines on wines I knew and liked on his list, and he was able to come up with some great suggestions. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- FrankDined on 11/1/2014The attentive service made us feel special. The cocktails were great. The branzino was done to perfection and the wine list allowed us to have a great discussion with Thomas the somelier. Great evening overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and worth a second visitHMGreenDined on 10/21/2014A nice trendy and upscale dining environment. Perfect for dinner before hitting the Princess of Wales or Royal Alex theatres. A simple menu with a variety of choices at reasonable prices. It was a little noisy inside and that made quiet conversation difficult, but not impossible. I was promptly seated and served. Food was delicious and well presented with ample portions and reasonable prices. An interesting observation however..the female wait staff are very nicely dressed and look elegant in their "little black dresses" and the male staff looked a little sloppy in their jeans and sneakers. Polar opposites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!JDFOODIESDined on 10/18/2014We were so happy to discover this restaurant so close to the entertainment district. We have a subscription to the Royal Alex and therefore come to Toronto quite often always looking for something within walking distance to the theatres. Because it's not on King we were not aware of it however I was happy to find it on line. The menu selection was great and the wait staff were very attentive. My husband and I loved everything we ordered. We were there at 6:00 and it was becoming quite busy by the time we left. I'm not sure I would recommend it for a romantic dinner as it doesn't have a feeling of intimacy but that is a personal thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINING EXPERIENCE - PRICEYItalianObserver1Dined on 10/18/2014VERY EXPENSIVE FOR LITTLE FOOD. THE FOOD IS OF WONDERFUL QUALITY BUT A HANDFUL OF RAVIOLI DOESNT EXCITE.
- WOW! Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I took friends who were visiting from the US to Buonanotte on their first night in town. Their response? THEY LOVED IT and were very impressed! The wine suggestions were spot on; salads large and flavorable; we each had a different pasta dish and absolutely love love loved them! Nothing left on the plates. Definitely recommend for delicious Italian food. My only complaint about the experience: the music was a bit loud as the speaker was directly over our table. It made dinner conversation a tad difficult especially since the tables are wide.Special Features:
- Better choices in downtown TorontoOakvilleFoodieWannabeVIPDined on 10/16/2014I'm eat out a lot in the downtown core and looked forward to this restaurant. Modern chic decor, trendy and atmosphere was open concept however it seemed that the place was trying too hard to be a 'wannabe' place rather than focusing on great food and service. My truffle risotto didn't taste anything like truffle - it was like plain cheesy asparagus rice, gnocchi was like store made. I was disappointed. They ran out of one of the Chardonnay only kind available from limited wine list so they offered me a red instead (?!). Better options in Toronto for same price and way better food - try Nota Bene or Buca.Special Features:
- Good but not great valuePaminaDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant was very trendy, very noisy as there were three large groups celebrating. The food was good but very expensive for what you got. Wanted to try the duck fat fries and they were not available on Saturday night which seemed weird since it's the big night for dining. It was good but not good enough to return.Special Features:
- Not MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014With so many great restaurants in the city, you'd expect one with hype to live up to the expectation. Service was slow, pasta was cold, and they even changed the type of pasta (ie cassarece to orrechiette) without advising. The Manager did comp the dish, but I'd rather a good meal than a free meal. Music was loud for dinner. I would have liked to have stayed for the rest of the evening, but the rest of the girls wanted to leave.
- Liked pizzaLucyDined on 9/6/2014No one was there at 5:00 Saturday during tiff. This was a good place to actually eat and catch up with friends in between films. Location perfect. Liked the quiet at that point because other places are too busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always such an amazing experience!WesSusanDined on 8/29/2014Chef Davide is nothing short of brilliant & exceptional. The menu having modern, artistic & heavenly masterpieces that are unique and not seen in other upscale restaurants. This gem has impeccable service, a wonderful view & a vibe that makes you feel special and tells you, you are about to go on a culinary adventure. This restaurant should be on the list of the top places to go for spoiling your palette, class & exquisite service. Thank you for coming to Toronto Buononotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service, pretty good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014When a large group was sat next to us, the server offered to move my friend and I to a less noisy part of the restaurant, which I thought was worthy of mention. Food quite good but wine list pricey -- very few wines under $80.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Buonanotte reviews archive.
- leeleeDined on 7/17/2014Great food, great wine list, EXCELLENT service. Restaurant is very spacious and modern. Food portions are quite big, specially the starters - two people can share. Main course portion is just right. I had the TAGLIATELLE CON FUNGHI SELVAGGI. Full of flavour! Coffee is a bit weak specially for an Itlaina restaurant. I ordered the Americano. I highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Highly impressed!Tess1681Dined on 7/14/2014I took two girlfriends from Paris to celebrate Bastille Day at Buonanotte. I didnt know whatvti expect and a bit ambivalent as i have not been here before. We were overall impressed! Great food, impeccable service, amaZing wine list and ambience was fantastic! Oh, the pizza. The best we've tasted so far! We will go back definitely! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and late-night atmosphereaexlDined on 7/12/2014Eating dinner early here can mean the place to yourself - it really livens up later in the evening (and turns into more of a bar than a restaurant). Many large functions here. The food itself was very good traditional Italian. Quiet early in the evening, loud at night.Special Features:
- Nice time.....butDinamicvDined on 6/21/2014Overall a nice experience. If I had to comment, it would have to be the price of the wine and mix drinks. I could not justify paying $13 for a small 5 ounce glass of wine, for a bottle that I can purchase in the LCBO for $12. Menu was over complicated, the grilled calamari was the smallest portion on the plate and it was supposedly to be the main item. I wanted to take my wife to a nice place downtown as a night out on the town, but I don't think I need to be taken advantage of because it's a downtown Toronto restaurant. Don't think I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014the family style platters are a great change for bussiness lunches and the service is very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, our waitressGELAT0VIPDined on 6/11/2014Delicious Italian food, and our waitress was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Night Out!EuroqueenDined on 6/7/2014My sister & I celebrated our birthday @Buonanotte! It was great! Food was delicious. A bit pricey, but that's dining in the entertainment district. Made reservations for 8:30 &had a group of 8, which they accommodated. The place was classy. I had the veal which was delicious. I did get a few complaints from some guests that their meals were small, they ordered pastas. The pizzas were good and big. I had one of their signature drinks, $14 and delicious. They opened up the dance floor by removing some tables and adding bottle service. The music was very lively, played a mix of Top 40, Hip hop, House and old school hip hop. I had a great time and would definitely go back! They do not offer separate bills, this was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 5/20/2014Buonanotte, is a very cool restaurant. The waitresses are easy on the eyes and are always smiling. all the apps looked really good. in fact I had trouble deciding which one to try. I went with the scallops and they were delicious. I did not have a pizza but they looked really good and will definitely try one when I go back. My pasta was okay, nothing spectacular. Looking forward to going back, our waitress said Fridays are the best nights.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindAnneVIPDined on 5/12/2014This was a fabulous restaurant for dinner before TIFF. A little pricey but it's very well situated, close to Roy Thompson and Royal Alex. I love seafood and the sea bass was perfect as was the broccolini side. My friend had the veal chop, so generous she took half home. Our server was neither pushy or snobby, (neither of us drank wine) friendly and quick to respond. We went for an early dinner so it was wonderfully quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but you pay for it, too!TentativeDinerDined on 5/6/2014It's not a restaurant you'd find without looking, tucked into a side street that would be passed by unless you had a reason to be there. The food and service were quite good, though, and as long as your credit card has a good limit, you'll find things to enjoy about the dining experience. I found the menu to be somewhat limited, but a focused menu is not a bad thing in my view. We enjoyed our selections, prepared and presented well. The wine list is indeed extensive, but I think it is inappropriately expensive. The majority of the wine list were for bottles in excess of $100.00, not a price that seems reasonable for a place that is essentially selling pizza and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014We were impressed when we arrived...nice atmosphere. Martini's were small and a little watery. The service was poor. Our waitress was very offhand and not well trained. She looked good but we need more than that. We were never offered bread and later when we noticed others had it we mentioned it to here and she just looked at us. We would not go back.Special Features:
- retroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2014The glitzy decor and retro thumping electronica music were sad to see because the food and service were excellent.
- Poor, noisy, expensiveMaryteDined on 4/30/2014We went after the concert for a late diner. The place looks like a night club with "Playboy like" waiters and waitresses. Poor service and the food was poor too. Very noisy.
- Just like MontrealThatguyoverthereDined on 4/26/2014I've loved Buonanotte in Montreal for years and didn't realized they'd opened a Toronto location. Checked it out and it's just as great, the wine was spectacular, the food amazing. And of course there's the serving staff… great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Night Out!TorontoDined on 4/24/2014My only concern was that we had made reservations for 5 people and the hostess brought us to a table of 4, and said we can add a seat! Their were plenty of tables around empty and could of seated more than 4 people. This is the start of my night and my girlfriend wasn't so pleased about this. You see it's the little things in life that make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceKsposhDined on 4/19/2014Came here for a girls night out on a Friday. Made the reservation 2 weeks prior and were reassured the only available time for a reservation is 6:30pm. When we arrived the restaurant was empty, we were the only 5 people there. At 8:30 pm they brought us the bill and advised we need to leave the table even tough we didnt finish eating or drinking. Very rude snobs. We spent a lot of money and were treated terribly. Bartenders were extremelly rude!! Not returning ever again.
- Feeling ripped offMarlyDined on 4/19/2014Waitress recommended this one specific appetizer which she said was so good. Never expected a piece if cheese to cost 54 dollars. Sad part is wine bottle cost 55 main entrees cost 40 dollars in total. Shocked to see the bill with an appetizer that cost 54 dollars. She should maybe have mentioned it would cost more than both our dinners. Pizza was very bland considering there was only eight people I the restaurant. Could have put more effort in the taste and presentation. Will never return.
- Good Times and Great ServiceBong2VIPDined on 4/15/2014Our servers were attentive and phenomenal with their food and wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2014Had to wait quite a while upon arrival for anyone to pay attention to me although several employees looked my way. The salad was good but the meatballs were lukewarm and undercooked. Had to wait a while to have them reheated.
- Good except for the $120 22oz steakeat2thebeatDined on 4/3/2014I had a good meal there on a fun night out with a colleague and a client. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and the buzz about the place was good. The only issue I have is with the pricing on the 22 oz tenderloin (this included the bone) which was on my bill at $120. I asked our waiter to provide a selection of appetizers and mains for my table to share. I don't recall him indicating the steak was $120 but maybe I wasn't paying attention. Maybe my bad but I would say that though it was a good chunk of meat, it was hardly worth that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.