19 Mercer St.
Toronto, ON M5V 1H2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buonanottetoronto.com/
- Phone: 4165997246x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner:Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Davide Iannaci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From a take home meal for one, to a working team lunch, to a catered white linen affair, we offer you good food, plain and simple. Behind every Buonanotte Catering event is a team of creative, dedicated and highly trained professionals. The success that makes us, “us” is derived from balancing tradition and innovation
- Private Party Facilities: Large parties are welcome and we are pleased to customize menus to suit any occasion. Buonanotte has a variety of rustic, crowd pleasing dishes for you to choose from. Make your meal as complex or as simple as you wish; whatever reflects your group’s style and taste. We can accommodate your intimate dinner for 10 or a formal sit down dinner for 200, a cocktail reception for 50, or a large party of 375. We will work hand in hand with you planning your special occasion so that you can sit back and relax as we take care of all the details!
- Private Party Contact: Elinor Hazan 416-599-7246x
- Entertainment: Live DJ's Wednesday through Saturday.
A word from Buonanotte
Buonanotte Toronto carries on a Montreal legacy born of the simple notion that food and entertainment can go hand in hand. Buonanotte continues to fulfill its duty as a "beacon of nightlife", while still maintaining its devotion to culinary excellence in Italian cuisine. Buonanotte is the place for those wishing to experience the charm, style, flair and grace of Toronto with unique cultural influences from Montreal. Located in close proximity to the TIFF Festival Tower, Rogers Centre, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, CBC, Princess of Wales Theatre, Roy Thomson Hall as well as numerous premier boutiques and hotels, Buonanotte satisfies every visitor"s senses and cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Buonanotte - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Buonanotte reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)fit for foodies (12)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Attentive service, pretty good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014When a large group was sat next to us, the server offered to move my friend and I to a less noisy part of the restaurant, which I thought was worthy of mention. Food quite good but wine list pricey -- very few wines under $80.Special Features:
- leeleeDined on 7/17/2014Great food, great wine list, EXCELLENT service. Restaurant is very spacious and modern. Food portions are quite big, specially the starters - two people can share. Main course portion is just right. I had the TAGLIATELLE CON FUNGHI SELVAGGI. Full of flavour! Coffee is a bit weak specially for an Itlaina restaurant. I ordered the Americano. I highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Highly impressed!Tess1681Dined on 7/14/2014I took two girlfriends from Paris to celebrate Bastille Day at Buonanotte. I didnt know whatvti expect and a bit ambivalent as i have not been here before. We were overall impressed! Great food, impeccable service, amaZing wine list and ambience was fantastic! Oh, the pizza. The best we've tasted so far! We will go back definitely! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and late-night atmosphereaexlDined on 7/12/2014Eating dinner early here can mean the place to yourself - it really livens up later in the evening (and turns into more of a bar than a restaurant). Many large functions here. The food itself was very good traditional Italian. Quiet early in the evening, loud at night.Special Features:
- Nice time.....butDinamicvDined on 6/21/2014Overall a nice experience. If I had to comment, it would have to be the price of the wine and mix drinks. I could not justify paying $13 for a small 5 ounce glass of wine, for a bottle that I can purchase in the LCBO for $12. Menu was over complicated, the grilled calamari was the smallest portion on the plate and it was supposedly to be the main item. I wanted to take my wife to a nice place downtown as a night out on the town, but I don't think I need to be taken advantage of because it's a downtown Toronto restaurant. Don't think I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014the family style platters are a great change for bussiness lunches and the service is very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Awesome food, our waitressGELAT0VIPDined on 6/11/2014Delicious Italian food, and our waitress was awesome!Special Features:
- Great Night Out!EuroqueenDined on 6/7/2014My sister & I celebrated our birthday @Buonanotte! It was great! Food was delicious. A bit pricey, but that's dining in the entertainment district. Made reservations for 8:30 &had a group of 8, which they accommodated. The place was classy. I had the veal which was delicious. I did get a few complaints from some guests that their meals were small, they ordered pastas. The pizzas were good and big. I had one of their signature drinks, $14 and delicious. They opened up the dance floor by removing some tables and adding bottle service. The music was very lively, played a mix of Top 40, Hip hop, House and old school hip hop. I had a great time and would definitely go back! They do not offer separate bills, this was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 5/20/2014Buonanotte, is a very cool restaurant. The waitresses are easy on the eyes and are always smiling. all the apps looked really good. in fact I had trouble deciding which one to try. I went with the scallops and they were delicious. I did not have a pizza but they looked really good and will definitely try one when I go back. My pasta was okay, nothing spectacular. Looking forward to going back, our waitress said Fridays are the best nights.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindAnneVIPDined on 5/12/2014This was a fabulous restaurant for dinner before TIFF. A little pricey but it's very well situated, close to Roy Thompson and Royal Alex. I love seafood and the sea bass was perfect as was the broccolini side. My friend had the veal chop, so generous she took half home. Our server was neither pushy or snobby, (neither of us drank wine) friendly and quick to respond. We went for an early dinner so it was wonderfully quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but you pay for it, too!TentativeDinerDined on 5/6/2014It's not a restaurant you'd find without looking, tucked into a side street that would be passed by unless you had a reason to be there. The food and service were quite good, though, and as long as your credit card has a good limit, you'll find things to enjoy about the dining experience. I found the menu to be somewhat limited, but a focused menu is not a bad thing in my view. We enjoyed our selections, prepared and presented well. The wine list is indeed extensive, but I think it is inappropriately expensive. The majority of the wine list were for bottles in excess of $100.00, not a price that seems reasonable for a place that is essentially selling pizza and pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014We were impressed when we arrived...nice atmosphere. Martini's were small and a little watery. The service was poor. Our waitress was very offhand and not well trained. She looked good but we need more than that. We were never offered bread and later when we noticed others had it we mentioned it to here and she just looked at us. We would not go back.Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Buonanotte reviews archive.
- retroOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2014The glitzy decor and retro thumping electronica music were sad to see because the food and service were excellent.
- Poor, noisy, expensiveMaryteDined on 4/30/2014We went after the concert for a late diner. The place looks like a night club with "Playboy like" waiters and waitresses. Poor service and the food was poor too. Very noisy.
- Just like MontrealThatguyoverthereDined on 4/26/2014I've loved Buonanotte in Montreal for years and didn't realized they'd opened a Toronto location. Checked it out and it's just as great, the wine was spectacular, the food amazing. And of course there's the serving staff… great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Night Out!TorontoDined on 4/24/2014My only concern was that we had made reservations for 5 people and the hostess brought us to a table of 4, and said we can add a seat! Their were plenty of tables around empty and could of seated more than 4 people. This is the start of my night and my girlfriend wasn't so pleased about this. You see it's the little things in life that make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceKsposhDined on 4/19/2014Came here for a girls night out on a Friday. Made the reservation 2 weeks prior and were reassured the only available time for a reservation is 6:30pm. When we arrived the restaurant was empty, we were the only 5 people there. At 8:30 pm they brought us the bill and advised we need to leave the table even tough we didnt finish eating or drinking. Very rude snobs. We spent a lot of money and were treated terribly. Bartenders were extremelly rude!! Not returning ever again.
- Feeling ripped offMarlyDined on 4/19/2014Waitress recommended this one specific appetizer which she said was so good. Never expected a piece if cheese to cost 54 dollars. Sad part is wine bottle cost 55 main entrees cost 40 dollars in total. Shocked to see the bill with an appetizer that cost 54 dollars. She should maybe have mentioned it would cost more than both our dinners. Pizza was very bland considering there was only eight people I the restaurant. Could have put more effort in the taste and presentation. Will never return.
- Good Times and Great ServiceBong2VIPDined on 4/15/2014Our servers were attentive and phenomenal with their food and wine choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2014Had to wait quite a while upon arrival for anyone to pay attention to me although several employees looked my way. The salad was good but the meatballs were lukewarm and undercooked. Had to wait a while to have them reheated.
- Good except for the $120 22oz steakeat2thebeatDined on 4/3/2014I had a good meal there on a fun night out with a colleague and a client. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and the buzz about the place was good. The only issue I have is with the pricing on the 22 oz tenderloin (this included the bone) which was on my bill at $120. I asked our waiter to provide a selection of appetizers and mains for my table to share. I don't recall him indicating the steak was $120 but maybe I wasn't paying attention. Maybe my bad but I would say that though it was a good chunk of meat, it was hardly worth that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfully surprised ...WBrettDined on 4/2/2014I was expecting a good dining experience - and was delightfully surprised at just how good a dining experience could be - from being greeted to every aspect of the dining experience - I was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for Portions OfferedthegirlDined on 3/27/2014Good ambience and overall a fun time but it was just way too overpriced for the portions received. The wine was awful (perhaps not at the right temperature, so it tasted bad) and we only had the option to purchase 5oz glasses (which were extremely overpriced compared to other restaurants in Toronto). The food was great but too expensive for the value offered. When most people go out, they want to feel satisfied that their money was well spent. Here, the price to portion ratio doesn't allow someone to feel satisfied, but ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prima Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014From the moment I entered , my eyes were feasting on the gorgeous wait staff, decadent upscale surroundings and the hip bar. The menu was fabulous and they had a few daily additions which we went for. Food was exceptional and our party ordered five different appetizers, plus four mains all unique and two deserts. We were able to sample a wide range of items on the menu and all were outstanding! Special note was the addition of a (burrata) fresh cheese of the day, we ordered the medium portion which came on a cheese board over a bed of prosciutto, some nuts and thin garlic crostini. The gnocchi is heavanly, the veal chop spectacular! This is a must try and return to restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014Excellent food and ambiance. Short on offerings of wine by the glass. Ample vegetarian options.Special Features:
- Great Location, Great ServiceJoshDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a terrific time on valentines day. The service was incredible. Emily the waitress knew the menu, gave great insights on what she liked and was knowledgeable about the wine. You water glass is never empty which i like, table is always cleaned promptly and there is plenty of time between courses. The meatballs were to die for. Moist, tender and tasty to start. The caprese salad was alright, but nothing compared to the meatballs. The mains were good, did not blow us away. The bombalini's (deep fried dough) with custard middle were also amazing! Great experience, we would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, quick, and courteousjcoxDined on 2/14/2014Buonanotte isn't the sort of restaurant I typically frequent — hyper-glitzy, with a gaudy gold-lattice ceiling and staff who look like they've been pulled from the pages of a modelling agency — but I was really impressed by the quality of the service we received. Our food was quite good — a pair of pizzas, some gelato, meatballs and salad as an appetizer — but the night was made memorable by the speed and care we received from our waitress, who was always ready to top up a water glass or pull some plates away without looming over our table. Buonanotte is a good choice for those who like Italian food and don't mind a little flash.Special Features:
- Valentine's dinnerAndyDined on 2/14/2014This was our first but not our last visit to Buonanotte. It was a wonderful dining experience with Rafaella as our waitress. Everything she recommended was bang on. We ordered 2 appetizers and 2 entrees and it was delicious. Different from anything we've had anywhere else and so so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BuonanotteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2014The was very good but far too expensive for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2014The place is pretty neat, tidy and I love their decor/ambiance. Staffs are very friendly and accommodating. Food-wise, everything that we ordered is very tasty, however, it seems that their food servings, particularly the calamari and pasta that we ordered, are pretty small compared to the price they're worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCathieVIPDined on 1/24/2014I had the tuna tartare and I must say that it was lacking in flavour. I also had the halibut and the fish was overcooked. My husband had one of the pizzas and he said it was ok. What was concerning is that we were there at 7:30 and the restaurant was just about empty. It is possible that is it more of a late-night spot and so that is the explanation. I had heard that this was a great restaurant ... having been there, I am not sure why.
- Hidden gemBirdieVIPDined on 1/23/2014We would not have found this wonderful spot if it had not been for Open Table!!, Service was warm and inviting. Food was delicious. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ServiceHungryGirlVIPDined on 1/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner here - the food was good although it needed more seasoning. We had to salt everything. Our server was wonderful. She took a lot of time with us and helped us to choose some wines - even bringing tastes of 3 different wines when we told her what we were looking for. We had an early dinnner and it was quiet when we arrived but picked up a lot by the time we left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service on NYE was excellent.fortheluvoffoodDined on 12/31/2013The service on NYE was excellent. Emily our server was fantastic. Food was alright. Lacked presentation. Atmosphere made up for it and overall the staff was very friendly. Always making sure everyone was having a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantIvanaDined on 12/17/2013We went to this restaurant for a late lunch, so I won't comment on the ambience or noise level. Having said that, it definitely gives off a vibe of being a hangout more than a place to get good food. The food was mediocre. The apps were probably the best thing we ordered on the menu. Good calamari and potato croquettes. Every one of the 7 of us served said their main course wasn't good or bland at best.
- Bf birthdayBfbirthdayDined on 12/7/2013Went on Saturday for bf birthday dinner. Pizza was amazing but main entrees we weren't to impressed with. The desserts and coffees were fabulous and they even decorated the dessert with happy birthday which was nice. The decor was nice and out waitress was fabulous but didn't like how they were still setting the restaurant up when we were there for dinner at 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianSuzyDined on 11/27/2013Picked this restaurant as it is near when I was staying. Excellent service. pasta slightly pricey, but the food was excellent. Would recommend it.Special Features:
- Fabulous!PerryClayVIPDined on 11/26/2013I loved this restaurant. It was my birthday and I had lunch there with some colleagues. We enjoyed the fact that is was quiet, the food was good and the server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleCeegeesDined on 11/25/2013Food was OK. Terrible service. Server refilled glasses with bottled water without being prompted thus racking up unnecessary charges. When the beer we selected was unavailable the server brought us already opened beer not on the menu that was more expensive. We were not even asked or informed that the beer was more expensive. The washrooms smelled terrible. Would not recommend to anyone.
- Our Wedding AnniversaryThirteenDined on 11/16/2013They have an Italian Sommelier, direct from Milan that was most helpful & interesting...and very knowledgeable Servers that were highly attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.