450 Massachusetts Ave
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buonavitaarlington.com/
- Phone: 7816414734
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon- Thu:4:30pm-10:30pm,Fri-Sat:4:30pm-11:00pm,Sun:4:30pm-9:30 Brunch from 11-3 Sat and Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francesco Martini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Buona Vita
Buona Vita!cucina italiana in the heart of the town of Arlington MA at 450 Massachusetts Ave. Chef-owner Francesco Martini, former executive chef at Mare in the North End of Boston, is welcoming his guests and offering a traditional Italian cuisine using the best ingredients at affordable prices. Chef Martini has an ample experience in the culinary world. He has worked with well known chefs in Italy and Spain. Buona Vita features wine from all of 16 Italian regions. Our wine master Mariana Larrosa has carefully chosen quality wines like Chianti, Primitivo, Soave and Pinot Grigio among others, at the best price. Buona Vita is a typical Italian trattoria, just as romantic and welcoming as the little restaurant you find in Rome walking out of Piazza Navona. Egidio de Martino our maître d’ will take care of you and feel you make part of our Italian family. If you are looking for a unique experience in Italian cuisine, come to see us. Grazie e buona vita!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buona Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
- Went on a week night, theBostonDaveDined on 5/29/2012Went on a week night, the service was really fantastic; the server paid close attention to our table. The chef was willing to make a past special not on the menu and later came out to chat with. It made for a really fun Tuesday evening out.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2012Service was excellent and charming in both Italian and English, and the convenience and ambience of the restaurant are a plus. However, despite good meals in the past, the food this time was disappointing--notably a tasteless and undercooked risotto--and overpriced. Doubt we'll return.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012The food and service were wonderful and we plan on returning. The wait staff was knowledgeable and gave clear concise descriptions of the specials. The food is true Italian food – well prepared, simple and delicious. It is a little piece of Italy in Arlington.Special Features:
- Better than Boston's NorthRaskalVIPDined on 5/11/2012Better than Boston's North End. The best Italian food around. A very European atmosphere.Special Features:
- I have been a fan of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2012I have been a fan of this Restaurant ever since ownership changed about 2 years ago. Without fail the pasta dishes are exact, the specials are special and the service is always attentive but not over the top. My wife who is not a big pasta fan insists on the funghi linguine.Special Features:
- My wife and I go to BuonapczernyVIPDined on 5/9/2012My wife and I go to Buona Vita at least once a month. The food is very good and reasonably priced. It definitely has the feel of a European neighborhood restaurant. At one level, I hope that it doesn't get discovered.Special Features:
- Finally, some "real" ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2012Finally, some "real" Italian in the 'burbs - we love this place! The food is really good, it's like having a home-cooked meal. It's very relaxed, the owner and staff are always so nice. The wine list is small but in a good way, and it's good value.Special Features:
- Attractive cozy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/7/2012Attractive cozy restaurant has become more upscale in recent years. The waiter was very helpful and attentive. My friend had the chicken Marsala before and ordered it again because she really loved it. The Teramisu and cappicino were outstanding.Special Features:
- We had two different vealSlipperyslopeVIPDined on 4/28/2012We had two different veal dishes. Not so good, the veal was tough and dry. I would try something besides veal, the sauce and accouterments around the veal weren't bad.
- Great food and awesome service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2012Great food and awesome service. Don't waste your time going into the North End, these guys do everything right! I tend bar in a high end restuarant and I recommend this place to all my regulars. It's my go to place to Veal Parmigiana.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable, staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Very enjoyable, staff was excellent and food as always was superbSpecial Features:
- Very Good Food with Decent PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012We had dinner there last Friday night (4/27/12) and had really good food. Everything had a good flavor and tasted fresh. The Chicken Parm had a huge piece of chicken, breading was nicely spiced, and the sauce was flavorful (not bland like some red sauces can be). The veal chop was cooked properly and had a nice flavor. The side of pesto linguine tasted very fresh and I would recommend it. Dinner was not cheap but I didn't think it was overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- The restaurant got very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012The restaurant got very busy for a Wednesday evening. They did not have enough staff to cover the customers. We had to wait to get our check.Special Features:
- Pretty Good but high-pricedPiesieVIPDined on 4/23/2012My spouse and I have been a fan for many years of this place. But, it changed ownership a few years ago and the prices went up quite a bit, though the ambiance also improved a bit. The quality of the food is excellent, but I don't know if I will keep coming here when the entrees are 20% about what they really should be. Also, the service is a little slow.
- The lobster ravioli had aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2012The lobster ravioli had a tasty sauce, but it was filled with all the junk parts of the lobster. The place was expensive in relation to the quality of the food. The ambiance was outstanding because we had a table next to the storefront. The rest of the restaurant was too dark.
- The Sea Bass was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012The Sea Bass was excellent. I had fillets and my son bad the whole fish. Both excellent.Special Features:
- Owner/waiter was a bit oversuzyVIPDined on 4/20/2012Owner/waiter was a bit over powering. Food was very good but prices were a bit high for Arlington in our opinionSpecial Features:
- A little too expensive forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012A little too expensive for the amount and quality of food.
- Very authentic Italian food-homemadtopnotchDined on 4/7/2012Very authentic Italian food-homemade pasta,fresh seafood flown in daily.lamb ,chicken veal-very extensive menu and lovingly prepared. Excellent service.Special Features:
- We discovered this place whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2012We discovered this place when our son was at Tufts and have continued to come here for many years and always find the service and food to be excellent. Great Italian spot, ethnic and delicious. The main waiter is personable,knowledgeable and remembers you. There is parking in the back, a big plus. Whenever we want to celebrate something special, we head to Buona Vita.Special Features:
- Since I did not receive anyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2012Since I did not receive any Open Table points for my visit, there should be no reason for me to rate my experience.
- Wonderful meal, very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Wonderful meal, very attentive staff. food was servred right from the kitchen, no wait, and was delevered quickly after ordering. Portions allowed lefotvers to be used for next day lunch. would go back anytime. noted it got very busy on this Friday nite starting at about 6:30. would recommend reservations, as small number of tables.Special Features:
- My wife and I returned toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012My wife and I returned to Buona Vita hoping for a great meal with service to match, and we weren't disappointed. We started with the Frittura di Positano, a full dish of shellfish in a delicious tempura batter, accompanied by a tasty marinara dipping sauce. Not only was this starter delicious, but it was much more generous than expected. My wife had the chicken saltimbocca,and was surprised again, not only at the flavor of the dish but at the generous portion of the plate. I had the assorted shellfish over linguine, and it, too was delicious and generous in size. We both had enough to provide leftovers for lunch the next day. Our wine and dinner were served by Phillipo, a young, attentive waiter who was courteous, helpful and charmiSpecial Features:
- Very small restaurant. NoiseFoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2012Very small restaurant. Noise level is quite high. The food is very good though and worth it.Special Features:
- A bit on the expensive sideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2012A bit on the expensive side for a tiny, local eatery. My entree was $39, but it was well worth it. Fabulous food and personalized service. Buona Vita is a small eatery where seasonal favorites are cooked to perfection and the staff go the extra mile to make sure the patrons feel "at home". Overall a great evening. ISpecial Features:
- Don't miss outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012Excellent. We've been to Italy many times and our meals reminded us of the authentic food and recipes in Italy. Simply prepared with the freshest ingredients. Staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable like in Europe. Will definitely go back. A true gem. Loved it.Special Features:
- small restaurant, could getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012small restaurant, could get crowded. food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Mushroom ragout with sausageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012Mushroom ragout with sausage over pappardelle was outstanding, very rich and flavorful.Special Features:
- We had another excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2012We had another excellent meal here during Restaurant Week. The antipasto appetizers were fresh; the veal saltimbocca and the sausage with broccoli rabe entrees delicious; and the cannoli (one of two desserts) fine if a little plain. We keep returning because we love the food here and the service is always excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great variety of deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012Great variety of delicious and fairly priced selctions. Staff was friendly and knew when to come over and when to give you space to enjoy your food and your party's company. Great atmosphere...small (and popular) so make a reservation or you may end up waiting.Special Features:
- It's as if you walked offBelmontBlondieVIPDined on 3/9/2012It's as if you walked off Mass Ave and into the Piazza Navona. Bellissimo!Special Features:
- We alsayw enjoy Buona VitaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/3/2012We always enjoy our experience at Buona Vinta. The food is so good and satisfying. The waitstaff is very accomodating and pleasant. We always feel very welcome there, including our two tween children. One of our local faves for sure!Special Features:
- Fabulous, fabulous food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Fabulous, fabulous food. Being Italian, I am extremely demanding about any Italian food that I eat out. This is worthy of any top restaurant in the North End. Attentive wait staff, yet not hovering.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious meal.KennethVIPDined on 3/2/2012Absolutely delicious meal. Warm and friendly service, free parking out back, reasonable prices.
- This restaurant is amazing!!AnniDined on 2/28/2012This restaurant is amazing!! Food is exceptional!! Dining at a restaurant where the owner takes your order and extends such personalized service is truly a treat. I would highly recommend this restaurant food is fresh and well prepared!Special Features:
- The place was slammed on FridayFoodLoverVIPDined on 2/24/2012The place was slammed on Friday night. We arrived before 8pm, before our reservation, but preference was given to others without a reservation who arrived about the same time. We were eventually seated half an hour later. My suggestion of complimentary prosecco was well received and we were grateful for that. The staff is likable and numerous -- the service is good considering the density of the diners. The food is well liked by loads of people, though I'm not as enthusiastic. But an interesting menu and a likable establishment.Special Features:
- We had another really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012We had another really nice meal at Buona Vita: My companion thought the risotto with sausage was just about perfect, and my pork loin with its balsamic vinegar sauce was very tender, although a little less of the strong sauce might have been better. The sauteed spinach side was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food and certainly aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2012Great food and certainly a neighborhood gem. We came back for a second time. My only comment is that, for the prices, food could be a little more abundant.Special Features:
- Not the Italian place we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012Not the Italian place we went looking for, but the mozzerella on the antipasti plate was worth the entire trip. There is no reason at all to go to the North End for Italian when this place is much more sane, with better food and friendlier staff.Special Features:
- Buona Vita is an exceptionallyEasternReaderDined on 2/14/2012Buona Vita is an exceptionally friendly restaurant, informal atmosphere with warm, personal attention given to diners. The food is excellent - - all ingredients are fresh as can be, and respectfully treated in preparation. The Branzino (Mediterannean sea bass) is truly exceptional, as is the seared tuna with a mustard crust; and the spaghetti with mushrooms explodes with mushroom flavor. Jump in the mouth flavors and textures abound, without any yuppified flounces.Special Features: