2535 N. California Ave
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buona-terra.com/
- Phone: (773) 289-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose "Chepe" Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We can make larger orders to go. Call and ask for our Chef, Chepe. He can tailor any menu to your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host private parties up to fifty.
- Private Party Contact: Chepe 7732893800
- Cross Street: Logan Blvd
- Public Transit: Blue Line California Stop,
California Avenue Bus, Logan Blvd Stop
Diversey Avenue Bus, California Ave Stop
Fullerton Avenue Bus, California Ave Stop
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have valet service available. There is also street parking available.
A word from Buona Terra
Buona Terra Ristorante has been serving the Chicagoland area since 2002. We are located in Logan Square but our clientele is international. Come by and sample our menu. Bring a date, bring a friend or just on your own. Buona Terra will always welcome you. We offer daily specials. We hand cut all of our steaks, make our own sausage and prepare all of our menu items in house. We offer a set price menu on Thursday that is like an offer you can't refuse; any starter, any entree and a dessert for $22.95. We hope to make your dining experience memorable and we always wish for you to come back soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Buona Terra reviews from OpenTable diners
- love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013I have been going to Buona Terra for years for the prix fixe night. The menu is great and you can make reservations. If you can dine outside you will enjoy the people watching. The sevice is also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff were very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2013The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Service was quick. Food was great. Would definitely come here again. Delicious garlic dip with the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a favorite restaurantdanidkDined on 7/20/2013This is a favorite restaurant of mine in logan square that we visit regularly. The food is delicious.Special Features:
- Four people for weeknightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2013Four people for weeknight dinner. We ate outside. Very few patrons either inside or outside. Street noise can be difficult; ambulances and other emergency vehicles. I suspect ownership has changed because I did not encounter a single person of Italian blood. That notwithstanding, food prepared and presented properly. Friendly staff. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantKareninlincolnparkDined on 7/13/2013We had a great meal at the restaurant, and the wait staff was wonderful- attentive and personable. We sat outside so did t really experience the restaurant ambience. The outside decor could use a little improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried the Thursday night specials,JoseDined on 6/27/2013Tried the Thursday night specials, and it all went quite well. Will definitely be going back. Appreciated the owner stopping by the table to check on things.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2013Good food and the entire team works to ensure that your experience is great. BEST prix fixe option in the city.Special Features:
- Logan Square GemAwardDined on 6/20/2013Buona Terra is a small, family owned restaurant located just south of Logan Boulevard. Do yourself a favor and dine there on a Thursday for the pre fixe dinner. You will be surprised at the fine selection of wine. First choose an appetizer, I recommend the carpaccio. It will be difficult to choose an entree from the menu, they are all delicious. Afterwards, you can select your dessert option, this too will be a tough choice. My suggestion is the chocolate pecan tart. All for the low price of $22.95. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findJeffortlessDined on 6/9/2013This was our first time at Buona Terra but it will not be our last. We were three for dinner on a Sunday evening and each ordered from a different section of the menu. The food was excellent; interesting combination of flavors and was clearly fresh. Service was very good; attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined here for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2013Dined here for the first time on a Wednesday night. The room off the main entrance was quite full with two large parties, which made it almost impossible for a party of four to hold a conversation. The service was not great, again probably due to the large parties, but the restaurant should be able to plan for this type of staffing. The food was very mediocre, nothing to run back for. Will not return to this spot.
- Suprisingly delicious Italian.Foodie4lifeDined on 6/2/2013I was really pleasantly surprised. The food was great, the waiter was attentive, and we were even able to sit right by the window in their bigger room. If you haven't been here, I would highly recommend that you check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2013Buona Terra is one of our favorite neighborhood places. The regular menu items are always great and their specials never disappoint.Special Features:
- Best ValueBuonissimaDined on 5/23/2013This restaurant is the best value for the money bar none in this city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Logan Square GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2013Neighborhood dining at its finest. The food is great and everyone is friendly and attentive. From imaginative daily specials to the regular (and hearty) pasta dishes, we have never had a bad meal. The wait staff and owners go out of their way to make you feel at home. Great place!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChowchowchowDined on 5/3/2013Best Italian restaurant we have been to in a long time. You can tell the food was made fresh. The service was good. Tables were really close to each other, which made it hard for the waiter to come by often. We left knowing we would be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food overall. The BruschettaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013Good food overall. The Bruschetta was the only disappointment. Very friendly wait-staff. Great Prix Fix deal on Thursday nights!Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I were thereMeganVIPDined on 4/12/2013My boyfriend and I were there for dinner last Friday and overall had a pretty good experience. The food and service were outstanding (particularly the woman who ran the front of the house- love her). We had the sautéed calamari as a starter, one of the veal dishes and the linguini frutti di mari special- all were outstanding. The bottle of Sangiovese was a perfect compliment and extremely reasonably priced. The only thing I could complain about was our table. We were trying to enjoy a romantic evening and got the smallest table I've ever seen that was awkwardly in the middle of the back dining room. We also happened to be surrounded by a bunch of large loud parties. We ended up laughing it off and aside from that, everything was fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicious food and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2013Delicious food and a great prix fixe on Thursdays. Always a treat.Special Features:
- Great food which is reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013Great food which is reasonably priced. Friendly staff and nice, comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- They know all about southernOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013They know all about southern Italian. Terrific sauce, delicious pasta and great appetizers. Plus the price is reasonable.Special Features:
- We live nearby and love goingscouterDined on 3/28/2013We live nearby and love going to Buona Terra. The food is consistantly good and the service is solid. My favorites are the Prosciutto e Mozzarella alla Ferri appetizer and the Angelotti Zuca pasta. I wish they would bottle the garlic spread they serve with the bread because it is that good. The prix fixe menu on Thursdays is a good value & you can order anything off the menu. Make reservations if you go on Thurs because it gets packed!Special Features:
- Our Go - To placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Not our first time at Bouna Terra and definitely not our last. Buona Terra has been a favorite restaurant for more reasons than featured in the survey. Absolutely friendly and warm hospitality, plus perfectly prepared and presented food. Slow and conversational if you wish or quick if needed. A top choice for us. We've gotten to know Chepe and Eileen, the owners, a pleasure to meet. We're not local, but its a favorite for many.Special Features:
- A favorite place every timeDrLittleDined on 3/21/2013A favorite place every time we're in Chicago. Quality of the food is excellent. We love it there.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Italian EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2013This is a neighborhood Italian eatery. I took my friend her for his birthday because he lives in the neighborhood and loves one of their carbonara. I had the eggplant done differently, I think I would have been happier with traditional mom & pop Italian fare. I was hoping for more of a scene since we are both single, but there were mostly families with kids, and a few couples out for a midweek - lets not cook at home because your awesome and working too hard - dinner out.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemBillandPegDined on 3/12/2013This lovely neighborhood restaurant could hd it's own on Michigan avenue! Excellent wait staff and the food is fabulous. The portions are reasonable and plated to perfection. Good wine list and folks of all ages enjoying great foodSpecial Features:
- A real gem!cath23Dined on 3/9/2013This was our 2nd time dining here and we're already planning a return visit. Owned by a Husband & Wife, it is like sitting in their home. They are warm, welcoming & friendly. I have tried different dishes both times (sorry it escapes me now as I am writing this 6 months later), but remember everyone enjoying their meals. I think I had a special tomato salad that was wonderful. Have eaten both pasta and fish and neither disappointed. We never feel rushed and always enjoy ourselves. Good meeting spot as right off the expressway for us and we often will meet friends or our son (city dwellers) for dinner. Can't wait to get back to this warm, cozy, friendly restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! If you like bruschetta,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013Delicious! If you like bruschetta, you must try Buona Terra's. Dinner pasta portions are large, it was so good that I almost finished the entire thing. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great little spot in LoganOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2013Great little spot in Logan Sq. Great food. Great service. Been here several times and always enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2013Absolutely wonderful. We went on Thursday when they do their pre-fixe option. The food was amazing and the service matched. So happy to have found this gem and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very lovely place with a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013Very lovely place with a quiet atmosphere. We got our food very quickly and the service was great. I highly recommend this place if you are in the mood for italian.Special Features:
- We had a group of 6 on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/10/2013We had a group of 6 on a Sunday evening. Service was attentive and we were not rushed. Food was fabulous. We will return!Special Features:
- From the moment i walked inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013From the moment i walked in the door, I was warmly welcomed to sit at the bar to wait. The rest of the evening was as attentive to me and my quest. The food is delicious and the service outstanding. This has become a family favorite!Special Features:
- Excellent food -- Nice Wine List --OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2013Excellent food and a nice wine list -- we held a business dinner with eight people in attendance and received excellent service. I will return both for business and for casual dinning.Special Features:
- Was worried after disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/2/2013Was worried after disappointing apps ( grilled baby octopus that was diced up and scarce and a capresse salad that was not appealing) but the main courses where outstanding. Will be back but may pass on the apps. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- We were seated 45 mins laterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013We were seated 45 mins later then our reservations; there is no place to wait; kept being asked to move by staff; People with later reservations and who came after us got seated. the Table was small, crowded and there was no space
- The food was outstanding...fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013The food was outstanding...from the appetizer to dessert. I'm definitely looking forward to returning to Burona Terra.Special Features:
- It takes a lot for an ItalianSprngrlDined on 1/5/2013It takes a lot for an Italian restaurant to distinguish itself from the pack, but the food and service at Buona Terra do just that. Our party ordered the ravioli stuffed with butternut squash, skate wing, trout, and almond breaded eggplant. For appetizers, we shared carpaccio and caprese salad. All were prepared delectably, perfectly seasoned , and servings were generous. The service is attentive, and servers are friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- New Year Eve.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We made our reservations online and it went smoothly and efficiently. When we got there they were pretty busy ,but it was New Years Eve, and they still got us our table pretty close to our reservation time which was impressive. The waiter had and excellent food suggestion for my date but really offered little in advice on the wine. My NY stripe was order med. rare and was more med. then rare but still pretty tasty. It was really nice that this restaurant is in our neighborhood and I'm sure we'll be back before next New Years Eve.Special Features:
- Buona Terra is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012Buona Terra is one of my favorite Italian restaurants! The food, the people, the wine is amazing! I recommend this restaurant to anyone! Perfect place for a quiet date night :)Special Features:
- Wonderful Logan Square Dinner SpotSeaShoreVIPDined on 12/22/2012Cozy storefront neighborhood place with fresh, creative menu items. Wonderful salads. Especially loved the gnocci, but all pastas we had were excellent. Prices were fairly reasonable.Special Features: