Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
943 Spring St.
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.btslo.com/
- Phone: (805) 237-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Varia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buona Tavola offers full service catering featuring Antonio Varia's Northern Italian cuisine for any event on the Central Coast. Years of experience on the Princess Cruise Lines have prepared Antonio to cater any event from 25 to 1000 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful heated and covered garden courtyard can accomodate up to 100 guests, with a separate area for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Andres Lopez 8052370600
A word from Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
For over 18 years Antonio Varia has been delighting the palates of the Central Coast with his inventive yet traditional Northern Italian cuisine. Using only the freshest local and imported ingredients, Buona Tavola offers a romantic garden setting to enjoy fine dining lunch and dinner. The esteemed Zagat Survey gave Buona Tavola the highest ratings of any restaurant in the county, calling it "Superb dining with great wine in a charming setting... one of the best between Los Angeles and San Francisco." The loyal staff at Buona Tavola still consists of more than a handful of the original opening crew, and as you walk through the front door you truly become a part of the family. The skill that comes with hard-won years of experience and the area's freshest seasonal ingredients are apparent in every dish served. Plus the main ingredient comes from Antonio himself: "I cook with love!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (29)notable wine list (20)romantic (16)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Open Table booked us for an outside table,not goodPasoranchDined on 11/22/2014Open Table booked us for an outside table versus inside but never noted that when I made the reservation. That needs to be fixed becuase it was very cold outside and we would not have picked that as an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!!!! Amazing food!!!winowomanVIPDined on 11/12/2014Visiting in the area, but this is one of the best restaurants we've been to in a while. Everything was incredible. I had Tortiglioni Del Buon Gustaio which was wide ridged pasta tubes with braised eggplant, roasted garlic, diced roma tomatoes and a splash of organic tomato sauce topped with ricotta cheese, they added mushrooms, and it was delicious. My husband had asparagus soup,( I wish we had got some more to go,) and then he had the special, which was a salmon and shrimp pasta. Just YUMMY. Service was great, and no corkage on our amazing Tobin James Zin. The restaurant is loud, but not overwhelming. Wish we had gone there again our second night. SOOO GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...KeeverDined on 11/12/2014Great food, cozy atmosphere, excellent service...we were referred by Tobin James Winery...If you take a bottle of Tobin, there is no Corkage...so we did just that....Very noisy however...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noisyDelhigirlDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful food and service. Good value for money, but it was way too noisy. We almost left because we couldn't hear ourselves speak.Special Features:
- Paso Wine Country Gem40yearsafoodieDined on 10/31/2014We chose this Restaraunt based on reviews and a local tasting room host confirmed we had made the best decision. He alerted us to the housemade Salame and so we started with an antipasta plate that had 3 different types of salami with 2 cheeses and 2 spreads that complemented the salame and cheese and a few rich delicious olives. Everything was amazing. The evening special risotto had shrimp (that were crunchy and flavorful) scallops and baby lobster tails in their shells. The crustacean flavors permeated the rice, and the cheese in the rice was warm and rich without overpowering the seafood. I could not have been happier with the dish. Hubby had veal scallopini and was happy with his as well. I could go on but I'm out of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous every time we've eaten there!NielsWDined on 10/29/2014We come to Paso Robles regularly on wine tasting adventures. We always make a point of eating at Bueno Tavola. The food is spectacular and the ambience is great. We've never been disappointed in the service either. For local wines, they waive corkage. This place makes for a wonderful dining experience which we don't miss, every time we come to Paso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely authentic Paso Robles spotArthurJacobVIPDined on 10/29/2014I would recommend this Italian restaurant to anyone visiting the area. Although it has been around awhile the decor and furnishings were up to date. Great service and food.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!SethDined on 10/28/2014From the moment you walk to be greeted, to be seated, to service and food, it is by far the best place to eat at while in Paso Robles! This was our 3rd visit there and we will continue to go to Buona Tavola. Its simply devine and everyone there is so gracious.Special Features:
- Really great food and environmentRayOVIPDined on 10/21/2014We went here the first time and was so excited we went back the next night the food was over the top. Great dishes, great Martina's and really great service. Worth your time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodPKR13Dined on 10/18/2014We had a fantastic dinner. Nice selection of entrees, something to please everyone. Our entrees included tortelloni with veal, spinach & prosciutto in a porcini mushroom tomato sauce and the agnolotti stuffed with scampi & prosciutto in saffron sauce...very rich and yummy. We have a lot of Italian restaurants in San Diego, but I haven't found one this good. Our server was friendly & very knowledgeable of the food and wine selections. The place was packed at 6 PM. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Great foodRickDined on 10/17/2014Two excellent pasta dishes, arugula,beet root, citrus salad very tasty. Very busy Friday, service a little slow, but very courteous. Overall experience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply enjoyableSLOnativeDined on 10/16/2014Went to this place (all adults) for a casual birthday dinner. Waitress was excellent as well as the tasty food. Decent price for an upscale restaurant. A little noisy, due to all the patrons but not so much we couldn't hear each other-unless you have a soft voice. Great place and I know, we will go back soon. Food was soooo good!!!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood Italian.bill426Dined on 9/29/2014We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. The menu is not overly flashy or unusually creative, but we have never had a bad dish. The wine list is adequate and service prompt and polite. I would like to see the menu change from time to time, as it never seems to vary. For the first time, my wife and I ate outside as it was a warm September evening. There was some Spring Street traffic and noise but it wasn't bad and we enjoy outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationluvfoodDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant was recommended by Croad Vineyards. It was a great dinning experience in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTREMELY NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014There is no buffer to tone down the noise levels, which even the waiter apologized for twice! Too bad because the food was great and service was fine.Special Features:
- dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014the food was good, service was ok! THE NOISE INSIDE WAAS TOO MUCH. WE HAD TO ALMOST YELL OUR ORDER TO THE WAITER. get your food to goooooooo. set outside if you go!!!!!!!
- Food never disappoints!foodie7VIPDined on 8/31/2014This is our third visit to Buena Tavola - we go about once a year - and each time we leave raving about the food. This time the service was outstanding, too, even though the restaurant was packed as it was Labor Day weekend. We have recently visited Rome and Buean Tavola was everybit as good as what we had eaten there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGidgetDined on 8/29/2014Highly recommend the meat & cheese plate; the salami is house made & is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in PasoMikeyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great Italian, pasta was cook perfectly, service was excellent. Wine list covered a number of regions. The ambience was s expected for Italian, open kitchen style, tightess tables, great noise level, people enjoying food and company. The veal stuff tortellini was outstanding with the pasta cooked to perfection. The seafood pasta special was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing herePrincessDined on 8/21/2014Paso is good. Wine is cheap out here price range from $30-50/bottle. We pick up few zin and red. The good is so good. We went to the Italian restaurant 2 nights in row because we love it so much. Pismo is nice but very small townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014very nice meal and good service. I recommend the seafood pasta and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining the kids lovePastaPastaDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful and elegant lunch at your lovely restaurant. The dishes were delicious. Thank you for accommodating my wife who does not eat dairy. She really enjoyed her healthier dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buona TavolaMollyDookerDined on 8/10/2014I had fettuccine cooked to perfection with a meat sauce, but the sauce had elements of chicken, duck, veal and beef. It was delicious and no need to add any seasonings although it could have been spicier for my taste. It was paired with a Tobin James cab. The antipasto we recommend are the 3 different salamis with cheese and olives. We bought some of that for our next home BBQ and wine tasting event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Buona Tavola in Paso Robles is our favorite restaurant whenever we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy for staff to handlenewladyca1VIPDined on 8/7/2014We were seated fast & had our order taken fairly promptly. It took a while to get bread, & we didn't have bread plates when it came. I wanted a second glass of wine when my entree came & needed to see the menu again, since it was taken away. The waiter took about 10 minutes to come back, but I had already finished my entree, so I asked for a desert menu instead. That came fairly quickly, but after another 15 minutes of the waiter not coming back, we had to ask another server for the check. The restaurant was very busy, and it seemed like there was no front of house manager. The hostess disappeared; the bartender had to seat people. There seemed to be 2 servers who were just meandering around helping one main waiter for the entire floor.Special Features:
- Great dinnerGregDined on 8/4/2014This is a great little restaurant in Paso Robles ... Excellent food, served on time, attentive service ... The dining room is a bit small, noisy ... Overall a great find, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentroadgormetDined on 8/4/2014Lunch was excellent. Comprehensive menu, first class preparation and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but service problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good, especially my veal medallions. But service was a different story. Our server was great, but the food delivery from the kitchen was a problem. We had to ask for bread, that others were given. We had to make a second request before my wife's ice tea came. But something really broke down after our appetizers. We waited over 30 minutes, with our sever checking with the kitchen several times. The table next to us also had problems. Apparently a large table of 10 people had disrupted the kitchen flow. In the end my wife never got her "special" soup as they ran out. When our food finally came, it was great and they comped our drinks because of the delays. At times the room was noisy. Not sure if we'd go again.Special Features:
- Don't miss this Italian restaurantRetTillermanDined on 8/1/2014Our service and food was fantastic! I had the pesto Gnocci and it was a large delicious portion. My wife had the risotto and she loved it. Our salad was also very good. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD & ignored our 25th anniversaryThimbuDined on 8/1/2014When I made my reservation, I noted that it was our 25th anniversary and we had hoped for a romantic dinner. We were given a table inside, towards the kitchen and against the wall. It was so loud that we were practically yelling at each other across a small table. At one point, the tables on either side of us were empty and 2 out of the 3 in the row next to us were empty as well. It made no appreciable difference in the noise level. The wait staff never acknowledged our anniversary in any way. The food was good but not to the point of my wanting to return.
- The following 310 reviews are from the Buona Tavola - Paso Robles reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceRob331Dined on 7/26/2014The pastas were out of this world and the service was even better. A great find.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencejhanaheimDined on 7/25/2014We had a great dinner experience. Made a reservation for a Friday evening, and the place was packed by the time we left. The restaurant is small and intimate with a great wine selection. The caesar salad was fantastic! Pastas were deliciously rich and filling. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consumer- vacationerScooter7707Dined on 7/18/2014I would never return to this restaurant- the King salmon was the special on Friday July 25th and I ordered it medium rare - It was overcooked and the waitress never returned to the table until my husband was finished with his meal. I said it was overcooked and she asked if I wanted to wait for another piece - that the chef tended to overcook some things. It was late and we were tired after a long drive. I had no interest in sitting there any longer. Disappointing dinner all around-
- Comfortable & Satifying.SilverJDDined on 7/10/2014Quickly greeted and seated. Open Table reservations are great. Waiter promptly came over to the table, listed the night's specials and took a drink order. I choose the veal tortellini with a nice tomato sauce. Each pasta was stuffed. The combination of pasta and sauce was perfect. There was a little sauce left over which I wiped up with some bread. I didn't want to leave a drop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find.AlisonsdDined on 7/10/2014We were looking for a nice low key italian restaurant and we found it at BuonoTavola! Food was wonderful as was the service and ambiance. They let me taste a wine that was special that night before ordering it and as it turned out I ordered a different wine. No questions asked,no attitude. We were in the mood for pasta and the paparadelli with shrimp and the pumpkin tortellini were exceptional. My husband at the eggplant appetizer and I had the artichoke and tomato and cheese appetizer - both were great! Portion sizes were good, not overwhelming but filling. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Nothing like eating out and cleaning your plate. From the tapanade to the main course I truly enjoyed my supper. I had the special salmon and my husband ordered the fettuchini veal, duck, beef noodles, he said it was the best Italian he's ever had. Dessert came w/ pistachio sorbet w/ basil syrup. A must try! Really enjoyed our dinner and next time we are in town we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTanteJulieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Pasta was terrible. First pasta we ordered was swimming in sauce. Sent it back. Second one we tried was better, but nothing to rave about. We were very disappointed since we went there especially for a bowl of pasta. However, the salad was good.
- Consistent Italian GemednamodeDined on 6/26/2014I have been eating at this restaurant since it opened. I can always count on a wonderful eating experience. The attitude is casually sophisticated, but not snooty. Feel free to relax here after a day in the vineyards or for any special occasion. They will never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had our anniversary dinner. It was great. The food was excellent, the ambience was romantic, the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in casual settingDM2InspVIPDined on 6/15/2014Traditional family style Italian food. Good food and generous portions at modest prices.Special Features: