Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
943 Spring St.
Paso Robles, CA 93446Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.btslo.com/
- Phone: 8052370600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Varia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buona Tavola offers full service catering featuring Antonio Varia's Northern Italian cuisine for any event on the Central Coast. Years of experience on the Princess Cruise Lines have prepared Antonio to cater any event from 25 to 1000 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our beautiful heated and covered garden courtyard can accomodate up to 100 guests, with a separate area for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Contact: Andres Lopez 8052370600
A word from Buona Tavola - Paso Robles
For over 18 years Antonio Varia has been delighting the palates of the Central Coast with his inventive yet traditional Northern Italian cuisine. Using only the freshest local and imported ingredients, Buona Tavola offers a romantic garden setting to enjoy fine dining lunch and dinner. The esteemed Zagat Survey gave Buona Tavola the highest ratings of any restaurant in the county, calling it "Superb dining with great wine in a charming setting... one of the best between Los Angeles and San Francisco." The loyal staff at Buona Tavola still consists of more than a handful of the original opening crew, and as you walk through the front door you truly become a part of the family. The skill that comes with hard-won years of experience and the area's freshest seasonal ingredients are apparent in every dish served. Plus the main ingredient comes from Antonio himself: "I cook with love!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles - Best Restaurants in Paso Robles ›
Buona Tavola - Paso Robles reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (23)notable wine list (20)romantic (16)good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great foodRickDined on 10/17/2014Two excellent pasta dishes, arugula,beet root, citrus salad very tasty. Very busy Friday, service a little slow, but very courteous. Overall experience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Went to this place (all adults) for a casual birthday dinner. Waitress was excellent as well as the tasty food. Decent price for an upscale restaurant. A little noisy, due to all the patrons but not so much we couldn't hear each other-unless you have a soft voice. Great place and I know, we will go back soon. Food was soooo good!!!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood Italian.bill426Dined on 9/29/2014We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. The menu is not overly flashy or unusually creative, but we have never had a bad dish. The wine list is adequate and service prompt and polite. I would like to see the menu change from time to time, as it never seems to vary. For the first time, my wife and I ate outside as it was a warm September evening. There was some Spring Street traffic and noise but it wasn't bad and we enjoy outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014This restaurant was recommended by Croad Vineyards. It was a great dinning experience in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTREMELY NOISYOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014There is no buffer to tone down the noise levels, which even the waiter apologized for twice! Too bad because the food was great and service was fine.Special Features:
- dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014the food was good, service was ok! THE NOISE INSIDE WAAS TOO MUCH. WE HAD TO ALMOST YELL OUR ORDER TO THE WAITER. get your food to goooooooo. set outside if you go!!!!!!!
- Food never disappoints!foodie7Dined on 8/31/2014This is our third visit to Buena Tavola - we go about once a year - and each time we leave raving about the food. This time the service was outstanding, too, even though the restaurant was packed as it was Labor Day weekend. We have recently visited Rome and Buean Tavola was everybit as good as what we had eaten there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodGidgetDined on 8/29/2014Highly recommend the meat & cheese plate; the salami is house made & is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in PasoMikeyDined on 8/22/2014Great Italian, pasta was cook perfectly, service was excellent. Wine list covered a number of regions. The ambience was s expected for Italian, open kitchen style, tightess tables, great noise level, people enjoying food and company. The veal stuff tortellini was outstanding with the pasta cooked to perfection. The seafood pasta special was equally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing herePrincessDined on 8/21/2014Paso is good. Wine is cheap out here price range from $30-50/bottle. We pick up few zin and red. The good is so good. We went to the Italian restaurant 2 nights in row because we love it so much. Pismo is nice but very small townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014very nice meal and good service. I recommend the seafood pasta and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining the kids lovePastaPastaDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful and elegant lunch at your lovely restaurant. The dishes were delicious. Thank you for accommodating my wife who does not eat dairy. She really enjoyed her healthier dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buona TavolaMollyDookerDined on 8/10/2014I had fettuccine cooked to perfection with a meat sauce, but the sauce had elements of chicken, duck, veal and beef. It was delicious and no need to add any seasonings although it could have been spicier for my taste. It was paired with a Tobin James cab. The antipasto we recommend are the 3 different salamis with cheese and olives. We bought some of that for our next home BBQ and wine tasting event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Buona Tavola in Paso Robles is our favorite restaurant whenever we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy for staff to handlenewladyca1VIPDined on 8/7/2014We were seated fast & had our order taken fairly promptly. It took a while to get bread, & we didn't have bread plates when it came. I wanted a second glass of wine when my entree came & needed to see the menu again, since it was taken away. The waiter took about 10 minutes to come back, but I had already finished my entree, so I asked for a desert menu instead. That came fairly quickly, but after another 15 minutes of the waiter not coming back, we had to ask another server for the check. The restaurant was very busy, and it seemed like there was no front of house manager. The hostess disappeared; the bartender had to seat people. There seemed to be 2 servers who were just meandering around helping one main waiter for the entire floor.Special Features:
- Great dinnerGregDined on 8/4/2014This is a great little restaurant in Paso Robles ... Excellent food, served on time, attentive service ... The dining room is a bit small, noisy ... Overall a great find, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentroadgormetDined on 8/4/2014Lunch was excellent. Comprehensive menu, first class preparation and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but service problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was very good, especially my veal medallions. But service was a different story. Our server was great, but the food delivery from the kitchen was a problem. We had to ask for bread, that others were given. We had to make a second request before my wife's ice tea came. But something really broke down after our appetizers. We waited over 30 minutes, with our sever checking with the kitchen several times. The table next to us also had problems. Apparently a large table of 10 people had disrupted the kitchen flow. In the end my wife never got her "special" soup as they ran out. When our food finally came, it was great and they comped our drinks because of the delays. At times the room was noisy. Not sure if we'd go again.Special Features:
- Don't miss this Italian restaurantRetTillermanDined on 8/1/2014Our service and food was fantastic! I had the pesto Gnocci and it was a large delicious portion. My wife had the risotto and she loved it. Our salad was also very good. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD & ignored our 25th anniversaryThimbuDined on 8/1/2014When I made my reservation, I noted that it was our 25th anniversary and we had hoped for a romantic dinner. We were given a table inside, towards the kitchen and against the wall. It was so loud that we were practically yelling at each other across a small table. At one point, the tables on either side of us were empty and 2 out of the 3 in the row next to us were empty as well. It made no appreciable difference in the noise level. The wait staff never acknowledged our anniversary in any way. The food was good but not to the point of my wanting to return.
- Great food and serviceRob331Dined on 7/26/2014The pastas were out of this world and the service was even better. A great find.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencejhanaheimDined on 7/25/2014We had a great dinner experience. Made a reservation for a Friday evening, and the place was packed by the time we left. The restaurant is small and intimate with a great wine selection. The caesar salad was fantastic! Pastas were deliciously rich and filling. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food consumer- vacationerScooter7707Dined on 7/18/2014I would never return to this restaurant- the King salmon was the special on Friday July 25th and I ordered it medium rare - It was overcooked and the waitress never returned to the table until my husband was finished with his meal. I said it was overcooked and she asked if I wanted to wait for another piece - that the chef tended to overcook some things. It was late and we were tired after a long drive. I had no interest in sitting there any longer. Disappointing dinner all around-
- Comfortable & Satifying.SilverJDDined on 7/10/2014Quickly greeted and seated. Open Table reservations are great. Waiter promptly came over to the table, listed the night's specials and took a drink order. I choose the veal tortellini with a nice tomato sauce. Each pasta was stuffed. The combination of pasta and sauce was perfect. There was a little sauce left over which I wiped up with some bread. I didn't want to leave a drop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find.AlisonsdDined on 7/10/2014We were looking for a nice low key italian restaurant and we found it at BuonoTavola! Food was wonderful as was the service and ambiance. They let me taste a wine that was special that night before ordering it and as it turned out I ordered a different wine. No questions asked,no attitude. We were in the mood for pasta and the paparadelli with shrimp and the pumpkin tortellini were exceptional. My husband at the eggplant appetizer and I had the artichoke and tomato and cheese appetizer - both were great! Portion sizes were good, not overwhelming but filling. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Nothing like eating out and cleaning your plate. From the tapanade to the main course I truly enjoyed my supper. I had the special salmon and my husband ordered the fettuchini veal, duck, beef noodles, he said it was the best Italian he's ever had. Dessert came w/ pistachio sorbet w/ basil syrup. A must try! Really enjoyed our dinner and next time we are in town we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedTanteJulieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Pasta was terrible. First pasta we ordered was swimming in sauce. Sent it back. Second one we tried was better, but nothing to rave about. We were very disappointed since we went there especially for a bowl of pasta. However, the salad was good.
- Consistent Italian GemednamodeDined on 6/26/2014I have been eating at this restaurant since it opened. I can always count on a wonderful eating experience. The attitude is casually sophisticated, but not snooty. Feel free to relax here after a day in the vineyards or for any special occasion. They will never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Buona Tavola - Paso Robles reviews archive.
- Great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had our anniversary dinner. It was great. The food was excellent, the ambience was romantic, the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in casual settingDM2InspVIPDined on 6/15/2014Traditional family style Italian food. Good food and generous portions at modest prices.Special Features:
- Very Good MealIzigamaDined on 6/13/2014Hubby and I were driving through to Santa Barbara. It was late Buona Tavola was open until 10AM. We stopped and had a wonderful meal with great service. Hubby had the wild salmon and I had homemade ravioli. Both were extraordinarily delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatGregVIPDined on 6/10/2014The food was good Italian but nothing that caused us to rate the restaurant beyond average. The dining room is narrow and the tables along the side are very close together, making the dining experience less intimate and romantic. Both my wife and I had pasta dishes that were good but the ambience of the restaurant and the noise level (the restaurant was full) impacted our enjoyment. We preferred The experience at Il Cortile, were we had dined earlier in the week (and received exceptional service and food/wine pairing recommendations from Vanessa, our server).
- terrific Italian restaurantKevinDined on 6/1/2014Eat here at least once per visit to Paso Robles and always terrific, food is excellent, choices great, always check out the specials and a nice wine list and cozy place on the main drag in downtown Paso.Special Features:
- Great food, lively clienteleSandiDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed our food very much. Split a green salad with walnuts, prosciutto & shaved Parmesan that was unusual & delicious, & individual portions very generous. Both of us had pasta dishes well sauced (not drowning in it). Wine list had plenty of excellent choices, including half bottles, a Seghesio zin half bottle was perfect. If the close tables & noise level acceptable for you, an excellent choice for great food, wine & full bar.Special Features:
- ClassicSchincatDined on 5/24/2014Great Italian cuisine served in a lovely setting. Everything was fresh and beautifully prepared.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014My wife and I finally got away from the kids for a night. Buona Tavola was romantic get away with superior food. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paso is growing up!singingcookDined on 5/17/2014Remarkably, the dining scene in Paso Robles has matured from cowboy steak houses and bars to sophisticated eateries like Buona Tavola. Excellent food, supported with one of the best wait staffs we can remember, Buona Tavola should be on everyones list during a visit to the up and coming wine district.The staffs attention to detail, courtesy, and knowledge of the menu made our dining experience one to remember. It may be located in tiny Paso Robles, but Buona Tavola would give any of the best in Napa a run for their money.Special Features:
- 1 night in PasoWineauDined on 5/10/2014Reliably excellent. And you can hear your dining companion, a welcome relief from the current fashion of too-noisy restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food with careJahMuseDined on 5/9/2014Found this spot via a search of places in Pasa Robles and was more than surprised. Not the usual Italian spot but really on the best of the higher end meals. Totally pleasant surprise. Great service and food and a find and a half. If I lived here I would be here lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmn1Dined on 5/2/2014Had a lovely dinner - great food and wine! Would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.